Please login or register

AoW2/SM Mod Making
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Modding the AI?
posted 12-06-05 02:42 PM EDT (US)   
Is it feasible at all to tweak the AI? Two functions would help it be more effective: 1) stack locks that force the AI to keep a stack intact (only add units, never remove) and 2) an objective waypoint that would draw all AI units to try to move to (and through any resistance) a specific point on the map.
Replies:
posted 12-06-05 07:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  

Quote:

1) stack locks that force the AI to keep a stack intact (only add units, never remove)

You will have to give a stack a 'behaviour-type'. Then they will stay intact.

Quote:

2) an objective waypoint that would draw all AI units to try to move to (and through any resistance) a specific point on the map.

With some experimenting, this should be simulatable. Like having a hidden teleporter that ends to a place in the Shadowworld with tons of goldmines. The teleporter (per event) being protected by 'teleport events' and destroyed once the AI reaches the area.

Not a foolproof method, btw...

Hmmm..

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 12-07-05 00:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  

Quoted from swolte:

With some experimenting, this should be simulatable. Like having a hidden teleporter that ends to a place in the Shadowworld with tons of goldmines. ......

Also you would need to use events to prevent the humans from finding a way to these gold mines... which should be in the caverns because spells and certain creatures can be used to sneak you into the shadowworld... unless anti-magic squares guard the caverns and surface from going to these shadowworld locations. It will take more than one event to stop humans from finding and using the teleporter.

There can be only one.
Highlander
posted 12-15-05 05:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  

Quote:

You will have to give a stack a 'behaviour-type'. Then they will stay intact.

Not always. I set stacks in a capitol to "guard" and have seen units leave a stack set that way. This was the stack with the wizard in it, would that influence behaviour?

posted 12-15-05 06:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Yes, I think that is the only exception.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 12-17-05 07:25 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  

Quoted from Alex Mars:

2) an objective waypoint that would draw all AI units to try to move to (and through any resistance) a specific point on the map.

On map each Army have field with waypoints array. Field that saved in savefile - e.g. if you'll set waypoint, save, then load this game, you'll see army is still set to the same waypoint. I saw it in unpacked savefiles.
Perhaps no "Modding" (and how ?..) or even exe-Modding needed at all. Just scenario editor a little more advanced than current AoWSMEd. Then map-maker could set waypoint for any Army, just like behaviour.

And even I make no pretence Of having more than common sence - R.W.Wood
The secret half a country keeps, the whisper in the lane... - R.Kipling
[UPatch 1.4 Team] * STLpack
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Mod Making » Modding the AI?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames