loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project in Progress: Midnight Cry
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-05-11 01:25 PM CT (US)   
Midnight Cry
A Cinematic Scenario

Story:

The Kingdom of Sithia - A land, where only the peace itself rules. For ages the Sithians lived in peace with their neighbours, the Ethiradians. King Thiramond, who rules Sithia, has a brother. His brother Thalmore, rules Ethirad. Peace is Sithia's and Ethirad's greatest treasure, until that one day, Thalmore fell ill very heavily. On his last night, when he called for his son Galoreth, he knew he would not live to see the light of the day again.

As the sun rises, Galoreth is King of Ethirad.

But he has other intentions then his father. He stopped the trade with Sithia, and even the military alliance was broken. After the sudden death of his newborn son, Galoreth became angered. He accused Thiramond of having his son killed, for revenge of the disrupted trade routes. In the end it came so far, that Galoreth declared war to all of Sithia.

War. A war, that has dragged on for three decades. There were a lot of losses for Sithia's armies. Two of the seven provinces of Sithia have already been completely conquered. Galoreth is plundering small towns and raiding peaceful villages.

-

Jareath commands a small weary group of soldiers. His brother Edirath, and a trusted friend, Thailan, fight on his side. Their camp set up near the mountains which mark the border to Ethirad. Weary and weakend from lots of attacks they pushed back, Jareath has finally received word from the king; Reinforcing troops have been sent to the border to reinforce Jareath.

But the kings troops are not going to find the camp anymore. As Galoreth decides to push over the border, Jareath has no other choice then to flee if he wants to survive. While fleeing, Edirath gets captured.

With a scattered mind, - "Jareath grabs up the sword, what has got from his father when he was a boy. Memories of destruction, and fire are flashing. The fire that has killed most of his family... his mother.... his father.... his sister...."

Edirath and he were the only survivors of the family, and when they became older they joined the army.

".... He picks up the sword.... his fathers words still echo.... 'Destiny.... Faith....'
He turns around.... he sees Edirath beeing dragged away by enemy soldiers.... as he slowly drops the sword.... and falls to the ground...."

Jareath was only knocked out. The enemie left him there, perhaps they wanted him to die slowly, or maybe they thought he would be dead. Believing his brother would be dead, he swears to kill Galoreth, whatever it might cost.

Can the will of one man end this war? Will Jareath ever see his brother again? This is what the story of this project is based on.

Features

~A very long movielike cinematic, playing on a giant map.

~DATA editing

~Features Music by:

- Epic trailer music groups such as Two Steps From Hell, X-Ray Dog and many more...

- Epic Movies such as Avatar, Transformers and many more...

- Epic Games such as Assasins Creed, Dragon Age, and many more...

~ An epic tale what will surly get you on the edge of your seat

~ The Length of the Cinematic is still unknown but i don´t doubt that it will be at least 30 - 45 minutes.

Progress

Story: 90 %

Map Design: 40 %

Triggers: 20% Currently like 250 triggers done

Data Editing: 85 %

Music and Sounds: 70 %

Overall Progress: 30 %

Music Samples

Music Sample 1

Music Sample 2

Screenshots

A Small Town - Army Camp - The Mountain Border - The Cathedral

Feel Free to Comment and share your oponion!

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by DEVESTATOR (edited 03-26-2012 @ 01:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-05-11 01:50 PM CT (US)     1 / 51  
awesome

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 08-05-11 03:49 PM CT (US)     2 / 51  
Sounds promising. If you manage to make it 45+ minutes you'll be up there competing with Andan about who makes the longest cinematics!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 08-07-11 07:03 AM CT (US)     3 / 51  
Updated with 3 screenshots

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-07-11 07:14 AM CT (US)     4 / 51  
They're rather good, although the second and third look a bit too cluttered in my opinion. Possibly just make all the rubble less visible and add more types of trees?
posted 08-07-11 08:25 AM CT (US)     5 / 51  
I'm impressed with the pictures.

The only thing I'd say is possibly add some elevation into the town with the church in and on the picture with the cliffs, try map copying trees and rotating them on the cliff edges and so on so the trees arnt so straight.
posted 08-09-11 06:10 AM CT (US)     6 / 51  
I have updated the screenshots trying to fulfill your suggestions.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-09-11 01:25 PM CT (US)     7 / 51  
Map Design up to 30 % + one more Screenshot added tell me what you think

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-09-11 01:42 PM CT (US)     8 / 51  
I quite like the idea for the castle, but the monastery seems horrendously out of place amongst it; why not something that blends in with the celtic monument?
posted 08-09-11 01:45 PM CT (US)     9 / 51  
I thought the monastary would just fit with the wonder cause their style is very similar.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-10-11 02:40 AM CT (US)     10 / 51  
I think your screenshots are quite good overall. One thing though that stuck out to me were that some of the roads or paths were quite straight. Perhaps that was intentional, but adding some bends or varying the road widths would make them look more natural.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-10-11 05:14 AM CT (US)     11 / 51  
hmm thats a good idea. that will surley change in the rest of the map. But don't forget that this is a cinematic, and so i can spare lots of map creation.
E.G. if the character(s) have to walk a long way, i won't show (neither create) the entire way, for it would be a waste of time. Like in real movies, not everything is seen. Lots of parts are skipped.

Also i am thinking about real voice casting, but im not yet quiet sure about that.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-10-11 08:17 PM CT (US)     12 / 51  
These are my opinions and suggestions for your places:
Small Town: If you want to make the appearence of a village, i will suggest you try to mix more types of trees, try to make it see coulored beacuse like the trees look like, it looks uncoulored.

Army Camp in the morning: If you could update a photo without the Fog of War it would be better but i'll do my best. The Camp will look better if you change the fungus road for broken road to make think that lots of cavalry and infantry have get through there, the broken parts mean the deteriorated of the road. And i suggest you to put this image without the Fog, please

The Mountain Border: In the border i suggest you not to put lots of trees next to the road beacuse i had the problem that in little roads i couldn't get through. And if it is a desert zone i will suggest you to retire the flowers beacuse it destroys the intention to make look like a desert road and the fungus is part of the jungle i think. By the rest, its ok.

The Kings Castle: The same suggest, don't put many trees near the road beacuse you would not get through! And the Castle is very well designed, i confused the monastery with part of the Celtic Wonder, i to caught the house back the Wonder, i don't understand the appearence of it back the Wonder, it doesn't makes sense. Anyway, by the Castle garden, i suggest you again to mix more types of trees.

These are my suggestions. If you want to take into account, it's your decision. Good luck in this project.
posted 08-11-11 03:50 AM CT (US)     13 / 51  
Thanks. Im going to update the army camp without the fog. I think the trees at the mountain pass can stay, because it looks a bit empty without them. Ill see what i can do.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-11-11 12:34 PM CT (US)     14 / 51  
I have Updated The Army Camp and added 2 Music Samples. Story Progress is now at 80 %

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-25-11 08:42 AM CT (US)     15 / 51  
I have updated the Small Town screenshot

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-25-11 02:32 PM CT (US)     16 / 51  
The screenshots are promising. i enjoy cinematics, so I'm looking forward to this.
posted 09-26-11 00:55 AM CT (US)     17 / 51  
posted 09-26-11 03:43 AM CT (US)     18 / 51  
Very nice shot. Looks too empty and spacious to be called a small town IMO. Maybe you can add some more buildings (preferably houses) to improve the town-y look and feel.

____IN FLAMES____
WE TRUST!

StormWind Studios | BlackForest Studios
posted 09-26-11 11:02 AM CT (US)     19 / 51  
thanks everyone.

Trisayata, i don´t want to reveal much but i think this little is fine: the town will only be showed for a short time in the morning (fog, units visible in fog due to dat editing) and its going to be destroyed by evil enemy raiders in that scene. Cause its in the fog, and only shown for a short time that won´t matter, but ill for sure add more people (to be slaughtered )

Also, i would like to hear oponions about Voice Casting. If anyone is interested to hear his voice in here i would appreciate it!

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-26-11 03:56 PM CT (US)     20 / 51  
This looks grand yet I think it deserves a better in depth first story introduction to be a bit more catching. But to hell with it, this seems like it could have merit rivaling stories like the Sabato Series By Berzerker Jerker (Mind you this is the story aspect).

I'm not a hardline critic and don't deserve to say this. The scenery by look seems very convincing and i can't even put a word to how well it looks. I think you've left a mark already on the community with this work of art.

I must say that you should try to create some of your own music or ask others to do so to give it a better feel, you know try something no one has never done with great success in a Cinematic Scenario.

~!Me gusto mucho "Midnight Cry"!~ Good luck.

War is a living breathing hell of which cannot be explained.
Then again it's better to look on the bright side of life.

I've lost my brains making a bloody scenario cookie for marco polo. Now I'm frying lancers in AOC: Chivalry? How Quaint...
(Pulls trophy C7A1 from ground and walks to Siege Ram w/Cobra Engine)
posted 09-27-11 05:03 AM CT (US)     21 / 51  
Those screenshots are looking very nice. In regards to voice casting, it's difficult to find people to do it. It's often easier to just record yourself or recruit a friend. It's probably not necessary, but it would be a cool plus if done effectively.

I listened to the music samples, and they are good pieces of music in general. The first song reminded me of two armies lining up for battle. The second song took a while to develop, but by the end it was a pretty good battle song. As a whole, they don't have as much going on rhythmically as my tastes prefer, and they might end up being hard to use because of the length. Just my comments on what I'm hearing in the music and how it could fit into your scenario.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 09-27-11 07:15 AM CT (US)     22 / 51  
@Sythius
This looks grand yet I think it deserves a better in depth first story introduction to be a bit more catching
Thanks. Yeah, i will update the introduction soon.
But to hell with it, this seems like it could have merit rivaling stories like the Sabato Series By Berzerker Jerker
I loved the Sabato series. Rivaling Stories? This story will of course have that - also personal enemies, drama, love, and perhaps also some comedy.
The scenery by look seems very convincing and i can't even put a word to how well it looks. I think you've left a mark already on the community with this work of art.
Thanks, i really appreciate that Its my best looking map so far, and i hope that this project will be my first big success.
I must say that you should try to create some of your own music or ask others to do so to give it a better feel
I have thought about that too, i think i can do it myself - i have learned to play the piano since i was 6 years old, so the only thing i need would be a good expensive software. But if, then i will also use other music, cause it takes far to much skill, and even a real orchesta to create really good music (see music samples).

@Leif
In regards to voice casting, it's difficult to find people to do it. It's often easier to just record yourself or recruit a friend. It's probably not necessary, but it would be a cool plus if done effectively
Thats the problem. I don´t think i can do it myself as im just 14 years old I´ll see what to do, and if there are people to help me. Also, just an example, fr steve has got lots of custom voices in his "Age of Voivods" conversion pack, and if he reached that, there too is a chance other people can reach it too
I listened to the music samples, and they are good pieces of music in general. The first song reminded me of two armies lining up for battle. The second song took a while to develop, but by the end it was a pretty good battle song. As a whole, they don't have as much going on rhythmically as my tastes prefer, and they might end up being hard to use because of the length
Both of them will be cut, the first one i will surely use, and perhaps cut the second part of it away. Im not yet completey sure if i will use the second one actually.... its sounds good, but it would more fit into a trailer i think... however ill see what i can do.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-27-11 01:27 PM CT (US)     23 / 51  
Some bad news, my computer is starting to crash, i will try and recover it soon, it crashes as soon as i start a scenario in AOK. Luckly i have backuped the scenario, but if the recovery won´t work the progress will be delayed for some weeks, if not even months

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-27-11 03:09 PM CT (US)     24 / 51  
Looks great dragon, I'm looking forward to watching it. Yet I would like a bit more info on the story.

As for music, as epic as it sounds already, why not get some instrumentals from some great bands if you give a disclaimer.

For my new campaign I'm taking songs from bands like Nightwish, Muse and Linkin Park. I'm also using some Orchestral Music like Globus, Immediate Music, X-Ray Dog and Two Steps From Hell.
posted 09-28-11 12:33 PM CT (US)     25 / 51  
I have updated the story intruduction and replaced both music sample with something that actually more fits with the story imo.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by dragonslayermcmx (edited 09-28-2011 @ 01:22 PM).]

posted 09-28-11 10:13 PM CT (US)     26 / 51  
depending on how much I would be doing, I would be willing to voice cast. just be very descriptive in what you need.

I would need to do male roles, IMO. I know some of you think I'm a girl based on my name. I blame the HG application process and it's limitations on what can be in a user name (such as apostrophes)

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-29-11 08:02 AM CT (US)     27 / 51  
Thanks Karine, send me an email with some battle samples, for example "Charge!" or "To battle" and stuff like that. 3 or 4 samples should be enough for me to choose who you will voice.
depending on how much I would be doing
you also can voice some of the lower used characters, @everyone i also could need voices of people who only say one thing in the entire cinematic.

For those who didn´t yet look at my profile, my email is Dragonmcmx@yahoo.de

EDIT: oh yeah, also karine you won´t be able to do much at the moment cause as i said my computer crashed and triggerwork is only at 10 %, but stay tuned

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by dragonslayermcmx (edited 09-29-2011 @ 08:19 AM).]

posted 09-29-11 12:30 PM CT (US)     28 / 51  
I'm also using some Orchestral Music like Globus, Immediate Music,
i thought globus and immediate where the same....

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-29-11 12:40 PM CT (US)     29 / 51  
Well technically yes, but Globus alters Immediate's Music and adds lyrics.
posted 09-29-11 04:16 PM CT (US)     30 / 51  
I'd like to think i could do most of what you wanted. I've spent 4 years in drama, so... just tell me what you want. I think I can pull the accent off.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-30-11 08:44 AM CT (US)     31 / 51  
first send me some samples. Then ill send you the scenario, and you can voice. But there is one But: if i choose you voice one of the characters that survive the story, you might be needed in a sequel, cause the story will end a bit open. If you do not want to voice cast in a sequel, then you will voice another character.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 09-30-11 11:59 AM CT (US)     32 / 51  
Got it. You might need to wait a bit.

posted 10-15-11 08:59 AM CT (US)     33 / 51  
Good News (I hope)! I have just tried it again, and my pc did not crash this time i opened AOK! If it stays the same, I am back into designing

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 10-18-11 06:40 PM CT (US)     34 / 51  
Yes, it's a good new. When will you finish this project, now that your computer obey to your orders?

"Freedom is not given, it is taken." - Kropotkin

If you like historical scenarios, look at my 1453-The Last Siege of Constantinople in the Blacksmith.
posted 10-19-11 05:09 AM CT (US)     35 / 51  
i don´t know, im currently working on my halloween project. When i am finished with that, i think it will take 2 or 3 month, depending on how much it will feature. The current state of the cutscene features 3 or 4 minutes, in 90 triggers. If i want to make it half an hour, or even longer, it will take a hell lot of triggers, and also time.

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project in Progress: Midnight Cry
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames