AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: DtU pbem Morgul,Albaron,Swolte,Ecthelion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21  Next Page »
posted 12-26-08 04:02 AM EDT (US)   
This is the pilot pbem for the new map 'Descent to Undermountain' for Dwiggs 5.0!
I´ll start a second game soon.

I wanted to keep the number of players limited to four to get a better game pace.
I hope we will have much fun with this game and I even hope more, that we´ll not face any critical bugs such as movement stop of the Indies which happened in rare cases

Settings: I´ll leave it up to Swolte who´s got the first turn whether we play Hardcore or normal.
You´ll also get a second pop-up question in your first turn, asking for riddles yes/no. Please choose riddles YES which means, you have to answer the second question with NO !!!

Here´s the players and their Wizards:

Player 1. Swolte - Laird Murray, Humans
Player 2. Morgul - Jarlaxle,Dark Elves
Player 3. Ecthelion - Tatharon, Archons
Player 4. Albaron - Zoonä, Undead

Some special rules (might belong to the gentlemen rules but I´d like to mention them here seperately):

- In the unlikely case that you get somehow (I can only think of a Hero Level-up) the feature "PATH OF ...anything... e.g. Decay) DO NOT CHOOSE THIS FEATURE!!!!!!! It destroys the map!
- Item teleportation is allowed
- it´s not allowed to resurrect more than one unit/hero per day.
- It is strictly forbidden to resurrect ANY of the eight Heroes that hold a Gorm Artifact as well as any other Independent Heroes that guard anything in the map anywhere !!! I will prevent this in a further map-update anyway but in this map-version here, it´s still theoretically possible (I did it in my current testgame yesterday ...
Many of these heroes are extremely unbalanced and only meant to be tough opponents!
- anything else is allowed, you might also summon units into any areas if you like, I think I prevented this almost everywhere anyway

Have fun!
Morgul

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-

[This message has been edited by morgul666 (edited 12-26-2008 @ 04:19 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-09-11 02:30 PM EDT (US)     761 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 187

Another army is lost. But they were doomed anyway. A pity for the Dragon. Maybe I should have moved him away to somewhere else. Too late. Mistakes wherever I look. My strategies seem not to be very well. I still have plans, but I'm a bit concerned they will be not very well. I have to rethink.

TS
posted 01-09-11 03:48 PM EDT (US)     762 / 827  
Jarlaxle Baenre, the day of destiny...

The hunter arrived at the scenery like he did several month ago - but last time he saw two demigods battling themselves right infront of their - of THE ladies fortress...
One of them was now roaming Undermountain, the hunter knew well enough, although he had no idea where exactly he was right now and he couldn´t have cared less...
Now the scenery was empty...
he acted exactly like Jarlaxle Baenre had told him...

- somewhere far away, on a different plane of existence, Jarlaxle Baenre watched his partner with an excitement that bordered on insanity...he was on the very urge of collapsing so nervous he had not felt in his long life...

...He watched the hunter entering the no longer guarded fortress...
spideresk and grotesque sculptures lined the whole - severely damaged as he now realized - mighty magical fortress...
The damage was done by Vhaeraun´s mighty blows, he remembered then...

And then the hunter finally arrived at her throne and...

- suddenly, the whole scenery blurred... a sudden bright flash like if the sun had exploded blinded Jarlaxle through his scrying device, throwing him backwards!
None of his many magical devices saved him from this otherwordly blow...he stumbled backwards and fell unconscious...the last thing he would later remember having seen before the bright flash engulfed him, was a familiar face, a face he´d seen once centuries ago and probably as only living male drow who lived to tell his tale...

the hunter awoke...
he stood up and shook away his dizzyness...
he must have slept he decided - but how long he could not tell...
he tried to remember what had happened, where he was and why he slept at this strange place...
he saw the might fortress...from outside...had he already been inside?
There was a battle, wasn´t there?
he slew countless spiders - or was it just a dream...?
Slowly, he stood up and examined his gear...
everything was still there, his telltale vampiric dagger and all the other stuff...
Something told him, he was done at this place and should leave as soon as possible.
He did´t have to think twice for he felt a new sensation, something he hadn´t felt in years: fear.

- Somewhere far, far away, at a place in Undermountain a creature had appeared.
She had chosen her most favored form - that of a gigantic spider with the torso and head of the most beautiful female drow...
What she was up to, nobody could tell.
Determined, the eight mighty legs strode into one direction - to a place that once belonged to her fellows and for whatever reason which nobody would muster, she decided that this would be her first target in this - admittedely interesting - for it was created by a mere human - place called 'Undermountain'.
Along her path, all the few unlucky vermin or beast that were not lucky enough to have sensed her otherworldly presence in time, simply succumbed to her mere presence...
almost all - for soon, she was surrounded by an evergrowing swarm of all kinds of spiders...

TS

posted 01-09-11 11:02 PM EDT (US)     763 / 827  
~ Murray

Servant Sir, are you ok?
Murray Mmmm...
Servant You seem a bit quiet?
Murray Something happened. Something bad.
Servant Sir, is this about the lost butterscotch cookies again? I can assure you that the thief who...
Murray No, its worse than that...
Servant Sir?
Murray I need to think. It is not safe here anymore. Perhaps recall the regiment which left today.
Servant As you wish, sir...

--

Nice descriptions. We could release this game as a novel!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 01-09-2011 @ 11:07 PM).]

posted 01-10-11 01:29 AM EDT (US)     764 / 827  
Nice descriptions. We could release this game as a novel!
funny - I´d been thinking exactly the same yesterday under the shower
But I fear it´s too long meanwhile - LOTR times two - but probably more action taking place...

posted 01-14-11 04:32 PM EDT (US)     765 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 188

Tatharon was shaking his head in disbelief. Murray has so much units. Everywhere. Thus a scout was lost. An important one. He is still feeling a bit paralyzed. His experiments doesn't work like he intended. They're not going bad. No, not really. Did he lost some knowledge, since he had faced this... what was it? He still doesn't know what it was? He is also missing some of his memory. At least it feels like this. But he has no comparison. It is like a fog. He needs someone to wipe this fog away.

We lost the Goblin city to Murray. He is clever, too clever. Actually Murray is by far the most powerful leader in this dungeon and clever too. How can one beat this combination? Cunning plans. But his brain feels like jelly. He can't get a clear thought. Still...

It is too much. How long can he stand this?

TS
posted 01-15-11 04:34 AM EDT (US)     766 / 827  
Jarlaxle,

Jarlaxle Baenre had recovered from the initial shock and his unconsciouness... Some lackeys took care of the bruises he had caught when he fell over backwards but he still had a horrible headache...
Anyhow, he couldn´t resist taking glances through his scrying device and much to his relief, he saw, that the hunter was still alive and on his way to his next destined location - and terribly fast so...
He was very lucky that just in the same instant when he was again falling unconsious, a close advisor was standing right behind him to grab him, for what Jarlaxle Baenre had just seen, had simply been too much for his current state...

...The lady strode forward, whoever dared to stand in her way was transformed into little creeping spiders who willingly followed their mighty leader.
Soon Bregan Daerthe´s former base would fall back into the hand of the drow.

Into the hand of the mother of all drow to be precise!

Yes - it seemed that Lolth had returned to her people although nobody could ever dare to understand her motives, not even the mightiest of all priestesses of all houses within Menzoberranzan.
A dark presence spread out in the distance somewhere in the gigantic chamber around Bregan Dearthe and the few defending - mostly orcish - troops could feel it... could smell death...their own inevitable death...
Lolth could smell the fear and smiled wickedly...
she was hungry.
Once the base was taken, the next target was crystal clear.
At least to her...
She felt another presence far away...

...somewhere far away, mighty Selvetarm, Champion and grandson of Lolth, suddenly stood still, staring into nothingness as he had done some days before...
This time Valas was clever enough to say no word and simply observe his powerful leader.
After a while, Selvetarm turned slowly, a strange expression on his face although none of his expressions had been anything but clear so far...
Then he said in a curious and excited voice: 'She is back... She is here...somewhere...calling for me...'
He turned to Valas and said:'You! You will from now on lead this squad! I have to leave - urgent matters are calling for me! Ask no questions, no answers will be given at that point of time but know that you can rely on powerful support soon! '
With that, the mighty Demigod strode away into a dark chamber, leaving a confused stack behind...
Valas was not sure whether he should be happy or frightend at that point of time but at least he was one thing: Curious and excited. He hoped he´d soon understand what Selvetarm had meant when he was referring to 'her'...

TS

[This message has been edited by morgul666 (edited 01-15-2011 @ 04:37 AM).]

posted 01-15-11 11:18 AM EDT (US)     767 / 827  
~ Laird Murray

Murray I feel a disturbance.
Servant We did change the curtains into that light green co...
Murray No, something bad is going to happen.
Servant Sir, we have no indication! We are making plans to capture Rome. Jarlaxle's hideout can't be far as well. Tatharaon is slowly being cornered as our troops are seeping through. What can possibly go wrong?! Sir, I think you worry too much.
Murray Hmm, maybe you're right...

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 01-15-2011 @ 11:23 AM).]

posted 01-28-11 03:56 PM EDT (US)     768 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 189

Servant: Murray's scouts are everywhere.
Tatharon: Some are dead.
Servant: One of ours is dead too.
Tatharon: I've noticed it. There is a strong hero party on the way to the former Zoonä capital.
Servant: And...?
Tatharon: What?
Mythothyn: Let us crush them...
Tatharon: With which forces? You think you can do it?
Mythothyn: Not alone.
Tatharon: Aaaahh... Would be good, if you could.

TS
posted 01-29-11 03:30 AM EDT (US)     769 / 827  
Jarlaxle,

Bregan Daerthe was retaken by Lady Lolth herself. As expected, the defenders were scattered all about but some of them were eliminated.
An extremely powerful ally was won today.
A very powerful unit was lost today due to idiocy.
a new mighty army was set up and is ready to wreak havoc.
The hunter hurries to his next destination.
Jarlaxle feels the pressure under his butt.
It´s become critical.

TS

posted 01-30-11 03:18 PM EDT (US)     770 / 827  
~ Murray

Murray sat upon is throne. A large frown seemed frozen onto his face, like a scar that wouldn't heal. He had been like that ever since he learned about Bregan Dearthe and the return of Lolth.

Murray Why... why?! Things were moving along so well! I can hear the people, you know... they are saying it marks the return of a new era! That my time has come, and that the darkelven rebellion will cause a revolution, and the beginning of a new democratic age!
Servant Sir, sir... relax! And I am not so sure about that democatic thing with Her. You are still firmly in charge of the situation.
Murray I bet it's all Jarlaxle's fault, somehow. Where is this scoundrel, anyway? We haven't seen him in years... I want him hanged!
Servant He is in hiding, sir. We are searching every single cave, city, and teleporter until we find him!
Murray But what do we do about Lolth? she is invincible!
Servant Not entirly, sir. We may have some means to rid her from this plane, and I know just the team that is perfectly able to do it!

Not long after this conversation, someplace else...

Shania *Stamps on ground* HE WANTS US TO *&^#%^&$ KILL WHO?!!!

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 01-30-2011 @ 03:23 PM).]

posted 01-31-11 04:28 PM EDT (US)     771 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 190

Friar: Sir, we have...
Tatharon: What? News?
Friar: Yes.
Tatharon: Good one?
Friar: No.
Tatharon: What? Come on... Tell me.
Friar: We lost several scouts and Mithril Hall.
Tatharon: !
Friar: Sir?
Tathron: You must be joking.
Friar: Unfortunately not. We also lost our group with the machines.
Tatharon: When will we ever get good news?
Friar: I don't know.
Tatharon: It seems to be helpless.

TS
posted 02-01-11 12:56 PM EDT (US)     772 / 827  
Jarlaxle,

an army of Murray was eliminated today but Jarlaxle understood well enough that his own losses, though less numerous, hit him ten times as hard as Murray since actually for each unit he lost, Murray had to lose 20 in order to achieve some kind of balancing...
He also knew that he had some champions within his ranks who were capable to fight at such odds but they were too few to take care of Murray´s hordes.
There was only one thing left that prevented Jarlaxle Baenre from fleeing: He thought it worth to watch his deity (and her grandson) fight against his enemy.
And he knew that Lolth would prove to be a most formidable foe - even in her manifested state.
And he knew that she would not be alone should it come to a showdown... and then he smiled again.

TS

posted 02-01-11 09:46 PM EDT (US)     773 / 827  
~ Murray

Murray Why did it take so long?
Servant Its technical, sir.
Murray I mean, its a teleporter, I don't understand
Servant Well, the engineers claim the particle accelerator had to be recharged or else the antimatter may reverse the process and discombobulate the dual-core quantum drive.
Murray huh? Ah... yes, ok, thats what I thought...
Servant Anyway, the teleporter is functioning again, sir. Lucifer has passed. Jarlaxle should start feeling the heat now, literally.
Murray Excellent, most excellent!
Servant Three of his powerful servants were surprised, and killed in the attack, sir. It was a speedy hunt, but in the end, Lucifer finished them off without any trouble.
There was an imposter claiming to be Tatharon among the victims as well, sir.
Murray Excellent, now that we have found his final hideout, there is no other way for him to go but the void. Soon to be an eternal void, haha!
Servant They must feel very desperate now under all your pressure, sir.

posted 02-04-11 03:46 PM EDT (US)     774 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 191

Tatharon: What was the name??
Friar: Pikel Boulder.
Tatharon: Pikel Boulder? You're joking.
Friar: No, he is a Dwarf.
Tatharon: What a funny name. Okay, let him in.
Friar: Ahem. This is not possible.
Tatharon: Why not?
Friar: He don't want to come in.
Tathron: Why??
Friar: I don't know.
Tatharon: We have gold, so no problem with that. Tell him he should join us.
Friar: I think gold is not the problem.
Tatharon: What else?
Friar: I'm not sure. He was a bit angry.
Tatharon: Angry??? But why?
Friar: He would not join our service, because he is not pleased with... ahem, how should I say that...
Tatharon: Stop it!!! What else to report?
Friar: There is an interesting scout of Laird Murray in our cave.
Tatharon: Interesting scout? Which one?
Friar: A Golden Dragon.
Tatharon: What a pretender...

TS
posted 02-05-11 03:38 AM EDT (US)     775 / 827  
huh, I wouldn´t have thought that it would happen still in this late state of the game but indeed, the independent´s turn went into an endless loop...
I had to quit by task manager and reload, finally it worked well. I don´t think there´ll be a restart message, we had this already before several times I think...
Did anybody of you raze a certain structure or something like that?

----
Jarlaxle,

Jarlaxle: 'Man, it´s hot down here! Did anybody turn on the heating?'
servant: 'No sir. '
Jarlaxle: 'Well then... nevermind. Leave me alone, daily business is calling...'
- looks through scrying device -
- and instantly freezes on the spot (thus negating the effects from the sudden warmth that came up...)

(speaking to himself, staring into nothingness) :'unholy sh#*t ..!.. this is it, isn´t it... I have to leave this place...damn it...I have to leave this place...instantly...'

Three of his generals had been slain.
That alone would have been terrible enough but when he saw who was approaching him, he instantly understood that his doom was closeby...

He instantly started preparations to retreat until he heard a sudden call...a somehow familiar voice although he hadn´t heard it in centuries...
A voice calling for him...!

'Come, my loyal servant... join the gathering...a great clash is going to take place soon, you will be needed...
abandon your hideout...
join forces beyond your imagination...
I won´t tolerate a human rulership within this place...!
The time of the drow will come - also in Undermountain...'

Jarlaxle couldn´t help but shake away the confusion causing nausea within his superb brain...

Having regained most of his wits, he decided it was time for ultimate preparations...for Jarlaxle Baenre was never unprepared...for nothing.
He contacted somebody far, far away...

Jarlaxe: "I need you to be prepared!"
Kimmuriel: "...You in dire trouble, aren´t you?"
Jarlaxe: "Indeed... most dire I´d say ... I´d better not tell you the whole truth about it, you won´t believe a word anyway..."
(feels a sudden mental intrusion which - of course - is reflected by one of his many magical devices...)
J: "Oh come on...you should have known better meanwhile... why do you always try..."
K: "Arrogance has always been your mayor weakness, Jarlaxe Baenre... "
J: (smiling, for he understand well enough that Kimmuriel could most probably break his defences with his outstanding psionic capabilities should he really desire ...) "enough of this... I fear that the end is near... and I need you to be prepared when the day has come..."
K: "how dramatic... 'The end is near...' ... I´m wondering if I´ll ever see the end of Jarlaxle..."
J: "I mean the end of my excourse into Undermountain!"
K: "Were you successfull after all?"
J: "Not really. We found 5 of the 8 artifacts."
K: "So they really do exist...remarkable."
J: "They do. But unfortunately, I fear, I´ll never get the remaining three...They are held by that old human bastard who managed to raise an empire within the halls of unimaginable allies and armies..."
K: "I see... So you need the help of Bregan Daerthe´s main forces?"
J: "No. I fear we´re beyond that already."
K: (looks surprised - a rare thing...): "So what?"
J: "I do have allies on my own...allies beyond anybodies imagination... but still I have my doubts...
Listen, I want you to do the following...

TS

posted 02-05-11 12:15 PM EDT (US)     776 / 827  
~ Murray

Vala stood at the edge of a river of lava. The heat was almost unbearable. In the distance, he could see volcanoes and fire nodes erupting. Lucifer's presence seems to increase their activity unnaturally. It was as hell itself was attempting to boil up from underneath, trying to spew towards the surface, trying to reach its master.

Vala could sense Jarlaxle's domain ahead of him, across from the lava. Perhaps two days of travel, no more. He almost felt relieved. It shouldn't take long now before he was able to leave it all behind him.

He missed his days of solitude.

posted 02-07-11 04:31 PM EDT (US)     777 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 192

We still have the problem of Pikel Boulder, but I guess we soon will have bigger problems. Anyway, I have done a mistake and were to greedy. This resulted in the loss of an important group...

TS

I'm very sorry that I've produced a restart message. I accidentally started the turn with SEM...

My mistake was the punishment for this as it seems. It was really an important group. Anyway. I've done too much mistakes.
posted 02-08-11 10:55 AM EDT (US)     778 / 827  
ts

no time for post today

posted 02-08-11 09:42 PM EDT (US)     779 / 827  
~ Murray

Murray And...
Servant And what, sir?
Murray Any updates?!
Servant Not really, sir. No battles were fought. Its like our enemy has retreated.
Murray But... That is excellent news! Why would you withhold such news?
Servant Good news is no news, sir!
Murray Who taught you that!?
Servant The media training course I took, sir.
Murray You have time for that crap?! *frowns*
Servant Sir, the course allows me to better communicate your greatness.
Murray Hmm, ok, I see that is a good thing...

posted 02-10-11 04:34 PM EDT (US)     780 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 193

Friar: We're losing ground, Sir.
Tatharon: Really? You're joking. Do you have an idea how to stop this???
Friar: Ehh, no Sir.
Tatharon: But we will see, I have some plans and maybe one of them could work. The Pikel Boulder problem has to be solved first.
Friar: I don't know a solution for this problem too...
Tatharon: Tell me, why are you working for me?
Friar: ! Ääääh... You can rely on me regarding healing.
Tatharon: Aha! Good!!! Something else?
Friar: I'm good in listening to you.
Tatharon: Pffffff...! Leave, at once!
Friar: But, Sir!
Tatharon: Leave! Don't come back the next days unless you have a good idea to solve at least one problem.
Friar: As you wish... - leaving the hall.
Tatharon: Blatherer.

TS
posted 02-11-11 12:55 PM EDT (US)     781 / 827  
Noooo!! It was only a question of time when it would happen and today was the day - my little daughter (ususally not in my computer room but today ) found and pulled the cable to which the whole PC-hardware is connected, thus cutting the electricity short
Of course it happened while I was playing this turn
I´m especially feeling bad now because I fought a bigger battle against Murray and of course now it looks like I´m cheating - but I hope Murray will see the truth that there wouldn´t have been any option for him to win that battle anyway ...
still I´m sorry... It´s really nasty that it happened exactly in this turn

Jarlaxle,

He saw the god of hell approaching...
With an impressive support of three majestic Dragons.
An invincible stack he instantly recognized.
Although he had never really planned to oppose them of course...
He spoke the word of command...

.... and appeared right beside an old friend of his.

J: 'Well met my friend! Has been a while, hasn´t it, cough...'
T: (stares in disbelief, not sure what to say...if his was dreaming...)
J: 'ahem...anyway...I wish you and your fellows a great day and...don´t worry for myself. I´m just on the run and thought to say hello to old friends - bye!'
T: (still staring in disbelief...watching Jarlaxle move away)

Elsewhere, the spaceship apporached at Shed Nasad as Lolth had instructed. She wouldn´t tolerate such a renowned Drow City in human hands...
It was well guarded - but not well enough.
Selvetarm and his fellows attacked with abandon, leaving no survivors - mostly drow - which was a pity indeed but not to change.
An extremly powerful unit of them perished in the process as well but compared to Murray´s losses, this was acceptable (and most of them hadn´t liked that ever-slurping noises of the Illithid anyway...)

Another tower was secured but Jarlaxle´s hideout was lost - so it was no real proceeding they all understood.

The hunter found a nice special attraction which led him to interrupt his course for a special aquisition...
One that Murray would like...

TS

posted 02-12-11 05:40 PM EDT (US)     782 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 194

Tatharon: Did you see what I can see??
Mythothyn: I guess I know what you see. I can see it too.
Tatharon: I'm not sure what to do now, but I guess there is only one real way.
Mythothyn: I think I know what you mean and I agree.
Tatharon: Good, let's go ahead. Plans are getting more and more in shape and start to look a bit more promising. Still a lot of problems ahead, but we will solve one after the other.
Mythothyn: We should, because you've done to much mistakes so far.
Tatharon: I know and I'm confident it will not happen again. It's getting better everyday.

TS
posted 02-12-11 06:25 PM EDT (US)     783 / 827  
~ Murray

Servant Sir, Jarlaxle's hideout has been unhidden!
Murray Excellent, so... where is that bandit, then? I wanted him here, chained at my feet!!
Servant Sir, there were some... complications, so to speak, namely, Jarlaxle vanished!
Murray Vanished? Where did he learn that trick!? And where did he vanish to?
Servant Reports suggest he may have appeared close to Tatharon's tower, sir...
Murray Strange... but this may be a fortunate circumstance. Now that they are together, we can smack two flies with one blow!
Servant Sir, I guess I should tell you that there has been a complication: Shed Nasad has fallen! Our defenses, consisting out of several troops, utterly failed against their brute force! We lost more than 20 times the troops they had...
Murray ...
Servant There is good news too, sir!
Murray ...better tell me quick!
Servant Cassandra and Bal Sagoth have attacked Jarlaxle's troops in the area of Rome! They will soon be able to recapture that city!
Murray That is more like it. And I assume Shed Nasad is their next target...
Servant Obviously, sir, obviously...

posted 02-13-11 03:43 AM EDT (US)     784 / 827  
Jarlaxle,

as expected, both his former hideout and Rome were lost.
Jarlaxle didn´t care much for he knew Murray would never find him.
But this of course wouldn´t solve his mayor problem - getting the set of Gorm...
He knew he would always find ways to get away unharmed but he still couldn´t accept the thought that all his efforts in Undermountain should really have been for naught.

Elsewhere, the hunter appeared right beside a surprised stack.

Selvetarm and and his fellows were on the way to their next destination - Valas Hune was more than surprised that Selvetarm was back after all but didn´t dare to ask what had changed the god´s mind and plans...

Lolth was hissing in anticipation for Murrays champions to approach her...

TS

posted 02-13-11 03:37 PM EDT (US)     785 / 827  
~ Laird Murray

"CURSED MICE!!", Jack screamed, whilst throwing a cooking pot to the corner of his tiny kitchen. Jack Brimstone was the lone keeper of an abandoned watchtower located in the farest of outskirts of the shadowworld. Many believed Murray's administrators assigned him this post because he was old and it would be a comfortable way for him to retire. Jack's job basically entailed dusting the 251 steps that led to the top, and providing a monthly report of anything that happened. For example, 11 months ago, some of his bread got eaten by mice and he repeatedly requested assistance to deal with the culprits. It was the most stressful thing that had happened to him since he got assigned this post 2 years ago. Much to his dismay, he never heard anything back. It made him feel forgotten; as if nothing ever happens here and nothing probably ever will...

Today, however, things were about to change... As Jack was dusting the 143rd stair on his way down, he felt something in his gut - a minor earthquake, but one that shook his mind instead of the tower. He immediately rushed to the window and what he saw made his heart race with excitement. There, in the distance, was a person, a real person! A slender hooded figure was walking towards his tower. His movements were light and confident and it was clear that this was someone of great official importance and power.

Finally, Jack thought, finally! Here is the assistance to deal with his mice problem! After all this time he had almost lost hope anyone cared. Resisting the tears that swelled up in his eyes, he threw his duster to the side, and ran upstairs to get his best hat - an old admiral hat he once found when he sailed on a shrimp boat many decades ago. Jack's hands were trembling with excitement as he put it on. He smiled and ran down the 251 stairs as fast as his old legs permitted him to, and he opened the door wide stretching his arms out wide in a heartfelt greeting!

However, what he saw was different from what he expected.

Not too far from his door, the air started to ripple, and something appeared from it! Clearly, great magic was at work. The lone figure immediately began to take cover behind some of the rocks with a speed Jack never thought humanly possible. Then, two large shapes appeared out of the air... one resembled that of a thunderous cloud, and the other was that of a enormous dragon: a majestic golden dragon with glittering scales covered in a bright shining glow!

Jack's jaw dropped at the sight of this spectacle. He had never seen anything so beautiful in his entire life. He ran towards the figure behind the rocks, waving his stick in excitement! "Look, look, look there!! It's magnificant!" he shouted, almost out of breath!

Then, a mighty roar, undoubtedly from the dragon behind him, made him freeze in his steps. He crossed eyes with the stranger for a split second... the eyes were sharp as knives and pierced through his very soul. Jack was confused. Then, the figure jumped on the rock, visibly irritated, and faced the creatures. Blades flashed in his hands. A battle unfolded, but Jack didn't see much of it. In fact, he ran back to his tower, and when he got there, closed the door firmly behind him!

It took him until nighttime before he looked out the window again. All was quiet. Jack took some bread and had a bite, but decided to leave some of it on the floor before he went to bed...

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 02-14-2011 @ 09:48 AM).]

posted 02-14-11 02:03 AM EDT (US)     786 / 827  
damn
should´ve checked the map in the editor whether there was a relay behind the walls or not, sigh...
but then - it wouldn´t have changed anything for I saw murray´s domain only after entering the shadow world - too late...
two summons... I´m wondering where you still find all those catalysts, sigh again...

posted 02-14-11 03:52 PM EDT (US)     787 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 195

Tatharon: Great! Did you see? Great man.
Mythothyn: Sir, this is just a scout.
Tatharon: But he trapped him!
Mythothyn: It is just a scout!
Tatharon: No, it is a vanguard!!
Mythothyn: !!

TS
posted 02-15-11 10:41 AM EDT (US)     788 / 827  
sigh - now we´re really fast approaching the end of the game (which is only a logical result of the past 50-100 turns... ) as I lost a) a very valuable item and b) (even more drastical) Lolth got crushed by that known game-bug which simply crashes units sometimes (it happend to me in other games with the Mega-Sandworm and in DtU with one kind of flying carpet) - I always thought it would happen to units with too many HP (Lolth had 50 HP) but the carpet has only 20 or so, so there must be another reason for those unit-crushes...

Jarlaxle,
It was the blackest of days in weeks if not month...
How save had he felt at the hideout location in the shadow but even there reached the arms of murray - Jarlaxle held no doubt that the end was near so precautions were taken with Kimmuriel again...
As if to underline the inevitable end of his mission, it seemed Lolth had abondoned him (or his people?) once again...
She had always been known for her chaotic behaviour but given the fact that she had called him to her just recently and now vanished again made him feel really lost...

Elsewhere, the hunter was cursing...

TS

posted 02-15-11 09:33 PM EDT (US)     789 / 827  
~ Murray

Servant Sir, Jarlaxle has been sighted in Rome. However, he is trapped there, like a wild animal! It won't be long before we can send him back to Bregan.
Murray Most excellent, he has been slipping through our fingers for far too long now... I assume we are preparing a welcoming party there?
Servant Indeed sir, a big one. Rumors of Lolth's departure from this plane could be true. Scouts have not sighted the goddess from where she was last seen.
Murray Luck shines upon us!
Servant It does, sir, it does! And, Santa has sensed the presence of what could be that mysterious assassin that haunts your dreams.
Murray Oh really? Where?!
Servant Not to far from Bregan, sir. It is likely the assassin wants to protect his master?
Murray Good, we are pushing them into defense. The pressure in on, let's now turn on the screws!

posted 02-16-11 04:31 PM EDT (US)     790 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 196

Reinforcements. It was only a question of time. Some scouts have been killed, but we also lost some. We are not the only ones with problems. Jarlaxle also has some as it seems. No wonder Murray is so strong and smart. And he has good generals. Not that ours are bad, but his are more clever apparently.

But we have still some plans, which may give us some improvements. They are not enough, but it is a start.

TS
posted 02-17-11 02:56 PM EDT (US)     791 / 827  
Ha, at least we´ll manage one thing! We´ll see day 200 !!

Jarlaxle,

With a mixture of disappointment and hatred he watched the countless armies approach the few structures that he still called his own...
He felt desperate.
And the worst thing of all was, that it seemed that even Artemis Entreri was no longer heeding his calls...
The hunter was out - nobody knew where, what he was up to...
Jarlaxle could only hope it was in his interest...
but somehow he doubted it...

Elsewhere, Artemis Entreri - who was far from being naive - saw it coming - the demise...
Entreri knew when it was time to either change sides or work independently...
and he felt the time had come.
And he also felt that abandoning that pest of an ever opportunistc Dark Elf was the actually the most exciting sensation he had felt in weeks if not month...
Yes, the hunter was himself again - working independently - precisely - deadly.
He would leave his marks here and there he decided.
Then it was time to leave this wicked place and leave it all, Jarlaxle Baenre, Bregan Daerthe - all these damn Dark Elves behind.
A new chapter had begun.
Well - rather an old chapter would continue he decided.

TS

posted 02-17-11 08:39 PM EDT (US)     792 / 827  
(Wouldn't be too sure about that... )

~ Murray

Servant Sir, it seems Jarlaxle will soon be no more. Bal Sagoth voided the drow leader and recaptured Rome. He can respawn in two location, and both are soon to be under big pressure from our forces.
Murray Excellent, I assume we can write him off already.
Servant It seems so, sir. There is no way he can keep Bregan Dearthe for much longer. Elsewhere, Lucifer is on his way to take care of Selvetarm's army and retake the drow cities in the shadowworld.
Murray *sigh* it looks like all resistance is crushed.
Servant Tatharon, sir, he still has a strong fortress. The Creator is holding his ground until reinforcements arrive. In a number of days, they will trickle in.
Murray Trickle?| I prefer march!
Servant Yes, sir, I will pass it on. As you wish!

posted 02-19-11 12:56 PM EDT (US)     793 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 197

We've waited to long and were to simple-hearted to think Murray would move in such a simple trap. I won't make this mistake again. He could see us, this is clear now. What maybe of help? More units and so the Pikel Boulder problem has to be solved now.

More things ahead. Some important structures found.

TS
posted 02-20-11 05:10 AM EDT (US)     794 / 827  
Jarlaxle,

The hunter felt the blood and adrenalin pumping in veins like he hadn´t felt since his raid over Meg Mell some weeks ago.
The army of fire-arrow shooting Kobolts was maybe not really his caliber but it was the right thing to satisfy his recently raised bloodlust.
Arrow after arrow was fired at the deadly assassin.
Arrow after arrow missed it´s target as if the target was dissappearing mysteriously every once an arrow would have actually hit.
Two or three out of 50 or so hit their destination but the little damage was drained back from the poor little souls by his telltale vampiric dagger.
Once the bloody deed was done and the town was taken, Entreri felt a bit better than a few minutes before but still, the frustration was present.
Why had he been following this mad drow, he was asking himself?
Was it the prospect of treasure unimaginable ?
hardly.
Was it the nice companionship?
Even less likely.
Was it Jarlaxle strong presence forcing him to follow the powerful drow leader?
At least he denied accepting the possibilty.
Nobody influenced Artemis Entreri to do what he did not desire to do...
Well, really nobody...?
He remembered a situation some years ago when he had first contact with Jarlaxle and his powerful band.
This Kimmuriel guy... he remebered how much he had disliked - even feared? - that psionicist.
This wicked mage could seemingly break his will like a nutshell as he had proven more than once.
It was said that even Illithid´s respected that person.
Was it possible that Jarlaxle had directed Kimmuriel to influence Entreri without him noticing?
That was possible though somehow he didn´t believe it.
For why would he now be able to decide out of free will to abondon Jarlaxle and his band for his own savety?
He decided he would maybe spend more time in thinking about it once he´d found a way out of this wicked dungeon...
Which in fact seemed to be his biggest problem right now...

TS

posted 02-20-11 03:29 PM EDT (US)     795 / 827  
~ Murray

Murray And this one?
Servant Also lovely, sir.
Murray With or... without?
Servant Which one, sir, the green or the red?
Murray The red.
Servant With the red, definitely. The green scarf is too subdued!
Murray Great, this is going to be a splendid festival. How much longer until Tatharon and Jarlaxle are no more?
Servant Jarlaxle will likely not hold out much longer than 4 days, sir. Tatharon is expected to perish in less than 10 days.
Murray Great, 10 days!

posted 02-21-11 01:54 PM EDT (US)     796 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 198

Mythothyn: Risky.
Tatharon: Pah! I was paralyzed for a too long time now. Action! We'll see what Murray will do now. I should have done this long ago.
Mythothyn: Yeah, probably. But we'll see if this was really a good idea.
Tatharon: You haven't provided a better plan, have you?
Mythothyn: No.
Tatharon: Pikel Boulder is no more. This doesn't work as planned.
Mythothyn: No.
Tatharon: You're monosylabic. Why?
Mythothn: I don't talk much at all.
Tatharon: Really...

TS
posted 02-21-11 02:23 PM EDT (US)     797 / 827  
Jarlaxle,

Preparations were ongoing for the final chapter.
Kimmuriel was well intructed - Jarlaxle would not tolerate any mistakes...
Timing was essential now.
Bregan Daerthe´s leader smiled - as usual - no matter how dire a situation might prove to be, he´d find a way out.

TS

[This message has been edited by morgul666 (edited 02-21-2011 @ 02:24 PM).]

posted 02-21-11 07:19 PM EDT (US)     798 / 827  
~ Murray

The Creator felt the gusts of wind. Immediately, he sensed that the time for waiting is over. He signaled retreat and gathered regrouped with the first bunch of reinforcements.

The war was about to begin...

Calis: Hurry!
Shania: Lolth... Tatharon, frack! Why can't he just MAKE up his mind?!
Calis: No time to think! Things are changing fast! Just move!
Shania: Oh please?! Are you going to be like this? We can't move faster than the runemasters anyway!
Calis: Yes, we have to get our unstoppable army to the frontlines, quickly!
Shania: Unmoveable, you mean! Haha!!

posted 02-22-11 05:21 PM EDT (US)     799 / 827  
Player 3. Ecthelion subbed by Albaron - Tatharon, Archons Day 199

Hmm, this time we were not that successful. The two dragons in our cave try to escape. That will not be possible. More reinforcements from Murray are on the way. Could be serious.

What will come next? We don't know, but we have to react at the moment. Sorry Errtu, but I made to much mistakes. Otherwise we would have be able to act...

TS
posted 02-23-11 10:38 AM EDT (US)     800 / 827  
Jaraxle Baenre stood solely on the walls of Bregan Daerthe (or at least what was the UNDERMOUNTAIN base of the mercenary band) - expecting his next journey into the void.
Probably his last he estimated.
So it was arranged with Kimmuriel.

TS

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » DtU pbem Morgul,Albaron,Swolte,Ecthelion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames