You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question? Post it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 28 November 2005 05:00 PM EDT (US)   
In my efforts to enliven the scenario design community, it seems I've neglected our important modders and AI/RM scripters. So I've done a little housekeeping by getting rid of old, useless sticky threads and, hopefully, by relieving some of the question clutter with this thread.

First of all, if you're new to the forums.... in fact, even if you're not, I encourage you all to read this thread. However, instead of posting your questions in the scenario design thread, I encourage you to post them here.

What's more, I will be somewhat more lax with the question threads in this forum; afterall, questions seem to make up the majority of the activity in this portion of the community. I simply feel that it might be more convenient for the diligent sages who answer the questions, like Argalius, if all the queries were in the same place.

So. Please read the thread, follow the guidelines, and post your questions regarding modding, AI, or RM scripting here. Unless you believe the problem warrants discussion, in which case feel free to make a separate thread for it.

Okay? Fire away.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 11-28-2005 @ 05:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 April 2006 01:53 AM EDT (US)     151 / 2500  
I cant find any of the files for -Hersir (hero)-
can anyone tell me the name of the model, the anim file and the texture I couldent find any of them
posted 29 April 2006 12:30 PM EDT (US)     152 / 2500  
I'm pretty "Shure" it's Infantry N Hero

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
/¯¯¯¯\_/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_/¯¯¯¯\
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|Proud Leader of Modsmith Studios|
\_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\_/
|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\______/¯¯\--/¯¯¯\--/¯¯\______/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
\...Supreme Commander Heaven.../
posted 29 April 2006 01:55 PM EDT (US)     153 / 2500  
no its hero n hero i think or somthing along those lines/

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Germany forever Wooooooo!!

"I would rather burn in a pit of fire, than suffering ever lasting heart break" -Brian Lowery

posted 29 April 2006 09:12 PM EDT (US)     154 / 2500  
Thanks guys it is Infantry N Hero

you know it would be nice if someone made a list of names for the more hard to find unites, I see a lot of qustions about that.

like living poseidon statue , any clue what the texture name is , I know the .anim file is titan bad or somthing like that.

posted 29 April 2006 09:32 PM EDT (US)     155 / 2500  
I asked a similar question for texture files crazy,

Maybe this will help you:

Quoted from King Jared:

An easyish way to find out what textures belong to which unit is to extract one of that unit's models, then open the BRG file in Programmer's Notepad . Now, when you open it, it'll be blank (perhaps with BANG printed in it), but if you hit the hexadecimal button (little H icon at the bottom-left) and scroll down to the bottom, along the right side you'll see some text. This is the texture that's applied to that model.

Programmer's Notepad

posted 29 April 2006 10:19 PM EDT (US)     156 / 2500  
Thanks pepsi thats good to know but , Poseidon statue has .grn models not .brg it may still work , ill have to try it

Well I couldent find the texture name at the bottom of the .grn files but I did see it for the .brg file
thanks that will be helpfull but does anyone know how to get the texture name for .grn files

[This message has been edited by crazydragon (edited 04-29-2006 @ 11:26 PM).]

posted 30 April 2006 02:06 PM EDT (US)     157 / 2500  
I've tried for grn files but it dosent work
posted 30 April 2006 08:49 PM EDT (US)     158 / 2500  
i was looking throught the protox today and i saw the werdest proto in it it was called the Giant Duck-billed Platypuss, Does any boddy know whats up with that and how to get it in the game

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

"I would rather burn in a pit of fire, than suffering ever lasting heart break" -Brian Lowery

[This message has been edited by General Phereo (edited 04-30-2006 @ 08:50 PM).]

posted 30 April 2006 11:27 PM EDT (US)     159 / 2500  
Yes, that's interesting, but the Duck-billed playtpus is the exact same thing as the canadian bear except it's "gaia". (?????) don't ask me why.

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
/¯¯¯¯\_/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_/¯¯¯¯\
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|Proud Leader of Modsmith Studios|
\_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\_/
|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\______/¯¯\--/¯¯¯\--/¯¯\______/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
\...Supreme Commander Heaven.../
posted 01 May 2006 01:56 PM EDT (US)     160 / 2500  
Hmmmmm okay thanx

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

posted 05 May 2006 03:01 PM EDT (US)     161 / 2500  
What do all the differnt AIs do?

[This message has been edited by anubis193 (edited 05-05-2006 @ 03:05 PM).]

posted 07 May 2006 09:47 AM EDT (US)     162 / 2500  
Ok im gonna be short.

I need someone to help me big on RMS or a program that teaches me any suggestions

I tried MapGen but this is what comes up

The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). CLick on OK to terminate the application

if u know y tell me please

Signatures are broken
posted 09 May 2006 07:12 PM EDT (US)     163 / 2500  
Ok dudes i got 2 questions here goes nothing

First

1.Where can i get Gmax or 3ds Max?
Dont tell me this site
www.turbosquid.com/gmax been there done that downloaded it and i get a error saying
Interactive 3d Renderer inizilization failed

but now idk where to get it again

2.Also how do i EVEN BEGIN to make my own model from scratch
no editing models off of age of mythology or anything i want to make my own explain plz or if u got msn add me and you can guide me through
Thanx

posted 10 May 2006 03:51 PM EDT (US)     164 / 2500  
I have two questions, both dealing with animations. I want to know if you can replacetexture the anubite, because I've typed it all up right and put in the textures, but they dont change. Also, I am wondering about head definitions. I have modded the priest and defined a different head, but the head only changes for the cinamtic animation. I was wondering if anyone knew how to deal with these problems.
posted 10 May 2006 05:11 PM EDT (US)     165 / 2500  
lo2ol

you have to get a registration code in order for Gmax to work , register it and it should give you one , as far as making a new model , cant help you there still trying myself.

posted 10 May 2006 05:16 PM EDT (US)     166 / 2500  
Lo2ol,go to the designs,tips,and tutorials download page and download extinctions guide to modeling.

Modder For Purple Design Studios
"Religion is hate. Religion is fear. Religion is war. Religion is rape. Religion's obscene. Religion's a w***e."-Slayer
posted 11 May 2006 07:15 PM EDT (US)     167 / 2500  
ok I downloaded a new editor and I can enlarge and srink things but after like 5 items of changing size it doesnt work any more.
posted 13 May 2006 11:57 AM EDT (US)     168 / 2500  
I recently got a bit interested in modding, and I have tried to edit textures and the Protox file. So in case I ever try to make a proper mod, I have two questions about possibilities in modding:

1. Is it possible to make new animations for units?
2. Is it possible to change the size of units?

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 13 May 2006 02:30 PM EDT (US)     169 / 2500  
It is possible to make new animations(model editing) and I think there's a guide to resizing units to answer your questions,I Love Banannas.

Modder For Purple Design Studios
"Religion is hate. Religion is fear. Religion is war. Religion is rape. Religion's obscene. Religion's a w***e."-Slayer
posted 13 May 2006 02:49 PM EDT (US)     170 / 2500  
Okay, thanks for your answer.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 13 May 2006 05:36 PM EDT (US)     171 / 2500  
Hey bananas finaly getting into mods hey , the anser to both is yes , both must be done in a model editing program like Gmax , resizing is pretty easy here is a guide

http://aomf.outer-heaven.net/t.php?tid=45

animation is another story , hard and complex to learn , I would help you but I still dont know myself , still working on it

posted 14 May 2006 08:25 AM EDT (US)     172 / 2500  
Could i make models with google sketch up?
http://sketchup.google.com/

Yeah.... I need a better signature
  • City Under Siege
  • Help9113's Cat and mice
  • Random Myth Wars
    AomT name: Help9113 or Quicksilver
    Senario Design team: None (After about 20....)
  • posted 14 May 2006 09:26 AM EDT (US)     173 / 2500  
    Sorry you cant, you need to use 3dsmax or gmax, 3dsmax is not free while gmax is free.

I am the other brother of Richard the lion hearted, not really
    I fight for my nation in dreamland, in reality I dont fight for my nation
    I live in the modern world, I dont live in the past
    All of the above was said by Henry The Lion
    posted 15 May 2006 04:41 PM EDT (US)     174 / 2500  
    About one of the best AOM hero, Circe. She could be the Queen of all, if she didn't look so ugly in cinematics. And she's got just one very poor animation.
    Anyone interested? For Vanilla also, please.

@ I love Bananas
    Good luck into modding as well. It's a wonderful word... and world to me.

posted 17 May 2006 11:23 PM EDT (US)     175 / 2500  
    1. Go to ‘MAXScript’ and click on ‘Run Script’. Now select ‘export_gmax’ and click on ‘Open’.

Help! This is a part of a modding tutorial, usign GMAX. Unfourtunatly, i have 3DS MAX, for several complicated reasons involveing foam balls and bubble juice. Could someone who has 3DS MAX tell me what to do?

Here is a linkto the tutorial.

The mind knows only what lies near the heart. The Poetic Eddas

So long, Paperfriend, and thanks for all the fish.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Have a Question? Post it Here!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames