Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Colosseum Cinematic Posted
posted 29 June 2004 10:16 PM EDT (US)   
Okay you guys my little cinematic for the contest is finally posted on the Heaven Campaign DL section. To find it click HERE.

See the Preview thread here for screenies:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,19262,,all

Please DL and watch! There is something that may need changing but I want to see if you guys notice/complain about it. Hope you like...

[This message has been edited by tbarak (edited 06-30-2004 @ 09:34 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 June 2004 11:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
hey mr. tbarak! i didnt know you were on the dov clan...

anyways, when this gets in heavengames DL section, i'll be happy to review it

btw, why dont you join Ambition Designs?

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 06-29-2004 @ 11:24 PM).]

posted 30 June 2004 02:46 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
this cinematic campaign is great, I like above all the "mix" of the sound track and the "dance" of the camels and of the chariots arciers. Also the colosseum is good, I never think to recreate it with a wonder for the external part and with a system of elevations for the inner part in another area of the map.
Another thing, I don't know if this is a little bug or something else but at the end of the second scenario when the writing "the end" appears I see also an elephant at the bottom of the screen.
In any case is a very well done work.

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
Proud member of no ****ing clan
_
_|_|_
|_|_|_|
|_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
Scenario Editor Screens
posted 30 June 2004 03:23 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Well, I suppose that Elephant thing isn't a bug but rather a kind of easter-egg And it's nicely done after all.

This cinematic is truly awesome, you did a VERY good job on it. I know how much work such a cinematic is - even old "Eskilderia" took me almost two weeks, so I think you did an awesome job on making everything work. Especially the "camel dance" must have been tons of triggers, no ?

Oh, and as others are bringing up design teams - MWD is currently discussing about internationalizing the team (i.e. open it for non-german members), and if we decide to do so, you'd be one of the first guys we'd ask to join Quite a great talent on cinematics and triggering, IMO.

.: Fire Giant :.

» AoMN.de staff member
» Member of the Mythological World Designers, the first German AoM Design Team.
» Member of the project 0 A.D. at Wildfire Games.

posted 30 June 2004 09:49 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
This proves again that the best part of this whole process is sharing the file and hearing people's reactions.

Auron it's ready for you to DL (see link in original, edited thread) and thank you very much for the offer regarding AD. Yes, please review it and you know I really appreciate that. And I ain't even nervous this time! See my notes below regarding design teams.

Thanks Oscar. Hearing those kinds words from a designer of your calibre is very satisfying.

Thank you too Fire Giant. "Easer Eggs", hehehe, a nice way to describe those. They just started appearing lately for some reason but I will try to fix it by the time of the contest. Yes, creating the triggers for the formation riding stuff was a lot of very boring work but once I got the system down it went fairly fast. I always wanted to so some kind of formation work in the editor and this project was ideal for it.

I am interested in design teams very much and will be looking at the web sites in the following week or two. I still have a lot to learn about the editor and feel that the people in the design teams are so much better than I am. Hopefully I will be working with a modder or two on my current project and I can get to know people a bit better. Once I feel at ease I will make an application to join.

[This message has been edited by tbarak (edited 06-30-2004 @ 09:53 AM).]

posted 30 June 2004 01:37 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
well, n worries tabarak, you will probably get a 4.5+ review from me. the cinematic is totally awesome. Its the best cinematic i have ever seen since i bought AoM, really!. man, congratulations!.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 30 June 2004 08:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
LOL Auron...thanks for the encouragement. Glad you enjoyed my project. I'll probably be talking to you soon about another project I'm working on.
posted 30 June 2004 08:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Sounds great!!! The url to the Ambition Designs homepage is oddworldjunkie.com/ambition

Why vote
for a
JOhnKErry

BUSH |*=|
Cheney'04

posted 30 June 2004 10:09 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
Awsome Cinematic you made there! What suprise me was your ways of using cinematic like this. It is absolute brillient. Possibility the best I ever seen since aom like Auron.

I just loved the cavalry dancing show! It a genious lol.

Can't wait to see the scen. I hope to see ya around in Ambition Design's forums.

"We are as happy as our minds make up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Proud member of Ambition Designs
posted 01 July 2004 07:21 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
hmmm...alot of good points being made ere.

Ill have to check htis out

(¯`-.:=LJC=:.-´¯)
|Member of|Ambition Designs| & |TOAO Clan|
|Download|The Greek Dream|
|Check|F.A.Q|
posted 01 July 2004 12:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
Yes LJC, please do. Man, it passed the AOM Player test!!! I thought for sure I was gonna get the old charm there. I hope Spitefire, Vandhaal, Oddy, Cheezy and other look too. Rock on you guys!!

[This message has been edited by tbarak (edited 07-01-2004 @ 12:48 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Colosseum Cinematic Posted
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames