Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoKH Survivor Mk III
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 20  Next Page »
posted 04-12-15 09:39 PM CT (US)   
Hello! Welcome all, here we will find who is meek and doesn't have time for online games and who is strong and will prevail despite looming real-life finals!

AoKH Survivor Mk I (we don’t talk about Mk II)

This is actually quite simple. Every round, a challenge is set. At the end of a challenge, the worst entry is eliminated. The last standing forummer wins!

Everyone has a single bye. by not submitting your entry for a challenge, you automatically use your bye. during the last three challenges, you may not use your bye. please inform me of your intention to use your bye before the time limit, however, so that if everyone else is ready we may move forward.

I’ll be putting up a nice prize: first place can choose any title on steam under 60 USD to be awarded. (it really does have to be steam, sorry) IF they wish for something under 60 USD, the remainder of the original 60 USD is awarded to runner-up.

Upon being eliminated, I’d kindly ask contestants to join the judging panel.

The judging panel:
CarolKarine
Watson

The contestants:
Aleph Eliminated
Popey
RHJ
CPR Eliminated
Major (BYE)
Mayank Eliminated
Dev Eliminated
HockeySam Eliminated
Excel Eliminated
Dexter Fei Eliminated
Regan Eliminated
Jan_DC Eliminated
John_The_Late Eliminated
CroBoss Eliminated
MrMew (BYE)

THE FIRST CHALLENGE: completed

THE SECOND CHALLENGE: completed

THE THIRD CHALLENGE: completed

THE FOURTH CHALLENGE: completed

THE FIFTH CHALLENGE

The person with the fewest points will be eliminated.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 07-27-2015 @ 03:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-29-15 05:04 PM CT (US)     151 / 499  
Okay Aleph, it's time to come clean. I lied about the 23 minute time. I found a brazilian pro player who said he thought he could but didn't have time to get me a recorded game, so I have to fess up to my fib.

Anyways, the list of times:

NAMETIME
Aleph26.01
John_The_Late28.17
Hockey28.32
Jan29.34
Popey29.42
RHJ32.04
Regan33.52
MrMew35.22
Croboss37.45
CPR42.21

CPR has been eliminated.

Now that I've typed that up, next I'll be typing up the NEXT CHALLENGE!

it'll be a scavenger hunt very similar to the last survivor, but the items will be weighted in point value. more details to come within a few hours, all I have to do is type it out and post it.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 04-29-15 05:43 PM CT (US)     152 / 499  
I knew it!
Or did you just say that to troll my ego?
Still, I'm not sure whether I should be proud or disappointed. Even my first attempt was faster than the rest of you.
posted 04-29-15 05:45 PM CT (US)     153 / 499  
THE SECOND CHALLENGE: deadline is May 13th

Submit a photo or photos of a number of items that will be listed below. Each item has a point value. The person who has the least points by the deadline will be eliminated.

When submitting your photos, do so using an album on imgur. No photobucket or tinypic, please! (you don't need to sign up for imgur even, so no complaining)

It must be obvious that you are the person who took the picture. however you wish to do this, that's up to you. a sheet of paper with your screen name and the date in the shot should do.

The list:

ITEMPOINT VALUE
AoK Merchandise*15
A Sharpie Other Than Black**2
A Handwritten Letter3
Something 3d-Printed4
A bullclip1
A Key1
A Wireless Mouse1
A Roll of Tape1
A Calculator1
A Can of a Soft Drink From Your Country2
Something related to your current or past school1
A pet3
A patterned sock4
A picture of yourself12
A pair of Chopsticks2
A bottle containing something alcoholic2
A stick of DDR1 Ram23
A pentium processor34
A jersey1
A textbook1
A cellphone, not a smartphone2
An UNUSED tampon or pad4
TOTAL:60

* not a game disk or box, I mean one of the trebuchets or trading cards or t-shirts.
** can be black for only 1 point
1 you may hide your face, just make it clear it's you.
2 you may post DDR2 or DDR4 for 2 points, or DDR3 for 1 point.
3 or proof you have one. a CPU-Z screenshot, with a notepad screen in the background with your info, or a picture with your info and a sticker that says pentium

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 04-29-2015 @ 06:16 PM).]

posted 04-29-15 05:51 PM CT (US)     154 / 499  
Um... Carol?

This list is very poorly balanced... I mean half of these things you probably have at your desk. A quarter are unobtainable for several people and an instant win is guaranteed if you happen to have aok merch

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 04-29-2015 @ 05:55 PM).]

posted 04-29-15 05:58 PM CT (US)     155 / 499  
CK, I think you should consider swapping out several elements that are quite unobtainable in the circumstances. For instance, AoK merchandise is rare, it's 2015 and no one wants a Pentium in their houses, the pet point is just way too circumstantial, and several of the underage people might find it hard to get a hold of alcohol.

[This message has been edited by Francis de Talking France (edited 04-30-2015 @ 11:44 AM).]

posted 04-29-15 06:01 PM CT (US)     156 / 499  
A stick of DDR1 Ram
A pentium processor
You've got to be kidding.
posted 04-29-15 06:08 PM CT (US)     157 / 499  
and an instant win is guaranteed if you happen to have aok merch
one, there is no win, it's simply avoiding being knocked out.
For instance, AoK merchandise is rare,
and for this reason I don't forsee one person getting knocked out because they're the only one without AoK merch. The WHOLE point of the AoK merch was because this is an AoK site, having something like that should be very valuable.

as for the pentium and ddr1, I understand your points. would the substitutions of "two coins from different currencies" and "a bottle cap" be okay with you guys?

posted 04-29-15 06:10 PM CT (US)     158 / 499  
I do happen to have 2 coins from different currencies lying around on my desk. Ok by me.

[This message has been edited by Aleph (edited 04-29-2015 @ 06:11 PM).]

posted 04-29-15 06:12 PM CT (US)     159 / 499  
It might just be me but a lot of these items seem oddly specific to yourself.
something 3-d printed
a pet looking at the camera
a red patterned sock
an UNUSED tampon or pad
I'm guessing a used one doesn't get 1 point?
a can of soft drink from your country
An invitation for all 'muricans to send pics of Coca Cola and Pepsi.
Something related to your current or past school
And I'm pretty sure this goes against the CoC.

Last point; 'jersey' and 'handwritten letter' are fairly vague.

I have a pentium. *cowers from bombardment of rocks*

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
"Doors are for people with no imagination."-Skulduggery Pleasant
_____v____v_V___________v______V___v________(\ /) _ (\ /) ____V___v_________v__V__________v___________
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 04-29-15 06:16 PM CT (US)     160 / 499  
How so?
posted 04-29-15 06:19 PM CT (US)     161 / 499  
I'm a guy. I don't have a tampon or pad in my house. only one who'd get an easy 4 points is RHJ. everyone else would either need to man up and buy a box (they're great for nosebleeds, btw, so havign some on hand isn't terrible) or ask someone for one

Last point; 'jersey' and 'handwritten letter' are fairly vague.
even just school colors.

jersey. like football or soccer or hockey jersey. it's pretty straightforward.

handwritten letter is anything that you would put in the mail to send, or was sent to you via the mail, and is handwritten. it's not vague, it's just not common anymore and that's why I selected it for the list.

posted 04-29-15 06:21 PM CT (US)     162 / 499  
If people are currently in school and under the age of eighteen then isn't it illegal, or at least kind of strange, to pretty much ask them their school on an internet forum? (I apoligise if I am wrong here, I haven't actually read the CoC. I just assumed there would be something about it.)

Anyway I have 19 of these pretty much in the bag.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
_____v____v_V___________v______V___v________(\ /) _ (\ /) ____V___v_________v__V__________v___________
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 04-29-15 06:24 PM CT (US)     163 / 499  
Time to buy an AoK t-shirt?
posted 04-29-15 06:28 PM CT (US)     164 / 499  
I'm not sure you can. especially the "keep calm and play age of empires" doesn't count. when I say AoK merch, I mean stuff from back when the game launched. I honestly don't expect anyone to have any.

posted 04-29-15 06:31 PM CT (US)     165 / 499  
In that case, it's almost certain that noone has any. I was kinda hoping a voobly t-shirt would count.
posted 04-30-15 03:40 AM CT (US)     166 / 499  
An UNUSED tampon or pad
Now that's 4 points in the bag for me just because I have a uterus! It has come in handy for once

"Then ready yourself Peter Pan, for I am Red Handed Jill"
posted 04-30-15 04:07 AM CT (US)     167 / 499  
I wonder how many tampons you have to buy at once...

CK, would you count the AoE2 Gold Collector's edition as merch?

What constitutes a "jersey"? The shirt of a sporting team? Or a pullover jumper?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-30-15 04:53 AM CT (US)     168 / 499  
Is using dropbox ok, I don't want to use anything else to host my images ?

EDIT: does the sharpie have to be of sharpie brand or can it be any permanent marker?

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-

[This message has been edited by Major Helper (edited 04-30-2015 @ 07:15 AM).]

posted 04-30-15 06:46 AM CT (US)     169 / 499  
Can we use a brand other than Sharpie?
Can our pet be a soft toy?
Does a Gold Edition with all four of the games count as AoK merchandise?

Damn I have a Core 2 Duo instead of a pentium.
posted 04-30-15 07:15 AM CT (US)     170 / 499  
When you say jersey, do you mean the wikipedia definition of jersey, meaning a knitted, woollen shirt that does not have an open front?

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 04-30-15 07:27 AM CT (US)     171 / 499  
My girlfriend told me I have to buy 8 at once

CK this better be worth it

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-30-15 07:30 AM CT (US)     172 / 499  
This is what I meant when I said 'Jersey' was vague.
Does a Gold Edition with all four of the games count as AoK merchandise?
CK, would you count the AoE2 Gold Collector's edition as merch?
I would also like to know these answers, as I have both.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 04-30-15 07:44 AM CT (US)     173 / 499  
As a side-note: CK, how the heck did you manage to have this scavenger hunt right when I'm visiting my parents, just like in the first survivor when I was also visiting my parents when the similar round was on ? Not that I'm complaining, I'm having much more luck finding stuff here than if I were at home.

posted 04-30-15 10:58 AM CT (US)     174 / 499  
1. Gold edition boxed sets do not count. That's a copy of the game, even if a nice one.

2. The list will be seeing some changes here in the next couple hours to be fair, following Watson's suggestions.

3. A jersey is a nylon or other breathable fabric shirt worn by athletes during their competition, often available for sale to fans as copies of their favorite player's jersey. For example:

posted 04-30-15 11:33 AM CT (US)     175 / 499  
...Oh. THAT jersey.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 20  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AoKH Survivor Mk III
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames