Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Poll: SD Competition Theme
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01 December 2007 05:10 PM EDT (US)   
Hi guys! Papaya, ILB and I have been discussing some themes for the new SD competition and have come up with 3 really good ideas. However, we think it would be best if you guys started voting for your favourite, seeing as its your competition .

Idea 1: Historic Event Spin-off Votes: 11
We thought that this would require a lot of creativity and be a great theme to get people started as it has lots of possibilities. The main categories would probably be: Trigger work, Eyecandy, Humour and maybe little extras. This would probably be the largest of the three ideas. eg. If Julius Caesar never got killed.

Idea 2: Main Menu Competition Votes: 1
This was originally Paperfriend's idea. We like this idea because it would have to engage the judge in exciting events. The categories would be something like: Trigger work, Eyecandy, Originality, Little extras. This would be quite simple to make and wouldn't really need a restriction.

Idea 3: Boss Fight Votes: 23
We like this idea because it can be as simple or as complex as the designer wants it to be. It would also have a size restriction of 100x100 maximum, so it could have a lot of variety. The categories would be: Trigger work, Eyecandy, Creativity, Balance and little extras. This idea was originally put forward by Mephiles.

So there you have it. If you wish to vote please put the idea number in bold:
[b]Vote for: Idea X[/b]
This will be open for a while, as it would be best to hold the competition in the new year so people could give it their full attention .

Happy voting.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-07-2007 @ 11:15 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02 December 2007 04:54 AM EDT (US)     26 / 53  
Idea 3: Boss Fight

By the way, I never made that poll to create a boss competition, Infact, it was what I was try to prevent! I was doing it because me and Yeebaa are working on something together!

Can two people work on it?

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor

[This message has been edited by Mephiles (edited 12-02-2007 @ 04:54 AM).]

posted 02 December 2007 06:29 AM EDT (US)     27 / 53  
Vote for: Idea 1: Historic Event Spin-off

This definitely is the best one, in my opinion.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 02 December 2007 06:36 AM EDT (US)     28 / 53  
Idea 3

Idea 1 will fail horribly, just like the previous competition.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 02 December 2007 07:14 AM EDT (US)     29 / 53  
agreed.

-[Hello..
posted 02 December 2007 07:42 AM EDT (US)     30 / 53  
I think the last one failed because it was bang in the middle of the summer holiday.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 02 December 2007 09:23 AM EDT (US)     31 / 53  
Vote for: Idea 3

And does anyone have any idea when the competition will start?

I love Marneus Calgar more than anyone else at Heavengames!
Accomplishments:
The Run Back Home (for AoM)(4.2),Arrow Key Movement (for AoM), WorldMap v2 (3.1)(for AoE3) Fight for Life RPG (For AoE3)
Work In Progress:
Click Upon an Old Man (30% complete)
posted 02 December 2007 10:19 AM EDT (US)     32 / 53  
Vote for: Idea 1
posted 02 December 2007 11:17 AM EDT (US)     33 / 53  
Vote for: Idea 1 - Historical Spin Off

Great creative opportunities, good for people of both little and great imagination.

Vote for: Idea 1 - Historical Spin Off

saw somebody else voted twice so thought I would too even the score

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 02 December 2007 01:36 PM EDT (US)     34 / 53  
Idea 1

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible
posted 02 December 2007 02:59 PM EDT (US)     35 / 53  
Heh, that was Steak and Khan. Steak and Khan are two different people using the same account.

By the way, how far did we get on the size restriction part of this?

Sweet baby maizes!

[This message has been edited by I Love Bananas (edited 12-02-2007 @ 03:01 PM).]

posted 02 December 2007 03:17 PM EDT (US)     36 / 53  
would boss fight be cinematic, played, or either/both? I'm for cinematic unless you actually have to do something.

death is not the worst, it is the ultimate end
posted 02 December 2007 07:44 PM EDT (US)     37 / 53  
Heh, that was Steak and Khan. Steak and Khan are two different people using the same account
How do you know Anno & Dominus are not different people?

I never asked for this.
posted 02 December 2007 09:27 PM EDT (US)     38 / 53  

Read above!

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 02 December 2007 11:02 PM EDT (US)     39 / 53  
Lol, Anno & Dominius, that's wicked! I sound like a designer clothes label!

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 03 December 2007 00:14 AM EDT (US)     40 / 53  
Imagine if we all were two people with one account:
Nitro & Tractor
sneaky & squirrel
Nano & dude
I hope that number 1 wins but then again Idea 3 will be easier but either way I would suck at both!

<3
posted 03 December 2007 00:19 AM EDT (US)     41 / 53  
I don't think #1 and #3 will gather enough entries due to their complexity. #3 sounds easy enough but first you have to come up with an original idea which can be challenging.

So I would like to cast my vote for #2. Main menus are really amazing. There's so much you can do with them thanks to nottud's menu formation. You can add different camera cuts for each menu screen (MP, SP, More, etc.), custom sound, text, animations (except in multiplayer?), and all those other goodies. Then just put two or three different events in the menu and loop them and you're done.

posted 03 December 2007 06:06 AM EDT (US)     42 / 53  
How do you know Anno & Dominus are not different people?
Probably because he refers to himself as I, not we.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 03 December 2007 04:25 PM EDT (US)     43 / 53  
I'm thinking 1 or 3.

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 03 December 2007 04:30 PM EDT (US)     44 / 53  

This can help designers think out side of the box for making a rpg, which is always nice. (no more hack, and slash for 5 minutes to kill one uber(100% armor) huge generic unit!)

Archer Fire War Great fun for the whole family, if they can handle it!
Archer Fire War -Assault- Set at a much faster, and easier pace to play!
posted 03 December 2007 06:09 PM EDT (US)     45 / 53  
@antisquishy_genn - thats what i don't want to see

death is not the worst, it is the ultimate end

[This message has been edited by nuclear arbitor (edited 12-03-2007 @ 06:09 PM).]

posted 05 December 2007 07:25 AM EDT (US)     46 / 53  
I don't really get what you mean with Idea 1: Do you have to make a screenshot of
eg. If Julius Caesar never got killed.
or about something else of course, or do you have to make a whole map about a historic event? And that
would require a lot of creativity (and a lot of work then!)
I think that most people won't finish the map which they actually wanted to enter then. But it is still a pretty good idea. Don't forget that this is only my opinion

But I vote for idea 3: Boss Fight anyway, because most people can think of a good / spectacular boss fight and have a big chance to win. That makes this idea a lot more interesting, and it would get more exciting when the competition starts.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 05 December 2007 09:05 AM EDT (US)     47 / 53  

Any word on whether or not mods will be allowed? I've got an awesome idea cookin'.
posted 05 December 2007 10:54 AM EDT (US)     48 / 53  
When will the Competition start?

-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 05 December 2007 11:13 AM EDT (US)     49 / 53  
or about something else of course, or do you have to make a whole map about a historic event?
This is a scenario competition, like A to B. So screenshots will not be considered entries.
When will the Competition start?
Not decided yet, to my knowledge.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 05 December 2007 11:21 AM EDT (US)     50 / 53  
When will the competition start?
Form the main post:
This will be open for a while, as it would be best to hold the competition in the new year so people could give it their full attention .
But as for when I have no idea .

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-05-2007 @ 11:22 AM).]

posted 06 December 2007 10:47 PM EDT (US)     51 / 53  
i pick numero three

"If I was in somebodies sig I would kill a kitty....... A lol kitty....." -Keron Cyst
Hades Mythodea By igotskillz
DOWNLOAD MY AWESOME TAUNTZ!
posted 06 December 2007 11:48 PM EDT (US)     52 / 53  
Since number 3 is going to win I think I will have a better chance because I can now do cinematics, I used to think they were hard to make LOL.

Then again I won't be so good with the triggers, mine would be pretty easy if it wins.

<3
posted 07 December 2007 11:17 AM EDT (US)     53 / 53  
Ok people it looks like we will be having Idea 3: Boss Fight Competition, that received an amazing 23 votes. The Competition will be posted in the new year because I know how busy you all are at Christmas. I will also need to clear the prizes with Papaya. Don't keep asking questions, we have not forgotten you.

Closed

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Poll: SD Competition Theme
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames