You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOKH Survivor
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
posted 10-16-11 07:53 PM CT (US)   
AOKH Survivor

How it works

You sign up. In each round, a challenge is set. You complete the challenge. The owner of the worst entry is eliminated. The last forummer to remain in the game is declared the Survivor.

The Rules

It is now too late to sign up, sorry. Every player has one "bye" - a free pass for one round of their choosing (not including the final round). You don't need to state when you are using your bye; if you do not submit an entry in time, your bye will be used.♦

If you enter a round but are eliminated, you then join the judging panel. If you fail to submit an entry and have used your bye, you are eliminated but you will not be eligible to join the judging panel.♥

In each round, the entries will be judged by the judging panel. The judging criteria will be made public within this thread, so you'll have a good idea of how to succeed.♣

The prize is a very impressive and shiny Custom Title, courtesy of Leif Ericson♠

The Judging Panel
NowhereT
Herr Elessar
BSU_DoLhadeS
Coldviper
DraconainDevil
Dead_End
Scragins
Popeychops
Jetkill Fastmurder
Vinyl
Mole
CarolKarine

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of past rounds can be found by scrolling through the thread...sorry there are so many pages..!

Round One
Write a limerick or a haiku

Round Two
Make an origami masterpiece

Round Three
"Internet Explorer": Work out where all 20 of these places are.

Round Four
Popularity: Get forummers to vote for you to stay in the competition.

Round Five
Scavenger hunt: Assemble as many as you can of the listed items into one photo.

Round Six
Persuasion: Write an anonymous letter to persuade the judges to vote for your survival.

Round Seven
Fast Castle: Build a castle in Age of Kings as quickly as you can.

Round Eight
Youtube: Submit a video and the judges vote for their favourite.

Round Nine
Model Making Mayhem

Round Ten
The Semi Final - Masterchef

THE FINAL

For the final, Major Helper and Watson will be racing against each other to submit the correct answers to a set of six puzzles. You may submit your answers either by email (closet.hippy(at)gmail(dot)com) or within the thread - but bear in mind, if you submit in the thread and get anything wrong, the other player may hijack your answers! You win when you get all six answers correct.

The puzzles vary in style and difficulty but you must get all of the answers correct in order to win and claim the prize of a Custom Title, courtesy of Leif Ericson. If you submit an incorrect answer, I will tell you which answer(s) you have got wrong and you may try again. There is no deadline; the round closes once one player gets all the answers correct - they are then declared the Survivor.

Puzzle One

The King is hosting a large party. So large, in fact, that he has 1000 bottles of wine to cater for his guests. However, some scallywag has poisoned one (and only one) bottle of the wine. Naturally, it would be disastrous to serve poisoned wine to the guests - and it is too late to replace it all because the party is tomorrow. Fortunately, the King has servants at his disposal; if a servant consumes even the slightest trace of the poison, he will die a few hours before the party - giving you time to remove the poisoned bottle before your guests arrive. Your servants are not indispensable, however; you must use as few servants as possible and yet be absolutely certain which bottle is the poisoned one. How many servants do you need and how do you find the poisoned bottle?

Your answer should include the number of servants and the method you would employ to find the dodgy bottle. Any method that works is acceptable (eg. use 1000 servants) but the most efficient answer (i.e. the fewest servants used) is preferable.

Puzzle Two

2: Harold
3: Edward
5: Harold
7: James

What's next? Why?

Your answer should be a number and a name. You should give the reason behind your logic. Google may help here.

Puzzle Three

This puzzle is in two parts: The first line can be decoded to give a clue towards the second part. The solution to the second puzzle is your answer.

(Part i): 843153996731471843134448413536368

(Part ii): Fclhcja'q ruk cilkqrepq.

Your answer should be easy to find once you have solved Part ii.

Puzzle Four

What has it got in its pocketses?

Puzzle Five

It came between Time and Money. What was it?

Clue: 39 years ago

Puzzle Six

William the Conqueror is BAGG. Who is BEJC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Entrants
Major Helper
Watson
Ser Periagil Eliminated (Third place)
CarolKarine Eliminated
Mole Eliminated
Vinyl Eliminated
Jetkill Fastmurder Eliminated
Popeychops Eliminated
Scragins Eliminated
DraconainDevil Eliminated
Coldviper Eliminated
Dead_End Eliminated
Mashek Inactive
Dannflor Inactive
Guard of Osiris Inactive

PS Inspiration for this game

Links to earlier rounds: 1 (no link - "Write a limerick or a haiku"), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)

[This message has been edited by NowhereT (edited 02-11-2012 @ 09:22 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-16-11 08:01 PM CT (US)     1 / 2032  
Ill judge if you let meh

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 10-16-11 09:28 PM CT (US)     2 / 2032  
I'm in.

limerick:

once there was a maid in chile,
and she had an amazing pussy.
it wasn't rounded and pink,
as you'd probably think,
it had pointy ears and was really quite furry.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 10-16-2011 @ 09:29 PM).]

posted 10-16-11 11:27 PM CT (US)     3 / 2032  
Well, I suppose I can try. Now to come up with a poem, which is somewhat hard to do when you're not natively English Maybe I could post a Finnish one instead ?

Oh well, here's a haiku (not a completely correct one but oh well ).

No money trouble.
Cool breeze outside, yet healthy.
Can life be better?

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 10-17-11 01:26 AM CT (US)     4 / 2032  
I'll judge.

ritvikmats@gmail.com

BTW the the game thread of the thread you linked to has a picture of me.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 10-17-11 02:34 AM CT (US)     5 / 2032  
posted 10-17-11 03:00 AM CT (US)     6 / 2032  
To quote myself:
Oh so shiny! Sign me up
Once there was a Brit at the Crier
Who wanted a contest like one prior
It was fun and all
Yeah, we really had a ball
I just hoped I wouldn't have to retire

Glad how this turned out at 8 in the morning.
posted 10-17-11 03:20 AM CT (US)     7 / 2032  
Haiku are easy
but sometimes they don't make sense
refridgerator

Coming up.

[This message has been edited by The Unconvincing Spook (edited 10-17-2011 @ 03:22 AM).]

posted 10-17-11 03:46 AM CT (US)     8 / 2032  
Awesome stuff, keep 'em coming! I like yours Dead_End

Major Helper if you'd rather enter a Finnish one in order to get the rhyme/rhythm right that's cool, but can you post an English translation too?

Watters, I've seen that one before; I ain't no stupidhead.

Dementor - I'm prepared to let you judge if you're prepared to not be a troll.

Herr - More than happy for you to judge.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)

[This message has been edited by NowhereT (edited 10-17-2011 @ 04:27 AM).]

posted 10-17-11 05:22 AM CT (US)     9 / 2032  
IN.
posted 10-17-11 05:39 AM CT (US)     10 / 2032  
Harry Potter caught a golden snitch
And Hermione Granger was a bitch
She uses a time turner
To often escape the governor
Worst of all, she is a witch

[This message has been edited by Mayank Sharma (edited 10-17-2011 @ 06:06 AM).]

posted 10-17-11 05:50 AM CT (US)     11 / 2032  
Miles I have crossed
But miles I must walk
Before I can finally rest

[This message has been edited by The Unconvincing Spook (edited 10-21-2011 @ 05:51 PM).]

posted 10-17-11 06:21 AM CT (US)     12 / 2032  
Darn why did it have to be me? And what are the prizes? $50 out of your pocket on PayPal?

I would have rather skipped poetry...
posted 10-17-11 08:36 AM CT (US)     13 / 2032  
Well of course I will play.
posted 10-17-11 08:51 AM CT (US)     14 / 2032  
I can judge.

hades@heavengames.com
midget1010@hotmail.com

If you want me to judge pick one and email it.

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 10-17-11 08:57 AM CT (US)     15 / 2032  
Methinks I'll have to try and come up with something. This looks like fun.

Does this work? It's not funny, though.

Like the winter thaw
my life before me wanders
trickling with the ice

[This message has been edited by Mashek (edited 10-17-2011 @ 09:30 AM).]

posted 10-17-11 10:14 AM CT (US)     16 / 2032  
Well I can post a Finnish one too and you can choose which one is better and judge me with that

Sateine syyssää
Lehtie leikki ilmas
Pisaras totuus

It's written in a sort of slang

Rough translation:

Rainy autumn weather
The play/dance of leaves in the air
Truth in a rain drop

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 10-17-11 10:15 AM CT (US)     17 / 2032  
I will judge.
posted 10-17-11 10:33 AM CT (US)     18 / 2032  
posted 10-17-11 11:05 AM CT (US)     19 / 2032  
How'd you guess ?

posted 10-17-11 01:00 PM CT (US)     20 / 2032  
Great to see more entries rolling in; I've updated the OP.

Mashek and Major Helper - I really like both your haikus. MH it doesn't seem to lose anything in the translation, I'm impressed! I quite like stroke's too, since I have a soft spot for the Potterverse!

Also with regard to prizes - I may be able to stretch to a small cash prize but no promises!

About judging: I've opted for BSU_DoLhadeS and Herr Elessar since IMO they're both nice guys who are reliable and fair. Sorry to the others who wanted to judge, but since the panel will increase with each round I don't want too many at the start. If you really want to judge you can always enter every round until you lose

posted 10-17-11 03:04 PM CT (US)     21 / 2032  
There is no need for a cash prize or anything for that matter. Stroke, stop trolling.

[This message has been edited by Watson (edited 07-21-2012 @ 03:11 AM).]

posted 10-17-11 03:10 PM CT (US)     22 / 2032  
NowereT I troll by accedent often but I will try to avoid those situations

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 10-17-11 03:13 PM CT (US)     23 / 2032  
Cheers Watters - I hoped the glory would be enough

Dementor - I think you're generally well-meaning but I'm gonna stick to my guns and keep the judging panel as it is. Like I say though, if you enter each round you will either win overall or become a judge anyway!

posted 10-17-11 03:23 PM CT (US)     24 / 2032  
I'd also say that no price, at least monetary is required.

You could converse with some mods on the title award though. I'm fairly sure they'll be amiable as long as you can prove that this won't just be an another forum game. Just make this variable and fun for all participants and I see no reason why the mods wouldn't want to help you with this.

posted 10-17-11 03:56 PM CT (US)     25 / 2032  
Thanks for the vote of support, Major Helper! Hopefully people will wish to participate wholeheartedly even without a monetary prize.

I have sent an email to a few mods just in case they're able to offer something by way of a prize. No promises though, so don't get your hopes up!

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AOKH Survivor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames