You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Valley of Wonders - Community Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Needlessly Complicated Legends!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 03-06-04 06:43 PM EDT (US)   
I wanna go
To the late night
Double feature
Picture show

Intro
This is sort of a 'database' post for Needlessly Complicated Legends, wherein you shall find both the history of the project and information concerning upcoming NCL-related stuff. In the History of Day of the Penguin section, you will learn most of what I can remember about the series, how I let NCL degrade into a bunch of catchphrases and recycled jokes(which I had not intended to do when I began this) and you'll also see some vague hints concerning the future of NCL.

The characters section is gone for now. I should make a better character section, one that's actually informative. If anyone's interested, that is.

The History of Day of the Penguin
[Part 1--The Birth of a Series]
The VOW Park is where the Day of the Penguin story began, when the owner of its pet store(Black Helmet Man!) disappeared, and an army of Dire Penguins came from the north, in an attempt to take over the Valley of Wonders. They didn't get far, and were eventually beaten back by Crono, Marle and Lucca. Oh, some of the forumers helped too.
I'd like to note that Crono actually died in the VOW park thread, but his death was promptly ignored for Operation:Unnessecarilly Complicated.
Were my posts really that bad back then?
Black Helmet Man was originally a humble pet store owner, but then he became 'incapacitated' and disappeared for a while. In fact, I never really explained what happened to him. However, he did have some appearances in other threads, and was eventually announced to be the real leader of the penguin army. Then came Operation Unnessecarilly Complicated as a followup to the events in the VOW Park, in which Crono, Marle and Lucca fight the evil Meta Knight in the City of Elves. They were actually looking for Black Helmet Man's fortress, but would not find it themselves. Mario, Luigi, Kirby and Samus(all of whom appeared in Operation Unnessecarilly Complicated) picked p the slack for Day of the Penguin, entering Black Helmet Man's fortress, and fighting his army of penguins, Hellians and thumbtroopers. Day of the Penguin can now be seen in post 69 of this thread(and that number was highly unintentional, and is not some kind of subliminal message. So get your mind out of the gutter. )
Day of the Penguin's ending just begged for a sequel, and it was much anticipated, until the site I was leeching bandwidth from so I could use some custom-made images decided it would not allow people to join just so they could post images in other forums. And the sequel was cancelled.

[Part 2--Sequels! Sequels Everywhere!]
OR WAS IT??? I still wanted to make a sequel, and had several ideas kicking around. Eventually, I went ahead with it, and posted Night of the Living Deathray at Cossacks Heaven(because at that time the Hall had been merged with the CH pub some time ago, same with this forum and the VOW, + the Capitol and EEH's community forum). In Day of the Penguin, most of my sprites had come from the Shyguy Kingdom, but at the time of NOTLDR, it was no longer possible to copy a single image like that. So I turned to the Game Sprite Archives for all the required sprites. They did not have really good Meta Knight sprites, so his return was somewhat limited and contrived, but other than that, things worked out fine. NOTLDR was met with much applause, and even a very favorable review in the VOW movie review station(TDK gave it four stars ). And then we come to Sequels are Forever. I have always kept my movies to only one cinema, and linked to them in the others, mostly because of all the images I use. Even though I often replace a character's image with their name, I believe most of my forum movies still have more images than the average movie. And they're longer too.
Now, as TDK said at the VOW movie review station, SAF has the weakest plot of the three. Personally, I think it makes up for it by having the best title.
Seriously, though, a lot of things went wrong with DOTP 3.
I used a 30-day trial version of Photoshop to make the two big battle scene images(which no longer appear because I removed them from Havocaos. I'm gonna try to dig them up again from my computer when it comes time to reduce this one to script form, but I can't make any promises), and an emulator(boo! Hiss!) to get some sprites from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time(Splinter's sprite, and the explosion). I used Havocaos to host the images I could not find on GSArchives, and that worked very well. I'm starting to regret deleting my DOTP library(I thought I wouldn't need them anymore . . . shows what I know. )
Anyway, Sequels are Forever went through many of the same problems as the first sequel, but on a much larger scale. Now, I always broke my movies up into two parts, and posted them quickly one after the other, but this was mostly because I thought I wouldn't be able to post posts that were too long or something, I can't remember. Anyway, with DOTP 3, I ended up posting the first part before completing the second one. A bunch of stuff happened, and I almost cancelled part 2 BUT THEN I DIDN'T! I finished part 2 and ended the series on a somewhat anticlimactic note.

[Part 3--Needlessly Complicated Legends]
Some time after the series ended, I made a poll at the BTOOIC website asking if anyone would be interested in an update of Day of the Penguin.(I can no longer find this poll, which is why there is no link to it)
The consensus was that the BTOOIC forumers would be interested in a rerelease, provided it contained some new scenes. And thus Needlessly Complicated Legends was born . . . sort of.
In true Psykitty fashion, I decided that editing all the previous episodes would be too difficult and shied away from the project, completely forgetting about it. This was during the waning of the BTOOIC's power, I believe. Seems like I've spent a lot longer here than I actually have . . . I can hardly believe it's only been two years.
Sometime last year, I started thinking about NCL again, and came up with that title. I decided no one would be interested, and promptly shelved the idea until later.
I came up with X-Persons, a forum 'TV show' ala Mister Pickles' TMPC(which is far better than anything I could come up with, BTW), which failed. However, the only reason it failed was because I was a little nervous about using actual forumers in something, and didn't want to make you guys hate me or something(), so I abandoned it.
Speaking of X-Persons, it's probably due for a revival . . . maybe that'll be my next forum movie.
Some months after that, I decided I still wanted to have some kind of forum show, and that I would go through with NCL whether anyone was interested or not. Thinking it was similar enough to Operation: Unnessecarily Complicated to go in the same forum, I posted it in the Roleplaying and Creative Writing forum. But apparently it's not creative enough. Suppose I can't really argue there, but I really don't think it's that different from O:UC. Which is allowed to be in that forum.

Anyway, every post of NCL I wrote on the spot, which I think explains the random, redundant and catchphrase-y nature of the series. But this is not something i'm proud of. To be honest, I want to take NCL back to what it was originally intended to be(which I think Episode I manages to stick fairly closely to), a remake of the Day of the Penguin series that is more coherent than the original series and explains away some of the series's plotholes. Well, I explained why Bowser talks like Yoda at least. That counts for something, right?

The Plan So Far
Each episode will be named after one of Dr. Seuss' books, and will be based on a certain part of the story.
Episode 1=the VOW Park
Episode 2=Operation Unnessecarilly Complicated
Episode 3=Day of the Penguin
Episode 4=Night of the Living Deathray
Episode 5=Sequels are Forever
Episode 6=something new
Yes, I am ripping off Xenosaga. Yes, that's the point.
I'm going to just stop saying things now. This post is long enough...

[c=gold]The Scenario!
Certain cities will now have their own explosion effects that play when you raze them. Was Swolte's idea to use FXes for things. Explosions are awesome.

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 10-31-2004 @ 04:59 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-06-04 06:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 105  
Well being the resident BTOOIC member in the halls i gata tell it to ya strait. No one here gives mutch of a hoot about the other parts of the forum XD

Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
posted 03-06-04 07:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 105  
Damn it, you should compile forum war history. The forum wars rock.

Oh, and to everyone who thinks that Havocaos is gone, do not fret, for it has not. It is just in pop-up land, and Karmic is trying to save it. Go karmic, woot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Luke Skywalker~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grammar Nazis Beware
Havocaos, Victory or Death!
posted 03-06-04 07:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 105  
Luke, I believe my award-winning HG: A Satire movies covered that in some detail.
posted 03-06-04 07:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 105  
That's not technically true, Zargen. But that said, BTOOIC - that is Buildable Teleporters Off Option In Cities - won; there is such an option. So why now?

-Heir to Beleriand, Heir to the Silmaril, Chosen of Illuvatar-

GM of the Glory of the Past Middle Earth Roleplay Thread

Creator of the New Keepers Campaign
posted 03-06-04 08:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 105  
Partly nostalgia and partly because that is what it was.

I compiled a list of historical places (for the BTOOIC, mind you) that was moved from the old VoW to this place. Not that it became much of an attraction.

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?

[This message has been edited by Falagar (edited 03-06-2004 @ 08:39 PM).]

posted 03-06-04 08:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 105  
Wrong section guys. This section is RP and creative writing. Leave it in the VoW, or take it to OD, but forum wars are expressly *not* welcome here.

*moved by ChowGuy*

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum
posted 03-06-04 08:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 105  
But, this isn't a forum war thread. It's a remake of this thread, which has been in that forum for ages.
The fact that I finally got around to remaking it during the present forum war revival is mostly coincidence.
posted 03-06-04 08:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 105  
NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED LEGENDS
episode 1
Green Eggs and Ham

*the camera focuses on a fortress in the middle of a vast forest.
The light of the moon shines on the fortress, making it look all shiny and creepy-like.
Wolves howl in the background. And it's SCARY because YOU CAN'T SEE THEM!*

*Scene cuts to inside the fortress, in the evil meeting room. Five figures, obscured by the shadows, sit around the table. Only one is actually visible, and his name is Black Helmet Man.
The camera zooms in on Black Helmet Man. You can tell he's evil 'cause he has red eyes and a black cape.*

{BLACK HELMET MAN}: War is coming.
My-our army is nearing completion.
The unsuspecting fools in this valley will soon know my-our name. Whilst they fight amongst themselves, our army will be perfected. OUR ARMY OF KILLER PENGUINS!

*everyone laughs*

{BLACK HELMET MAN}: No, really. I'm serious.

{SHADOWY FIGURE #1}: Really? You expect to rule the world with an army of...penguins?

{BLACK HELMET MAN}: : Yes, of course. What else?

{SHADOWY FIGURE #1}: Anything else. Killer robots, zombies, space mutants... Just something that can actually fight!

{BLACK HELMET MAN}: You are mocking me. I do not like to be mocked.

{SHADOWY FIGURE #1}: Oh, boo hoo. Welcome to life.

*Black Helmet Man presses a button on his chair, and a huge anvil falls from the ceiling, crushing Shadowy Figure #1.*

{SHADOWY FIGURE #2}: I'd like to tell you, milord, that the rest of us are behind you all the way!

*scene goes black, opening credits roll*

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 03-12-2004 @ 09:28 PM).]

posted 03-06-04 08:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 105  
psykitty: The notification sent to your registered email address bounced. Please update it, as required under section 13 of the HG Code of Conduct

[This message has been edited by ChowGuy (edited 03-06-2004 @ 08:54 PM).]

posted 03-06-04 08:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 105  
Done.
posted 03-07-04 02:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 105  
*Just as the opening credits end, the scene fades back in, and cuts to a group of people loitering around a small shop in the Valley of Wonders park. A big sign on the shop reads 'Black Helmet Man's Evil Pet Shop of Doom!'*

*Psykitty runs out of the store, and trips over the threshold*

{PSYKITTY}: You guys! You gusy! Black Helmet Man! He-he's gone!111 The shop guy's not there! You know, Black Helmet Man! I put him in charge of the shop, and he's not there!

*much fuss is made over this, and eventually, a replacement for Black Helmet Man is found; some guy named Death.
Over the next few days, things continue normally until...*

{PSYKITTY}: You guys! You guys! An army of killer penguins has taken over the pet store! They're everywhere!

{LORD DRAGATUS}: I'll get them! DOMINATE!
Mwee hee hee... Now I have my own penguin army...

{LUKE_SKYWALKER55}: I kill tehm all!!1

{u]MISTER PICKLES[/u]}: Shut up, Luke. No one likes you.

{PSYKITTY}: But there's more of them! We're all doomed! DOOMED!

{LORD DRAGATUS}: I cast something else now!

{[FALAGAR}: I fight them too!

{PSYKITTZY}: And the penguins are gone! The shop is saved!

{SWOLTE}: Is it completely safe?

{LORD DRAGATUS}: Completely safe is non-existant.

{PSYKITTY}: Nah, it's completely safe. *trips over a log, breaking his leg* absolutely, 100% danger-free.
BUT WAIT! NO IT'S NOT! THE PENGUINS AREN'T ALL GONE AFTER ALL!!!

{EVERYONE}: What?

{LUKE_SKYWALKER55}: I kill them all I kill BTOOIC oh no space chipmunks aaaah!

{PSYKITTY}: Never fear! I'll beat them by taking other peoples' characters and sending them on a suicide mission to the secret penguin lab in the north that exists because I say so!

*Scene cuts to a cold, snowy mountain area. It looks perfectly natural, but then a large number of penguins appear from nowhere, marching down a mountain pass.
Crono, Marle and Lucca are sitting on a high mountain ledge, overlooking the marching penguins.
Don't bother wondering why they're there, or how they got there. I don't explain things.*

{LUCCA}: I see them!

{MARLE}: I'm freezing!

{LUCCA}: They're going somewhere! If we follow them, maybe they'll take us to their leader!

{CRONO}: Look at me! I'm cool! I have spiky hair and a sword!

{MARLE}: I'M FREEZING!

{LUCCA}: Pay attention! Look, there they go! They're all piling into that cave over there, maybe that's where their evil lab is!

{MARLE}: WHY AM I FREEZING!?

{CRONO}: *singing* I'm too sexy for my shirt... I'm too sexy for my shirt...

{LUCCA}: Will you two please shut up? Now, hurry, follow me...

{MARLE}: So...cold...*shivers*

{u]CRONO[/u]}: I am totally sweet!

*As the three follow the penguin army into the cave, the camera cuts to a different scene.*

*We come again to Black Helmet Man's secret fortress, in the meeting room.
This time, only Black Helmet Man and some mad scientist-lookin' guy named Doctor Frankenzort are there.*

{BLACK HELMET MAN}: Dr. Frankenzort...
I have reason to believe that our secret lab is in jeopardy... You know which one I mean.

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: Yes, master.
My lab in the mountains.

{BLACK HELMET MAN}: I want you to leave for that lab. Make sure everything is going according to plan.

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: Yes, lord Black Helmet Man.
I will leave at once. No one will interfere with your plans. I'll see to that.

{BLACK HELMET MAN}: Excellent. Now, go.
I have other matters to attend...
Like ensuring that my 'disappearance' is not investigated...

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 03-10-2004 @ 06:42 PM).]

posted 03-07-04 06:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 105  
Okay, I NEVER talked like that.

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 03-07-04 06:19 PM EDT (US)     13 / 105  
Btw, did you ever see that 'Dude Where's my Life?' Film that I made?

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 03-08-04 07:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 105  
Hey, now I don't have to check two forums!

Good work psy, eagerly waiting the rest!

posted 03-10-04 02:24 AM EDT (US)     15 / 105  
Hey, BTOOIC, just wondering... I am intrigued by your NWN forum, especially since I am planning on starting a game set in Arda in the forseeable (but not immediate) future. Would somebody who was uninvolved in the BTOOIC cause be welcome?

posted 03-10-04 04:40 PM EDT (US)     16 / 105  
I guess, but you wouldn't get any free doughnuts!
posted 03-10-04 07:32 PM EDT (US)     17 / 105  
Yeah, look at me. I hang around the BTOOIC forums even though I used to hate their guts. TDK too.

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 03-10-04 10:33 PM EDT (US)     18 / 105  
Not exactly a warm reception

Maybe I ought to try elsewhere...

posted 03-11-04 09:36 PM EDT (US)     19 / 105  
I'm just rank-and-file and Luke's not even a member. You should join the BTOOIC forums and ask there.
posted 03-11-04 11:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 105  
Except that hardly anyone posts there anymore...
posted 03-12-04 09:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 105  
*Crono, Marle and Lucca creep slowly down the snow-covered cliffs, following the marching penguins*

{LUCCA}: Why are penguins...marching? And where could they be going?

{MARLE}: I hope it's someplace warm. Please let it be someplace warm...*sniffles*

*proceeding further, the penguins unwittingly lead our heroes into a cave. The cave seems to stretch on forever, and the walls are painted with obscure, glowing designs. Why glowing? 'Cause stuff that glows for no reason is cool.*

{MARLE}: I'm still cold.

{LUCCA}: Shut up!

[echo]*SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!*[/echo]

*FWHAM!!*

*The echo causes the cave to shake, rumble, and fall to pieces!*

{MARLE}: Look what you've done!

{CRONO}: No! I'm too cool to die! *scrambles out of the cave*

{LUCCA}: Hey, wait!

*Lucca and Marle try to escape the cave-in, but they are too late. Rocks fall around them, and both are knocked out. Crono looks over the wreckage.*

{CRONO}: I... I should save them!
No, wait... That would be hard. I don't need them, I'm so cool that I'll have whole lines of people lining up to be my new friends!

*Crono attempts to go back the way his group came to this cave, but he has forgotten the path.*

{CRONO}: No I haven't, disembodied voice thing. It's right over-oh...No... I really can't-wait, maybe-nope. Well, beans.

posted 03-14-04 00:40 AM EDT (US)     22 / 105  
*While Crono's feeble mind grasps the hopelessness of his situation, the camera cuts to an underground lab.
Some time has passed, and Marle and Lucca awaken in a secret underground lab, in a cage. How did they get there? Why, I believe this is Needlessly Complicated Legends' first plothole. Keep count of these, by the end of the series, whoever can count them all wins a prize. *

*by 'prize' I mean 'bragging rights'.*

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: *enters through the big door that creaks real loud when he opens it*
I see my guests have awakened. Come, Alfred!

*A penguin carrying a tray waddles into the room. Being a penguin, it can't talk, but it seems to be able to understand Dr. Frankenzort's commands. Whoa, spooky!*

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: Alfred, here, is my butler. *he indicates the penguin.* He is my first masterpiece.

{LUCCA}: Where are we? Let us out!

{MARLE}: Yay, I'm not cold anymore! Viva indoor heating!

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: *he draws a key from his coat pocket, and unlocks their cage door.* Please, do not be alarmed. I mean you no harm... The cage is for your safety, i assure you... But now that you're awake, well...

{LUCCA}: Well what?

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: Ah, yes, Lucca. Reknowned scientist and inventor. Come with me, I would very much like to speak to you... One genius to another.

{MARLE}: What about me?

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: I suppose you had better come along... We wouldn't want you to run into some of my less, uh, civilised experiments.

*Dr. Frankenzort and his butler-penguin leave the room, Lucca eagerly following. Marle nervously tags along.*

{MARLE}: Uh... Lucca? Could I talk to you?

{LUCCA}: Something wrong?

{MARLE}: Yeah. I don't trust this guy... There's something weird about him, about this whole place...

{LUCCA}: Don't be paranoid, Marle. So someone's more interested in me than you for once, that doesn't make them evil.

*You morons! Didn't you see the interlude with Dr. Frankenzort and Black Helmet Man? He is evil! It's a trap! No, don't follow him! Don't! Why does no one listen to me!?

Oh, right. Nobody likes the narrator. I'm gonna go sulk in my corner now.*

*Anywho, the three now walk down a dimly lit corridor. Dr. Frankenzort calmly walks ahead, his back to Lucca and Marle, confident they won't try to attack him.

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: Dear me, I have forgotten to introduce myself... I know so much about you, my dear Lucca, but you haven't the faintest idea who I am, do you?
*clears his throat, and adjusts his glasses*
Just call me Dr. Frankenzort. I know much about your work... Your skills lie in machines, right? You even built a machine that could overcome time, did you not?

{LUCCA}: Well, I don't like to brag-

{MARLE}: You do so!

{LUCCA}: Shut up!

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: Please, ladies, calm down.
We are not enemies, are we? There is no need to fight...

*They come to the door at the far end of the hallway. Dr. Frankenzort unlocks it, opens it, and beckons them to follow.
Inside the room are several hundred pods full of green goo, each with a single penguin inside of it. A big computer moniters the status of the pods.
Lucca gasps in awe. Marle cries softly for the poor penguins.*

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: My dear, while you build machines, I am creating life itself. A perfect army of ruthless, bloodthirsty and highly intelligent penguins. I have taken God's original blueprints, and improved them by far! Wouldn't you agree?

{LUCCA}: So, tell me more about what you think of my work...

{MARLE}: Lucca, do you see this? The poor animals, all trapped... *sniffle* You're a terrible man!

{Dr. FRANKENZORT}: I am, yes... You might even call me a monster. But I have created life. My penguins are far more durable, more powerful than frail men. I have made such progress with them, but think... Think of how I could improve humans!

posted 03-14-04 11:47 AM EDT (US)     23 / 105  
Hey, Psykitty, don't forget the part where I executed and assimilated all the penguins!

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 03-14-04 02:01 PM EDT (US)     24 / 105  
And don't forget the part when I ask Luke how old he is (Comp gets the strange idea that you're 14...).

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 03-18-04 09:35 PM EDT (US)     25 / 105  

Quoted from Luke:

Hey, Psykitty, don't forget the part where I executed and assimilated all the penguins!

You sure you want another cameo?

Quoted from Neothain:

And don't forget the part when I ask Luke how old he is

On the bonus updates, I do the opposite of what people say.

BONUS THURSDAY POST!!!1

*now, just when things are about to get interesting, here comes another distracting interlude! YAY!*

*the field outside the Valley of Wonders Park's pet shop.
The crowd is still hanging around, and Psykitty has something very important to tell everyone.*

{PSYKITTY}: I can fit eleventy-two crayons up my nose! Watch!

*Wrong line. Something else.*

{PSYKITTY}: Right. Uh, so we need some kind of, like, replacement guy. Because Black Helmet Man disappeared, and I don't feel like making up a replacement myself, so can someone else do it please?

{FALAGAR}: Here! How about this guy, Death?

{DEATH}: Yo.

{FALAGAR}: You'd think a guy named Death would be dangerous, but he's not.

{PSYKITTY}: Okay, but I'm going to have to ask him some pointless questions for no reason before he can have the job. *asks the stupid questions*

{Mr_COMP01100001}: Why don't you answer them?

{PSYKITTY}: Because I'm stupid! I don't know.

{Mr_COMP101000}: Whatever.

{DEATH}: *answers the stupid questions*

{PSYKITTY}: Alright, then! Welcome to the park!

{THE DRUNK KNIGHT}: The first ad for the VOW Park has aired!

{MR_COMP10021}: Nice ad.

{PSYKITTY}: Oh no, the penguins kidnapped Death! They've taken over the pet shop! We're doomed!

{EVERYONE WHO IS NOT PSYKITTY}: What're they gonna do with the pet shop? Price-gouge us to death?

{PSYKITTY}: Recieving transmission from Lucca! Speak, monkey!

{LUCCA}: I'll ignore that remark for now... and kill you in your sleep...

{PSYKITTY}: Ooh, a penny! MINE!

{LUCCA}: Anyways, we beat the bad guys. All's well.

{PSYKITTY}: Details, details!

{LUCCA}: You'll never believe it, but okay...

{PSYKITTY}: Sure we will. I mean, a few more blatant inaccuracies won't hurt, will they?

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 03-20-2004 @ 07:21 PM).]

posted 03-19-04 11:04 AM EDT (US)     26 / 105  
Of course, the Luke is so awsome he deserves to be everywhere. Oh, and now I want to go punch KK for making fun of me in all of those stupid movies.

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 03-19-04 07:58 PM EDT (US)     27 / 105  
OMG, I got a line!

*trips over cable and knocks over the set*

sorry director.

posted 03-19-04 08:06 PM EDT (US)     28 / 105  
Yay, I got another line! That makes a total of...two lines!

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 03-19-04 09:46 PM EDT (US)     29 / 105  
BONUS FRIDAY POST!!!OMGLOLZ

*at about the same time as the interlude you just saw, the evil Doctor Frankenzort is about to reveal his evil plan, and of course, gloat about it.*

{LUCCA}: Experiment... on humans?

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: Why, yes. That is my dream... But I have yet to convince the higher-ups to let me have some human subjects. The Henchmen's Union forbids us to genetically modify them, so...

{LUCCA}: Um, that's nice... Wait, henchmen? But only bad guys have...

{MARLE}: I'm bored. Can we go now?

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: You can't leave yet. The party has just begun.

{LUCCA}: Actually, we should probably go now.

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: No. *he snaps his fingers, and the door slams shut behind it.*

{MARLE}: *runs to the door* Eep! It's locked!

{LUCCA}: Maybe you're just not opening it right!

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: I mean you can't leave. I will not allow it. You're going to be my latest project.

{LUCCA}: You don't want me, I'm just an inventor. Take the princess if you like, but leave me out of it.

{MARLE}: Hey! It was your idea to come here!

{LUCCA}: You keep telling yourself that.

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: Penguins! Attack!

*The penguins' stasis pods all burst open, and, like, a billion* penguins jump out of them, and charge Lucca and Marle.*

*=may be less. In fact, it's definately less. We don't have the budget for that many penguins.

{LUCCA}: You'll never get away with this, Dr. Frankenzort!
Oh my God, tell me I didn't just say that! The corniness is killing me! IT BURNS!

{u]MARLE[/u]}: *pulls a crossbow from out of nowhere, aims it at a penguin* Crossbow attack! *shoots the crossbow*

{LUCCA}: Why did you just say that?

*Marle and Lucca fight bravely, but are unable to defeat the penguins by themselves. BUT LOOK! Part of the ceiling falls in, and Crono jumps down.*

{MARLE}: Crono! You saved us!

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: And ruined a perfectly good ceiling!

{CRONO}: Yeah, all us cool hero-type guys do that.

*Now that Crono's here, the three beat up all the penguins, who just lie there after being beaten up. No, they're not dead, honest.*

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: Well done... But now you have to fight... ME!!!

{LUCCA}: Yeah, we know.

{MARLE}: Duh.

{CRONO}: Ha-ha. You're just an old man, and we're, like, time-traveling, world-saving heroes, dude! Plus, no one can withstand my total awesomeness!

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: I may be old, but I won't be defeated so easily. You see, I know all your fighting styles. I CAN PREDICT YOUR EVERY MOVE!!!

{CRONO}: Then we'll have to use different fighting styles!!!

{MARLE}: Right! *Marle takes her pendant, and swings it above her head by the chain* Magic... Pendant... Elim- uh... Anihi-? Obl-??? Um.... GO!!! *Marle throws the pendant at Dr. Frankenzort, hitting him square on the nose*

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: OW! *rubs his nose* What was that for? Honestly, I may be evil, but I still have feelings! That hurt!

{MARLE}: Like, I know. That's the point.

{DR. FRANKENZORT}: You call yourselves heroes... Throwing things at old men... For shame... *shakes his head*

{LUCCA}: What, you expect us to just give up and let you win?

{DR. FRANENZORT}: Well, yeah. What's wrong with that?
Oh well, fine. Fight back, then. I'll just have to kill you all with this ray gun that I happen to be carrying around!

*Now, back with the forummers just a few minutes after the climax of this stunning confrontation!!!*

{PSYKITTY}: Oh noes! I hope Lucca survived!

{FALAGAR}: We can help! DRAGONS!

{MR_PICKLES}: Or what about this thief, Locke? He's like a hundred dragons!

{LOCKE}: I'm a treasure hunter, and you'll be hearing from Squaresoft's lawyers. Yes, all of you.

{LUCCA}: Of course I survived, I'm right here.

{PSYKITTY}: OR ARE YOU???

{LUCCA}: *sigh*

posted 03-20-04 02:54 PM EDT (US)     30 / 105  
{Luke_SkyWalker55}: "LIKE OMG TEH EHILLIANS R CUMMING!"

That needed to be said.

Grammar Nazis Beware
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » Needlessly Complicated Legends!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames