You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09TRound1 Game2 Rocky (MrLifford-Naeco)
posted 08-23-09 07:52 PM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #2
Map: Rocky Divide

------------------------------------------------------------
Lord Ember MrLifford88, davelifford at hotmail.com
Lord Drake Naeco, nguyen.huyhai at gmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 08-24-09 02:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Lord Ember - Turn 1

Gained a quest to take on some more infidels!
posted 08-24-09 04:26 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
Lord Drake, Day 1

We are off to a good start. After some scouting and counsel with the heads of draco military advisor. General BaneFlamewing was sent to an important mission. His followers have to stay behind this time as the risk of being exposed is high. The farewell feast was fun. We had a nice outdoor grillage with boar-be-q and nice halfling ales.

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 08-25-09 03:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
Lord Drake, day 3

BaneFlamewing's lightning speed got us a new troop in a ice cold abandoned island. His followers cleaned up nicely the nearby farms. Tomorrow, people will be sent there to plant some nice little plans. Plans for nourriture, plans for development, plans for expansion. Yes, plans will grow from this nice litle windmills. Soon, the big wind will grow into storm and clean up this valley from devious intentions.

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 08-26-09 02:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
Lord Drake, day 6

Half of the valley is in our possession. We are strong and confident. Now it's the time not to let complacency blend in.

ts

posted 08-26-09 11:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
Lord Drake, day 7

A Zephir bird is on the verge of being killed. Its days are numbered.

Underground, things cannot go better.

ts

edit: Restart message explained in News Thread

[This message has been edited by naecO (edited 08-27-2009 @ 00:13 AM).]

posted 08-28-09 12:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
Lord Drake day 8

The fairies did well the job for us as expected. Now we're focusing on something more interesting, GOLD !

ts

posted 08-31-09 04:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
Lord Drake, the.. next day

The rewards for our quest were nice until I realized that my alignment does not allow them within our rank. Some were sent to the Elders for some morale lesson, the rest stay home under my watch.

A key battle awaits us tomorrow.

ts

posted 08-31-09 01:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
Lord Drake, day 10

The battle was won with minimal loss. Now we have to deal with a bigger problem, financial crisis!! With an income lower than 100 per day , we practically cannot produce anything good.

Maybe our neighbor has something to spare

ts

posted 08-31-09 08:06 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
Lord Drake, day 11

The whity birdy watch us everywhere. So shameful that the Drake line does not have any to match.

No! Watch out!!! Here come the flying beast.

This decision raised some controversies. People started asking since when I have the luxury to use such expensive beast as scout. But should they not know that since the financial crisis, I had to cut down employment and thus people have to do more than just their own job??? Hmm...

ts

posted 09-01-09 02:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
Lord Drake, day 12

No more sight of whitey birdies. They must be scared of Drake's new line of fliers. Flying beast spotted a wounded hero insight. He might be good target for Drake beast.

These creatures should put themselves into use and they should do that quick. I have to sell a lot of my assets to feed them and pay them. If no good results come in the next following days, I might have to fire a good amount of 'em

posted 09-03-09 01:56 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
Drake day 13,

So the bird was not far after all. The warg rider had to shoot it down. Meanwhile, on the surface our flying beast had a chance to grasp the syron private and had a little fun with him.

Our force is being scrattered everywhere because of the bird. Need to regroup soon!

ts

posted 09-03-09 03:34 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
Drake, day 14

Took a huge step back on the surface. The plan is now delayed unexpectedly.

ts

posted 09-04-09 00:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
Drake, day 15

Failed objective of the day!

Troops regrouped and in preparation for another landing.

ts

posted 09-04-09 05:43 AM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
Drake,

Making some more income and killing some annoying bird..

ts

posted 09-05-09 03:22 AM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
Drake day 18,

Safely landed on the human settlement. It's time for the assault everywhere, me think.

ts

posted 09-07-09 02:01 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
Drake, day 21

Victory! Victory! Victory !

Thanks a lot for the game MrLifford88 !

posted 09-07-09 06:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
TNS reporting live from the scene where the forces of Drake, led by Naeco, conquered MrLifford.

Not much can be seen as the smoke is still clearing.

Naeco, congratulations with your victory! Surprisingly little can be deduced from the descriptions. What has been taking place on these grounds?! It sounds like you've only been battling birds, but that can't be case!?

MrLifford, what was your impression of the game?

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 09-07-2009 @ 06:25 PM).]

posted 09-08-09 03:27 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
Indeed, much of my work against Mr Ember was hunting down his annoying birdies, but the major success of the campaign came down to General Flamewing's efforts. Started from day 1, he alone flew over the moutain, killing all those firing hounds with his speedy blade, single-handedly took over the dark elven town near the teleporter by day 2. On day 3, he arrived at the refugee camp, not much of a camp, a ruin to be exact. The frostlings were thrilled to get his help. Rapidly they crossed the river to the west. Here we meet some fellas goblin, the village was quickly conquered, the next day they've already dispatched for the northern shore underground.

On the surface, in the same amount of time, some personal guards of the city accompanied by me conquer the surrounding area, doing some quests. A Hydra came on day 3 was sent up north alone to take over the 2nd dark elven settlement, and the recruitment site across the river (Thanks to Regeneration). On day 5, Pitface offered to join and he took over my job in the southern area of the surface. Magic vault, furnaces, Chaos Node, Magic Catalyst were grabbed along his way to the west side of the valley.

However, most of the actions were taken place underground. With a shadow demon town captured down there with skimmers available to build, a mass of fliers were made here to provide good night vision. Two important recruitment sites underground also provided me lots of units. I had to sell almost all the structures on the surface to finance the recruiting department (MasterGuild, Siege Workshop, Wooden Wall were all sold). By day 15, I have 3 stacks full of lv3 and skimmers down there led by FlameWing and a new frostling hero. Fortunately for me, the Incarnates in this game acted sanely, they found good host and did not leave it in AI combat. The only disappointment was that they could not capture the wood wyrm.

Day 19, I captured MrEmber's wizard tower underground with acceptable loss (2 fliers). And that was the biggest battle. On the surface, the manticores gave no place to the Z-birds to cross the valley. Pitface strengthened his outfit each day with Trap ability. The victory was set to Lord Drake before I had a chance to meet MrEmber's strongest general PenDragon.

I made three fatal mistakes in this game. The first one was the loss of 2 Hydras in a rush to finish the magic quest by exploring the ChaosNode. The 4 area guards Penguins next to it unexpectedly joined the battle. I had no choice but engage to combat rather than let the AI do the job when the Penguins attack during indies turn. Still 2 Hydra could not manage to kill 4 Penguins and a bunch of CHaos Spawns and Northern glows from Chaos Node. Battle lost and I failed the quest. The second mistake was less grave, I simply forgot that the path of frost would not work underground, which delayed my plan a day or two. The last mistake was the most fatal. I completely missed while studying the map that there was a big city with lv3 tower underground and it offers to build lv3. Had MrEmber managed to take over that city, the outcome of the game would have been very different. I only realized this mistake when the victory was set.

MrEmber seemed to have bad luck against indies which I managed to avoid. I skipped all the guard towers where shooters can do important damages (Walls and Shooters are my fear and pet peeve ). MrEmber's armies seemed to take all the hits from those shooters and the job for my troops was just finishing off what left of them.

[This message has been edited by naecO (edited 09-08-2009 @ 03:28 AM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09TRound1 Game2 Rocky (MrLifford-Naeco)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames