You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOKH Survivor
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 62 63 64 65 66 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
posted 10-16-11 07:53 PM CT (US)   
AOKH Survivor

How it works

You sign up. In each round, a challenge is set. You complete the challenge. The owner of the worst entry is eliminated. The last forummer to remain in the game is declared the Survivor.

The Rules

It is now too late to sign up, sorry. Every player has one "bye" - a free pass for one round of their choosing (not including the final round). You don't need to state when you are using your bye; if you do not submit an entry in time, your bye will be used.♦

If you enter a round but are eliminated, you then join the judging panel. If you fail to submit an entry and have used your bye, you are eliminated but you will not be eligible to join the judging panel.♥

In each round, the entries will be judged by the judging panel. The judging criteria will be made public within this thread, so you'll have a good idea of how to succeed.♣

The prize is a very impressive and shiny Custom Title, courtesy of Leif Ericson♠

The Judging Panel
NowhereT
Herr Elessar
BSU_DoLhadeS
Coldviper
DraconainDevil
Dead_End
Scragins
Popeychops
Jetkill Fastmurder
Vinyl
Mole
CarolKarine

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of past rounds can be found by scrolling through the thread...sorry there are so many pages..!

Round One
Write a limerick or a haiku

Round Two
Make an origami masterpiece

Round Three
"Internet Explorer": Work out where all 20 of these places are.

Round Four
Popularity: Get forummers to vote for you to stay in the competition.

Round Five
Scavenger hunt: Assemble as many as you can of the listed items into one photo.

Round Six
Persuasion: Write an anonymous letter to persuade the judges to vote for your survival.

Round Seven
Fast Castle: Build a castle in Age of Kings as quickly as you can.

Round Eight
Youtube: Submit a video and the judges vote for their favourite.

Round Nine
Model Making Mayhem

Round Ten
The Semi Final - Masterchef

THE FINAL

For the final, Major Helper and Watson will be racing against each other to submit the correct answers to a set of six puzzles. You may submit your answers either by email (closet.hippy(at)gmail(dot)com) or within the thread - but bear in mind, if you submit in the thread and get anything wrong, the other player may hijack your answers! You win when you get all six answers correct.

The puzzles vary in style and difficulty but you must get all of the answers correct in order to win and claim the prize of a Custom Title, courtesy of Leif Ericson. If you submit an incorrect answer, I will tell you which answer(s) you have got wrong and you may try again. There is no deadline; the round closes once one player gets all the answers correct - they are then declared the Survivor.

Puzzle One

The King is hosting a large party. So large, in fact, that he has 1000 bottles of wine to cater for his guests. However, some scallywag has poisoned one (and only one) bottle of the wine. Naturally, it would be disastrous to serve poisoned wine to the guests - and it is too late to replace it all because the party is tomorrow. Fortunately, the King has servants at his disposal; if a servant consumes even the slightest trace of the poison, he will die a few hours before the party - giving you time to remove the poisoned bottle before your guests arrive. Your servants are not indispensable, however; you must use as few servants as possible and yet be absolutely certain which bottle is the poisoned one. How many servants do you need and how do you find the poisoned bottle?

Your answer should include the number of servants and the method you would employ to find the dodgy bottle. Any method that works is acceptable (eg. use 1000 servants) but the most efficient answer (i.e. the fewest servants used) is preferable.

Puzzle Two

2: Harold
3: Edward
5: Harold
7: James

What's next? Why?

Your answer should be a number and a name. You should give the reason behind your logic. Google may help here.

Puzzle Three

This puzzle is in two parts: The first line can be decoded to give a clue towards the second part. The solution to the second puzzle is your answer.

(Part i): 843153996731471843134448413536368

(Part ii): Fclhcja'q ruk cilkqrepq.

Your answer should be easy to find once you have solved Part ii.

Puzzle Four

What has it got in its pocketses?

Puzzle Five

It came between Time and Money. What was it?

Clue: 39 years ago

Puzzle Six

William the Conqueror is BAGG. Who is BEJC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Entrants
Major Helper
Watson
Ser Periagil Eliminated (Third place)
CarolKarine Eliminated
Mole Eliminated
Vinyl Eliminated
Jetkill Fastmurder Eliminated
Popeychops Eliminated
Scragins Eliminated
DraconainDevil Eliminated
Coldviper Eliminated
Dead_End Eliminated
Mashek Inactive
Dannflor Inactive
Guard of Osiris Inactive

PS Inspiration for this game

Links to earlier rounds: 1 (no link - "Write a limerick or a haiku"), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)

[This message has been edited by NowhereT (edited 02-11-2012 @ 09:22 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-07-12 02:42 PM CT (US)     1576 / 2032  
Cheers Herr. Updated scores:

Watson: 18
CarolKarine: 12
Ser Periagil: 12
Thymole: 8

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
posted 01-07-12 07:29 PM CT (US)     1577 / 2032  
Obviously played.

Moley
CK
Watson
Gil

I still dont get gil's. Ck's is good but real playing is significantly better than music programs. I like messing around with FL studio myself but... Real music is better. Mole's has shitty tone but I'll forgive for his crappy instrument. CK had a program... Could have smoothed it out better. Sounds like Mario paint style
-thy
posted 01-08-12 01:05 AM CT (US)     1578 / 2032  
Abhaas' video is basically a parody of an ad that has been on for at least my entire lifetime and possibly much longer than that so much so that every urban Indian would recognize that tune wherever it is played.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 01-08-12 03:50 AM CT (US)     1579 / 2032  
Real music is better.
True, but music programs can get pretty good.

EDIT:

Those links don't seem to be working for me, atm...

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 01-08-2012 @ 04:00 AM).]

posted 01-08-12 04:38 AM CT (US)     1580 / 2032  
Update

Watson: 20
CarolKarine: 15
Ser Periagil: 13
Thymole: 12

Deadline for judges is midnight 9th January.

posted 01-09-12 06:28 AM CT (US)     1581 / 2032  
17 and a half hours until the end of judging.

As agreed earlier, viewcounts will no longer matter in this round, so at the moment Thymole is at risk of elimination.

posted 01-09-12 07:06 AM CT (US)     1582 / 2032  
Watson
CK
Ser
Thymole

I couldn't decide on which to put in third place, so I had my girlfriend do it for me. She thought Ser's video was better because it had visuals and people messing about (which was funny), and she does have a point on both counts.
So sorry, thy, but it ain't enough.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 01-09-12 04:26 PM CT (US)     1583 / 2032  
Update:

Watters: 24
CK: 18
Ser: 15
Thymole: 13

posted 01-09-12 05:54 PM CT (US)     1584 / 2032  

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 01-09-12 06:18 PM CT (US)     1585 / 2032  
Fair enough given the circumstances, although I'd like it to be known that I would have survived if popey hadn't purposely skewed the numbers :/
posted 01-09-12 06:30 PM CT (US)     1586 / 2032  
I disagree. From my understanding, youtube verifies your views at around the 300 mark; if yours did not increase beyond that, your views must have been ill-gotten too.

I specifically stated in the rules that the judges may choose to view a video multiple times. I've already greatly changed this round to benefit you, mole, so I am fairly intolerant towards any gripes you may have.

posted 01-09-12 07:51 PM CT (US)     1587 / 2032  
Actually, ser got up to 330 ish views while you were still at 300. So he, combined with CK's strong judges score would have both beaten you, in all probability.
If you hadn't been given the second opportunity, you'd have lost.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 01-09-12 11:44 PM CT (US)     1588 / 2032  
Holy shit, 330?
I have had limited acres for a week now, so have completely cut off.

Popey, tell ya girlfriend that she has an admirer in India. :-p

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 01-10-12 03:42 AM CT (US)     1589 / 2032  
The deadline has passed and (enough of) the judges' scores are in.

The judges' favourite this week with an impressive 24 out of a possible 28 is Watson! Congratulations, chap!

In last place, but with a respectable score of 13, is Thymole. Thymole, you have been bowled out.

Remaining in the competition are Major Helper, Watson, CarolKarine and Ser Periagil. This is the quarter final; well done on making it so far.

Round 9

These pictures are getting really tricky to find now

Scragins' multitude of monumental models

In this round, you will have to make a model of a famous landmark. You could make a matchstick eiffel tower or a sand sculpture of St Stephen's Tower/Big Ben. You could make a plasticine Mount Rushmore or Stonehenge made out of mashed potato; it's up to you.

Rules
You must submit at least one photo of your entry, including some form of proof that you created it; your forum name on a piece of paper, your face in the picture as well... Just make sure we know you haven't cheated.
Please submit either a picture of the landmark or at least the name of the landmark you were trying to duplicate (in case we can't tell..!)
Each judge can award +4...+1 for each entry, as before.
The judges will be awarding marks for creativity (the great pyramid of Giza won't get you top marks), accuracy (if we can tell what landmark you were replicating, you're off to a good start) and skill (the Taj Mahal made out of spaghetti will score you significantly higher than you just shelling out on one of these - although if you make a Lego model without instructions, then you'll probably do well.)

The deadline is Midnight (forum time) 20th January 2012

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by NowhereT (edited 01-10-2012 @ 03:53 AM).]

posted 01-10-12 04:51 AM CT (US)     1590 / 2032  
Interesting, very interesting. Good idea for the round, thumbs up!

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 01-10-12 04:58 AM CT (US)     1591 / 2032  
This one was scragins' idea, I just tweaked it a little

Nobody has their bye any more so this should be interesting.

posted 01-10-12 05:38 AM CT (US)     1592 / 2032  
Thanks for the scores, chaps!
posted 01-10-12 06:24 AM CT (US)     1593 / 2032  
Just to encourage quality and prevent despair:
http://www.papertoys.com/
I myself once made this.

posted 01-10-12 06:32 AM CT (US)     1594 / 2032  
I'm going to try and make the statue of liberty out of spaghetti and macaroni (dry of course ). Probably will look like shit (or pasta!) but maybe it'll be recognizable

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 01-10-12 06:47 AM CT (US)     1595 / 2032  
Dude if you pull that off I'll be very impressed!

posted 01-10-12 07:02 AM CT (US)     1596 / 2032  
So will I, dude, so will I

posted 01-10-12 07:07 AM CT (US)     1597 / 2032  
Now how about using some cards?

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
posted 01-10-12 07:11 AM CT (US)     1598 / 2032  

posted 01-10-12 07:13 AM CT (US)     1599 / 2032  
Did you notice the three over the building?

()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
posted 01-10-12 07:23 AM CT (US)     1600 / 2032  
this won't be a completely "true" spaghetti statue as I will be utilizing glue and tape (and cardboard for the large base).

[This message has been edited by Major Helper (edited 01-10-2012 @ 07:25 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 62 63 64 65 66 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 82  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AOKH Survivor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames