Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Parts of Towncenter
posted 02-15-10 04:52 PM CT (US)   
Hey everybody,

recently I have seen just the mainpart of a towncenter in a map...

I know that you can unlock this with GenieID and place it in the Editor...

The Problem is that when i place it and then I start the game, it is gone...

So....

I know that I could place it with a trigger but in the Map I saw this first it wasn't done with triggers...the thing was there already in the editor and it didn't vanish when I started the map...

Anyone know how to place the mainpart of the towncenter without triggers so it won't vanish?
Replies:
posted 02-15-10 05:05 PM CT (US)     1 / 15  
I've had this vanishing problem too but I don't know how to fix it either.
posted 02-16-10 03:38 AM CT (US)     2 / 15  
I know of one possibility: place it in game with a trigger...that works....

But as I said I have seen it placed in the editor and it worked, too....
posted 02-16-10 05:05 AM CT (US)     3 / 15  
Julius knows .

The 1st Most Improved Forummer of 2010.
The 3rd Most Improved Designer of both 2009 and 2010.
Obviously, member of the great and the well known BlackForest Studios.
Was host of Continous Screenshot Competition I at AoEHeaven.
posted 02-16-10 09:00 AM CT (US)     4 / 15  
Right, in his latest scenario, "A call to arms". That mansion at the beginning, right?

Currently working on: The hundred years truce
Progress: XXXXXXXXXX

Don't know what else to write. What a waste of a signature!
posted 02-16-10 12:05 PM CT (US)     5 / 15  
Right, in his latest scenario, "A call to arms". That mansion at the beginning, right?
Right - and he did it in other parts of the map too. That's been very tricky, and I couldn't find out yet, how it works. It has something to do with "Town Center 1X" or "Town Center 2X" and an "Invisible Tile", made of flags. On the same tiles, where those "Town Centers" are placed, there are normal Town Centers too (the editor does that itself, AFAIK). But I just don't get it ...

[This message has been edited by Findig (edited 02-16-2010 @ 12:07 PM).]

posted 02-16-10 01:28 PM CT (US)     6 / 15  
The town center parts are removing after a seconf . Using a looping trigger ,

posted 02-16-10 02:49 PM CT (US)     7 / 15  
Fanica, I guess, most of us know, how to do it with triggers. That's not been TheReal_Hunter's question (and mine).

[This message has been edited by Findig (edited 02-16-2010 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 02-16-10 05:21 PM CT (US)     8 / 15  
I tried removing TC parts and it took the whole thing out.

Anyways, I figured it out. It's like what Findig said. Good luck figuring it out Findig! It took me around 15 minutes and it was fun. Got annoyed by the crashes and aokts also glitched my map, luckily it was a scrap map. >_>

~
[My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
~~~
A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest
posted 02-16-10 09:45 PM CT (US)     9 / 15  
My method is quite simple. Make an invisible tile out of 'flagx', then map-copy this onto a specific tile of the town centre and the central part disappears, leaving only the arms. Getting the central part without the arms is harder but with trial and error you should be able to get it. The secret is that one of the invisible tiles needed must be placed beforehand, and then the town centre moved on top of it.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 02-17-10 11:18 AM CT (US)     10 / 15  
Thanks for the hints, Julius999 (and shame on you, Dtrungle - you're sadistic ... )!
Well, finally I figured it out. It's working this way:

The tiles 1, 2 and 3 are "Invisible Tiles" (Edit: They have to be made with "FLAGX" and do not work with "DEBRI"). To let the central part of the TC disappear, you only need number 1 (wich is the "creation tile" too) and place or move the TC into the 4x4-grid. What you get, is this:

(The ice spot is placed there, to mark the position of the IT.)

For making the arms disappear and leaving only the central part of the TC, you need all three ITs and - very important! - number 3 must have been placed before you place the TC. Then you get this:

(Again the three tiles with ice terrain mark the positions of the ITs.)

Maybe this could be done easier, but that's the way, it worked for me.

[This message has been edited by Findig (edited 02-17-2010 @ 01:37 PM).]

posted 02-17-10 01:13 PM CT (US)     11 / 15  
How can I create in the invisible part , to not let units walk there and don't block'em .

posted 02-17-10 01:40 PM CT (US)     12 / 15  
That's it! It was fun figuring it out was it not?

~
[My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
~~~
A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest
posted 02-17-10 01:44 PM CT (US)     13 / 15  
How can I create in the invisible part , to not let units walk there and don't block'em.
I fear, you can't, Fanica. This method is for combinig other buildings via "Mapcopy" with parts of the TC already in the editor (and therefore most probably the ITs will - and should - be covered or blocked). For other purposes I still would use triggers, to create the (unlocked) TC-parts in game.

@ Dtrungle
You're right. It's been fun.

[This message has been edited by Findig (edited 02-17-2010 @ 01:45 PM).]

posted 02-17-10 01:50 PM CT (US)     14 / 15  
But if you create the TC parts, it cannot be made ontop of something else. Basically, it will be very clear to see the chipped TC and the hanging pieces.

~
~~~
posted 02-17-10 01:54 PM CT (US)     15 / 15  
Beautiful Findig, I'll have to use his in my RPG I'm working on. Hmmm? That central part of the Town Center would bake a great treehouse, don't you think. And the arms...they could be used as stands in a city center where people go shopping. Great find Julius.

joshua4missions
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Parts of Towncenter
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames