Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Immortalizing Cinematics to YouTube
posted 28 May 2015 12:58 PM EDT (US)   
It's been a long time, but I still come back to AOM's design community simply because the creativity here was and has been so vibrant.

One thought that came to mind - and I'm not sure if it's been done before - is whether it might be an interesting project to go through all the cinematics that people have built over time and record+upload them to youtube as an AOMH channel. There are so many great works here that I think it would be a shame to have them burried over time as AOM itself continues to fade.
Replies:
posted 28 May 2015 01:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
It probably varies from cinematic to cinematic, and the creator will probably want to be asked for permission. I know my cinematics aren't very exciting or very long, i use them to set the stage for story, which I think is best explored through dialogue and gameplay, but I know some people put ALOT of love into their cinematics.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 28 May 2015 02:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
pftq! I can't believe you're still around! I've probably seen every single one of your works, incredible stuff. Mythic Cops was one of the best cinematics I've seen, and Tifflrol's Journey was a pure work of art. My applause to you for giving this community a piece of you they will never forget. Very inspiring.

posted 29 May 2015 07:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
It isn't an area I have done much with except to make the giving of instructions slightly more exciting. Generally focused more on special effects. If you did somehow find a cinematic of interest then feel free to use it.
posted 29 May 2015 11:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
Dont know if we've done an AoMH youtube in the past, certainly is a good idea.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 30 May 2015 10:12 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
Thanks - I still check in once in a blue moon. The editing capabilities for the game was pure gold imo and is one of the reasons (besides just having a great community of course) why things here are still so vibrant.

Would be good for a mod to spearhead this I think. A lot of designers have moved on, but I'm assuming mods can have some way to email/contact them for the permission aspect :P Or we can do a volunteer/outreach approach. I still have contacts with quite a few designers and can gradually reach out, and I'm sure everyone else does as well.

Yeah, if people don't want their stuff on youtube, I would respect that. The reason this came up for me was just I was trying to show someone Oscar's Lost Legion cinematic over conversation but then realized I had to reinstall the game, the expansion, find the scenario, beat it, etc. And that's just one example - there are so many amazing cinematics I remember from all the years here.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 05-30-2015 @ 10:13 AM).]

posted 30 May 2015 06:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
A mod could also newsie the stuff for epic front page goodiness.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
posted 30 May 2015 06:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
totally neglected to share my opinion on the matter.

I think it's a great idea, although it would be time consuming, and some of the vids would be extremely large.

posted 01 June 2015 06:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
It's cool with me, not that I have any that are terribly worth posting on Youtube. Most of my better cinematics never made it to DC because I never finished them. :s

Sounds like a good idea though. It'd be a good way to learn some tricks too. I know HTTO had some neat effects in some of his works that gave me some cool ideas. Not that I ever used them.
posted 07 June 2015 04:36 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
Mythic Cops 2 pls?

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
posted 02 July 2015 11:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
I think it's a great idea, although it would be time consuming, and some of the vids would be extremely large.
Come now, we live in the age of YouTube and Facebook - no more worrying about filesize lol

I've been pretty busy myself but if no one else wants to take this up, I'll probably start digging around for my AOM discs and start video-capturing a bunch of cinematics.

How should the YouTube channel be set up though? I'm not sure if there is a way to do group management of a channel.
posted 05 July 2015 08:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
Group management would work if there was a shared password between trusted individuals.
Recording all the cinematics may be the hard part, my laptop probably can't handle it .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 23 July 2015 08:29 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
More than happy to work with anyone with the ability to record by setting up/managing an AoMH youtube channel.

posted 24 July 2015 12:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
Speaking of "inmortalizing Cinematics to youtube" watch the the movie i've just uploaded in my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW5tjmFxojE

It is about the first labour of Hercules. I have done already the others labours and just waiting for the video editing procces.

i've also make cinematic battles with the game Medieval 2 Total war.
posted 27 July 2015 06:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
Sometimes feels like stepping back into the mid-2000s here with the sharing of passwords and whatnot lol

I went ahead and set up a youtube channel. Can have multiple owners, so just let me know if anyone else wants to help upload/manage. I'll start by uploading some older videos I have in my archives like Oscar's stuff. Hard part will be reaching out to these guys and getting their permission. What are the thoughts on that? By them having uploaded to AOMH already, do we have their permission to share the cinematics? (all credits given of course)
posted 27 July 2015 06:30 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
I've tried contacting for example Oscar myself using numerous methods. If some people just aren't around anymore, you're fine, as long as you give them credit.

posted 29 July 2015 05:29 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
More than happy to work with anyone with the ability to record by setting up/managing an AoMH youtube channel.
Is that still happening? I was thinking about recording a tutorial video one day.
posted 29 July 2015 07:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
I set up a channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1Vlj5qHoKtu4ypjRO8VYg

I still need to find my AOM discs to load up the cinematics/scenarios I've downloaded, so the channel only has a few videos I was able to find recordings already existing for.

If anyone else wants to help upload or manage the channel, email me your gmail account (pftq@pftq.com) and I'll add you as manager to the youtube channel.
posted 30 July 2015 12:01 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
I've just uploaded a new video in my channel watch it and tell me what you think of my work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=appBOVZrApA

Saludos desde Guatemala
posted 01 August 2015 03:04 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
Impressive NemeanLion! I think your cinematic is very well put together. I myself am working on a Christmas cinematic. I'd love for you to check it out when I post it to YouTube this winter (estoy diseņando en el editor hace varios aņos).
posted 08 August 2015 01:52 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
Finally got my CD back. Recorded 4 more cinematics and uploaded them to the channel so far:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1Vlj5qHoKtu4ypjRO8VYg/videos

Some of the really nice ones are part of scenarios/campaigns though that have to be played through. Going to have to find some time for that.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Immortalizing Cinematics to YouTube
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames