You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: “Strategic Objectives” Challenge – and the 22 winners are........
posted 10-11-07 10:17 AM EDT (US)   
The “Strategic Objectives” Challenge has been concluded and now it is time to announce the winners who won a prize via a drawing.

The following is the list of the 22 winners and the prizes they won:

Ossian - Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Dragonred2 - Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
SlayerofMoose - Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Miespuffel - Medieval 2: Total War
CoopCooper - Supreme Commander
Nick H. - Supreme Commander
Russell G. – Company of Heroes
Seith - Company of Heroes
HeroLenny - Empire Earth 2 Platinum Edition
DarthLeon - Rise of Legends
AN_Nuisance - Rise of Legends
Kingpheonix - Rise of Legends
Cyclohexane - Lord of the Rings: The Middle Earth II
Demand - Lord of the Rings: The Middle Earth II
Marton - Star Wars: Empire at War
Beatnik Joe - Rome: Total War
Bob Ross - Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War
David B. - Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War
4ypo4ka - AOE3: The War Chiefs
RF_Gandalf - AOE3: The War Chiefs
Walker_5 - AOE3: The War Chiefs
Agni T. - AOE3: The War Chiefs

Congratulations to all winners.
Prizes will be shipped within the next few days.

Special thanks to Ensemble Studios for implementing CSO.

I want to thank Schildpad (also known as Furby_Killer) for helping me test the various “Strategic Objectives” scenarios and for his important advice.
Schildpad’s help and feedback was most valuable.

I want to thank pftq for his great “Advanced Effects” that helped me enhance the AI to a new level, and to introduce the “Building Fixed Guns” feature.

I also want to thank somme for his brilliant “Villager Second Calculator” which I used for the free units balancing, and to kjn for making the screen shots for me.

I would like to remind everybody that the “Strategic Objectives” 1V1 Online Tournament has already started a week ago and that it will continue until the end of the month.
There are 15 additional prizes for this tournament including 5 copies of “AOE3: The Asian Dynasties” so don’t miss this opportunity and sign up here:
Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder

Please note that we have here a group of very talented and dedicated custom scenario designers who are working very hard to provide the community with top quality custom scenarios.
So please show your support and appreciation by playing some of the available custom scenarios and give the designers some feedback in the form of comments, suggestions, and even posting reviews for the custom scenarios that you played.

The following are the link to the custom scenarios download pages:
Single Player Scenarios Downloads
Multiplayer Scenarios Downloads

Thank you,

Moshe Levi

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 10-11-2007 @ 10:22 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-11-07 10:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21  
Sweeeeet! Thanks a ton for putting on this contest, Moshe! I had a blast with all of the scenarios -- they were consistently excellent. You really did a great job!

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 10-11-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 21  
Woo Hoo! Any chance of you telling us how many proofs the winners sent in? or maybe how many players entered?

Woo hoo C&C!

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 10-11-07 02:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21  
That is excellent. Free stuff for playing a great scenario! The objectives came at a great time when online play was not practical for me (to many pauses) and beating the hard computer was actually hard.

Thank you MosheLevi

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

-TAD GUIDE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference -or view online: On-line
AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON SPREADSHEET: Unit Comparison Spreadsheet

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous
posted 10-12-07 06:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 21  
Excellent! I'm really glad you take time and effort out of your on life to help others. Scenarios where excellently designed.
posted 10-12-07 10:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 21  

Thank you guys,

It was fun for me to make these scenarios and knowing that other people have fun playing them is a very nice bonus.

For players that haven’t participated or haven’t won in the Strategic Objectives Challenge, I would like to remind you that the Strategic Objectives 1V1 Online Tournament is still going on and it has 15 more game prizes (including 5 copies of AOE3: TAD).
So you have another opportunity to win a prize.

So go and sign up for the Strategic Objectives 1V1 Online Tournament.
It’s not too late to do so.
posted 10-12-07 03:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21  
Thank you for the generous prize.

But especially thank you for your work on behalf of the rest of us.
posted 10-12-07 04:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21  
Thanks!
Thanks for spending your time to benefit the community.

posted 10-14-07 04:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21  
Moshe,
Another great Challenge. Looking forward to the next set of Strategic Objectives. Keep up the great work. I just wish I was better at online play.

Thank you for your time and effort and of course the prize
posted 10-17-07 12:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21  
This and the online ones are awesome! I love Strategic Objectives! Are you going to make a 2v2 Strategic Objectives? That would be amazing.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 10-17-07 01:41 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21  
This and the online ones are awesome! I love Strategic Objectives! Are you going to make a 2v2 Strategic Objectives? That would be amazing.
Thank you Catabre for your kind words.

I would love to make 2V2 Strategic Objectives for all human players and for 2 human VS 2 AI’s.
However, that requires a lot of work so I would like to see some demand for it first so my time is not wasted.

So if I see that players keep playing these scenarios online and new players are joining them, then I will do it in the future.

So it’s really up to you guys.

By the way, I am planning to keep the “Strategic Objectives 1V1 ladder going after the tournament ends on October 31.
After that I will continue to give 1 game prize once a month via drawing.

In order to qualify to be in that drawing players need to play at least 1 game that month and be among the top50% of the players.

So go ahead and sign up for that ladder.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 10-17-2007 @ 01:45 PM).]

posted 10-25-07 05:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 21  
Hey, not that Im complaining, but my most valuable prize has not showed up yet. Is that normal?

[This message has been edited by DarthLeon (edited 10-25-2007 @ 05:27 AM).]

posted 10-25-07 12:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21  
Can come now any day (if nothing went wrong). Moshe isnt really crazy (i hope), so he sent it with cheapest airmail. Then it takes 1-2 weeks iirc.

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 10-25-07 01:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21  
I already got mine, and I'm in Europe too.

AgeSanctuary Staff member.
posted 10-25-07 01:34 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21  
Good grief that's alot of winners!

Nice job with the contests, Moshe.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 10-25-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21  
I got it last Thursday and I've already beat the GDI SPC, and played some M player, it's really fun thanks a bunch Moshe

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 10-26-07 05:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21  
He lives in New mexico, right? I live in AZ. Thats only 1 state away. Well, Ill just keep waiting.

ps. I just looked,He lives in Texas, oops.

[This message has been edited by DarthLeon (edited 10-26-2007 @ 05:50 PM).]

posted 10-28-07 10:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21  

Just got back from a 10 day vacation.
Hey, not that Im complaining, but my most valuable prize has not showed up yet. Is that normal?
DarthLeon,

I haven’t sent you the prize yet because I don’t have your full name.
I sent you an email two weeks ago requesting to know your full name but I haven't got a response from you yet.
I will send you your prize as soon as I have your full name, so please respond to my emails.

-----

I mailed all the prizes two weeks ago except for a few of them where I didn’t have the complete mailing address with a full name.

US residents should have got the prize by now and for other countries it can take from 1 to 4 weeks for the prize to deliver.
posted 11-01-07 04:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21  
Oh god, ok. Just a sec. I had told you in an email on 9/18, but I guess you missed it. I sent an email to both your addresses, just in case. The fact that you havent sent it yet is a bit releiving.

[This message has been edited by DarthLeon (edited 11-01-2007 @ 04:28 PM).]

posted 11-01-07 06:20 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21  

DarthLeon,

Thank you for your reply.

Perhaps I did miss it, but with hundreds of emails that is not surprising.
That is why I ask everybody to include all their information with every email they send.

In any case, I will ship you your prize soon.
posted 11-05-07 04:20 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21  
The game just showed up. Thanks again moshe.
posted 11-05-07 04:26 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21  
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » “Strategic Objectives” Challenge – and the 22 winners are........
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames