loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Terrain Changer Add-On
posted 04-22-07 11:11 PM CT (US)   
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=8368

Screenshots:

[JPEG, (494.32 KB)]
[JPEG, (377.54 KB)]

This modified AoK:TC dat file contains some terrain-changing objects. They are invisible buildings functioning like the bridges, but with different terrain-changing effect like dirts, farms, grasses...etc. They were to be added to Renaissance, but for some reason Oliver missed them so I decided to upload them as another file.

To install the new objects, you can first make a backup of your empires2_x1.dat or empires2_x1_p1.dat (1.0b or 1.0c) at your game data folder, then replace it with the one included in this zip file.

Please keep in mind that the new objects are not for initial placement on the map but for trigger usage, like the method for bridge objects to create or remove water and sand terrains. Also, both designers and players need to install this file in order to access the new objects.

Member of Tsunami Studios
Scenario T.C.: “Yes, the traitors can’t be terminated.”
Richard Ames: “Scenario_t_c should take care of them in a succinct but humorous fashion.”
Don Jorge de Leon: “Ave Trisolo! Vive Trisolo!”

[This message has been edited by Scenario_T_C (edited 04-22-2007 @ 11:17 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-22-07 11:26 PM CT (US)     1 / 9  
That looks fantastic!

Is there any chance that you could release either i) some instructions on how to add this to our own patches.txt, or ii) a copy of your patches.txt (assuming you did this with genied) so that we can include similar effects in our own .dat mods?

Keep up the good work,

regards,

Dave.

Don't post if you haven't checked this thread.
I am a card-carrying Tsunami Studios member. | Macbeth | Install Script Tutorial | Nineteen Years... | Put a timer in your scenario!
Piece By Piece (2) Progress Bar: | █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ | Download it now!
posted 04-23-07 03:17 AM CT (US)     2 / 9  
Excellent work T_C!

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 04-23-07 09:53 AM CT (US)     3 / 9  
Marvelous! I'll review it when I've tried it out!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 04-23-07 10:11 AM CT (US)     4 / 9  
*claps*

Good work, s_t_c!

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 04-23-2007 @ 10:12 AM).]

posted 04-23-07 10:35 AM CT (US)     5 / 9  
Looks very useful.

dannyking.me

[This message has been edited by newIdea (edited 04-23-2007 @ 10:35 AM).]

posted 04-23-07 10:56 AM CT (US)     6 / 9  
Very clever.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 04-23-07 04:46 PM CT (US)     7 / 9  
Another batch of previously useful tools thrown out the window. Good work.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 04-23-07 11:00 PM CT (US)     8 / 9  
Thanks for all your kind comments.

@Lord Basse

Thanks for the review, too. I would try to implemented some smaller roards later.

Member of Tsunami Studios
Scenario T.C.: “Yes, the traitors can’t be terminated.”
Richard Ames: “Scenario_t_c should take care of them in a succinct but humorous fashion.”
Don Jorge de Leon: “Ave Trisolo! Vive Trisolo!”
posted 04-24-07 01:30 AM CT (US)     9 / 9  
No problem

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Terrain Changer Add-On
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames