Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
come; make her laugh at that.

Winners:
1. Rot (Queen Gertrude - Roleblocker - Claudius' Mafia)
2. Blatant (Guildenstern - Goon - Claudius' Mafia)
6. Maegereg (Rosencrantz - Goon - Claudius' Mafia)

Or Not To Be:
3. Banned (Polonius - Post-Restricted Watcher - Town)
8. Catabre (Ghost of Hamlet's Father - Noble - Town)
10. Sargon (Ophelia - Unstable Doctor Roleblocker - Town)
9. The Brit (Laertes - Serial Killer)
4. Arvy (King Claudius - Godfather - Claudius' Mafia)
5. Nacht (Horatio - Informed Role Cop - Town)
7. Julius (Hamlet - Faith Insane Cop One-Shot Vigilante - Town)

Reserves
1. Friend of Old

The Time: End Game
Host Email: ashgerms@yahoo.com

Rules:
  • Do not edit thy posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you shall feel the Lord's wrath.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character hath reached his end.
  • This game is closed communication - speak within this thread only, else your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails in roleclaims. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast thy vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I shall ignore your new vote.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 03-21-2009 @ 09:39 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 03-01-09 05:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 170  
    A cold wind blew over Denmark, and this did not go unnoticed by the guards on watch. But little did they know, evil has recently struck, right under the people's noses. Only one man knows what this treachery is, and he be the man who was victim of this vile deed. The truth is about to get out, and the outcome will surely not end well.

It is now Night 0.
    Send in your night actions to ashgerms@yahoo.com within 48 hours.

EE forever
    posted 03-02-09 08:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 170  
    Banned wandered the streets with a fake smile, deciding to spy on someone to get his mind off of Ophelia being corrupted by that scoundrel, Hamlet. It was a dark night, and he thought he spotted something out of the corner of his eye. He walked quietly and slowly toward the direction of the ominous figure, and stopped when the figure stepped out of the shadows.

"Help! Please someon--"

But his screams were muffled at once, and he felt a dagger move right through his chest, where pain unimaginable by anyone on Earth was spawned. The blade had gone right through his heart. He slunk to the ground, not being able to feel the cardiac arrest for long, as the assailant left the scene as quickly as possible.

Banned (Polonius, a Post-Restricted Watcher) is dead.
    It is now Day 1. There are 9 of you, so it is 5 votes to lynch.

EE forever
    posted 03-02-09 09:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 170  
    Random Vote: Catabre

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    posted 03-03-09 01:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 170  
    Nothing else of interest, I guess, so I can go for Cat. Vote: Cat

Also, if I could just know, Ash, what was Banned's restriction? Because he does awesome restrictions (Happy Ending Mafia... ).

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 03-03-09 10:30 AM EDT (US)     5 / 170  
    Well at least I don't have to post with that giant posr restriction now!

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 03-03-09 10:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 170  
    Let's see. One attack, evidently no other night actions. Doesn't really tell us much, so pressuring Cat is fine, I guess.

Vote: Cat

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
    posted 03-03-09 11:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 170  
    Well, this is nice for Catabre. Are we going to push Cat to claim just like that? I hope not.

Vote: Arvedui

Why so keen to convert a single random vote into a bandwagon?

Presumably the mafia is Claudius and his associates.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 03-03-09 11:28 AM EDT (US)     8 / 170  
    Jumpin' the gun a bit there, eh?

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 03-03-09 11:34 AM EDT (US)     9 / 170  
    Not at all, I'm trying to derail a baseless bandwagon. Controversy is much more effective for discussion than a bandwagon, and it doesn't involve a townie (most likely) having to claim on Day 1 for no reason. So I want to stir things up a little.

Do you have a better idea?

Also, shall we try that Millers-claim-now thing we did in Wild West Mafia? It worked quite nicely there, and stitched up one of the scum nicely.

posted 03-03-09 11:37 AM EDT (US)     10 / 170  
    The other problem with bandwagons in a game of this size is that we're now only 2 votes away from an instant speedlynch. Assuming that at least 2 scum players haven't voted yet, that is a perilous place to be. A speedlynch today, a kill tonight and suddenly a 3 man mafia is a hair's breadth from winning.

posted 03-03-09 12:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 170  
    Sound logic. I'll abstain from voting for now.

Who Dares Wins - SAS Motto.
    My LOTR Saga Thread(Currently In Production)
    My Scens: The SASo0-0o Hold The City
    posted 03-03-09 01:54 PM EDT (US)     12 / 170  
    I am the ghost of Hamlet's father. I was killed by King Claudius. I am also noble. Let me prove this to you:

Vote: Arvedui

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 03-03-09 02:08 PM EDT (US)     13 / 170  
    Not only are you noble, but you're fantastically scummy, if this is true.

In case you are not noble, I'm Unvoting. If you are, then you've effectively committed suicide.

posted 03-03-09 02:22 PM EDT (US)     14 / 170  
    you're fantastically scummy, if this is true.
    Why, exactly? I don't see it.

Although, the choice of Arvedui for the test was an odd one considering he already has a vote against him. Because I don't like votes stacking up this early (too vulnerable to a mafia speedlynch):

Unvote: Arvedui

But I still want to hear what his plan was in starting that band-wagon.

posted 03-03-09 02:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 170  
    Oh, I see. Sorry, previous statement retracted. I was trying to do coursework, so I only breezed by. I thought SOMEONE, claiming to be noble, voted Cat. Sorry.

Still, though, my unvote stands. For now, I'll stand off and see what Arvy has to say.

posted 03-03-09 03:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 170  
    Wait a minute this means i'm dead in both mafias on EE!

*grumbles something about conspiracies*

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 03-03-09 05:13 PM EDT (US)     17 / 170  
    Vote Count:
    Catabre: 2 (Blatant, Arvy)
    Arvy: 2 (Catabre)
    Also, if I could just know, Ash, what was Banned's restriction? Because he does awesome restrictions (Happy Ending Mafia... ).
    I won't reveal anything specific, but let's just say Banned would've been quite a jabbermouth.

EE forever
    posted 03-03-09 06:07 PM EDT (US)     18 / 170  
    Why so keen to convert a single random vote into a bandwagon?
    I wasn't going for a speed lynch. I was applying pressure to get a roleclaim, as we always have done. Must this turn into another argument about pressuring versus debating game setup when starting off a mafia game, then finding out that we've gotten absolutely nowhere? As Rot has always argued, the fact is that by debating game setup, we don't reveal scum, except potentially through how much they know, which a townie could also potentially take a stab at, so that gives us no information. However, roleclaiming can lead to counterclaims and allow us to see reactions from other people, and bad claims can lead us to scum as well. If we discuss game setup, scum also have an easier time roleclaiming later as they can very well play just as townies expected. Me voting for Cat was not me trying to lynch him or bandwagon him, but me adding pressure. I never claim, personally, with one vote on me. Check my recent mafias if you will. I usually ask for an extra vote if I have only one vote. Why? Because people will say I was eager to claim, which is an absolute crap argument. At the same time, on Day 1, I always go for a random claim from someone to start off the day and give us more information than the name of someone who's dead the night before, whether I'm town or not. Me playing the way I always do does not mean I'm scummy, and me adding pressure does not mean I'm turning a random vote into a bandwagon.
    Also, shall we try that Millers-claim-now thing we did in Wild West Mafia? It worked quite nicely there, and stitched up one of the scum nicely.
    *growls* I stand by what I said then that it is a bad idea. Scum can pass along as millers earlier in the day, and someone could be forced to roleclaim simply because they said miller, potentially revealing strong townie roles.
    I won't reveal anything specific, but let's just say Banned would've been quite a jabbermouth.

Also, Unvote: Catabre. Good rc and you're noble, so that's off. What next? I'll leave this to someone else before I'm lynched for playing the way we always do.

|
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 03-03-09 06:34 PM EDT (US)     19 / 170  
    I agree that Arvy is blameless for the Random vote. No matter what you think about the practice, that's how things have traditionally been done around here. I do think we should ask for millers to come forward though, on the basis that we agree not to make any of them claim immediately. Last game we tried it, we forced the millers to claim. This game hopefully we won't.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 03-03-09 06:47 PM EDT (US)     20 / 170  
    That, again, poses the problem of scum passing off as millers, not something we want. If we ask for millers to step forward, scum will step forward as well. At that point, we can't trust cop investigations on the supposed millers, and we must get roleclaims from them in order to divine if they are millers or not. Getting roleclaims might catch one or two scum if we're extremely lucky, but is more likely to reveal a strong townie role or two, since I've seen miller roles to counteract strong powers. In the end, asking millers is akin to shooting ourselves in the foot and hoping some good will come out of it.

|
    posted 03-03-09 09:17 PM EDT (US)     21 / 170  
    There is only one problem with the miller's coming forward plan. Not all hosts inform all millers of their millerness. I, for example, think I may be a miller, but it does not say so specifically in my role email.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 03-03-09 09:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 170  
    I imagine that Hamlet has at least one miller, and probably a ghost too (No pun intended). What else is in your role Cat?
    Jumpin' the gun a bit there, eh?
    I was referring to Arvy, not Julius.

posted 03-03-09 11:49 PM EDT (US)     23 / 170  
    I was referring to Arvy, not Julius.
    Again, how? There have been other mafias where person 1 on day 1 has made a random vote, and person 2 followed with another vote on the same person, and the town got a rc with no problem. So why is it so horribly bad in THIS mafia?

|
    posted 03-04-09 00:19 AM EDT (US)     24 / 170  
    Nothing, it's just that normally there is at least a little discussion of possible roles, alignment, and the like before randomly voting.

posted 03-04-09 00:58 AM EDT (US)     25 / 170  
    But by that argument, Nacht, wouldn't Blatant, who started the random vote, be jumping the gun rather than Arvy, who was following up on it?

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 03-04-09 03:17 AM EDT (US)     26 / 170  
    It might be possible to have discussion without either having a bandwagon or only talking about the setup/mechanics.

As it is, we haven't exposed a fragile or important town role, but that was pure luck. And really, that bandwagon got us nowhere, as it only ended in a plausible but not concrete claim. You might also notice that three people on their own managed to out a role, with pretty much no input from the rest of the town. That cannot be a good thing.
    I wasn't going for a speed lynch. I was applying pressure to get a roleclaim, as we always have done
    Nice of you not to even wait to see if anyone else had any ideas. Can we please be a little slower in pushing people to claim? It's reckless, letting a few people put the town in all sorts of trouble.
    Not all hosts inform all millers of their millerness. I, for example, think I may be a miller, but it does not say so specifically in my role email.
    Ask the host to clarify. If they won't say, they won't say, but it's worth a try.
    I do think we should ask for millers to come forward though, on the basis that we agree not to make any of them claim immediately. Last game we tried it, we forced the millers to claim. This game hopefully we won't.
    Absolutely agree. Although hopefully this time we won't get any "sort of" Millers, which was really only ever going to end up in a full claim.
    If we ask for millers to step forward, scum will step forward as well.
    Thus putting themselves in the spotlight, and becoming a prime target for any roleblockers or trackers out there. Risky.

And this is infinitely better than scum being able to buy a night by claiming Miller later when it is convenient. Surely you remember how it helped get you (as scum) lynched?

posted 03-04-09 07:48 AM EDT (US)     27 / 170  
    What else is in your role Cat?
    Nope, I stated it all. Unvote

Now what?

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 03-04-09 09:49 AM EDT (US)     28 / 170  
    Not all hosts inform all millers of their millerness. I, for example, think I may be a miller, but it does not say so specifically in my role email.
    Ask the host to clarify. If they won't say, they won't say, but it's worth a try.
    For the record, I generally don't have full-blown millers in my games. That's all I'll say for now.

EE forever
    posted 03-04-09 03:03 PM EDT (US)     29 / 170  
    That changes things slightly. But in general I am still slightly in favour of the idea. We know Rot is a possible, so that's a start.

Also, with that new snippet in mind, roles that are immune to investigation are worth considering. These are very nearly as bad as actual Millers for tripping up the Cop, which I for one want to avoid. So I would also like to hear from any ghosts.

But not full claims please. We only want to tip off the Cop and take away a scum tactic.

posted 03-07-09 03:58 AM EDT (US)     30 / 170  
    No Lynch in 72 hours, unless activity picks up.

EE forever
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Hamlet Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames