Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Shoulder Problem Help plz
posted 18 July 2009 02:21 AM EDT (US)   
Today while playing dodge ball I must have thrown my arm out because my shoulder is in pain. I did some experimenting and found some streches that pinpoint the muscle but I don’t know what it is, since it’s a muscle on the inside of the shoulder rather than the outside. Ill tell you some of the things that make it hurt below.

-placing my hand on my sternum and lifting my elbow up causes pain in the muscle.

-Holding my arm straight out and lifting causes pain.

-And whenever I relax my arms and gently hop up and down it causes extreme pain.

So if you have a clue to what muscle I pulled I would appreciate it.

± ±‡± ø,¸¸,ø ±‡± ±
oº°”˜`”°ºo oº°”˜`”°ºo
'-.¸(O)¸.-' '-.¸(O)¸.-'
(__)
|¯|_|¯|_|¯|
Replies:
posted 18 July 2009 02:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
I think the best thing to do is to see a doctor, unless you can't?

I have very limited medical knowledge, so here's what I suggest:

1. Find something small, round and hard to bite.

2. Take a bottle of alcohol, and pour it gently over your shoulder.

3. Clench your teeth, and, using a butcher knife, slowly make an incision at the shoulder blade.

4. Disregard the pain as much as you can, and use a sawing motion to cut through bone and flesh until you reach the inner muscles of your shoulder.

5. So we can see past the blood, take some green paint and a paintbrush, and outline the edge of each muscle you feel.

6. Take a picture of your shoulder, and post it here. We'll compare it to the muscles of an unfortunate pedestrian that comes close to our house, and see which one is torn.

7. Go to the supermarket, shoulder still sliced open, and pick up some superglue and duct tape. Go back home, and follow our instructions to seal the damaged muscle and your arm.

8. In case of pain after the procedure, tell an emergency room operative everything that happened so he can laugh his ass off.

If that doesn't seem right, you should really see a doctor.

_/o___
_(__\____
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
__"\_____
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"

[This message has been edited by Silicone Ruff Jr (edited 07-18-2009 @ 02:44 AM).]

posted 18 July 2009 02:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
You're going to die.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 18 July 2009 03:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
I know which muscle you mean because I keep getting pains in it but I don't know why or how to fix it. I find it goes away after a few hours to a few days. No cutting needed. If its bad though take some painkillers.
posted 18 July 2009 03:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
Might be AIDS.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 18 July 2009 03:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
AIDS is yesterday. It's all about cancer these days.

posted 18 July 2009 03:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
It's the swine.

posted 18 July 2009 03:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
Bah, no one cares about the swine other than the paranoid.

If it's not always life threatening, it's nothing.

posted 18 July 2009 03:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
The media here have already dropped it. All we get now is an occasional update on the death toll, and then they move on to MJ: KING OF POP.

[This message has been edited by Tombit (edited 07-18-2009 @ 03:51 AM).]

posted 18 July 2009 06:28 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
Swine flu really is getting paranoid.

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 18 July 2009 01:41 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
Off topic comment: The Media is paranoid. They drop everything through time and find their new 'donkey'/'peepole'.

Advising comment to Beauchamp: Do some stretching before sporting, running, any other physical harashments.
posted 18 July 2009 04:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
I THINK I JUST ATE SOME INFECTED SWINE BACON
posted 18 July 2009 04:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
Probably your anterior deltoid or your rotator cuff. Rest the arm, put ice on it, etc, and you'll probably be back to 100% shortly. If it doesn't go away after a few days, see a doctor.

posted 18 July 2009 04:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
@ Fo

I advise you contact your nearest Funeral Director and arrange a suitable will.

give it all to me plz

[This message has been edited by NomadicNoodle (edited 07-18-2009 @ 04:50 PM).]

posted 18 July 2009 04:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
Most people survive the Flu here, dw Fo ShoPig.
posted 18 July 2009 07:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
Maybe if you had a rubber arm like me this shit wouldn't happen.

But yeah if you were throwing, it's probably your rotator cuff.

posted 18 July 2009 09:01 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
No, you're experiencing the first sign of LEPRACY.

Your arm is just in the first stage of falling off.

1. Perfection is impossible.
2. Nothing is impossible.
3. There are always exceptions.
posted 19 July 2009 06:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
The pain wears off in a week or two, once i've jumped off my bunk bed without remembering to let go of the top rail (lol), had the same conditions as you, and just remained calm. You could try some pain relievers or something, but i never needed any. GL
posted 19 July 2009 11:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
Tell the pain to go the !@#%$*!@ away.

You've a life to ruin, and girls to charm.
If you don't get your quota you'll never be happy again.
:P
posted 20 July 2009 10:56 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
I would say your rotator cuff due to the nature of the sport and the location of the injury. Apply P.R.I.C.E.
Or just basicly put ice on it to reduce any swelling and make it heal faster.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 21 July 2009 03:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
Whoever said rotator cuff injury is the winner, but I went online to see how long it takes to heal and it said 3-4 months! I don’t have the time! Im sure its not serious because I don’t feel any more constant pain but when I hold my shoulder up above my head it still hurts and Im not able to swim since it pin points the muscle. Am I really going to have to wait Months for this to heal?

± ±‡± ø,¸¸,ø ±‡± ±
oº°”˜`”°ºo oº°”˜`”°ºo
'-.¸(O)¸.-' '-.¸(O)¸.-'
(__)
|¯|_|¯|_|¯|
posted 21 July 2009 04:01 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
Well maneuverability does seem like an issue.

I suggest purchasing a skill saw and cut the whole limb off. However. Be cautious doing this, have medical supplies ready (Such as a blow torch, or leftover fireworks) to seal the wound to prevent excess bleeding out. If you cut incorrectly please note the only way you'll be able to stop your eminent death is to jab sixteen toothpicks soaked in tea two hours prior. This should cauterize the wound.

If you fail to separate the limb (either completely or partially) consider professional medical treatment.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 21 July 2009 05:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
it said 3-4 months
How badly did you **** it up? Because if it's going to be a several-month recovery, you may as well get a doctor involved.

posted 21 July 2009 06:09 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
Then you'll be up & playing rugby.

SuxHorses,Eggs,Lepers,Pigs,Elves,Retards
♫ A firm teenage kiwi folly
Most predictably weird 2010 AoMH
<div class="sig"><hr noshade width="25%" align="left" SIG>[img]http://www.omegaartworks.com/images/omega/thumbs/celtic-sword3[/img]
posted 21 July 2009 08:40 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
you may as well get a doctor involved
Best idea yet.

± ±‡± ø,¸¸,ø ±‡± ±
oº°”˜`”°ºo oº°”˜`”°ºo
'-.¸(O)¸.-' '-.¸(O)¸.-'
(__)
|¯|_|¯|_|¯|
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Shoulder Problem Help plz
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames