Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Giant unit towers - miles high and very funny
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 28 December 2008 12:27 PM EDT (US)   

Lol this is really weird but funny. Basically I asked myself what would happen if I attached a unit to another and then attach a unit to the unit I attached and so on. The answer is that with some units you get a gigantic unit tower.

However it only works with some units - I think only the units that can carry relics. If you try it with other units they still stack but all at the same height.

Basically you run a search trigger that searches for the unit. Also use a counter or something to set a height limit or the tower will stack up forever and age of mythology will FREEZE. In the effects run the attach trigger attaching the same unit to itself.

This is very advanced but if you somehow understand my search triggers this should be worth trying out!

(Yeebaagooon is gonna love this one!)

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
Replies:
posted 28 December 2008 12:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 59  
*cough*

You just increased my find to the max.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 28 December 2008 12:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 59  
Holy shit. That screenshot probably merits the most attractive discovery I've seen from you.

*Awaits more screenshots*

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 28 December 2008 12:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 59  
But it's not a discovery. I discovered it. He just made a trigger that did it over and over again very quickly so he could make the huge stacks with ease.

People could have done the same thing befor hand just with a bit more effort :\

Out Reach
posted 28 December 2008 12:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 59  
Well I am sorry if you have already found this as I obviously missed the article. The probably cause was I was away for some time for I tend to look at most articles and make a mental note on the content so I don't repeat finds. However at least I have added onto this discovery and found a way for it to be more efficient.

Don't worry Out Reach - I have not been intentionally trying to take credit for something that is already discovered. Since you have already found it feel free to take most of the credit appart from the fact that I have found a way to do it quicker and more madly.

posted 28 December 2008 12:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 59  
This is so exciting, if only I could do it .

*Disappears into staff toilet*

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 28 December 2008 12:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 59  
First post was a pointer. Second post was at yeebaagooon. He worded it to wind me up. I agree your method is alot better than mine.

Out Reach
posted 28 December 2008 01:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 59  
Sorry Reach, I didn't intend to wind you up. We posted a few seconds apart.

posted 28 December 2008 01:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 59  
wow.

this reminds me of a pretty scary manga i once readed about Spirals.
A man was so obsessed about spirals he wanted to have objects with spirals.
One day he was so energized, he made his own body a spiral and died.
Now we have an awfull Villager Atlantean Spiral, blagg. 11

http://www.onemanga.com/Uzumaki/
That's the manga i read some weeks back, later on in the story it becomes a bit awfull.

ps Great finding!

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 12-28-2008 @ 01:29 PM).]

posted 28 December 2008 05:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 59  
OH my god go out reach and nottud if only he could release a step by step guide that is readable.

~~~~~~ My Work | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Mods ~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Scenarios ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ Analysis | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Also my Website ~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~
ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ
posted 28 December 2008 06:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 59  
Why are some wobbly and some snake-ish?

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 28 December 2008 06:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 59  
Woah, why is the first tower glowing?

Interesting picture, but it looks a bit too complicated for me. I'd probably end up freezing AoM anyway.

The funniest thing is that each straight tower has a tiny shadow. Could there be a way to fix that?

◓◓◓◓◓

[This message has been edited by Mapppp (edited 12-28-2008 @ 06:31 PM).]

posted 28 December 2008 06:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 59  
Woah, why is the first tower glowing?
Because those villagers are heroes.

MEPH

posted 28 December 2008 06:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 59  
The shape depends on the angle the relic is held. The wobbly tower is probably caused by the rough terrain.

posted 28 December 2008 07:52 PM EDT (US)     14 / 59  
So Ajax makes a wicked helix because he holds the relic in front of him, and the attie vill makes a straight tower because they hold the relic on top?

If you build an Ajax-helix, then transform Ajax to something else, does it stay in that shape or fall apart?

Also: Can you control the shape of the tower by alternating different heroes? If you alternate between Ajax and Attie vill, would you have a much looser helix?

With the right heroes, could you make writing??

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 12-28-2008 @ 07:57 PM).]

posted 28 December 2008 07:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 59  
wow the third one is amazing..

I will now accept your "oh my god that was a great idea!" or "oh my god you are amazing!" comments
Click Here to visit my official website!
posted 29 December 2008 05:12 AM EDT (US)     16 / 59  
amazing............ :0

Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.
posted 29 December 2008 05:20 AM EDT (US)     17 / 59  
Awesome find there Reach, nottud or who ever, some nice effects there.

Maybe something may be done for online play ?

<3
posted 29 December 2008 06:40 AM EDT (US)     18 / 59  
What happens if you move the bottom villager?

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
posted 29 December 2008 02:18 PM EDT (US)     19 / 59  
Ummm. Wouldn't they all move? CAN they move?

MEPH

posted 29 December 2008 02:29 PM EDT (US)     20 / 59  
Imagine the use of this in a scenario! Like a giant boss repitle or something. Endless possibilites, I guess.

If you don't know what to write, start writing. Same thing with scenario design. If you have know idea yet, start designing.

Projects: Kingdom
posted 29 December 2008 08:15 PM EDT (US)     21 / 59  
Feel like writing a guide up nottud?

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

posted 29 December 2008 09:32 PM EDT (US)     22 / 59  
It could be possible to make a tower of any of those heroes purple using a trick of mine here is an example http://www.freewebs.com/anstar10/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=17229477

~~~~~~ My Work | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Mods ~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Scenarios ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~ Analysis | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | Also my Website ~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ~~~~~~~~~~
ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | €€€€€€€€€€€€€€ | ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ
posted 30 December 2008 06:31 AM EDT (US)     23 / 59  
Ok - lets get a few things straight.

In terms of controlling the tower, you can only select the bottom unit. Moving the tower does not make it fall appart but instead the tower moves like it is a single unit. When the bottom unit dies the one above takes its place.

In terms of a guide that is going to be difficult because it uses my search triggers which unfortunately a few understand. I might be able to transfer it into a scenario of mine so that you will understand it more.

posted 30 December 2008 02:11 PM EDT (US)     24 / 59  
If you write a guide for this it's going straight in the SD library.

That reminds me, I need to put your transform trigger guide in tomorrow...

posted 30 December 2008 02:54 PM EDT (US)     25 / 59  
Cool idea, Outreach and Nottud.

How cool would a boss be that you have to kill the one at the bottom of the stack until the entire stack of units is dead..

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Giant unit towers - miles high and very funny
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames