You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Increasing gold quantity in gold mines - found a way!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 24 June 2008 06:06 AM EDT (US)   
Advanced appologies!: The tricks in this thread seem to be in no order and chaos, this is caused by me adding to the thread as I learn more. Sorry about that, I was too excited to share this new trick.

What a lot of gold for a gold mine! (Made by changing a villager gathering gold to a gold mine from a farm giving infinite gold (Using a secondary trick))

Villagers gathering gold from a berry bush!? They look as though they are carrying food but really they are carrying gold and require a gold deposite instead. (Made by changing a gold mine small into berry bushes)

The trick:

This involves use the transform trigger to change a villager that has mined gold into a gold mine. When you collect a resource, your villager holds the gold that it has collected rather like the gold in a gold mine. SO if you transform the villager into a gold mine then surely the gold mine has the same quantity of gold collected by the villager. Right!

You need to do the following though first. Modify the gold mine and the villager to have like unlimited gold carrying capacity. Then place some villagers of a player and render the quarry upgrade loads of times for faster mining. Increased rates will also help but only so much. Then get your villagers to mine all the gold so they end up carrying like 475384 gold. (Just made up the number) Then finally transform the villagers into gold mines. They will have the same amount of gold as they were carrying!

Fishing ships would be good for this too, combining some of the tricks from the other tricks section, you could make gold mines carry like an infinite capacity. By fishing from a fish supply carrying unlimited gold and then transforming a fishing boat.

Unfortunately you cannot do this while in the editor because carry amounts are reset when you playtest or save a game. So it all has to be done ingame which makes it much less useful.

Other useful stuff:

Transforming cow to villager will keep the food quantity providing the villager is able to carry it although you will not see the villager carrying food.

Lol, you can make trees carry gold using this trick!

Unfortunately - remember your limited to units you can transform to so you can only use gaia forest tree.

What you could do though is transfor gold mine small or medium to any type of tree without crash because the default animation is "none" meaning it is safe to transform to crashable unit. Remember to make the units able to carry the gold.

Unfortunately, you are limited to units that are actually able to carry gold, you cannot mine gold from a column or something like that!

LOL - you can make it so fish carry gold instead of food and fishing ships to collect gold from the fish!

Wow - you can even do it with favor and get fishing ships to collect favor from fish! (Shrines carry favor)

Salmon and other fish as well as farms carry 1000 food if changed.

Remember! - you must allow these objects to carry the resource in the first place using modifiy protounit or it will not work!

This is a major breakthrough with lots of cool ideas that can be used.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 06-24-2008 @ 08:31 AM).]

Replies:
posted 24 June 2008 06:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
Nottud=God

Amazing find nottud.
posted 24 June 2008 06:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
Added some more tricks.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 06-24-2008 @ 06:39 AM).]

posted 24 June 2008 08:49 AM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
Holy crap. I never thought this could be possible in a 1000000 years. I wanted ot use it ina couple of my old scenarios, but I have no use for it anymore. That does not change the fact that this is an astonishing discovery. NICE FIND nottud.

Newest Scenario: Death King RPG
Scenario in Progress: Death King RPG II
Download some awsome new triggers for AoMTT here (made by me)
Proud leader of the Modding project, Star Wars: Eras Engaged. Join us now!
Also a member (and founder) of the new modding studio, Epic Studios!
So do you want to learn how to create your own triggers? Well, now you can!
posted 24 June 2008 09:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
That is ridiculous! how did you figure that out?

Scenario in progress: Wanderer of Worlds RPG
Recent Scenario: Cliff Jumper Minigame (beta)
Check out my guide on how to make a cool custom special attack here!
posted 24 June 2008 09:32 AM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
Came as a brainwave. I was thinking there must be a link with villagers carrying gold and the gold in say a gold mine/ Carry capacity modifies how much gold CAN be in a gold mine, not how much is currently in it. So a way would be to find a way to add gold. ANd that was is to collect it in some way.

posted 24 June 2008 11:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
Wow! Can you shrink it into an effect?

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 24 June 2008 11:29 AM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
I approve of the 47 . Another great breakthrough.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 24 June 2008 11:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
Is that screenshot with the berries a map you've made?

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 24 June 2008 11:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
Would wood work? Chop some wood with a villager and transform into a tree?
posted 24 June 2008 12:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
The berries map was like a two minute map I made using the trick.

As for trigger effect that is going to be challenging since there are so many ways of doing the trick.

I am hopefully shortly going to finish my own little version of build a titan that uses it and does the gathering to increase the gold in the cinematic. Hopefully the gold mins will have like several MILLION gold each when I have finished it. (I am using the fishing boat trick and gathering from fish that have infinite gold)

I have done the shops and stuff, just need to add the cine and a few other triggers.

posted 25 June 2008 02:08 AM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
@nottud
I've been waiting for a solution to the "gold drought" problem i have in most BaT maps. After i buy a couple super minings, all gold in my mines go poof in a couple of seconds. I was getting sick of waiting for more mines to pop up after my villis vacummed all the gold up.

*bows down to nottud*
posted 25 June 2008 04:36 AM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
Lol - the best solution to that would be to have more gold effect more often? Or maybe it automatically triggers off for your area if you fall to like 10 gold mines or below.

posted 25 June 2008 03:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
Good tricks!

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 26 June 2008 12:38 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
Wow great find! I worship you! I'm confused about that fish to gold trick how would I do that? It seems really usefull to put in my scenarios....
posted 26 June 2008 12:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
Opens up a lot of scenario ideas. Awesome find nottud. And you can make fish have finite food? Like AoK? Nice.

I never asked for this.

[This message has been edited by Nitro Tractor (edited 06-26-2008 @ 12:52 PM).]

posted 26 June 2008 06:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
ALL HAIL NOTTUD that is a awesome find now zelda greek canyons wont need all those gold mines

One question though-
This involves use the transform trigger to change a villager that has mined gold into a gold mine.
wouldnt you need to have like a self timer or a pad the cit steps on cuz if you make it start out them turning into a gold mine wouldnt there b like no gold in it???

Darkness is eternal

Embrace it
Join the dark
And forever live

[This message has been edited by Jir198 (edited 06-26-2008 @ 06:13 PM).]

posted 27 June 2008 08:13 AM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
Yes - you need to actually put the gold in the villager first. Use a cinematic to make up for the time need caused by this.

posted 27 June 2008 08:37 AM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
And i try to make small gold mines into berry bushes but the berries still only give me food. wat do i need to do i kept looking over how you did it but i couldnt make it?

Darkness is eternal

Embrace it
Join the dark
And forever live
posted 27 June 2008 12:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
You need to make a gold mine, have a VILLY mine it, you must mod villy to get gold very fast and get to carry a lot of it, then use the TRANSFORM TRIGGER (not change unit type) to transform the villy (Villager not the gold mine) into a berry bush.

The villy is like the pre set gold mine you are feeding.

I understand you are new here, but please read again.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 27 June 2008 02:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
KK thank you

Darkness is eternal

Embrace it
Join the dark
And forever live
posted 27 June 2008 04:07 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
You can change the gold mine to berry bush directly but you need to make the bush able to carry gold using modify protounit.

Use the transform trigger here and does not work with normal gold mine. Use gold mine small or tiny.

posted 27 June 2008 05:43 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
ALL HAIL NOTTUD that is a awesome find now zelda greek canyons wont need all those gold mines
Whatever you want to do, don't do it!

That map is perfect as it is, if the gold would never run out there's no point at all in keeping someone blocked in his base... And you shouldn't reduce the number either, because than all villagers won't fit around it.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
posted 28 June 2008 03:39 AM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
Ummm... I'm trying to make it so you are able to collect favor from fish. But I can't seem to get it to work. I think I'm doing everything right:

-Modify protounit of Fishing Ship so it can carry 1 favor

-Modify protounit of Salmon so it can carry 1 favor

-Army change type from a bunch of Shrines into Salmon

What am I doing wrong? And how do Shrines work, exactly?

Z Z ZZZZZ ZZ Z ZZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZZ
Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z
ZZZ Z Z Z Z Z ZZZ Z Z ZZZ Z
Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z
Z Z ZZZZZ Z ZZ ZZZ ZZZ Z ZZZZ
Z
posted 28 June 2008 03:52 AM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
Make the fish carry like 99999999.0 favor and when changing the figh use TRANSFORM ALL UNITS ON MAP - not change type. If you don't have the trigger you need to download it. It is in the downloads under utility section.

posted 28 June 2008 03:57 AM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
The discoveries are never-ending.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Increasing gold quantity in gold mines - found a way!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: