You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 29 June 2006 12:55 PM EDT (US)   
Note: This question thread has expired. It is however still very useful. But for the new thread, just go here!

So you have a question? You can post it here!
Lol, the actual asking of a question is approximately <1% of the entire question process. - oddy
Ironically, this thread has decreased the quality of posts at SD, because now only stupid people make a new thread for a question (the smart ones post it here). - Spitfire

An age has ended, the old question thread has reached the 2500th post, after the era's of King Jared and ArticWind7, we are in need of a new thread: It has many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them.

I have decided to put basic questions here, to help newbies finding their answer faster.
1. Where can I see the previous two threads?
Here. The questions from this thread have also been compiled into series of text files by Anastasoulis. They are available for download here. The second thread by ArticWind7 can be found here.
2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ.

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 02-12-2007 @ 08:20 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 June 2006 12:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2500  
sticky please!
posted 29 June 2006 01:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2500  
Comments? I still need a few more FAQ.

No matter what you say
posted 29 June 2006 01:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 2500  
If ever in need of viewing the previous thread, a link can be found HERE. The questions from this thread have also been compiled into series of text files by Anastasoulis. They are available for download HERE.

*Nudge nudge*

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 29 June 2006 02:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 2500  
Ok, I have put it in the FAQ, and I will probaly will make it the first question to read later on.

P.S: Thanks for the sticky!

No matter what you say
posted 29 June 2006 02:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 2500  

Quote:

Use the Modify Protounit effect (TT only)

Add that it is possible to use the "Set Tech Status" effect for Vanilla players, but that it is harder to do.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 29 June 2006 07:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 2500  
Dams it! Well, first question.

How do I make it so a loading screen pops up when a person travels to a place ie. boat? And with differnet places and endings. Its just to annoy the crap outta people.

'~SwordStorm's Accomplishments~'
'~The Vandhaal's Monkey Boy[?]~'
'~Owner of Papaya's 3,333rd Post~'
'~Owner of 666 post in Communitity RPG~'
'~Owner of 99,999 post in Scenario Discussion~'
'~Owner of Three Signatures in PF's Signature~'
posted 29 June 2006 07:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 2500  
Very common question asked:

How do you unlock the camera/lower the pitch?

See link below for why I say this question:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=t&number=13&dp=0&s_name=&s_subject=camera

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 06-29-2006 @ 07:29 PM).]

posted 29 June 2006 07:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 2500  
second question, How do you make it so when someone is fully healed, an effect happens?
posted 29 June 2006 09:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 2500  
@PIT_king2

It depends, do you want the effect to keep occuring or do you want it to just happen once when specific conditions are met? Give us some context and let us know whether you have AOM or AOT.

posted 30 June 2006 00:06 AM EDT (US)     10 / 2500  
Another question. How do you mske your map size bigger. I can only get it to 500x500, but ive seen way bigger.

Thanks

posted 30 June 2006 00:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 2500  
NO ADVERTISING -Papaya

HYPHY_ESCAPE V1 Can be found here
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=5200
408-633-8067 for the aom talk and chat line!
Proud Member of Lucky Zion Studios
LaserQuest Can be found Here>
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=5300

[This message has been edited by Papaya (edited 06-30-2006 @ 00:22 AM).]

posted 30 June 2006 00:30 AM EDT (US)     12 / 2500  
Hey all, I have a question!!! lol.... sooo my question is, HOW DO YOU WORK THE CONDITION: UNITS IN AREA....i have had so much trouble with this, and i am sure it is very obvious... lol. What gets me real bad is the operator. I very much understand what all of it stands for, but i dont no what the result would be if you put a certain operator with the other options you selected... so if you could plz help me out with the whole condition, that would help me a lot....TY...

Oh, one more thing, how do you get 1000x1000 map using reykk's editor???? I have all the stuff, i just dont know how to get it....If you could help with that too, that would be great....Thanks sooo much!!!

JerztheBearz in AIM, Shark_M0n_7 in AOMTT(internet), and more.
posted 30 June 2006 03:12 AM EDT (US)     13 / 2500  
Ah, forget it, I didn't see that you had already added them.

Quote:

second question, How do you make it so when someone is fully healed, an effect happens?

Hmm... Try with the "Percent Damaged" condition, and set the percent to zero. It works on both AoM and TT.

Quote:

Another question. How do you mske your map size bigger. I can only get it to 500x500, but ive seen way bigger.

Quote:

Oh, one more thing, how do you get 1000x1000 map using reykk's editor???? I have all the stuff, i just dont know how to get it....If you could help with that too, that would be great....Thanks sooo much!!!

Answer to both: I suppose you both have reyk's New Editor. Go to the "New" menu. Above a button named "Change", there's a dropdown menu with a lot of different numbers. If you select 1000, the map will become 1000x1000 and so on.

Quote:

Hey all, I have a question!!! lol.... sooo my question is, HOW DO YOU WORK THE CONDITION: UNITS IN AREA....i have had so much trouble with this, and i am sure it is very obvious... lol. What gets me real bad is the operator. I very much understand what all of it stands for, but i dont no what the result would be if you put a certain operator with the other options you selected... so if you could plz help me out with the whole condition, that would help me a lot....TY...

Do you want an effect to fire once a unit enters the area? If so, put the operator to <=.

Quote:

(Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).

^_^

Sweet baby maizes!

[This message has been edited by I Love Bananas (edited 06-30-2006 @ 03:35 AM).]

posted 30 June 2006 03:29 AM EDT (US)     14 / 2500  
Im guessing my question is going to go unaswered?

posted 30 June 2006 03:36 AM EDT (US)     15 / 2500  
The ony way to do that is switching to the next scenario...

No, wait, you could use the "Play Movie" effect and play a movie (featuring a loading screen) converted to an AoM movie file.

Sweet baby maizes!

[This message has been edited by I Love Bananas (edited 06-30-2006 @ 03:38 AM).]

posted 30 June 2006 03:59 AM EDT (US)     16 / 2500  
Hey, can my question be answered???? lol.....

posted 30 June 2006 04:45 AM EDT (US)     17 / 2500  
@ Paperfriend

@ SwordStorm

Sorry but I just don't know. Are you talking about a making a campaign maybe? Or, depending on what happened earlier, of different ways your scenario could take? This has been done a lot in AoK, what an amazing game by the way! Or just the objective window?

@ Shark_M0n_9

I've already answered your question. Reading time, again...? About doing some testing on your own on a small map?

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 06-30-2006 @ 05:01 AM).]

posted 30 June 2006 04:51 AM EDT (US)     18 / 2500  
@Shark_M0n_9
Read ILB's reply.

@nottud
Ok

No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 06-30-2006 @ 04:52 AM).]

posted 30 June 2006 05:11 AM EDT (US)     19 / 2500  
lol, i am too lazy to read it all, sry for that...by the way ty for answering all my questions...its not the last, and ill make sure to read just in case someone has already asked the same one i will be asking....so anyways ty....

EDIT: o crap forgot, in the condition: Units in Area, could you explain the other stuff??? I get some of it, but not all of it, i think i typed wrong on my other question for it, but see if you could answer that for me, too. Take care and good nite...

[This message has been edited by Shark_M0n_9 (edited 06-30-2006 @ 05:13 AM).]

posted 30 June 2006 05:14 AM EDT (US)     20 / 2500  
Could discribe the 'other stuff???'?

No matter what you say
posted 30 June 2006 05:32 AM EDT (US)     21 / 2500  
I mean ingame one scenario. Like you travel from point a to point b, but same effect from point r to d.

posted 30 June 2006 10:55 AM EDT (US)     22 / 2500  
How do you set a units hp at a certain hp? I tried Army set current hp and set current hp but they dont work online, and I don't think i can do damage unit because all the units will have different hps
posted 30 June 2006 10:57 AM EDT (US)     23 / 2500  
like it says in the topics main post, MODIFY PROTOUNIT.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 30 June 2006 11:11 AM EDT (US)     24 / 2500  
I think he means with healing.

@PIT_king: Damage Unit Percent, maybe?

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 30 June 2006 11:45 AM EDT (US)     25 / 2500  
no... it has to go to exactly 500 hp from anywhere between 1-2500 hp

[This message has been edited by PIT_king2 (edited 06-30-2006 @ 11:46 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames