Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Slavic Civilization Mod
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 29 March 2006 10:40 PM EDT (US)   
From the people (me) who brought you the Age of Celts, is a new civilization replace mod, the Slavs! With nine new minor gods, three new major gods, twelve new god powers, all new human soldiers, two new types of heroes and eleven new myth units, the Slavs are an almost totally new race.

Download it now!

Screenshots:
A crowd of Vampires
Three mystic horsemen.
An army of Horned Demons
Dimkos, Svarog's myth unit
Vkodlaks, Slavic werewolves, attacking Druzhinniks
Vila,winged spirits of the dead
Battling Kovlads
Some Leshii killing a few Befulc
Rusalka
A flock of Simargls
A bogatyr, the Slavic hero
One of four Slavic menu backgrounds
Slavic troops, lined up, prepared for battle
*Dahzbog's Wonder
*Perun's wonder
*Svarohzich, the Slavic Titan
Questions, Comments?

Edit: You can now download a preview of a Slavic myth unit, the Kovlad, Here

Thanks to Dude12345 and crazydragon for their help on this mod!

[This message has been edited by skystrider (edited 10-21-2007 @ 09:49 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 March 2006 10:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 76  
posted 30 March 2006 00:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 76  
posted 30 March 2006 00:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 76  
Hey skystrider lookin good , I cant wait till you finish it.

And thank for the help on the convert from loki druid I got it to work , In fact I had it right the first time but I was testing in the editer and I dident know you had to have a population in order for the power to work ,

If you get a chance check out my new titan project mods in the modpack section you might see something you can use or maybe I can make some new one for you .

posted 01 April 2006 08:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 76  
Looks good, very good.
I wish you much luck with your mod!
posted 01 April 2006 11:18 AM EDT (US)     5 / 76  
I added some new screenshots.
No planned release date as of yet.
Crazydragon: I'm glad you got the conversion working. I checked out your titans; they look awesome. Especially Skadi. As you can see, the Slavs already have a Titan, but if I need help I'll be sure to contact you.

posted 01 April 2006 09:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 76  
posted 02 April 2006 07:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 76  
This looks awesome. Nice work!

posted 05 April 2006 08:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 76  
Hey I like your Titan , was it made from scrach. or did you resize an exsisting unite to make it , Ive been trying to learn how to resize unites in Gmax but still very very new to it and havent had any luck.
posted 05 April 2006 09:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 76  
I think for the titan he used a mountain giant's model and enlarged it.

posted 05 April 2006 09:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 76  
Tsk tsk tsk, You forgot my credit!

'/-~~''._/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_.''~~-\'
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|~__/*Post your B-Day Here!*\__~|
/~-\* Rohirram Modpack-90%*/-~\
\___/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\___/
~'\______/¯¯\--/¯¯¯\--/¯¯\______/'~
*dude's big adventure courtesy of deadhead.
posted 06 April 2006 00:00 AM EDT (US)     11 / 76  
Thats kinda what I thought , I would love to do that to , colossus to make Aries , or Guardian to make Anubis there are a lot of others that can be made too if I can just learn how to resize them.

skystrider
maybe youll help me out Ive been working in Gmax trying to resize Guardian to Titan size , I read Argalius's guide but I cant find gmax explorer to export and save the new model

This is where Im at in the guide

3. Now press F11 and window called ‘MAXScript Listener’ should show up. Now make sure that the cursor stands at the top of the writing like this:

4. Open GMAX Explorer
5. Give the file the name you want. And click on ‘Export and Save’. The file will now be saved in the folder of GMAX Explorer as a .3dx file.

[This message has been edited by crazydragon (edited 04-08-2006 @ 08:25 PM).]

posted 09 April 2006 02:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 76  
Is there an estimated release date?

posted 09 April 2006 07:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 76  
Yeah, the Titan is just a really big Mountain Giant model.
crazydragon - I don't use G-Max Explorer. What I do is I select all of the MaxScript code (the **START** to **END** stuff) then right click on it and pick copy on the drop down menu.

Then I copy it into a Notepad document and save it as whatevermodelIwant.3dx and convert it to a .brg using AoMeD.

Did that make sense?

posted 09 April 2006 09:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 76  
Thanks alot skystrider that will realy help

If you dont mind I had another qustion , someone told me you have to make a small change to the model before you save it , I mean after you enlarg it , is that true?

OH and what Titan did you use for age of celts , when I installed it I couldent get the Titan to work.

I asked because I just finished Titan Brigid ,celtic godess of fire , healing .ect but you know that already, any way she turned out cool .

Thanks again for the help.

PS.

Ok I just tryed to do as you sugested but Im having a problem selecting the tex in order to copy it , I tryed select all but it wont select all the text only part so I tryed to drag select and it wont let me do that .

Have you had this problem or am I doing somthing wrong.

[This message has been edited by crazydragon (edited 04-09-2006 @ 10:30 PM).]

posted 09 April 2006 11:02 PM EDT (US)     15 / 76  
Did you scale the model or enlarge it and from where did you get those portraits?

I am the other brother of Richard the lion hearted, not really
I fight for my nation in dreamland, in reality I dont fight for my nation
I live in the modern world, I dont live in the past
All of the above was said by Henry The Lion
posted 10 April 2006 08:35 PM EDT (US)     16 / 76  
I dont know about skystrider
but you can find some very cool art to use for portraits at renderosity that were I get all mine. well most anyway.

http://www.renderosity.com/

check out the gallery you will have to sign up to get in.

posted 10 April 2006 08:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 76  
Nice link.

That will help me with my mods

posted 10 April 2006 09:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 76  
Its a great sorce for textures too, It takes some time to find what your looking for , there are so many artest gallerys , but you can find armor ,weapons hair texture and a lot more , and a lot of the art is awesome too. mostly rendered in poser.
posted 16 April 2006 12:45 PM EDT (US)     19 / 76  
can anyone tell me where to find a good animation tutorial for beginers, I enlarged Guardian to Titan size but the arms when he attacks shrink and go flat , same thing for the bored animation , so I need to make new ones ,Ive already looked at a few tutorials on this and dident get very far.
posted 16 April 2006 07:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 76  
seems skyrifer is using the old ways of copy and pasting.
posted 17 April 2006 00:49 AM EDT (US)     21 / 76  
i dl the mod pack for the slavic myth and it amussing cause my hesirs were sumoning them and other mods but any way what i want to no is wtf r zorya for? all the do is dance. r they scouts?
posted 18 April 2006 06:22 PM EDT (US)     22 / 76  
zorya can heal, can't they?
Mine can.
posted 11 June 2006 00:52 AM EDT (US)     23 / 76  
THE SLAVS ARE COMING! SOON!
(aka as soon as I can get them uploaded. They are done!)

[This message has been edited by skystrider (edited 06-11-2006 @ 12:06 PM).]

posted 11 June 2006 06:49 PM EDT (US)     24 / 76  
Wooo!!! Finally, it took a long time. I'll be waiting for it on the dl section.
posted 11 June 2006 07:00 PM EDT (US)     25 / 76  
Hmm. Looks cool. So do celts. But I'm way too noobie to even be able to dl it. But, someday, I hope to make my own civilization- the ricorians! (they dont actually exist in case any one is feeling like they dont know about some civilization that they should ). I am already laying out major gods, minor gods, god paths, units etc, and assuming what would make them balanced. But I have no clue how to mod. So that plan is on hold for like 20 years or so.

But I saw the slavic screenshots and they definately look cool- it would be more interesting if the fortress wasnt just a texture mod (that's what a texture mod is right?) on an atlantean palace but was changed in shape something a little like the circular barracks thing or the top of the odin tower (thats what it is right?) with the wall around it in the mythic age city thing. But I really shouldnt be talking, I'm a total n00b and for all I know doing what i'm suggesting could be the hardest modding job in the world or something, or maybe in your expert opinion it looks fine the way it is. I still think itd look cool, tho, even if you dont want to/cant do it.

Slavs look awesome, wish I could download it...

SAVE THE WADJETS
I was on these forums before you were BORN!!!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames