You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Tell ES: What new triggers do you want?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 9  Next Page »
posted 09 May 2003 12:05 PM EDT (US)   
Hi folks. I'm the lead programmer on the upcoming Titans expansion, and I'd like to get some thoughts from y'all on what new trigger conditions and effects you'd like to see added to Age of Mythology.

A few informational notes:

-- The more clearly you communicate, the more likely I am to understand your point and be able to do something about it. Posting "ur triger to make teh axemens r0x0r!" isn't going to be very useful. :-)

-- Obviously, we cannot implement every possible suggestion, so posting here isn't any kind of a guarantee that your idea will get implemented. But I will read all the postings here and make sure they are considered.

That said... I'd love to hear what is on your trigger system wish list!

Replies:
posted 10 May 2003 08:41 AM EDT (US)     26 / 223  
This doesn't really pertain to the "trigger wish list", but a plain map instead of the elevated map you get when entering the Editor would be appreciated.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
posted 10 May 2003 11:15 AM EDT (US)     27 / 223  
Change Range
Range of unit can be added or subtracted.

Become Hero
A unit can become a hero. EX: With a trig a Champion Axeman could now be a "Champion Axeman (Hero)" This goes along with the idea of being able to change name so It could be "Sam (Hero)" or whatever.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper

[This message has been edited by The Adder (edited 05-10-2003 @ 11:19 AM).]

posted 10 May 2003 11:22 AM EDT (US)     28 / 223  
I wouldnt mind seeing some extra god powers in the grant/invoke god power list. ex)

Cow Storm: a army of cows drop on the selected area and flaten everything in site

or

Circe's Blessing: Make a unit into a that of hero with an added bonus of a very light lightning damage atack

or

Tsunami: Generate a huge wave into your enemy's islands and smash em up good.

And although it would be near imposible to do in game, a gop power customizer would probably create the awe effect for most people but that is probably just wishful thinking.

[This message has been edited by Niadanac (edited 05-10-2003 @ 11:31 AM).]

posted 10 May 2003 11:48 AM EDT (US)     29 / 223  

Quote:

Change Elevation

Change Terrain

I fail to see the difference between this and "Raise/Lower Terrain" and "Paint Terrain"

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 10 May 2003 12:11 PM EDT (US)     30 / 223  
I think he means as effects so you can change those things in-game?

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
posted 10 May 2003 12:22 PM EDT (US)     31 / 223  
The effect that everybody wants: CHANGE NAME!!!

Another triggers that were in AoK and I´d like to see are:
Change HP
Patrol
Change attack

Exactly like your previous game... i don´t have to write an explanation, do i?

Another triggers that I would like are: "change unit range" for range units (archers and so on) and "change armor". I don´t mean modifying the health points, but the armor points. I don´t think these would be too dificult...

Anyway the trigger I do really want is "Change name"!!!

posted 10 May 2003 12:26 PM EDT (US)     32 / 223  
Add as many triggers as you guys want, but be sure to add a Unit Editor..that's all I need.

Thanks for the thread,

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 10 May 2003 04:30 PM EDT (US)     33 / 223  
here's a test xemu, what do YOU think the editor needs?

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
posted 10 May 2003 11:57 PM EDT (US)     34 / 223  
Good Question.

Also, I'd like to see raise, lower, and change terrain triggers.

I've heard somewhere that there are no fires in hell
Just constant reminders that all you did was fail

I'm baaack
posted 11 May 2003 01:03 AM EDT (US)     35 / 223  
Lol those guys want a LOT of things that seems wont be posible to add. I just want that the next editor have:

-Unit stats editor.Just like in AoE (Armor,HP,Atack) and if posible deeper details of the units like speed,atack speed,train time,cost,buildings where they can be trained, time needed for their special atack to be recharged (MU´s),range... I mean that this time u can really edit every unit as much as posible.

Thanks 4 listen to us.

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation
Myr_Enforcerer----------------------------------------------1800 (Greek)
dw_wb------------------------------------------------------17xx (Smurf)
posted 11 May 2003 01:10 AM EDT (US)     36 / 223  
Hi, thanks for your support ES_Xemu!

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO:

Fix all the triggers and make them all work for both single and multiplayer.

Triggers:

Besides all the unit editing triggers, there needs to be a box that can come up in the middle of the screen that has room for 4 or 5 lines of dialog along with up to 3 options.

For Example:

Options:

1. I would like to buy armor
2. I would like to buy a weapon
3. No thank you.

When option 1, 2 or 3 is selected it would then fire a trigger.

posted 11 May 2003 01:34 AM EDT (US)     37 / 223  
let all brush sizes paint water, I HATE not being able to make a small creek without.. making a BIG lake then adding land around it.....

-For the glory of Greece
posted 11 May 2003 02:03 AM EDT (US)     38 / 223  
A counter to count number of units killed by a particular player.

For RMS, the ablity to union and intersect areas to create other areas.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
posted 11 May 2003 02:21 AM EDT (US)     39 / 223  
The ablity to selet several terrain types and mesh them

OR

A built in terrain maker

IE-Select grass, swamp - Select snow, light

Parrothead Sines- Loveable Asshole
    Music ||Food || Womens
    jjohn is better than Elpea,and the Fonz put together - BK 101
    You're lucky I love you - Elpea
posted 11 May 2003 03:04 AM EDT (US)     40 / 223  
I would like to be able to test untis like I could back in AOC without having to set any triggers.

Woadie: Sarcastic Commie b@$t@rd
Shameless blog plug!
posted 11 May 2003 03:17 AM EDT (US)     41 / 223  
Just a minor note, to those of you requesting icon and color formatting in the chat strings. I believe this already should be possible, using the same markup notation used elsewhere in the game, such as the rollover help.

I believe the format is (though I don't have the source handy to look it up right now):

<color="r g b">
<icon="(32)(iconname)">
(that 32 is actually an adjustable value for the width of the icon)

Similiarly, it is possible to implement "not" and "or" operations (albeit in an awkward fashion) by using multiple triggers. For instance, have trigger A be not active, but have your real effects on it. Then have trigger B and trigger C, each of which represents the conditions you want to logically OR together, and have their effects activate trigger A.

In regards to multiplayer behavior of triggers, unfortunately some triggers have to be limited in multiplayer for security reasons, but where possible, we try to make sure it works on both. In some cases (like the issue with GPs we fixed in the patch) it was merely an oversight, and not a "deep" issue causing the problem in MP.

Some great suggestions so far, thanks!

posted 11 May 2003 03:40 AM EDT (US)     42 / 223  
I want to see more animations for different units, and to be able to preview this.

Perhaps something that easily changes the look of a unit's attack (Such as in wc3 - specify the file, the unit does the attack)

Actually, if you could just add half the things wc3's editor had, with your engine/graphics i'd be completely satisfied and then some

BTW, thanks for asking our opinions.

posted 11 May 2003 04:15 AM EDT (US)     43 / 223  
I want Dodo's in the editor ( you know, the bird )
they could be a food source ( and make a DOH-DOH sound )
and maybe you could include mighty Dodo warriors too ( Grrrr )
yes! Dodo's with sword and armour, FEEL THE POWER!
and uh....maybe you could include and "battle field" template, coverd with mud,and strewn with bodies, kinda like World war 1.
posted 11 May 2003 04:28 AM EDT (US)     44 / 223  

Quote:

...unfortunately some triggers have to be limited in multiplayer for security reasons...

Thanks for the reply, but that's not good enough for me.

Can you at least try and find new and innovative ways to fix the triggers that won't work?

Maybe add two different lists for triggers, Multiplayer and Single Player. It would help people remember the triggers that do work for multiplayer.

posted 11 May 2003 04:52 AM EDT (US)     45 / 223  
a trigger that allows you two worship 2-3 minor gods from the same age. as in, i want to simultaeneously be able to build minotaurs, centaurs and cyclopses, and have the repective techs for each g-d researchable, as opposed to one MU being available for that age, and having to research most of the techs with triggers. at the momemt researchinh 2 age upgrades fir the same age only gives you both GP's
posted 11 May 2003 05:40 AM EDT (US)     46 / 223  
I haven't used the editor beyond the very basics, so I can't suggest any triggers. However my main requests for it in general are these.
  • More friendly UI. Why can't it just have standard Windows menus, common dialog boxes for save and open, and normal scroll bars and combo boxes? The customized AoM ones are very buggy in places
  • Ability to change the camera pitch
  • posted 11 May 2003 06:10 AM EDT (US)     47 / 223  
    I would want to see an editor like the raise elevation button where you can raise or lower an object into the air or submerged.
    posted 11 May 2003 06:27 AM EDT (US)     48 / 223  
    ES im very gratefull you have had the time to listen from your fans. I know you could make quite a few of us very happy by adding some scn editor only units. You had the time to add the flying purple hippo and a giant fork boy. Just some units called 'elf' or 'orc' or 'wizard'. Just some units to give scn and modders more varitey.

NERO
    "Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."
    - Bill Peterson, football coach

posted 11 May 2003 09:48 AM EDT (US)     49 / 223  
    Like some said before, I really want the ability to change a unit/object's name/hp/other stats.

In game name: Stormy_Sky ---Previously known as Darkest_Knight
    posted 11 May 2003 09:53 AM EDT (US)     50 / 223  
    A bunch of these have already been mentioned, but I'll list them anyways.

1. Easy to use Name,HP, Speed, Armor, Attack, Range, LOS, and Special ability editor (for units that are on the map from the start), and triggers for units that show up later.
    2. An editor that allows you to swap different parts from units (for example, using a centaur, replacing his bow with a sword and shield and giving him a helmet).
    3. More sandbox units. Some invisible walls, maybe traps? Like a net hooked up to a tree, it'd hurt you and disable you for a little while. Stuff like that.
    4. Make it so you can implement more than one god power in an area (you might be able to do this now, I'm not sure).
    5. Sandbox terrain. Something that might not be used in RMs or the Campaigns. I've been achin' for a cloud terrain/sky blue water.
    6.Chat recognition. For example, if the main character was offered a quest in an RPG, he could accept or decline using 1 or 2, ya know, just simple stuff like that. And there would be more than 2 choices, more like 10 I guess. This would really add some personality to scenarios (multiple responses)
    7. Water level triggers. Actually, I didn't even think of this til reading this thread. Floods, stuff like that.
    8. Previewable animations. Also, I wouldn't want Arkantos' animations limited to him. I'd want to use them with other units, too.
    9. Surprise us

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 9  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Tell ES: What new triggers do you want?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames