You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 10Round1 Game31 Oceania (Lordduck vs Oleg123)
posted 09-05-10 10:38 PM EDT (US)   
2010 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #31
Map: Oceania

------------------------------------------------------------
O'Brien - Lordduck - lordduckk AT gmail DOT com
Goldstein - Oleg123 - oleg1996 AT yahoo DOT com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.
* You MUST password protect your turn.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
Replies:
posted 09-08-10 11:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
O'Brien

Exploring and fighting.

Ts

My maps:
  • Mountain of the Gods A small map for 2 or 3 players. Current rating(5): 4.5/5
  • Crusades against a Nightmare A small map for 2 players. Current rating(1): 3.6/5
  • The Great Unknown An extra large map for seven players and one strong Ai. Current rating(2): 4.2/5
  • posted 09-08-10 02:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
    Goldstein

Wealth of my citizens is a prime concern. Might of my army serves as secondary means of this goal. When I stand on a crossroad chosing my path these simply facts only lead me to conclusion that after all, secondary is primery.

ts
    (been ages since I oppened the book, and it was traslated )

Spell check failed - not enough mana
    posted 09-09-10 02:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
    O'Brien

Good things happened and bad things happened. Overall I'm still satisfied with the progress.

Ts

My maps:
  • Crusades against a Nightmare A small map for 2 players. Current rating(1): 3.6/5
  • The Great Unknown An extra large map for seven players and one strong Ai. Current rating(2): 4.2/5
  • posted 09-09-10 05:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
    Goldstein

Hatred created by modern olygarhies is designed to be manipulated easily. But now in font of my eyes, in lack of strict leadership people used to be wary simply lose their mind. It seems that after all, freedom is slavery.

ts

posted 09-10-10 09:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
    O'Brien

Spotted a squishy creature jumping around.

Ts

My maps:
  • posted 09-10-10 11:03 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
    Goldstein

ts

"Squishy", I loved that word!

posted 09-10-10 11:40 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
    Goldstein

A Slither did not live much longer than it's squishy prey.
    Also my avangard troops killed guards of Power Node and annexed it. Why would I do it? There was no real need. Funny, it seems to be a case where the object of power is power.

ts

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-10-2010 @ 01:28 PM).]

posted 09-11-10 05:13 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
    O'Brien

Some infantry marching around at the other side of the channel. Even he himself dared to come. Scary!

Ts

My maps:
  • posted 09-11-10 09:32 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
    Goldstein

An emergency meeting must be held in Airstrip One. I can almost see fogs around Big Brother's citadel.

ts

posted 09-11-10 10:02 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
    O'Brien

Swimming isn't the humans strongest side. Magic neither. What will they do to cross the channel?

Ts

My maps:
  • posted 09-11-10 03:30 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
    O'Brien

The humans landed and fortified themselves in the watchtower. A knight with some cavalry and assorted scum. I decided to lead my forces personally into battle, but it did not matter anymore. The battle started well, with my flyers cutting down a pirate right away and my magic freezing the efreet, but in the end it was too much for the fragile flyers. They didn't even so much scratched the knight.

On day 7, O'Brien surrenders.

Ts

Good game Oleg!

My maps:
  • posted 09-11-10 03:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
    Much of this game was decided by pure luck. I was joined by two Slithers early and then there were Efreet and Djhinee in Circus...

Lordduck, thank you for the game and better luck in the remaining matches!

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-11-2010 @ 04:28 PM).]

posted 09-11-10 04:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
    Live at the scene, ladies and gentlemen, where Oleg defeated Lordduck in day seven. This certainly is a very fast map.

Lordduck, it sounds like you initiated the attack that led to your defeat? What happened?

Oleg, congratulations, this must put your mind at ease! What are your thoughts on the map?

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
    My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
    Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
    My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
    Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
    posted 09-11-10 04:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
    I'd rather skip my analisys since matches are going on. Bottom line, I am afraid I have to agree with everything BlueBaby had to say about the balance of this map (except wishing you Swolte were beaten by a stick, of course ).

If Lordduck did not attack, on my turn additional Slither, hero and Djhinee would join the force positioned by his capitol, so taking defense probably would not help him.

Will this victory put my mind at ease? I am sorry, with all my respect I am about in the same state of mind as on the day of reading the randomization results...

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-11-2010 @ 04:43 PM).]

posted 09-11-10 05:42 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
    Congrats Oleg! But i don't quite understand how you could cross the river...
    posted 09-11-10 07:28 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
    Day 7, new record for this map in the 2010 1v1 games! Congrats Oleg and good luck to both of you in remaining games.

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
    #6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
    #B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
    Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
    posted 09-11-10 07:32 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
    A Pirate I was given initially + a couple of gathered units who can cross water naturally + 3 Water Walking enchanted ones

posted 09-11-10 09:19 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
    Congrats! Well done!
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 10Round1 Game31 Oceania (Lordduck vs Oleg123)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames