You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28 29 ··· 36  Next Page »
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)   

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

Replies:
posted 14 October 2018 07:31 AM EDT (US)     651 / 891  
Reverse of this I guess?

http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/advanced/Ships

Also have a look at my recent battle Royale Map as the water created I allowed units to walk in it.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 10-14-2018 @ 07:32 AM).]

posted 17 October 2018 08:27 AM EDT (US)     652 / 891  
Is there a way to purposely set animations for units that involve bored, flail, walk, build, etc.?

"Blunt do I make my enemy's blade, nor bites his sword or staff"
- The Poetic Edda
posted 17 October 2018 10:48 AM EDT (US)     653 / 891  
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,29397,0,all

For attacking you can also do things like have the unit attack the "invisible target" unit, or for building have them repair shrunken units. the set animation effect helps you loop this stuff. (it just needs a reason to happen first)

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 10-17-2018 @ 08:29 PM).]

posted 18 October 2018 09:16 PM EDT (US)     654 / 891  
Thanks.

"Blunt do I make my enemy's blade, nor bites his sword or staff"
- The Poetic Edda
posted 25 October 2018 07:26 AM EDT (US)     655 / 891  
@Nickonhawk
I can't find for trigger 3 "Unit position to QV vector..."
I can't find anything like that..I'm so stupid for elevate...
I have nottuds editor..but...I can't do it..

Anyone any help?
Elevate objects ? f.ex: fortress on the top of another fortress
I have no clue about the vectors..or etc..is is any video or guide in here/yt ?

[This message has been edited by Petitomi (edited 10-25-2018 @ 07:37 AM).]

posted 30 October 2018 08:19 AM EDT (US)     656 / 891  
I thought I wrote a tool in the editor to raise and lower select unit. Use that to elevate a unit that works such as implode sphere or armor glow and then when the map starts use the transform trigger to change them to the unit you want it to be.
posted 30 October 2018 12:57 PM EDT (US)     657 / 891  
quick question on that, cant seem to remember, if the unit starts moving does it go back down to normal height?

And did you ever figure out what in the code of the unit determines whether or not it can change its height?

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 10-30-2018 @ 01:01 PM).]

posted 31 October 2018 08:21 AM EDT (US)     658 / 891  
There was a flag in the protox that determines it but I can't remember what the flag was - best look at a unit like implode sphere to find it.
posted 15 January 2019 01:59 PM EDT (US)     659 / 891  
So I've been trying to invoke multiple plenty vaults via by granting player 0 the plenty power and having player 0 invoke good power in the same trigger, but I can only ever get one invocation to work, even if I have multiple triggers to grant and invoke the god power. I can't figure out why it isn't working.

My question is how do I get Gaia to invoke multiple plenty vaults at the start of the scenario. Oh, this is for a multiplayer scenario.
posted 15 January 2019 02:59 PM EDT (US)     660 / 891  
Player 0 can invoke any god power freely without granting it. Usually if the cast fails it is because player 0 has no LOS or there is something in the way. For LOS use a revealer to player.
posted 19 January 2019 01:07 PM EDT (US)     661 / 891  
thanks Nottud, that did it. Now, another question:
Is there any way to make a normal unit (non-hero) immune to instadeath attacks, like the Medusa or Argus specials? Or is there a way to make a non-hero unit count as a hero unit without modding?
posted 19 January 2019 03:14 PM EDT (US)     662 / 891  
No, the vulnerabilities towards special attacks are unittypes in the protox which cannot be accessed without modding.

What you can do is disable special effects for units with some triggering so that they never use them.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
posted 23 January 2019 09:36 PM EDT (US)     663 / 891  
So I just started working on a Multiplayer scenario, but upon testing with two friends, all the non-player civs were enemies despite the diplomacy setting, plus they were all random. Is there any way to hid the CPU players in the start up screen and keep them how they should be diplomacy wise? This is on EE with TotD installed.
posted 24 January 2019 11:48 AM EDT (US)     664 / 891  
I use a "Active Run Immediately High Priority - Condition: Always" trigger to set diplomacy with diplomacy effects. There should be effects like "Diplomacy" or better even "Diplomacy both ways" (might be a custom installed one) on which you can chose: Player, Other Player, Diplomacy Setting (Ally/Neutral/Hostile).

Be wary that if you have "Diplomacy" only and not "Diplomacy both ways", setting P1 and P2 to ally means that P1 is allied towards P2, but P2 still hostile towards P1.

Using diplomacy triggers means that the players don't have to worry about setting teams when the game starts, they can be teamed as they like and it will just be overwritten by the scenario.

I put it in a "Run Immediately" trigger for some units which start close to each other but belong to different players. "Run Immediately" means the trigger will executed when the map loaded but before it plays (or sth like that). This way they don't have a chance to turn around towards each other at the start of the game and keep their intended rotation.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

posted 24 January 2019 01:29 PM EDT (US)     665 / 891  
Thank you very much! I'm surprised I hadn't thought of that. Additionally, however, is there any easy way to ensure that the non-player civilizations start as the proper gods so I don't have to specifically set them manually before we start?
posted 24 January 2019 03:55 PM EDT (US)     666 / 891  
Yes but only for Player 0. Every other player in a multiplayer game can change the god around randomly. And people without knowledge on how it's supposed to be might set it up wrong. This is why I put everyone neutral towards P0, and P0 neutral or allied to everyone else (allied to players so P0 healers can work). And then I only use P0 objects for eyecandy, since all the other gods might be switched around randomly.

There are two ways to change the major god for P0 about this:

Before you start the scenario:
- Go into the RM2-Folder and copy alfheim.xs and .xml, rename both to the same file name but keep their different file types.
- In the yourname.xs there is some line about GaiaCiv being "Zeus" (which is why we picked Alfheim). Change it to any god you want.
- In the scenario editor when you create a new map, create a "yourname.xs" map. Change size and content as you like, but the player 0 or gaia player major god will remain as specified.

Changing on a scenario you're already working on:
- On heaven there is some Mother Nature Editor: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8906
- Make a savecopy of your scenario in case the editor breaks it.
- Use the editor to change information about Mother Nature.

One interesting thing is if you do both, you can have some sort of mixup. In my "Phoenixborn" scenario I used the RMS-Method to make it Loki, and the Editor to make it Set. (Or the other way around, dunno)
The result was that everything was Norse but the Major God Statue was Set. So you could have norse temples with Set statues.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 01-24-2019 @ 03:58 PM).]

posted 27 January 2019 04:22 PM EDT (US)     667 / 891  
As Izalith says best do multiplayer eyecandy with player 0 as mentioned as other players can switch freely the gods. If the map is obviously support to be played with certain gods (e.g. there is a map called "Norse Wars") then you obviously need to play as Norse and therefore can guarantee norse gods.
posted 03 February 2019 06:45 PM EDT (US)     668 / 891  
I er... uh... have a question guys.
Long, long ago I made a series of scenarios, 'The Castle' and several sequels. And then I learned how to make a campaign, and stuck them all together. There was supposed to be a bonus scenario at the end of the campaign, but I never finished playtesting all the way through them because it took forever, and then... well... life.

Now, I want to put that campaign in it's proper place in my game so's I can play it, playtest it, and hopefully submit it. Because I never submitted it.

But I can't find the stupid thing.

What kind of file am I looking for? I know you guys won't know where or what it's called, but maybe you can tell me if I'm looking for a .scx or a whatever, because I don't remember.
posted 03 February 2019 08:35 PM EDT (US)     669 / 891  
.cpn/cpx in the data folder

posted 03 February 2019 09:39 PM EDT (US)     670 / 891  
Thanks!

...but I'm still not finding it...
I looked at the files for the regular campaign, and I'm wondering just how much of that I need to make my own campaign file.
Since I can't find it, I'll consider remaking it.

Edit again;
My old inspiron fired up for me, and after starting AoMX on it, i found that the campaign for the Castles is there. But I can't find the file where you said it was.

Edit yet again
Found all the data, will make new. Thanks!

Ugh my gahhhd.
How do I add scenarios to EE?

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 02-04-2019 @ 10:27 PM).]

posted 05 February 2019 07:18 PM EDT (US)     671 / 891  
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology\scenario

posted 05 February 2019 08:58 PM EDT (US)     672 / 891  
There is no Age of Mythology in my Steam folder.
*whine*
Why does this have to be so hard?

But I finally got it to play in AoMTT. Now I just need a month to play test the SOB. Make sure that each mission fires.

Ugh.

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 02-05-2019 @ 09:22 PM).]

posted 06 February 2019 02:24 PM EDT (US)     673 / 891  
How do you make a key-event condition like "Player 2 pressed E" ?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

posted 15 February 2019 08:13 PM EDT (US)     674 / 891  
Hey all !
Maybe I asked that before, but...
Where can a I find a guide to AOM:TT to make New units (and remake existing units)
AND
change the flags/sigils for my own symbols ? (Wolf,Lion,Dragon, etc...)
It is possible to make a Wolf sigil to a greek player1 and a lion sigil to a greek player 2 ??
I hope you understand, what I want to do with the sigils..
posted 15 February 2019 10:53 PM EDT (US)     675 / 891  
I'm not sure what you mean with Sigils, like symbols on the shields? If you refer to visual differences for players, it is possible to make various visuals which are used for various players. For this you'd have to make a "technology" (techtreex entry) for every visual theme. Then e.g. a VC script or triggers could apply the technologies to the appropriate players. The animation file of "Flag" or "Shield" would have to refer to the appropriate technologies.

On the tutorials I can tell you that there are some around, but what you want to do is not Scenario Design. It is modding and in the Modding Section I found this collection of tools and tutorials: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,21161,,30

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25 26 27 28 29 ··· 36  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames