Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoMH [community] Minigames map! - Glen654's Turn
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 29 April 2011 04:12 PM EDT (US)   
Age of Mythology Heaven Minigames!

Well lets start with this, we all know here, of two minigames that have been worked with tirelessly to create and are played until your hands fall off... literally...

Here is another minigames, using old ideas, and new ideas we will hopefully create a fun, entertaining and fresh minigames map, that will utilise creativity!

Minigames X and Minigames Y are the ones we best know of, and they are great and both have a feel of difference, you never feel like your playing the same game over and over... even though you are!

So, without Further ado, here is the Community Minigames thread!

How will it work?
I will give you 2 weeks to finish your piece on the map, you give me your email and we track it by changing the number at the end of the map, so the first version might look like this:
AoMHMinigames01

And then it would be followed by
AoMHMinigames02
I need your emails to do this!
What you do is trigger your own minigame to the map, which will then be added to the list at the bottom!

Current Designers:
Glen654
Lewonas
BSU_DoLhades
Harris6
FAILeliminator
Titan Kraken
BSU_DoLhades - Control Panel edit 2

Form to enter the community minigames:

[b]Email:[/b] (Type Email here)
[b]Map idea:[/b] (Type a brief bit on your minigame idea here so no one forgets while developing :O)

My email is:

midget1010@hotmail.com

(In AoMH format)

midget1010(at)hotmail(dot)com

Current Minigames:
Dodgeball (In Line!)
Phoenix Wars (In Line!)
Sheep Hunter (In Line!)
Mini-Escape (In Line!)
Random Survival (In Line!)
Titan Survival (In Line!)

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach

[This message has been edited by BSU_DoLhadeS (edited 10-08-2011 @ 04:34 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 April 2011 04:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 235  
Email: scacchisti@gmail.com
Map idea: Mini-escape | I've already made 2 of them so I believe I got some experience :P Would feature a fast and breathtaking gameplay, random roles and a lot of random events.

I'd like to suggest the use of my MP Triggers. They're useful but not indispensable. Instead, it's a must the use of Elrich's looped trigger disabler at the end of each minigame. The old QV system that was used in both Minigames X and Y is the cause of the lag that starts after playing 5-10 games.

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 29 April 2011 04:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 235  
E-mail: lewonas@live.nl

I will think of some minigames tomorrow.

@lostrozza: qv check and qv modify works too right

edit: ah wait no, it doesn't

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 04-29-2011 @ 04:39 PM).]

posted 29 April 2011 04:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 235  
Well, I was holding back from posting in Tasterix's thread until I could merge all my thoughts together but still...

Looks like you've decided minigames maps are the way to go for multiplayer. I agreed with this a few years back. But do you ever see Minigames X hosted? No.
The average ESO player will not play any maps that do not revolve around supremacy.

But still, if you want some tips for this to work:
Stop and pause. Any large minigames map NEEDS an efficient core system with protocols for starting games. Minigames X had a specific way of starting and ending each game in a uniform way that would always lead to choosing new games, diplaying points or choosing winners etc.. There were even systems in place to allow the host to quit certain games.
You can't just let people loose on the map without a mainframe of triggers to start/stop your games - otherwise there will be more bugs in it than vista.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 04-29-2011 @ 04:55 PM).]

posted 29 April 2011 05:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 235  
It was being hosted a lot in the year you published the scenario and the year after that.

Anyway, I like minigames and I think I could say all of us do. That's reason enough for me to go design the minigame map. I'm sure there are enough ESO players that will like this map as well. Those average ESO players can go play their brainless scenario games as much as they please. I don't care about them
You can't just let people loose on the map without a mainframe of triggers to start/stop your games - otherwise there will be more bugs in it than vista.
I don't see why not? If someone just made a new minigame we could just add the minigame to the "Minigames Square", add a trigger to fire the cinematic which belongs to that minigame, add a trigger to modify the points for players that won the minigame and finally add a fire event effect which leads back to the "Minigame Square".

But yes, it would be better if the person who's currently working on the scenario already does those things himself. So before we start, we should add at least a trigger which contains a camera track which leads back to the Minigames Square + show the current amount of points the players have.

Final edit: I will take responsibility for all bugged triggers. I will not rest until I've fixed all of 'em.

There.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 04-29-2011 @ 05:18 PM).]

posted 29 April 2011 05:37 PM EDT (US)     5 / 235  
Actually if you host Minigames X you can still fill it pretty quickly

I dont think people like hosting it, a few of my friends hate the control panel, but if you host it they will join

Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 29 April 2011 05:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 235  
it is not LostrozzaTheVandhaals turns

I am re-signing up to get my minigame in

Email: Not required, in OP
Minigame: Random survival, you dont know whats coming at you and you dont know how to play it... till your enemies come at you or throw god powers at you!

The person who is alive at the end wins!

posted 29 April 2011 07:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 235  
Email: faileliminator@aol.com
I'm good with triggers, and have been working on a scenario that I want to take a break from.
So, I guess I'm not a designer (yet), but I'd be glad to help. I already have an idea for a minigame... but it needs more thought before I post...

It started with a low light; Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
And then they took my blood type; It left a strange impression in my head.
You know that I was hoping; That I could leave this star-crossed world behind
But when they cut me open; I guess I changed my mind.
------------------------------------------
Hmm.. How about FAIL for another twat Member of the Month :P ~BSU_DoLhades
posted 29 April 2011 08:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 235  
Email: quebec.is.a.country@hotmail.com (I have 8 adresses)
Map idea: Dodgeball: the hero will have to avoid the balls thrown by a canon. The more level he'll advance, the faster will be balls' speed, and the more there will be, and maybe multiple throwers for boss challenges. It will also include power-ups and arena things, I'll think more about it soon

Also my tiggers probably won't work online, so... someone will have to test them online and/or fix them

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 29 April 2011 09:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 235  
Creating the scoring and game selection first would be much easier than trying to patch everything together after everyone made their games...

I think FOG.
posted 30 April 2011 06:10 AM EDT (US)     10 / 235  
Do not worry. That's what we're going to do first Villi

posted 30 April 2011 07:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 235  
Haha nice ! You should call it Minigames Z ^^

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.
posted 30 April 2011 07:17 AM EDT (US)     12 / 235  
I did try starting a singleplayer one called Minigames Z but nothing ever came of it . Singleplayer minigames are generally more difficult than multiplayer.
I made a few minigames scenarios before X, and there were quite a few good ideas in there.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 30 April 2011 07:50 AM EDT (US)     13 / 235  
Where do I find the map to design on? You didn't attach it to the email..

Also, like yeebaagooon said, we need to respect some "protocols" in order to get a functional scenario. For example, set some effects at the start and at the end of every minigame and their properties, like the number of seconds to fade in and out, etc.
If it's ok I can make 2 inactive trigger templates called minigame_start and minigame_end, to copy and use for any minigame. Of course you would then add the specific effects for the minigame you're designing.

And the name you use for the tirggers should recall the minigame, in Minigames Y I used the initials of the minigames' name, like BotS_Something for Battle of the Shapeshifters.

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 30 April 2011 09:21 AM EDT (US)     14 / 235  
Email: mister.scp(at)googlemail.com (oh how creative^^)
Map idea: [Sheep] Hunters: In AOE3 all players have a dog and you have to get sheeps into a targeted area. There are also bonus animals like cows and goats.
This uses some antigravity triggers for the dogs to scare the sheeps

I just made it in AOE3 duno if you have also a disable Autoconvert trigger for sheeps. If not all other animals/units would work as well. I've AOM+TT

If we make kinda island also boat race would be possible
Also a Team Minigame map (2v2 or 3 v3 would be possible). That would be also kinda unique

Also I'd like to have for every minigame a Trigger Group. The Starting Trigger for every event could be named like
Start_Minigame1
Start_Minigame2
Start_Minigame3
or
Minigame_SH (->sheep hunters)
Minigame_CTM (->capture the mill)

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 04-30-2011 @ 09:30 AM).]

posted 30 April 2011 10:41 AM EDT (US)     15 / 235  
Actualkly I believe Lewonas will be taking responsibility for that, so he will do it after Lostro :P

Seems we have good popularity!

Good luck guys!

I will be doing more on the map after I get Lostros version, then Lewonas can trigger some bits for me :P

posted 30 April 2011 10:52 PM EDT (US)     16 / 235  
Hmm... anyone want my old team minigames map?

I'm sure i still have it somewhere... burning in hell and dying of trigger failures...

hm...

on second thought maybe we should let it die.
posted 30 April 2011 10:57 PM EDT (US)     17 / 235  
For those who weren't here when i was making that it was as whoever it was suggested a few posts ago

2v2 minigames. Map was quite large and had about... oh i don't really remember but i'm going to guess 3000 triggers when i just gave up.

I made a thread or two about it i think.
posted 01 May 2011 06:14 AM EDT (US)     18 / 235  
I like the team minigames idea but I don't know if we should include them in a FFA minigames scenario: I wouldn't want to team up with the player who has the most points so that he can get more points if we win!

@hades: Is lostrozza working on a blank map now?? I thought we would add the "Minigames Square" and the Minigames_start & _end triggers first.

@lostrozza: How exactly will the mini-escape work? Will there be 1 player who hunts the other 3 or is the comp a hunter?

posted 01 May 2011 07:10 AM EDT (US)     19 / 235  
Not a blank map, but it is a map with just the terrain on to indicate where the minigames chooser is and the host panel are

posted 01 May 2011 08:09 AM EDT (US)     20 / 235  
@Lewonas: Well I thought to make it 2 hunters vs 2 runners and hunters would share points if they won, runners instead could share points if they both survive or get all of them if there's only a survivor.

I can also make an autoescape though if you think that's better.

posted 01 May 2011 09:25 AM EDT (US)     21 / 235  
I converted today some array effects from AOE3 so I havent to start from scratch. Need now only nottud's superpack :O!

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 01 May 2011 09:55 AM EDT (US)     22 / 235  
I think auto escape would be better because there will only be 1 victorer at the end (waves get harder and harder until they are practically impossible to survive).

posted 01 May 2011 10:39 AM EDT (US)     23 / 235  
I'll go for it then.

posted 01 May 2011 12:13 PM EDT (US)     24 / 235  
hmm

Here are some ideas for people stuck for ideas:

Tower Defence:
A competitive map, you each try to defend against the onslaught of enemy forces, to beat the last enemies will mean you get a huge amount of points (Especially if you ticked Expert mode)

This is a guarenteed points round, depending on what round you die on, it gives you points, e.g. death on round 1 = 1 point. Bonus points for last and second to last survivor, and bonus points to staying to the end

posted 01 May 2011 12:20 PM EDT (US)     25 / 235  
I actually hope there will be new minigame ideas, and not ideas from already excisting scenarios. =/

That's why I like the sheep hunter idea a lot

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 05-01-2011 @ 12:23 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AoMH [community] Minigames map! - Glen654's Turn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames