You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I made Sphinx Teleport through Walls!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 16 January 2008 07:44 PM EDT (US)   
I gave sphinx the a teleport attack in the protox. It already had anim of teleport in and teleport out so all I had to do was run the game, place a wall and attack it. As soon as the sphinx went to the wall, it used its teleport animations and it appeared on the other side of the wall. It was so cool!!
<action name="Teleport">
<param name="MaximumRange" value1="6.0"></param>
<param name="Rate" type="HumanSoldier" value1="1.0"></param>
</action>
Make sure to misspell the whirlwind attack in the protox so the sphinx doesn't use that power instead. Enjoy!

Screens:
1 2

[This message has been edited by tasev (edited 01-16-2008 @ 08:13 PM).]

Replies:
posted 28 January 2008 04:33 AM EDT (US)     26 / 34  
I don't really know what you're talkign about, but generally it goes like this:

hardcoded = bad for modders

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
posted 28 January 2008 06:34 PM EDT (US)     27 / 34  
^^Not true.
Hardcoded = VERY BAD for modders.
Geesh get it right!

Check out all of the mods I made here

[This message has been edited by MythicRuler (edited 01-28-2008 @ 06:35 PM).]

posted 18 December 2015 07:37 PM EDT (US)     28 / 34  
cool

posted 05 January 2016 03:44 PM EDT (US)     29 / 34  
loool cool.. i got a program called notepad++ so i used this to open the aomx.exe and tried to find for the word "teleport" e just found one match... so i copied the whole line

Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero
posted 11 January 2016 01:11 PM EDT (US)     30 / 34  
^This is awesome! Anything else to find?

posted 11 January 2016 02:19 PM EDT (US)     31 / 34  
What is possible with pivotLeft/right, behindAttack, dormant, overrideAnimation and LokiHero? Can these lines being add in the protox? Or is it useless...
posted 11 January 2016 07:24 PM EDT (US)     32 / 34  
hmm "Cast Attack"

hmm, maybe it is possible to make a system where a hero, can cast gps, but there is no "cast", and castAttack was the hero attacking while he was getting attacked by other units.

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)
posted 11 January 2016 10:30 PM EDT (US)     33 / 34  
I bet LokiHero is related to Loki's Hersirs spawing MUs

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 11 January 2016 11:03 PM EDT (US)     34 / 34  
yea it is

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » I made Sphinx Teleport through Walls!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames