You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A.I forced to attack/defend in multiple areas?
posted 07-12-07 05:52 PM EDT (US)   
is there a way (mainly using triggers) to force the A.I to attack in choosen areas and defends in others, but attack and defend in multiple areas on the map at once, and part two of that is how do you change the pop limit, i want more than 200. my asain map is going to be the best one i made so far. i made a ton of single player mission maps, and some other ones that are 2v2,3v3 (all are single player so far untill the patch.)
Replies:
posted 07-13-07 11:23 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Triggering is the best way as the ai is pretty stupid. Use a string with "is alive" for any building they come out of and "army is dead" to make, and timers. Try not to use the same "ghost Army" on the board at the same time and not at all if possible.
posted 07-13-07 04:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
that didn't really help, i need the A.I to attack several base at once while defend several others, and the pop limit is going to different somehow, but i was thinking more than 3 A.I doing that attacking and defends several base at once, and once someone can help with that my best map, and maybe the best map on Age of empires will be ready to make. when dynasty expansion comes out.
posted 07-13-07 05:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Cool, enjoy.
posted 07-14-07 02:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Matt slow down and listen.

The AI sucks very bad. You will have to create your own AI via triggers like sziggi said. So brush up on your trigger skills and get to work.
posted 07-16-07 05:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
The AI sucks very bad. You will have to create your own AI via triggers
What he said.

You also need to use “Age3AI” instead of “AILoadStandard”, because you cannot control units that are controlled by “AILoadStandard” (the AI takes over and gives conflicting orders).

IMO, the best way is to use both “Age3AI” and “AILoadStandard” (one for each AI) so the player actually plays against two AI’s.

Set the “AILoadStandard” on “Moderate” difficulty via the “Difficulty” custom effect, and then create ghosts armies periodically under “Age3AI” (the second AI).
At that point you will have full control over these units.

Use “Army Deploy” and “Army move to Point/Unit” to send the AI’s armies to attack or defend strategic points.

You can deploy the armies near the AI’s TC periodically (via timer) under the condition “Is Alive” (for the AI’s TC).

Make sure that the “Army move to Point/Unit” effects are with “Attack=on”.

Later on you can check if those ghost armies are still alive and you can give them new “Move To …” commands.
If these armies are “dead” then you can re-create them via the “Deploy Army” effect.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A.I forced to attack/defend in multiple areas?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames