Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What would you do?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-08-10 02:14 PM CT (US)   
Imagine yourself, alone on a beach. Suddenly a body floats up on the beach, unconscious. You turn the person around to find out that he is alive, but not breathing. Exactly when you're gonna do CPR, you see that the person suffer of oral herpes!

What would you do? If you don't do CPR, the person will die!

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 12-08-2010 @ 02:15 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-08-10 02:31 PM CT (US)     1 / 47  
Imagine yourself, alone on a beach. Suddenly a body floats up on the beach, unconscious.
I rob the person and kick in the persons ribcage for the hell of it. Don't need to read the rest.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 12-08-10 02:37 PM CT (US)     2 / 47  
So, you would just kick his ass and then walk away with a life on your conscience for the rest of your life. If you do CPR, it's great chance he will survive.
posted 12-08-10 02:37 PM CT (US)     3 / 47  
Day 1:
I wait 15 minutes. That man doesn't wake up, I search for something sharp and resort at cannibalism eating his meat. Then I take his bones and make a SOS message( like I the entry I made for CSC in Lost round) with them.
Day 2:
Then I try to stop the meat to spoil and I wrap them into some large leaves. I try to eat just a little piece of meat every day, so I won't run out of food.
Day 3:
No plane, nor helicopter, nor ship came near the island. I try to make a boat with some resistant, but soft wood, then sail into the sea.
Day 4:
I can see some stormy clouds on the sky. I don't feel very well; the food spoiled and the boat seem to be damaged by the waves. But, it starts... the storm started.
Day 5:
I barely survived after the storm. It's so good that it ended. One of boat's logs is broken and I'll try to use it as an oar. But,... what do I see? It's a city. I'm close to civilization.
Day 6:
After I landed, some friendly men came to see what' happening. They told that I'm in Australia and they will try to bring me back in my home country.
Day 7:
I slept very well in my hotel room yesterday. It is good to see myself safe again. Those people that I met yesterday bought me a plane ticket to bring me back to home.
Day 8:
I returned home. My mother was so happy that I'm alive. Now I'm happy too that I'm back and I can't believe that I have eaten human meat.

The 1st Most Improved Forummer of 2010.
The 3rd Most Improved Designer of both 2009 and 2010.
Obviously, member of the great and the well known BlackForest Studios.
Was host of Continous Screenshot Competition I at AoEHeaven.

[This message has been edited by Fanica (edited 12-08-2010 @ 02:40 PM).]

posted 12-08-10 02:45 PM CT (US)     4 / 47  
"What's with all these bodies floating around, did Scuddles start a Desert Island Survival again? Oh well."

Then I would go back to sleep, or have a long detailed discussion with the other survivors about how deep the latrine should be dug.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-08-10 02:46 PM CT (US)     5 / 47  
Is it impossible to have a reasonable discussion on these forums?
posted 12-08-10 02:47 PM CT (US)     6 / 47  
No, but I'm still thinking about my serious answer.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 12-08-10 02:55 PM CT (US)     7 / 47  
Not with Aro/morgoth/Bart around.
posted 12-08-10 03:16 PM CT (US)     8 / 47  
Please keep it serious then, PLEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE
posted 12-08-10 03:39 PM CT (US)     9 / 47  
Just oral herpes you say?

Put a sock in his mouth, turn him around and blow in air from the other direction.

None of us are free, one of us is chained.
posted 12-08-10 04:13 PM CT (US)     10 / 47  
Short answer: No. Long answer: Nooooooooooooooo.
Just oral herpes you say?

Put a sock in his mouth, turn him around and blow in air from the other direction.
Or just use it (or basically anything) as a makeshift mouth guard. (Unrelated: This was one of Google images result for "cpr mouth guard." Wacky.)

Then again, if a dead-looking body lands on a beach and it's been in the water for a long time I think it'd be hard to confirm if they've got a case of herpes or just general results of being probably under the sun (they'd have to have been face up most of the time to stay alive) and being soaked in salt water for a while. Either way, makeshift mouth guard. Yeah.

Unless you're hungry in which case you can rationalise that they're going to die anyway and eat them. I mean, I love sea food.
Not with Aro/morgoth/Bart around.
Oh, so I'm not not-serious and off-topicy enough?

"While I'm profaning I might as well do the whole f*cking thing."
-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 12-08-10 05:25 PM CT (US)     11 / 47  
or have a long detailed discussion with the other survivors
read the OP.

okay take it from someone who has been in this situation.
first thing i do is bury the body. then i would immedietly scout AND map the island taking careful notes of the locations of clean water, food sources and suitable camp locations.

then build a shelter near the nearest patch of berries.

now that my food source is running low ill make a few spears to start hunting locally wildlife.

then i would build a barracks and train a few militia to defend against flushes.....

This post has been approved by IDA
(International Display of Awesomeness Est: 1992)

All rights reserved. All components including (but not limited to) text, images, opinions and ideas remain the property of murray jnr. Deal with it.

[This message has been edited by murray jnr (edited 12-08-2010 @ 05:27 PM).]

posted 12-08-10 05:36 PM CT (US)     12 / 47  
This thread is a bit like some of the ones that Faddy used to make, except that Fake Basse is obviously, for some (perhaps sinister) reason very passionate about the subject. What've you been up to, you scoundrel?

-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 12-08-10 05:56 PM CT (US)     13 / 47  
I'm actually waiting until Bart replies. That way I can judge whether my response will be suitable or not
posted 12-08-10 05:56 PM CT (US)     14 / 47  
I would buy a camera, prop the body upright, and produce a stop-motion film of him doing the Soulja Boy dance.
posted 12-08-10 05:59 PM CT (US)     15 / 47  
There you go.

Also, OWM, you're not disruptive enough.

[This message has been edited by Peralta (edited 12-08-2010 @ 06:01 PM).]

posted 12-08-10 06:55 PM CT (US)     16 / 47  
You can perform life saving functions without oral contact:

1, the lungs are probably full of water, so, rescue breaths are pointless anyway. Immediately start chest compressions to force water out and keep the heart going.

2, call for emergency professionals.

3, call a lawyer. How much money will you get if you save his life and you get herpes?

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
posted 12-08-10 07:16 PM CT (US)     17 / 47  
Let someone else deal with it.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
posted 12-08-10 11:56 PM CT (US)     18 / 47  
Since a few new studies are saying that you don't need to do the mouth-to-mouth portion of CPR most of the time, do chest compressions while placing an emergency call on my Bluetooth headset.

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
posted 12-09-10 00:36 AM CT (US)     19 / 47  
To follow up ax and myself: most non-professional CPR training assumes that if the subject is not breathing then their heart is not beating. Like ax said, you leave out rescue breathes in some more modern procedures, including the Red Cross (though I think right now they are 30 compressions to 2 breathes).

That being said we can pretty much assume that the victim suffered from asphyxiation so rescue breathes would be a requirement. We can also pretty much assume that the victims lungs are full of water which would negate rescue breathes.

So, like ax and I said, chest compressions until more qualified medical assistance arrived.

Ultimately we don't know enough to make an good judgement on the best course of action.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
posted 12-09-10 01:46 AM CT (US)     20 / 47  
1, the lungs are probably full of water, so, rescue breaths are pointless anyway. Immediately start chest compressions to force water out and keep the heart going.
This is a very good point. I love it how we can nitpick the hell out of these things. But yeah, I've only had some really basic CPR training. Heath Ledger would've probably survived had his er, maid? or something known CPR, so guys it's essential to know CPR because who knows, you might some say be some celebrity's bitch and you might end up saving their life!
Also, OWM, you're not disruptive enough.

-- Christopher Hitchens
posted 12-09-10 09:49 AM CT (US)     21 / 47  
I'd stop imagining.

I win. Or, is that a so worn out excuse for an answer?

[This message has been edited by The Unconvincing Spook (edited 12-09-2010 @ 09:51 AM).]

posted 12-09-10 11:01 AM CT (US)     22 / 47  
Guys, I never said you were on an island with nobody around! I just said you were on a beach, alone. mouth-to-mouth would be necessary in this situation though
posted 12-09-10 01:38 PM CT (US)     23 / 47  
mouth-to-mouth would be necessary in this situation though
But we have established it would not be effective, so, is it necessary?

-Benjamin Franklin
posted 12-09-10 01:51 PM CT (US)     24 / 47  
Bah, if you don't do mouth-to-mouth he dies, no matter what you say! And mouth-to-mouth is standard CPR anyway... Why do they learn it if it is as "ineffective" as you say?
posted 12-09-10 02:20 PM CT (US)     25 / 47  
Imagine yourself, alone on a beach. Suddenly a body floats up on the beach, unconscious. You turn the person around to find out that he is alive, but not breathing. Exactly when you're gonna do CPR, you see that the person suffer of oral herpes!

What would you do? If you don't do CPR, the person will die!
Mouth-to-ass. Oral herpes can't be spread via the ass. At least, it hasn't in my experience, and this can accomplish our presumed motive of getting action while alone on the beach. Alternatively, you could give him a blow-job, but that's being a little forward. He'll be breathing pretty heavy after this.

This is pretty god damn sick by the way. You're so friggin' gross Basse.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » What would you do?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames