Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Murderous Masquerade Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 21 22 23 24 25 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 42  Next Page »
posted 06-23-12 01:24 PM CT (US)   

Somewhere in the royal castle...

“Your Majesty, thank God I have found you in time! You are in the gravest danger. One hour ago a maid found a broken window in the West Tower and since then six people have been killed – six! Two of them were armed guards who didn’t even have time to draw their swords. We are dealing with a highly accomplished assassin. But do not despair, for I have a plan that may yet mean all will be well. With a masked ball I hope to keep you hidden in plain sight for long enough for me to ride to the city barracks and return with enough soldiers to search and secure the castle thoroughly. Until then, we must trust to secrecy and the vigilance of your loyal guards and subjects. I will be back by first light...”

Having rushed out this ominous warning, the Commander of the Guard turned on his heel and strode down the passage as quickly as the circumstances allowed. He stopped only to disembowel a suspicious tapestry. He left behind King James, ruler of the realm by divine right, who at the moment was looking like he’d prefer to have been born a peasant a thousand miles away. A masquerade was an unusual stratagem, but it was all he had. He only wished that the Commander had thought to tell him who his loyal guards left behind to protect him actually were. It didn’t seem prudent though, to wander the castle trying to discover the answer.

The masquerade had begun by the time the ancient clock in the Bell Tower struck seven in the evening, and by this time everyone had heard about the assassin. A few dozen assorted members of the royal court were assembled in the Great Hall, all identities concealed behind masks and cloaks. The atmosphere was unusually strained, and for once the King wasn’t showing off and being the centre of attention, which was at least a small mercy. One tiny flaw in the Commander’s plan was that no sign of the assassin had been seen for some while, and it was beginning to look as if he (or perhaps she) had decided to join in with the occasion. The more adventurous courtiers felt that it brightened up the dullness of court life somewhat that at any moment an assassin might throw off his mask and cut someone’s throat, or that a disguised guard might suddenly decapitate someone for looking a bit sinister.

Rules
1. Any questions or emails about your role should be directed to masquerademafia@yahoo.co.uk.
2. Votes should be in the format Vote: NameOfPlayer, although small deviations in the formatting and spelling don’t matter. Players are requested to unvote as a courtesy, but it is not required in order to change your vote.
3. No quoting role emails. Paraphrase, and paraphrase properly.
4. No discussing the game outside this thread unless your role email specifically allows it.
5. No strategising in the thread during the Night.
6. No posting once you are dead while the game is on-going. A sole exception for a single ‘Bah!’ post after you die, which should not reveal any new information.
7. No editing posts. Posting multiple times in a row is fine.
8. Broadly speaking, stay within the spirit of the game. I have discretion over the enforcement of this rule, but really, no one should fall foul of it unless they’re being silly. You know what the basic mafia rules are.

Hosting Notes
1. Nothing is completely unknown to the players; if something has happened then collectively the players know exactly what it was. Questions dealing with hypotheticals such as “are failed kills declared in the thread?” will be answered publicly on request.
2. For reference, no, failed night-kills are not declared in the thread. I err on the side of not disclosing information publicly.
3. Role emails are guaranteed to be true, are reasonably comprehensive, and are precise as is practically possible. Any ambiguity in them will be clarified on request.
4. Everything in bold text and everything in this post (except italicised text) is guaranteed to be true. Everything in italics is unrelated to the actual working of the game and just exists to add interest.
5. I don’t do things like claim lists. This is the players’ responsibility, and I don’t want to accidentally influence you by framing someone’s claim in a particular way.
6. Night actions are resolved in a logical order: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution
7. Day actions are resolved in the order in which they happen. If someone is day-killed and then, immediately after that, places the hammer vote on a bandwagon, then they were dead before the vote and so the vote doesn’t count. Similarly, day-kill attempts made after someone has already met the lynch threshold won’t be considered.
8. I will not respond in this thread during the game to anything other than questions, vote count requests and game events. Criticism and the like will go unanswered until the end of the game.
9. Keep the game reasonably active if you want to avoid a deadline. I will be reluctant to extend deadlines, and won’t extend them for long no matter what. If you’re going to be unable to post for 72 hours or more, please announce this in the thread in advance if possible.

Public Information
1. At any time during any day except the first, anyone may post “DAYKILL: NameOfPlayer” in the thread to attempt a day-kill. As with voting, small deviations in formatting and spelling don’t matter. As many of you will know from your role emails, not everyone actually has a day-kill, and when such a person attempts one nothing will happen. However, a small number of players do have day-kills. By “small”, all that is guaranteed is that it is a minority of starting players. The Assassin and the individual Guards each have a single day-kill.
2. The game will end when all players still in the game have compatible win conditions; essentially this means when no one wants anyone else dead.
3. All members of the ‘town’ have the following passage in their role email:
“You are one of the Courtiers, which is essentially a town faction that wins or loses together. Your win condition is that at least one Courtier must be alive at the end of the game, so you only need to worry about people who want the Courtiers dead. The game will end when all players still in the game have compatible win conditions. Note that you do not need the King to survive in order to win. However, bear in mind that if the King does die that will remove a number of people from the game; you might consider this to make your task easier or harder or neither.”
4. The Assassin wins if he is still alive when the King dies. If they die simultaneously, that is a win for the Assassin. This does not end the game, but will remove the Assassin from it.
5. The King wins if he is still alive at the end of the game. The Guards win with the King, or die with him (automatically).
6. The Guards know the identity of the King, but not vice versa.
7. The host will try to turn up at intervals of 24 hours after the start of each Day as accurately as possible, to do a vote count and a lynch post if applicable. The result of day-kills, and other events that may happen, will also be declared at this time. This is so that there is an element of predictability to how these mechanics will work.
8. When someone dies, the parts of their role email that describe the abilities and passive attributes of their role will be posted in the thread.
9. Players are advised to be careful, as there are some unforgiving elements to this setup. If you expose the King on Day 2 and he is then murdered right in front of you as a result, that is just too bad.
10. Although this game bears some resemblance to the Assassins in the Palace setup, that is only one aspect of the game. I would still encourage those who don’t like that setup to play.
11. This game is a day start, but the starting day is special in that no day-kills may take place.

The story so far...
Those present sit down for a feast.
Things get heated after the meal.
First blood is drawn, and an innocent killed.
Two murders, and the King loses an ally.
A fight breaks out.
Some revellers are lightly wounded.
Disaster strikes, or rather the assassin does.
A plot is uncovered.
Not even the servants can be trusted, and a great noble is lost.
Fear of poison haunts the Great Hall.
Someone breaks under the pressure, and pays the price.
Another man is lost to an unknown enemy.
Burn, sinners, burn!

Still lost in this lonely game we play (9/21):

Mozzarella Man
CarolKarine Sarn II
Thymole
Newt_Gunray
Maegereg
Major Helper
Herr Heir
Ser Periagil
Sassenach

Could not find the right words to say (11/21):

Popeychops - The Cook - Courtiers - One Shot Poisoner
Matt LiVecchi - Sir Walter - Guard
Pulse_of_Shift - Lord Syme - Courtiers - Letter Mason
SodaMister - King James - The King
Rotaretilbo - Sir Edwin - Guard
Vox Nihili WingedFlamez - Captain Oswick - Guard

WRP - Earl of Tarporley - Plotters - Doctor
Sarn - Duke of Chalfont - Courtiers - Royal Advisor
lordofglory - Lord Vandervell - Courtiers - Deputy Poison Doctor
SirDante - The Physician - Courtiers - Poison Doctor

Leif Ericson - Court Magician - Mysterious Recruiter

Escaped to Victory - (1/21)

Henrz - The Assassin

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 08-12-2012 @ 01:50 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-16-12 04:41 PM CT (US)     1101 / 2102  
That's right, all times given are forum time.

posted 07-16-12 04:48 PM CT (US)     1102 / 2102  
Bold text.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 07-16-12 07:33 PM CT (US)     1103 / 2102  
That's a bold statement, Mozzy.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
"God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
-Sodamister
"I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz
posted 07-16-12 09:18 PM CT (US)     1104 / 2102  
Yes, yes, very droll. Make fun of the guy who can no longer make rational font choices why don't you.

posted 07-16-12 09:32 PM CT (US)     1105 / 2102  
Did someone say rational!

posted 07-16-12 10:04 PM CT (US)     1106 / 2102  
Your mother was a hamster.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 07-17-12 00:53 AM CT (US)     1107 / 2102  
I'd upvote you if I could, Soda. Rarely does HG make me laugh (in a happy way) anymore.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 07-17-12 02:30 PM CT (US)     1108 / 2102  
For some time, little happened. One or two remarks were made in an attempt to lighten the mood, but met only strained laughter. People milled about aimlessly, and for the most part tried to stay as far away from anyone else as possible.

At last, someone cried out. "Everyone, come here! There's been a murder!"

Sure enough, underneath one of the tables was huddled the figure of a man in a zebra mask who had been walking among them not twenty minutes before, but now had a dagger wedged in his back. There was a rush as everyone tried to get a closer look. Someone was even knocked over. The mask of the corpse was gingerly removed to reveal the features of Sir Walter, who had maintained his habitual sneer even in death. The King had lost one of his most stalwart men.

No one had spoken before it was noticed that the person knocked over in the stampede hadn't got up. From the spreading pool of blood, it wasn't likely they were going to either. Much more carefully this time, the crowd assembled around the victim. When his identity was revealed, some of the courtiers reeled back in shock while others fanned themselves. Many of them had known and liked Lord Syme and his jovial sense of humour. It seemed that not everyone felt that way however, as now he had been silenced forever.

People were starting to turn away in search of something to drink and take their mind off these horrible events, but one had the idea of searching Lord Syme's pockets. They unearthed a couple of letters, indicating that the Lord had been in secret contact with his friend and fellow aristocrat, Lord Oliver.

Matt LiVecchi has been killed. He was Sir Walter, a Guard.

Pulse_of_Shift has been killed. He was Lord Syme, a Letter Mason.
You and the rest of the Guards all have the ability to make one day-kill. [...] In addition, if the Assassin is killed, any Guards still alive at that point lose their day-kill. Why? Let’s say it’s because individual Guards are only allowed to use deadly force when their orders from their Commander permit, and the Commander has on this occasion only authorised this until the Assassin is dealt with.

If you use your day-kill on a person who isn’t the Assassin, from that point onward you will return incriminating results to any Sane Cop or similar role. Essentially, you will become a Miller. The same applies to other Guards.
You are a close ally of Lord Oliver, who you know to be a fellow loyal Courtier. You have devised a system where you can leave letters in a secret corner somewhere in the royal castle, and one of your friend’s trusted servants will take it to him. Any message you want to send to your ally at any time, send it to me and make it clear that you want it sent. It will be received by your ally, anonymously, at the start of the following Day. Perhaps communicating outside the thread with a confirmed colleague will be beneficial?

But there is a sour note. Recently the two of you have become suspicious that someone is opening your letters. Be very wary what you send in your letters, as it seems that there is a plot against the two of you. In fact, you should be extremely wary of giving any clues in your letters or in the thread as to your character as the consequences of exposing yourself may be dire.
It is now Day 2. With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. Day-kills are now possible.

posted 07-17-12 02:43 PM CT (US)     1109 / 2102  
I sent my letter to the King, hopefully there's some way for him to confirm.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 07-17-12 02:44 PM CT (US)     1110 / 2102  
So why did Pulse die? Did Thymole kill him?

posted 07-17-12 02:45 PM CT (US)     1111 / 2102  
Random.org says 1.

Daykill: Mozzy

To prove I'm not the assassin.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 07-17-12 02:46 PM CT (US)     1112 / 2102  
At any rate that confirms Maeg, which is good.

I can't see Thymole shooting Pulse over CK especially since one of them was slated to be investigated. Either CK is iron, Thymole was blocked, or Thymole targeted WRP and he made good his claim of somehow managing to jail himself.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 07-17-12 02:47 PM CT (US)     1113 / 2102  
Thymole, Care to explain why your execution didn't go through ? I assume you didn't just forget to accept the order what with your usual activity levels. Did you get any kind of message indicating you'd been blocked ?

Also, what did Mozzy learn ? If he went after Pulse or Maeg then I guess this won't be anything we don't already know, but I don't recall there being any final agreement on the cop target.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 07-17-12 02:48 PM CT (US)     1114 / 2102  
That sounds like a good idea WRP.

Daykill :WRP

To show that I'm not the assassin.

posted 07-17-12 02:56 PM CT (US)     1115 / 2102  
Hmm, actually there's already a potential explanation for the failed execution isn't there ? I missed it because I wasn't very active the last couple of days and forgot that the kill had been switched from CK to WRP, who said he was going to do the jailer thing on himself to prevent dying.

We do obviously need to decide how much of that story to believe though.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 07-17-12 03:13 PM CT (US)     1116 / 2102  
I always get killed night one. I think I must have too combative a personality.

Good luck to the king and guards.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-17-12 03:25 PM CT (US)     1117 / 2102  
Hey, what the hell is happening?

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 07-17-12 03:28 PM CT (US)     1118 / 2102  
Oh, to prove I'm not an assassin,

Daykill: Herr

Sass, Thymole could choose to carry out the execution or not. Although, it was evident that Carol was to be executed, why he'd think otherwise, he would tell us.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 07-17-12 03:29 PM CT (US)     1119 / 2102  
I told you that plan was stupid. Yes, I shot wrp. He was obviously going to block me. Interestingly I got a kill order for Maeg and Dante as well. For what its worth I was actually asking for a kill order on Maeg or Pulse to see if it would come at all. I had thought I would only have two bidders, one town and one scum, so I thought it might help figure their alignment if an order came. Believe it or not, its not really important. I did, however, think they were in fact scum.

Can we get a daykill on WRP?
posted 07-17-12 03:35 PM CT (US)     1120 / 2102  
Why does everyone hate me Q.Q

posted 07-17-12 03:39 PM CT (US)     1121 / 2102  
I didn't jail you, I jailed myself. Now that I think of it, I could have jailed you as well.

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 07-17-12 03:39 PM CT (US)     1122 / 2102  
Not to put a damper on stuff but if WRP blocked Thymole then the guards would be unlikely to target him cause he won't be the assassin.

posted 07-17-12 03:41 PM CT (US)     1123 / 2102  
I investigated Hernz but my investigation did not go through.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-17-12 03:47 PM CT (US)     1124 / 2102  
You jailed yourself?

Even more unlikely. That creates a paradox.

Julius, would a failed kill caused by protection be reported in the thread?
posted 07-17-12 03:48 PM CT (US)     1125 / 2102  
My role email says that if I successfully protect someone, it isn't mentioned in the thread.

posted 07-17-12 03:50 PM CT (US)     1126 / 2102  
It's also in the OP.

posted 07-17-12 04:04 PM CT (US)     1127 / 2102  
Okay WRP, firstly I cannot jail myself, secondly it doesn't mention anything to do with things in writeups because it says so in the OP.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 07-17-12 04:06 PM CT (US)     1128 / 2102  
Henrz, does your role email explicitly say you can't jail yourself or is it something that you cleared up with Julius ?

posted 07-17-12 04:12 PM CT (US)     1129 / 2102  
I asked him, it did occur to me that it might work. But his explanation was that its treated as 2 different actions on myself and thus I would paradox.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
posted 07-17-12 04:29 PM CT (US)     1130 / 2102  
His reply to my question was different. He said that I could use the action on myself, which would result in a protection alone.

posted 07-17-12 04:32 PM CT (US)     1131 / 2102  
Well yes, it does seem somewhat paradoxical, which I'm never keen on. In Imaginarium I called out Thymole's claim for being paradoxical and several people assured me that there are a number of paradoxes in mafia and this isn't a problem, but he turned out to be scum.

We should probably see what our guards group has in mind before deciding how to proceed though. It's a good job they'd abandoned their plan for an early blitz because the thread has been up for a couple of hours now and none of them have been seen...

posted 07-17-12 04:40 PM CT (US)     1132 / 2102  
Well Rot is probably asleep right now and Soda isn't anywhere to be seen in general, so it might still come.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
posted 07-17-12 04:41 PM CT (US)     1133 / 2102  
Julius are self daykills possible?

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
"FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
"Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
posted 07-17-12 04:45 PM CT (US)     1134 / 2102  
Julius, would a failed kill caused by protection be reported in the thread?
No. Failed kills aren't reported, of any kind (see hosting notes).
Julius are self daykills possible?
No. Nor are self votes.

By the way, Mozzy's biting satire has prompted me to cut back on bold text. Anything I write in the thread other than italicised flavour is still guaranteed to be true.

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 07-17-2012 @ 04:48 PM).]

posted 07-17-12 05:10 PM CT (US)     1135 / 2102  
That's unfortunate. we can't tell if someone has a REALLY delayed kill.

/Paranoid Parrot.

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
"FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
"Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
posted 07-17-12 05:24 PM CT (US)     1136 / 2102  
That's ridiculous. How would it work if the Assassin used a delayed kill on the King and then one of the Guards killed the Assassin immediately? Who would win?

posted 07-17-12 05:33 PM CT (US)     1137 / 2102  
@Julius: In the OP it says that if the assassin and the king die simultaneously, the assassin wins. What if the assassin and the king are daykilled on the same day, but the king is daykilled after the assassin (more than 24 hours later, so in a different writeup)? And what if the assassin is daykilled and on the same day the king is lynched?

posted 07-17-12 05:36 PM CT (US)     1138 / 2102  
In the spirit of proving I'm not the assassin:

Daykill: Gil

So. My first (and primary) thought is that the guards are going to be absolutely raging.
That's ridiculous. How would it work if the Assassin used a delayed kill on the King and then one of the Guards killed the Assassin immediately? Who would win?
I'm sure random.org and it's wonderful trickery will be put to good use. Or, since Julius probably isn't as lazy a host as me, some kind of integer or the like.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 07-17-12 06:30 PM CT (US)     1139 / 2102  
Daykill WRP

This is a rather cheap method but on the assumption that the guards will shoot, this is undeniably effective.
posted 07-17-12 06:37 PM CT (US)     1140 / 2102  
THe poisoner has been written as poisonor in the OP.

Daykill: Thymole

to prove I'm not the assassin.

Also, for some reason, I now have a pitch black, evil looking tattoo onmy left hand. There isn't any mention of me turning into a miller if I send my execution order, so I don't know what to make of it.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 07-17-12 06:55 PM CT (US)     1141 / 2102  
Go go courtiers!

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 07-17-12 07:29 PM CT (US)     1142 / 2102  
So...

Has anyone read Matt's role? Just saying...
posted 07-17-12 07:58 PM CT (US)     1143 / 2102  
Does it matter?

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 07-17-12 08:07 PM CT (US)     1144 / 2102  
Wait, sorry, back there when you asked whether failed kills are announced in the thread, were you referring to day-kills? Because those definitely are announced publicly. It's only night-kills which aren't, and I thought you were referring to them (due to the surrounding talk about why a night-kill hadn't gone through).
In the OP it says that if the assassin and the king die simultaneously, the assassin wins. What if the assassin and the king are daykilled on the same day, but the king is daykilled after the assassin (more than 24 hours later, so in a different writeup)?
The Assassin died before the King, so the Assassin loses. This is true even if they are announced as dead in the same writeup, as day-kills are chronological.
And what if the assassin is daykilled and on the same day the king is lynched?
Likewise, the Assassin died first so the Assassin loses. "Simultaneous" refers only to the case of both Assassin and King dying in the night, or dying due to poison at the same time. Or otherwise dying at precisely the same time.
Delayed kills are (presumably) delayed, so they only take effect later. If the Assassin dies before the kill takes effect, then they died too soon.

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 07-17-2012 @ 08:38 PM).]

posted 07-17-12 09:01 PM CT (US)     1145 / 2102  
I doubt there's serious doubt on this point, but to prove I'm not lying about having a daykill, Daykill: Newt

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 07-17-12 09:23 PM CT (US)     1146 / 2102  
Yes it does. Because Matt repeatedly rallied against the lordy stating that he was not the king.
posted 07-17-12 09:27 PM CT (US)     1147 / 2102  
Might have been him trying to get people to believe he's not the king.

posted 07-17-12 09:39 PM CT (US)     1148 / 2102  
On a more constructive note, I think Henrz and WRP's roles are now shown to be pretty clearly mutually contradictory.

Julius, do you guarantee that all roles work the same way? Or, to put it another way, if two people are, say, jailkeepers, do you garuantee that their roles work the same way, or can they have different capabilities with the same role?

Even if we can't get an answer to that (which seems likely), I still think it's unlikely that Julius would have defined any role in more than one way- I'm pretty sure he'd have a single logical way that a jailkeeper would work. I suppose there's a chance he'd differentiate on flavor, but even on those grounds, Henrz should be able to drug himself and have himself taken off somewhere safe just as easily as WRP can lock himself in a room. So, in conclusion, I think one or the other is probably scum. Which remains the question.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 07-17-12 10:05 PM CT (US)     1149 / 2102  
I'd heavily place my bets on WRP.
posted 07-17-12 10:21 PM CT (US)     1150 / 2102  
Julius, do you guarantee that all roles work the same way? Or, to put it another way, if two people are, say, jailkeepers, do you garuantee that their roles work the same way, or can they have different capabilities with the same role?
Because no one's role email refers to their role using terms like "Jailer" the issue doesn't arise. People's abilities work in the way they are described in the role email.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 21 22 23 24 25 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 42  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Murderous Masquerade Mafia - Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames