Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoKH Survivor Mk III
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19  Next Page »
posted 04-12-15 09:39 PM CT (US)   
Hello! Welcome all, here we will find who is meek and doesn't have time for online games and who is strong and will prevail despite looming real-life finals!

AoKH Survivor Mk I (we don’t talk about Mk II)

This is actually quite simple. Every round, a challenge is set. At the end of a challenge, the worst entry is eliminated. The last standing forummer wins!

Everyone has a single bye. by not submitting your entry for a challenge, you automatically use your bye. during the last three challenges, you may not use your bye. please inform me of your intention to use your bye before the time limit, however, so that if everyone else is ready we may move forward.

I’ll be putting up a nice prize: first place can choose any title on steam under 60 USD to be awarded. (it really does have to be steam, sorry) IF they wish for something under 60 USD, the remainder of the original 60 USD is awarded to runner-up.

Upon being eliminated, I’d kindly ask contestants to join the judging panel.

The judging panel:
CarolKarine
Watson

The contestants:
Aleph Eliminated
Popey
RHJ
CPR Eliminated
Major (BYE)
Mayank Eliminated
Dev Eliminated
HockeySam Eliminated
Excel Eliminated
Dexter Fei Eliminated
Regan Eliminated
Jan_DC Eliminated
John_The_Late Eliminated
CroBoss Eliminated
MrMew (BYE)

THE FIRST CHALLENGE: completed

THE SECOND CHALLENGE: completed

THE THIRD CHALLENGE: completed

THE FOURTH CHALLENGE: completed

THE FIFTH CHALLENGE

The person with the fewest points will be eliminated.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 07-27-2015 @ 03:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-14-15 02:40 AM CT (US)     401 / 499  
The barstool is right.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-18-15 06:08 PM CT (US)     402 / 499  
Bump, um, HELLO?!
Hello
hello
hello

Give us a sign you guys are still alive, CK, Watson

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 07-18-15 07:23 PM CT (US)     403 / 499  
sorry

I'll judge tonight, post scores, etc. watson'll get until the end of tomorrow to get his in, and on monday I'll (hopefully) have thought of another challenge.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 07-19-15 08:07 AM CT (US)     404 / 499  
Come on CK, stop making promises and then not delivering them please

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-19-15 09:10 AM CT (US)     405 / 499  
Round 4 Results

Entrants:

Redhandedjill --

big image is big

Major --

MrMew --

Popeychops --

link because massive

Hockey --

The Judging is done over three categories -- Aesthetic, Complexity, and Technical Skill.

RHJ -- 10, 7, 8

it looks incredible. it's a treb, so seven on the complexity. it fires, so a nice high technical skill.

Major -- 8, 7, 9

It looks better than JHJ's only because it's all (balsa?) wood. it's a treb, so same complexity score, and it fires, but also has that locking mechanism you mentioned.

MrMew -- 4, 6, 7

It's lego. it's not going to look good. It's a crossbow, it's less complex. the attention to detail is okay. your saving grace is that well-done trigger.

Popey -- 9, 10, 8

It's not a ten across the board because I just don't feel like it should be. in aesthetics, something is off-putting, but it looks good as a knife. for technical skill, the scabbard looks rushed. I'm willing to be incredibly picky on yours due to it being done before the contest started.

Hockey -- 4, 4, 8

you bound a handax and a kitchen knife to a whittled stick, and it looks as such. it's not terribly pretty or complex. however, you did a damn good job with the whittling and binding, so your technical skill is higher.

Totals --

RHJ: 26
Major: 24
MrMEw: 17
Popey: 27
Hockey: 16
John: 0
Aleph: 0

John and Aleph have been eliminated due to inactivity, and Hockey has been eliminated as the lowest scorer on the board! No longer may you expect to irk by due to other contestant's inactivity.

sorry bout that, by the way. I know that I've done a piss-poor job of keeping this updated.

Now, you lot can help me decide on if the next round is in the game or outside of it! state your preference.

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 07-27-2015 @ 03:48 PM).]

posted 07-19-15 09:44 AM CT (US)     406 / 499  
CK, that isn't RHJ's final entry. That's her prototype.

Post 369

I say this because I really don't deserve to win this round

What did you think of my lollipop catapult?

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 07-19-2015 @ 09:47 AM).]

posted 07-19-15 10:29 AM CT (US)     407 / 499  
oh I'm sorry RHJ, that changes things!

popey, if you'd rather I judge your lolly I can.

posted 07-19-15 01:48 PM CT (US)     408 / 499  
I'm just curious

posted 07-21-15 03:45 AM CT (US)     409 / 499  
CK will the next round be the last chance for me to use my bye or can I use it the round after?

"Then ready yourself Peter Pan, for I am Red Handed Jill"
posted 07-21-15 03:47 AM CT (US)     410 / 499  
Next round in the game!!

posted 07-21-15 09:32 AM CT (US)     411 / 499  
popey, your lolly catapul would probably score a 6-6-8. it's not terribly aesthetically pleasing, and it's not as complex as a treb, but it is cool that's made of rubber bands and popsicle sticks.

this coming round will be the last possible to use your bye.

posted 07-21-15 01:13 PM CT (US)     412 / 499  
Cheers

posted 07-27-15 02:32 AM CT (US)     413 / 499  
Maybe WE should give the judges a challenge. :d

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 07-27-15 04:03 AM CT (US)     414 / 499  
I think they're struggling for ideas - Watters asked me for ideas a few weeks back (immediately when he saw I was back!) so I hope they have something good!

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 07-27-15 12:07 PM CT (US)     415 / 499  
Did they not make a list of challenges before they started this? Plan it like a Mafia?

posted 07-27-15 12:10 PM CT (US)     416 / 499  
Well I'd hope CK doesn't treat this the way he treats mafia!

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
posted 07-27-15 12:25 PM CT (US)     417 / 499  
Are we really gonna make that much of a big deal about that one f*ck up?

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 07-27-15 01:11 PM CT (US)     418 / 499  
I really hope we aren't.

posted 07-27-15 03:05 PM CT (US)     419 / 499  
I wasn't making a reference. I just thought he'd more on an idea of what each round would be, like you would get everything ready for a mafia before you posted the sign up thread, like set up, role emails ect. :S

posted 07-27-15 03:28 PM CT (US)     420 / 499  
No that was my fault, not yours Jill

posted 07-27-15 03:43 PM CT (US)     421 / 499  
Yeah, I winged this one.

anyways, Round Five!

I was going to have you guys compete to make screenshots like in the CSC, but I felt that would be relatively low-effort of me, and after making you wait for a round like this, I figured you guys deserved something a bit more complex and rewarding.

All THREE clues are contained within this post.

0100110101100001011010110110010100100000011000010110111000100000010011110111001001101001 01100111011000010110110101101001001000000100001101110010011000010110111001100101

21 18 13 23 26 20 22 12 24 26 24 19 22

ENTRIES ARE DUE ON AUGUST 10th (this is up for re-consideration) AND MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE FORM OF A PICTURE. It'll make sense what the picture is of, once you find all three codes.

ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED BASED ON PROMPTNESS, AS WELL AS OTHER CATEGORIES WHICH CANNOT BE REVEALED (because it would hint at the codes)

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 07-27-2015 @ 05:19 PM).]

posted 07-27-15 05:03 PM CT (US)     422 / 499  
I don't get the third clue

posted 07-27-15 05:07 PM CT (US)     423 / 499  
can you not find it?

it's hiding in plain sight, that's all I'll say.

posted 07-27-15 05:11 PM CT (US)     424 / 499  
Banging my head on the second one, tried letter numbers, skip and ceasarian shift combo so far.

EDIT: ah, was thinking too hard.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-

[This message has been edited by Major Helper (edited 07-27-2015 @ 05:15 PM).]

posted 07-27-15 05:21 PM CT (US)     425 / 499  
I'm going to use my bye. Your cryptography will have to wait.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » AoKH Survivor Mk III
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames