Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Voting for Mod To Play In Next Official RTWH Swap
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 17 June 2008 11:24 EDT (US)   
Since the response to the idea of playing Alexander was not very enthusiastic, I decided to skip it and do a Mod for our next Swap. So here is a thread to vote on what mod to play. Once that is decided I will open another topic to vote on the faction and for the actual sign-ups to play.

I am going to stick to the major conversion mods for RTW/BI. Here is a list to vote for:

Mods
Extended Greek Mod8 - Wins!
Europa Barbarorum1
Rome Total Realism-
The Fourth Age: Total War-
End of Days 7
Napoleonic Total War -
77 BC Twilight of the Republic-
58 BC Caesar Imperator1
SPQR-
Roma Surrectum-

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 06-19-2008 @ 06:22 PM).]

Replies:
posted 17 June 2008 11:25 EDT (US)     1 / 34  
I am going to start the voting by casting my ballot for End of Days, as it really stands out from the rest of the pack as unique experience.
posted 17 June 2008 11:46 EDT (US)     2 / 34  
I'll also vote for EoD, but I would like to put forward the expansion, Lycan Rising. This is even more fantasy than EoD, and also a lot of fun.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 17 June 2008 11:50 EDT (US)     3 / 34  
I thought about adding in EOD 2 in there as well, but did not want to dilute voting between the two. Next Mod swap I will put it in instead of EOD.
posted 17 June 2008 11:54 EDT (US)     4 / 34  
Ok, EoD is also nice though I do not like the amount of rebels that needs to be smacked before you reach the enemy. On the other hand, you do fight factions that have powered up immensely.
BTW, for people who are anxious about how mods will affect their vanilla version, Sub has a guide in her sig about making a second copy.
I'll also post links to the different mods so people can take a look.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 17 June 2008 12:04 EDT (US)     5 / 34  
EOD

Kind Regards
Willwoms

The walls shake at the noise of the horses, and of the wheels, and of the chariots
(¯`•._.•[ ]•._.•Ž¯)(¯`•._.•[ ]•._.•Ž¯)(¯`•._.•[ ]•._.•Ž¯)(¯`•._.•[ ]•._.•Ž¯)(¯`•._.•[ ]•._.•Ž¯)(¯`•._.•[ ]•._.•Ž¯)(¯`•._.•[ ]•._.•Ž¯)(¯`•._.•[ ]

How come I destroyed all of you then?
°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.O O.o°°o.0
posted 17 June 2008 12:04 EDT (US)     6 / 34  
Extended greek mod,

And sub, i wanna play the swap. Since i did not even got the save of the franks.
posted 17 June 2008 12:05 EDT (US)     7 / 34  
The only one I have experiance with is EB but EB is hard and slow. I doubt it would win.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
posted 17 June 2008 12:23 EDT (US)     8 / 34  
RTR

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 17 June 2008 12:41 EDT (US)     9 / 34  
Europa Barbarorum or End of Days. End of Days has a cooler name, though, even though I don't know much about it

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 17 June 2008 12:43 EDT (US)     10 / 34  
Even though I'm not going to play I'm going to go with my favorite, the XGM. If you do use XGM, you ought to use a sub-mid called the Ethnic Traits, which extends the culture traits and adds many new traits and ancillaries; I feel it adds quite a bit to the mod.

Otherwise, I think EoD would probably be fun.

P.S. It's 'Roma Surrectum'; a bastardized form of Latin meant to mean "Rome Rises".

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kæn ɹid ðɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
posted 17 June 2008 12:48 EDT (US)     11 / 34  
XGM takes my vote,simply because its the only mod I have.
posted 17 June 2008 12:53 EDT (US)     12 / 34  
Download another...

Facebook, anyone?
posted 17 June 2008 14:08 EDT (US)     13 / 34  
I cant cus every mod I download ends up being corrupted or broken.
posted 17 June 2008 16:07 EDT (US)     14 / 34  
XMG please

Monkcrazy5

Creator of the maps"of fire and of water"

Livers are icky, he can keep it. I take my heads like any good barbarian-Subrosa
For the love of...leave my liver out of your sig!-Impspy
posted 17 June 2008 16:13 EDT (US)     15 / 34  
Extended Greek Mod. I'll say now that if we do go for XGM, when we vote for factions, Parthia and Scythia should be in a 'Steppe' group, rather than Eastern and Barbarian.
posted 17 June 2008 16:23 EDT (US)     16 / 34  
I think XGM is too much like vanilla, even with the MM map and the different unit rosters. EoD is definitely different.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 17 June 2008 16:29 EDT (US)     17 / 34  
I vote EoD, and I'll download is ASAP

British AAR/HSR On hold, last update was on 11/06/08 or 06/11/08 for you Americans.
posted 17 June 2008 16:40 EDT (US)     18 / 34  
Where do you download it from?
posted 17 June 2008 17:00 EDT (US)     19 / 34  
I think you can get it from Filefront or ther's a link at TWCenter.
posted 17 June 2008 19:02 EDT (US)     20 / 34  
The only one I have experiance with is EB but EB is hard and slow. I doubt it would win.
Is that a vote for EB or not?
Europa Barbarorum or End of Days. End of Days has a cooler name, though, even though I don't know much about it
Which will it be?

Note to all. General Zavier has a link to the download of End Of Days in his EOD AAR.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 06-17-2008 @ 07:04 PM).]

posted 17 June 2008 19:16 EDT (US)     21 / 34  
58 BC: That is truly the game that is farthest away from vanilla RTW.
posted 17 June 2008 21:16 EDT (US)     22 / 34  
posted 17 June 2008 23:27 EDT (US)     23 / 34  
End of Days for me!

But I would prefer not to do another Albion campaign...

Hell, what am I saying, I'm in love with those Welsh Longbows!

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people. ~Anonymous
Romano British AAR ~Defunct.
Kingdom of Albion AAR ~Finished 1/26/08.
WRE Migration/Defensive AAR ~Defunct.
Numidian Defensive AAR ~Ongoing
posted 18 June 2008 11:46 EDT (US)     24 / 34  
I'll vote EB then.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
posted 18 June 2008 11:49 EDT (US)     25 / 34  
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Voting for Mod To Play In Next Official RTWH Swap
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames