You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: BRIDGE: walkable and ships can go underneath.
posted 15 February 2004 02:37 PM EDT (US)   
I noticed some people in the forums asking if it's possible to make a bridge where units can walk on, and where ships can sail underneath.
I've been experimenting a little in the editor, and tried several ways of making such a bridge. One thing I tried was using Phatfish's water-hills trick (see this link). This attempt failed.

After that, I was convinced that the only way to do it was by using triggers.
I showed how to do that in this example scenario (click to download). Check the triggers to understand how it works, and playtest to see it
I was surprised by the quality of the achieved effect.

Unfortunately, it works with "army teleport" or "unit teleport", which causes the problem that it only works on specified armies/units. So: no use for it in RMS maps (unless you find a way to name each newly created unit). The good news is: RPG-maps most probably can use it !

Enjoy .

PS. I guess advanced map-designers already knew this trick, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 02-15-2004 @ 02:41 PM).]

Replies:
posted 15 February 2004 03:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
nice, and it's pretty simple
posted 15 February 2004 04:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
i downloaded and i cant see it.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 15 February 2004 05:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
If you playtest, and sail with the trireme towards the bridge, you'll see it.

It's nothing revolutionary though.

posted 15 February 2004 06:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Yup, that's how I solved that one too. Works well. I guess in an actual game situation- I didn't check your trigger- you'd have to make it so any ship could pass underneath for it to appear truly like a bridge. Nice job though. Auron, note the file is an .scn so you'll have to use the AOM disk and put the file in the MSGames folder and not MyDocs. I did the later and couldn't see the file at first either.
posted 16 February 2004 09:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Well when you said advanced well for me no :'-( how shame for me
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » BRIDGE: walkable and ships can go underneath.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames