You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09Round3 Game57 LWW (Enginerd - Costa)
posted 11-07-09 10:50 AM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: quarter final
Game ID: #57
Map: The Lion, The Witch, and the Warfare

------------------------------------------------------------
The Lion Enginerd, mjschuck at fidnet com
The Witch Costa, malteols1 at yahoo com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 11-08-09 00:10 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
Lion day 1

Long has it been since we roamed these lands, it is good to return. Hrmph.... it seems our nemisis the Witch has also returned. Well... we'll get rid of her again, and hopefully for the last time. She will only bring utter destruction to the land.

We send out our armies, to gather in new recruits, to uncover the lost items of magic, to rid the landscape of the wandering beasts that have forgotten us. To arms! To arms! The Lion has returned! Kokor Hekkes will gain a level, the ranger by his side is performing well. Other troops could have done better but no losses that can't be quickly overcome. Hmmmm, some infidels.... must go chase them down.... if they weren't so far out of the way

Only got 3 or 4 screenshots, and even some video of the TC, oh... this is going to be fun! Not sure what will make it past the edit room...

Good Luck Costa!
posted 11-08-09 06:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
The Witch day 1

I feel that the Lion has something coming for us.
Lets secure this side as soon as possible, and see if we can bring the battle on him instead...

All troops did well today.A good start.
Finished a quest, but the reward was nothing special.

ts
posted 11-09-09 06:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
Lion day 2

Well, we are greatly rewarded for completing our quest (actually, nothing too great about it). The battles go as planned as we are victorious, cannon fodder was lost but they will be replaced. More area guards attack. All in all, it was a good day.
posted 11-10-09 11:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
The Witch day 2

Things are going as planned.
I took a small risk, but it went fine...
Makes me ahead of schedule, so tomorrow I will relax...

A setback is however that The Lion has sent a halfling to the island to reduce my sight. I was not able to reach the boat on my side either, so I expect it to join the Lions cause during the night.

ts
posted 11-10-09 06:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
The Lion day 3

As expected we sneak in and steal the refugee boat that was intended for the witch... then we scout out the lands a bit and try and hide. Very interesting to get a good look at our enemy so early on. We see that he has a formidable stack and is preparing to get another item, that will make him strong. We see he already has a nice shield, the witch must have sent that to him from the underground. We can only guess what the rest of his armies are up to but at least we know where he is... today! 32 Experience, no medals in the troops... yet. Nice to get a good look at them.

Wonder if he can find out scout

Elsewhere... things go according to plan.
posted 11-11-09 04:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
The Witch day 3

How rude. The Lion has put a scout behind my lines, and is speaking open about it... He even had a look at Maugrim and his troops. Find that scout!! Everyone!!!
Gone ??? Thats impossible...

Took out one of the Lions boats.
Found a nice helmet...

ts
posted 11-11-09 09:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
Lion day 4

Well... our scout has continued to remain hidden... but we fear he won't survive another night deep behind enemy lines, he performed his task well though. And the boat, well, we have another... and quite interesting to see the nordic glow has separated from the pack, wonder which way he'll go next?

As for their mighty hero, he'll show up again (that is if we still control the towers to spot him...)

Elsewhere... adventures continue and go as planned.
posted 11-12-09 04:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
The Witch day 4

Nordic glow takes control over the watchtowers on the island. Gives us a better view of the situation.

Things are going fine, but we have some wounds...

ts
posted 11-12-09 07:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
Lion day 5

Well... we lost our towers as expected, now we wonder what the nordic glow will do. For us... we continue our explorations and things are going well enough.

Methinks things are going to get interesting.... very interesting the next couple of turns.
posted 11-13-09 12:25 PM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
The Witch day 5

I am sending my troops across the river in the north.
The result is a big standoff. The Lion has some really good units nearby including a runemaster and Kokor Hekkes.
The next days will be thrilling...

Sunk a small transportboat and a flyer in the south.

ts

[This message has been edited by costa (edited 11-13-2009 @ 12:40 PM).]

posted 11-13-09 06:53 PM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
Lion day 6

Well.... there are 15 of them... and only a dozen of us.... both stacks are quite powerful.... we choose it best to not attack tonight as reinforcements aren't far behind and then we can push them back. Too bad. We had plans that just got thwarted

At least our gladerunner remains hidden and is searching out in his lands

Rats.... he's got a galley with his spy and nordic glow on the waters (and just about everything else he's got is up north ). Wonder what will happen with this standoff.
posted 11-13-09 08:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
The Witch day 6

The Lions troops withdraw, and hands me the Elven city so I can stay during the night. Who knows, maybe I will stick around for a while.

Had a new hero to join me, and luckily he stumbled upon that gladerunner. He is no longer with us...

Wonder how many troops the Lion can rally the next couple of days.

ts
posted 11-14-09 10:12 AM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
The Lion day 7

Hmmmmm now there are 16+ armies sitting in the elf town.... the spy and galley are down south, the nordic glow in the center by the teleporter (chasing down my scout)... darn, he got another lvl 1 hero to join him and found my scout, too bad

Well, we'll let the witch try and figure out how many troops we can muster, she'll get a much better look as the days continue to move on. Our mighty hero Kokes will lead us to victory as we push the infidels back into their lands. (or we'll get crushed in the process)
posted 11-14-09 04:08 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
The Witch day 7

I can see that the Lion is gathering his forces not far from the Elven town where I still keep my stronghold. Expect him to move closer tomorrow.

My spy report that the human town is still controlled by indies, but tomorrow it will fall to some of the Lions forces.

Elsewhere I am working on the income.

ts
posted 11-15-09 02:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
Lion day 8

Well.. well. well.. the witch still sits in the elf town, only 16 strong armies there now (but we're sure the balloon will be back full of troops in the morning ). It is quite a formidable army sitting there, most unfortunate.

Elsewhere... the spy is roaming around causing mischief, stealing gold meant for us, the nordic glow controls the towers so we can't see what's on the seas

Something has gotta give...
posted 11-15-09 04:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
The Witch day 8

A balloon full of troops was sent to the elf town making the total amount of units 24.

The Lion has also about 24 units within reach.

Wonder what will be the next move...

In the south I sent a spider to take an unguarded human town.

ts
posted 11-16-09 07:31 PM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
The Lion day 9

Well... we are pleased that a mole joined us today.... too bad our enemy will get a beetle seems our even numbers are just that.... even... in many ways. He has 24 troops securely settled in the elf town. He now has brought a spider (and possibly horsemen) through and over to our human town. Things are not going as planned... we must do something.... something drastic....

We have 24 troops positioned near the elf town as well.... but 24v24 is not what we had in mind We hold off, and let the stalemate continue... much as it annoys us to no end.... our reinforcements are a couple days out (as his are too) so we'll likely sit here for a couple days while we muster up some forces to push back that evil spider and other horsemen coming.... then we have to figure out what to do about that dreaded boat and nordic glow and spy.... yes.... things are quite interesting indeed.

Sorry guys... I had planned on attacking but just couldn't pull the trigger.... wasn't ready to end my tourney... not yet anyways... you must wait for the next big battle and video Don't worry, it'll be worth the wait.
posted 11-17-09 04:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
The Witch day 9

I was surprised that the human town was not taken back.

A big beetle joined, and we will try to make some use of it...

My best men are still sitting tight in the Elf town.

ts
posted 11-19-09 00:36 AM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
The Lion day 10

A glorious day... our extra armies have just barely arrived. They had to flee the southern lands to join us here up north by the elf town but they are eager to fight. We now have 30 armies... and they have 24... well... why don't you just watch it and see for yourselves!

Hope you enjoy it, I certainly enjoyed the game.
posted 11-19-09 00:58 AM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
Nice video. Pity that the game was decided by one big battle but it did seem like a truly fitting finale. Though, the Witch did have better armies

Good game, guys.

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 11-19-09 02:32 AM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
I cannot see the video while at work. So what happened here? Who did win the battle and why is it so desiding for the whole war?

Spell check failed - not enough mana
posted 11-19-09 02:55 AM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
Wow - that was also fast! day 10... congrats to Costa!
so it seems (according to my current gut-feeling ) that I voted both players of the 2nd semi-final wrong...

Again great video - I´m wondering how you manage to do them so fast?! probably if you´ve done it once it´s an easy thing to just change the text and pics ?!

indeed a pity that a game is decided in one big clash.

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
posted 11-19-09 03:06 AM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
The Witch day 10

The Lion decided to attack me in the elf town. The battle was big and bloody, but my men put up some impressive fighting...In the end I was the only one standing. My surviving troops was a stack of 8 units including two spider queens and two heroes, both filled up with items from the Lions heroes. I send everyone forward for the tower. The magic domain tells me that the Lion is still in his tower.

In the south I also advance for the tower with a hero and some horsemen, killing a healer and a Beholder on my way. Can't be much defenders by the Lions side, so the victory should be mine in the next day or 2...
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09Round3 Game57 LWW (Enginerd - Costa)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames