You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Who wins PTC15? Start speculating!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 05-15-15 03:37 AM CT (US)   

Pretty Town Contest Speculating Thread

It's time again, the long awaited Pretty town contest is on. In the last week some heavy players have submitted their entries for this one. (Myself included) But who will take the first place? Who's gonna come in second and third? I'm sure it's going to be a tough decision for the judges.

The deadline has passed, now there real speculations begin. I want to hear your thoughts, reasons and odds. I want to hear who takes first, second and third place. Come on give me those odds.

In the entry list as of now, we have:

(1 / Decimal odds) * 100 = winning chance in percent. I will also add fractional odds for you prehistoric troglodytes out there.

MrMew 6,75 - 23/4 - Competed in the last MGC with his map "Redwood Garrison". It held promise and I'm sure he has improved even more over the year.

MrWednesday 3,60 - 13/5 - An oldie here at AoKH with a record that few could match. Among his work we find scenarios like "The Old man and the Sea", "The quiet dawn" and "Liegnitz 1241 A.D" none with a score under 4.0. What's next?

CarolKarine 3,75 - 11/4 - When it comes to a Pretty town contest, it would be strange to not have CK in it. He participated in 2011 and 2013 with some great maps, both with a score of 4.5. Will we see a 5.0 this time?

Knaber 6,50 - 11/2 - We haven't seen much of Knaber as of late. Has he perhaps undergone some secret "scenario-making" training. With one of his first submissions to AoKH he scored a 4.8. Is that his limit or will we see something even better now?

DelCrosB 6,55 - 111/20 - From out of nowhere this guy came along for the last MGC and rocked the place. With his submission "The Elite Training Academy Challenge" made in Age of Chivalry he gave all the judges something to chew on. What's his next move?

Lildbehr 5,45 - 89/20 - About me? Hmm, well it's my first time competing in a PTC, but I've been in some other competitions including DTS13 and AVC14. In DTS13 I won while in AVC14 I placed third.

Darth Sarek 9,90 - 89/10 - Much like DelcrosB we once again see Darth Sarek entering a competition. This guy last entered AVC14 with his scenario "A Reunion to Remember" which had a great map design. Has he improved his designing skills even further? We'll surely see.

Jan dc 4,0 - 3/1 - Know as Den cekke or 1302 this guy has a great record as a map maker. With his real world maps he has shown this community what he's really capable of. He surely will have something interesting in store for us.

Zetnus 6,70 - 57/10 - This is surely one of the most experienced random map scripters this year. With more submissions to the blacksmith than most he is sure to make something pretty. He might in the end produce a pretty random map.

HELLKNIGHT61 8,95 - 159/20 - This guy has made some interesting things in the past and also participated in AVC14. That time with his scenario "The Nightmare!!!" Will we see something even better this time?

Arnas 3,85 - 57/20 - With a great record of entries we have Arnas or previously know as "Kakashimoto". He has over the years participated in PTC13 and ACSC12 where he did good. Unsure if he will enter, will he yet submit something awesome this time? Only time will tell...

Supersasquatch 25,0 - 24/1 - A real Age of Empires enthusiast, that prompted for the prolonged survival of the game back in 2011. I haven't seen any of his scenarios, but in due time we all might.

Exilee 20,0 - 19/1 - Another unknown entrant but he seems pretty inconfident. Even calling himself a newb. Is this a scenario making genius or a another opportunist, we will most possibly find out soon enough.

bumis 15,0 - 14/1
- This guy knows his ways around triggers and has produced two pieces of work here at AoKH. He has some heavy competition already but seem to be really confident. Can he score high enough and will he make it in time?

The odds are set over time as people tell me what they think.
A low number in decimal odds is better than high numbers.
I will try to weigh in previous works by more experienced designers, even though scores on AoKH are often misguiding.

Start speculating!

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
(The above poster is right, did you know that?)
Proud associate of Monsoon Studios

[This message has been edited by Lildbehr (edited 07-15-2015 @ 12:44 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-23-15 09:43 AM CT (US)     36 / 97  
I'm say 90% done the map, but then I need to add 50 or so triggers and some sort of soundtrack.

Normally I would say this is tight, but I really want to stick it to Julius so I'll probably find the time.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 06-23-15 10:01 AM CT (US)     37 / 97  
There is now a 2-week extension to the deadline, so this may shake up the odds a bit! (and hopefully allow for more entries)

The new deadline is July 14, 11:59PM EST.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 06-23-15 10:32 AM CT (US)     38 / 97  
I'm say 90% done the map, but then I need to add 50 or so triggers and some sort of soundtrack.
So a sitting of 4-6 hours left?

posted 06-23-15 10:51 AM CT (US)     39 / 97  
Maybe 10-12 hrs. I went into a stupid amount of detail and now if I don't finish the last few areas the same way they will look out of place.

I plan to put two hours or so into it tonight, so we will see where that gets me.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 06-23-15 11:13 AM CT (US)     40 / 97  
In light of the deadline extension:

Odds of Julius getting a last-minute entry in on time: 4-1 against

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 06-23-15 11:27 AM CT (US)     41 / 97  
I never bet who will win, so I bet that Matt will take a top 3.

posted 06-23-15 12:35 PM CT (US)     42 / 97  
Odds of Julius getting a last-minute entry in on time: 4-1 against.
We have 5.0 (4-1) from HockeySam! I personally think he won't submit anything at all... so 100.0 (99-1)

[This message has been edited by Lildbehr (edited 06-23-2015 @ 12:36 PM).]

posted 06-23-15 02:50 PM CT (US)     43 / 97  
Map is 80% done (need to add people and might tweek some stuff here and there). I also need to add some triggers, etc.
Dont Think my entry will be much better than my tavania scenario, detail wise..

[This message has been edited by Knaber (edited 06-23-2015 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 06-23-15 05:26 PM CT (US)     44 / 97  
Odds of Matt getting an entry in on time: 3-1 for

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 06-24-15 06:27 PM CT (US)     45 / 97  
I have spent over 150 hours in witcher 3, and beat it twice, so I can safely say that I've sated myself.

(I also played through tomb raider 2013 again, but that's neither here nor there)

Odds on CK getting a finished entry in: 5-1 for
Odds on CK finishing it the night before: 5-1 for

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 06-25-15 05:28 AM CT (US)     46 / 97  
83%, that's good. I'll fix your odds.

EDIT: Also, from now on, the odds will only tell the chance of people submitting an entry. After the deadline other odds will be posted.

[This message has been edited by Lildbehr (edited 06-25-2015 @ 06:49 AM).]

posted 07-01-15 05:53 AM CT (US)     47 / 97  
Muhammed Mirza seems to be on schedule. His odds for finishing in time now goes up.

posted 07-01-15 06:43 AM CT (US)     48 / 97  
Bwahahaha. Unknown. Excellent.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 07-01-15 10:52 AM CT (US)     49 / 97  
Jernside dropped out the other day, btw, due to work schedule issues - he made a post in the main thread saying as much.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 07-02-15 01:41 AM CT (US)     50 / 97  
I'm about 95% done with my entry. Just a few triggers left.

posted 07-02-15 06:29 AM CT (US)     51 / 97  
I made a lot of progress but then the game crashed...
posted 07-05-15 07:48 AM CT (US)     52 / 97  
So all work is gone?

posted 07-05-15 07:50 AM CT (US)     53 / 97  
No just an hours work. I redid it and the map is now almost done. Just got triggers left.
posted 07-06-15 02:53 PM CT (US)     54 / 97  
I'll still be submitting an entry but I fear I won't have as much time to polish as I wanted.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 07-08-15 09:29 AM CT (US)     55 / 97  
posted 07-12-15 08:40 AM CT (US)     56 / 97  
MrMew has submitted his entry. Come on everybody get your entries in!

posted 07-13-15 02:43 PM CT (US)     57 / 97  
Knaber has also submitted his entry! Yay!

posted 07-13-15 03:25 PM CT (US)     58 / 97  
my entry is in.

sadly, I was restricted by the HD edition's ridiculous pathfinding. basically, it crashed as soon as I tried to task units to bring the town to life.

posted 07-13-15 03:36 PM CT (US)     59 / 97  
That's not speculation! Tell us how jaw-droppingly awesome your entry is and how no one else has a prayer.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 07-13-15 04:19 PM CT (US)     60 / 97  
IT HAS SO MANY EYE CANDY UNITS YOU LITERALLY CAN'T PLAY IT BECAUSE THE PATHFINDING IS SO ABHORRENT!

posted 07-13-15 05:15 PM CT (US)     61 / 97  
Got a little happy with off grid placement did you?

And all you had to do was listen to the wise sage, Hockeysam.

posted 07-13-15 05:55 PM CT (US)     62 / 97  
The portents told me that the poor pathfinding of HD is legend. I just relayed the message from the powers greater than I

In all seriousness, I'm sure it'll be okay. Several entries in the past have proved that you don't need a high-volume, bustling town to attain a good score

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 07-14-15 03:10 AM CT (US)     63 / 97  
I uploaded my submission for this contest...

Tracking number: 12484
posted 07-14-15 09:48 AM CT (US)     64 / 97  
Eight contestants have uploaded their entries, that's pretty good for any competition here at AoKH.

[This message has been edited by Lildbehr (edited 07-14-2015 @ 09:48 AM).]

posted 07-15-15 08:39 AM CT (US)     65 / 97  
Okay so 12 entries. Time to bet on winners.

posted 07-15-15 09:43 AM CT (US)     66 / 97  
My vote is on Matt, because normally he makes good maps that are rushed or half finished. He submitted his entry considerable early (by more than two days) so I think he wasn't rushed and had time for polish.

As for me? I dunno.

posted 07-15-15 12:16 PM CT (US)     67 / 97  
Now when the deadline has passed I'm thrilled to hear everyone's opinion. Who will place first, second and third.

My bets are now this:

1st: Matt (Everybody keep saying he will win, so that must mean something.)

2nd: CK (I've seen some really great good PTC designs from 2011 and 2013.)

3rd: Arnas (I heard it's something new and original. He's my wildcard.)

The rest of you, (and me) will just have to see how it goes.

posted 07-15-15 12:35 PM CT (US)     68 / 97  
I've seen some really great good PTC designs from 2011 and 2013.
honest to go my first ptc was decent and my second was good, but this one (by my standards) is miles better than either.

as for matt, He did old man and the sea. he's got a legacy of completing one amazing project and then failing on everything else he's announced, which to me means that if got an entry in early, he has something special.

I've seen arnas's, and while I do think it's different, I'm not sure where it's going to fall because I expect good stuff from Jan.

posted 07-15-15 12:46 PM CT (US)     69 / 97  
he's got a legacy of completing one amazing project and then failing on everything else he's announced
Ouch.

It was more I couldn't look at it anymore than that it was perfect, to be perfectly honest. And Sam tells me your entry looks excellent, plus you used Forgotten. I expect you to be the biggest competition.

Amusingly, SWS has had a deathgrip on this contest for some time. And I am the only SWS entrant.

posted 07-15-15 01:03 PM CT (US)     70 / 97  
technically I am Black Forest. not that I really do anything with them.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Who wins PTC15? Start speculating!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames