You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: PBEM NEWS - sign up/substitute/absentee notes/etc.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
posted 10-13-02 08:34 PM EDT (US)   
Greetings! This is the...Game Password Keepers
Play By EMail NEWS Page forEnginerd: mjschuck at fidnet dot com
[c]Age of Wonders (1)

Please do post your new pbem games, petition for substitute players, report when you will be absent from an ongoing game, or whatever else applies to PBEM gaming news. Please feel free to post suggestions about this thread too.

Please Note: New Service - Contact one of the players in the "Game Password Keepers" box to hold passwords for a game. That way, if one passworded player *disappears* on you, he can help you unlock the game so you can continue play. If you can help, please sign up by posting your email here!

Retrieving Passworded Games: If you find yourself in a game where one player has disappeared and has passworded his turn, contact each person on the list to see if they have the password. The contact should unlock the game but not give out the password. (Delete the password or put in a new one.) This guarantees that passwords remain confidential. (Some players use one password for all games.)

1. Please do not post messages stating you are looking for a game. Instead, post a link to a message about starting a game.

2. To avoid clutter, please avoid discussions on this thread. Instead, add a link to a thread with the discussion.

3. Note: ALL messages will eventually be deleted. Keep a copy if you will want the text of your post later.

Link to AoW2 PBEM NEWS

WHAT TO POST:

New games:
  1. PBEM game map name or game name.

2. A link to the game's turn log or signup thread. (To put a link to a thread in your post, just copy the url from your browser "address" line, create the new topic under "pbem news," and past the address line into the message).

3. A short (only a few lines) description of the game. Shorter is better.

4. Post a followup message when the game is filled.

Substitutes:
  1. Same information as for new games.

2. What race needs a substitute.

3. Post a followup message when the position is filled.

Absentee notice:
  1. Your name and possibly game name(s); race would be nice too.

2. Days absent.

Other:
  1. A short paragraph with other pertinent information (such as "game stared" or "position filled").

2. A link to another thread for discussion purposes. DO not discuss here! Please.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------
Current PBEM News:

----------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Enginerd (edited 12-18-2014 @ 07:10 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-06-07 04:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 407  
Wow! I guess this sticky isn't needed/used anymore. I'm unstickying it, so let me know if you want it back/think it needs to still be here (it has been many months now with no posts).
posted 07-06-07 04:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 407  
Sorry! Im sure Lord Naismith will post his last few PBEM games here *hint* *hint*

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 07-06-07 05:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 407  
Oh, welcome back among the living TalonThorn.
The Angels of the classic were and are missed in the lands of AoW.

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-
posted 07-07-07 00:18 AM EDT (US)     4 / 407  
Agreed! TalonThorn, if you stay, I can promise you will always have life slaves here at AoW1, as long as you stay! We need more of you famous angels here in the classic heaven!

Posting Games....I'll post them all in this post, unless you specify otherwise.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Road to Hell Co-op (Naismith, Eriksson)

Turn Log: here

Co-op game on Eriksson's awesome map Road to Hell. Naismith is Halflings, Eriksson is the Highmen.

A Small World Co-op (Lord Naismith, CrazySlyHawk)

Turn Log:here

Co-op game with a map from Nodj's archives. Started because CrazySlyHawk so persistantly and enthusiastically wanted me to play. (Many emails too. ;D) Lord Naismith is the Highmen. CrazySlyHawk the Dwarves.

Troubled Lands C0-0P

Pre-planning thread: here

Turn Log:here

My first massive C0-0P game I've ever organized. Don't know how well it's going to work, but hope I did a good job. Game is on the map Trouble Lands, from the Archives of Nodj, and it's against five AI's set on Emperor, with some extra difficulty for our star players. ;D

[This message has been edited by Lord Naismith (edited 07-07-2007 @ 00:19 AM).]

posted 07-07-07 06:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 407  
Troubled Lands Co-op

CrazySlyHawk subs themak3 for...1 turn

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 07-09-07 00:16 AM EDT (US)     6 / 407  
Ah! I'm still around, though I haven't played a game in a while. I just try to keep up on forum scripts questions.

It's been a while since I last had posts deleted (maintenance) from this thread, so I was thinking it was dead/no longer used. I'm willing to leave it as long as you find it useful. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually play a game one day soon.
posted 07-09-07 03:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 407  
*Cheers* Add another angel that'll be coming back to the original classic! Ooooh yeah! I'm telling you all, the classic games are always the best! Vive la Age of Wonders!!
posted 07-12-07 00:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 407  
I'll be away Thurs morning, returning Fri night late (the 13th). Must go play with kids at amusement park. I'll be having fun...
posted 07-13-07 08:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 407  
How was it? ^_^
posted 07-14-07 08:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 407  
Great fun... kids had a blast.... dad is exhausted... back now lots to catch up on today.
posted 07-14-07 08:54 AM EDT (US)     11 / 407  
*Throws down the gauntlet of challenge on Enginerd*

Thee are challenged, champion of the champions.
(note, this has been discussed previously)

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 07-14-2007 @ 08:55 AM).]

posted 07-14-07 01:33 PM EDT (US)     12 / 407  
(with eyes barely open after short nap)

Challenge... assuming this is a ladder challenge? Yes, I accept. Will discuss it in email later today.

(btw... official challenges to the ladder champ should be made in this thread WL - Game Registry located in the Competitions and Tourney section. It's been quite inactive lately but we'll get everyone retrained )
posted 07-20-07 04:56 PM EDT (US)     13 / 407  
I'll be away camping tonight (Fri to Sat) and won't get to turns until Sunday. Got a couple in my inbox right now but not sure I'll get them played as I'm leaving in an hour

Also, gone on business Mon-Thur next week (July 23 to 26). I'll have limited internet access so I may pop in now and again but I won't be able to play turns until I get back Thurs night.
posted 08-24-07 10:18 AM EDT (US)     14 / 407  
I will be on holiday from Friday 24th August 2007 until Saturday 1st September, I will be unable to play my turns during this period.
posted 09-22-07 10:47 PM EDT (US)     15 / 407  
I will be gone until Tues; I will try to play all any waiting turns then.
posted 09-25-07 04:18 PM EDT (US)     16 / 407  
Unknown unable to reach forums - he says to forgive his abscence

But he'll still be sending his Great War turns

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 10-09-07 09:13 PM EDT (US)     17 / 407  
Need a sub for Talic in the pbem tourney games. Anyone not in the tourney could pick up all 4 games, or the odd game here and there.

pbem tourney click the link and post there
posted 10-12-07 06:01 AM EDT (US)     18 / 407  
Hi, I would be interested in picking up Talic's turns in all four games, send them to ridgewayrambler@aol.com I will endeavour to keep the games moving.
posted 10-17-07 04:26 AM EDT (US)     19 / 407  
Can I ask that if anyone wants me to replay/resend turns etc, that they email me & not just post in the thread. I can't get to the forum every day, but check my email constantly.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 10-17-07 11:28 AM EDT (US)     20 / 407  
I am in a similar situation.

I check emails constantly but cant check forums everyday.

Please wait until weekend for my 7 or so turns :S

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 11-04-07 11:24 AM EDT (US)     21 / 407  
I am at the SfN annual meeting, which ends Wednesday. I may be able to play some turns sooner anyway, but I wouldn't count on it.
posted 11-04-07 02:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 407  
From Tuesday until Friday I'm away on a 'Working with Volunteers' training course, and so won't be able to do any turns. Will do whatever awaits me as soon as i get back.

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
Motto of the French Navy: "To the water, it is time!"
posted 11-11-07 02:52 PM EDT (US)     23 / 407  
Am again away for a goodly portion of this week, this time on 'The RSPB Experience', a familiarisation course for all new staff. Will play any turns received during this time as soon as possible, probably Friday.

Though on current form, I won't actually get any....

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
posted 11-18-07 04:08 PM EDT (US)     24 / 407  
Going out of town for Thanksgiving, probably unable to play turns from Tues night(20th) until Sat or Sun. I will have internet access most of the time while away so I'll be checking things out but I've been told it's family time and I'm not allowed to bring my AoW CDs

don't tell my wife that my brother has AoW installed on his computer or it'll be the death of me
posted 11-25-07 07:53 PM EDT (US)     25 / 407  
Sub needed for CSH in his 4 tourney games. Post here if interested
posted 12-16-07 10:48 PM EDT (US)     26 / 407  
Away on business Mon-Wed this week, I should have internet access now and then but no turns while away.
posted 12-21-07 02:53 PM EDT (US)     27 / 407  
Am away Sunday 23rd until Weds 26th

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
posted 12-26-07 05:44 AM EDT (US)     28 / 407  
I will be away from 27th Dec to the 1st of Jan, unable to play turns during this period.

ridgewayrambler@aol.com
posted 12-27-07 04:13 PM EDT (US)     29 / 407  
Hrm, bad news. My hiatus is being extended. My parents are staying with me at the moment and i don't want the hassle of explaining why i am playing computer games at my age. Hence any turns will have to wait until they've gone. Probably early next week.

(Well, hopefully so. They are with me because my car is in the shop. i really need to get it back....)

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
posted 01-17-08 06:57 PM EDT (US)     30 / 407  
And here we go again.

I shall be away effectively from Saturday evening until either Wednesday lunchtime or evening (GMT). There is a certain young lady who is asking for my opresence, so who am i to refuse her?

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Sir Wulf (edited 01-17-2008 @ 06:57 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » PBEM NEWS - sign up/substitute/absentee notes/etc.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames