Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Storyteller's Mafia XI - Castletown Signups
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 03-02-12 05:55 PM CT (US)   
Castletown Mafia

For 300 years, the reign of Castletown has remained unchallenged over surrounding lands. The powerful city-state, led by the beloved King Geoffrey, has thrived in a Golden Age since the Great Purge of Evil. With naught but small agricultural communities surrounding the city, Castletown has had neither enemies nor need of resources for as long as anyone can remember. But, as history has shown, such things can never last. In a time when science has only just begun to renounce the old beliefs in Angels and Demons, the outcast wizard, Garm, had decided to mold the world into a shape of his own desire. Having studied in the lost Dark Arts, he drew upon a plan to bring back the old Demons and use them to overthrow the nobility.
But he was not successful. In the battle that was to determine the fate of the kingdom, Garm was defeated, before the spell could be completed, by the Knights of the Realm. In the last moments of conflict, three lives were lost. The first being Garm, whose soul was shattered from the might of his own spell. The second was Sir Gatrie, the leader of the Knights and sworn bodyguard to the Royal Family. By the time Garm was stopped, he had already manages a bridge of small size between two world. Gatrie died in his effort to hold back what was to come from that entrance. The last was King Geoffery himself who, in a righteous manner, sacrificed himself to seal off the bridge and protect the kingdom from further harm.
However that was not the end of the trouble. With no male heir, the kingdom fell to the rule of Princess Helen. Yet with the opportunity for change, factions soon formed to overthrow the government. What remained of the Knights of the Realm decided to send the Princess into hiding, leaving the city-state of Castletown in temporary disarray. Above in the skies, the forces of Good troubled over the events below. For the first time in centuries, demons walked the ground. Such horrors could not be allowed. With holy haste, the Angels took a solid shape and descended to their favored kingdom, ready to fortify it against the reawakened evils of old.

Cordially, I invite any and all to play. I promise an interesting game with a few new mechanics and all of the wonderful gunk that I usually throw into my games. This flavor is entirely original and shouldn't be difficult to follow. There is no reference to any true theology. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all that stuff. As it is technically the tenth Storyteller's game to be played, I've made sure that every single player has the opportunity to write an action (and on that note, I have done my best to ensure that those actions are actually entertaining to write) to celebrate. Woo Hoo. I can make due with 28, 30, or 32. Ideally 30. I've taken the liberty of gathering some interested persons beforehand so hopefully we will see some unfamiliar faces at HGMM.

Interested Persons

1. Mozzy
2. Leif
3. Scipio
4. Athens
5. Draco
6. Ash
7. Hernz
8. Outreach
9. Nowhere
10. Bulba
11. Herr
12. Necro
13. Steve
14. Jill
15. Devastator
16. Popey
17. WRP
18. Watson
19. Daimond
20. Maeg
21. Rot
22. Newt
23. Gil
24. Carol
25. BSU
26. Bast
27. Sipia
28. Sarn
29. Mayank
30. Barcaii

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 03-15-2012 @ 03:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-02-12 05:59 PM CT (US)     1 / 224  
/in

Is html going to be expected from now on? Because I don't intend to use it in my Storyteller's Mafias.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 03-02-12 06:07 PM CT (US)     2 / 224  
No, that's just the benefit of Vinyl. She has one or two good uses.
posted 03-02-12 06:08 PM CT (US)     3 / 224  
One Or Two Uses is actually my nickname for my girlfriend.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 03-02-12 06:24 PM CT (US)     4 / 224  
in

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 03-02-12 06:27 PM CT (US)     5 / 224  
sure, why not.

/in
posted 03-02-12 06:29 PM CT (US)     6 / 224  
and you two are harsh

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 03-02-12 06:42 PM CT (US)     7 / 224  
k

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 03-02-12 06:42 PM CT (US)     8 / 224  
In

*Bookmarks thread*

*Prepares excel document*

I'm taking this one seriously, it sounds complicated

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 03-02-12 07:36 PM CT (US)     9 / 224  
I'm in.

EE forever
posted 03-02-12 07:44 PM CT (US)     10 / 224  
I guess I'm in. Hopefully I don't forget to check this forum, I hardly ever come to the main site...

"Scipio is more charismatic than you are." -Rocking Doom
"Scipio ... narcissistic ... overly arrogant cuckold ... noble souls and gentlemen, ... spare a second ... basic and ennui existence ... feeble pleasure ... his life more bearable ... monotony of stoic reality." *-Scud
"SCIPIO YOU SUN BITCH" -TOAO_Roland
posted 03-02-12 08:11 PM CT (US)     11 / 224  
Due to the large size and not being in any mafias at the moment, I'll sign up. My activity may be sporadic, but I'll try to as reasonably active as I can.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 03-02-12 08:25 PM CT (US)     12 / 224  
In.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 03-02-12 08:30 PM CT (US)     13 / 224  
In.

@leif, go back to writing our flavor.

Disclaimer: The above post is a joke. Do not take anything said literally.

[This message has been created by Athens_2008 (created 01-01-1970 @ 01:00 AM).]
posted 03-02-12 08:46 PM CT (US)     14 / 224  
Keep 'em coming.

Vinyl doesn't know the setup and can play but I'd rather have her as my helper...

I'll need to go back and figure out how many others said they were interested beforehand.
posted 03-02-12 09:29 PM CT (US)     15 / 224  
Yeah, we can't have her play, what if she tempts you with, err, favors in return for you revealing some stuff? we can never be sure!

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 03-02-12 09:36 PM CT (US)     16 / 224  
Heh

We started exchanging... Favors... A few weeks ago. For two whole minutes she refused to prolong them until I agreed to help her in Silm mafia. It was AWFUL.

(t'was in jest of course)

I guess this counts as my brag post so... Eh, I'll keep it classy.

Favors are fun.

(and look! Herr finally acknowledged her existence!)
posted 03-02-12 09:43 PM CT (US)     17 / 224  
Not really, I just thought it prudent to not irritate you when you're the one who'll be sending out role emails.

posted 03-02-12 10:17 PM CT (US)     18 / 224  
I am in.

one of the images is messing with me. could you find an alternate (it's the third one)

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 03-02-12 10:20 PM CT (US)     19 / 224  
Of course I'm in, you shouldn't really need to ask.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 03-02-12 11:01 PM CT (US)     20 / 224  
In.

lollersquirrelz@gmail.com

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 03-03-12 00:51 AM CT (US)     21 / 224  
Sure, why not. maegereg[at]gmail[dot]com

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 03-03-12 01:01 AM CT (US)     22 / 224  
Put me in.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 03-03-12 05:39 AM CT (US)     23 / 224  
posted 03-03-12 06:03 AM CT (US)     24 / 224  
In please
Email in profile.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 03-03-12 06:16 AM CT (US)     25 / 224  
Sesenta Por Ciento

Vamanos! Vayate!

Also I'm going to disappear with limited access on Sunday until Tuesday night. Ideally we will be good to go at that point
posted 03-03-12 07:40 AM CT (US)     26 / 224  
in
wrp_beater(at)hotmail(dot)it

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 03-03-12 08:10 AM CT (US)     27 / 224  
In

~~~~~Email: daimonddaimondo@yahoo.in~~~~~
posted 03-03-12 08:20 AM CT (US)     28 / 224  
Glad to have you back, Daimond. I think you were playing in my dodgeball mafia when you left. If memory serves, your team won.

That'd be 20

Just ten more to go.

It can be done!
posted 03-03-12 08:30 AM CT (US)     29 / 224  
due to time constraints, the size of the game, and the fact that my free time is about to be severely limited and will shortly be cut off entirely, I'm afraid I must be /out
posted 03-03-12 09:01 AM CT (US)     30 / 224  
Nope I didn't leave while playing dodgeball mafia. I got killed twice in it .

~~~~~Email: daimonddaimondo@yahoo.in~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Daimond Daimondo (edited 03-03-2012 @ 09:02 AM).]

posted 03-03-12 09:27 AM CT (US)     31 / 224  
hi people, yeah i'm up for this.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 03-03-12 09:52 AM CT (US)     32 / 224  
posted 03-03-12 11:15 AM CT (US)     33 / 224  
Watson's up for it

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 03-03-12 12:05 PM CT (US)     34 / 224  
Okay, im In. dragonmcmx@yahoo.de

I hope i can keep up.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 03-03-12 12:50 PM CT (US)     35 / 224  
I'll give it a shot. I am defo gonna have to take notes.
IN

"Then ready yourself Peter Pan, for I am Red Handed Jill"
posted 03-03-12 12:54 PM CT (US)     36 / 224  

We're gonna make it. I can feel it, brah.

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 03-03-2012 @ 12:57 PM).]

posted 03-03-12 02:44 PM CT (US)     37 / 224  
If we're 22, then edit your main post.

Apart from that, zats eau qué, ay am in.
So correction: if we're 23, then...

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
Still looking for DANISH, UKRAINIAN, LITHUANIAN and HUNGARIAN voices.
posted 03-03-12 02:48 PM CT (US)     38 / 224  
I am best advertiser.

I'll update when I get home, can't do it now.

Seven more.
posted 03-03-12 03:02 PM CT (US)     39 / 224  
Je suis une pizza.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 03-03-12 03:05 PM CT (US)     40 / 224  
In

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
posted 03-03-12 03:09 PM CT (US)     41 / 224  
Je suis une pizza.
Et tu as quel goût? (Ha! That becomes harder now!)

"Vous vous rendez compte, la France est le seul pays au monde où l'on recycle toujours les mêmes hommes politiques, même lorsqu'ils ont échoué !" Nicolas Dupont-Aignan

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 03-03-12 03:09 PM CT (US)     42 / 224  
Pizza margherita :Q_

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 03-03-12 03:15 PM CT (US)     43 / 224  
I took two years of French. I would have continued but I graduated. :/

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 03-03-12 03:44 PM CT (US)     44 / 224  
Too bad So now, you're not able to understand a French conversation?

AGE OF VOIVODS
posted 03-03-12 04:58 PM CT (US)     45 / 224  
"Favors" are SOOOOooooooo fun :9

I wouldn't cheat, but yeah, I'm gonna be the backup player.
posted 03-03-12 05:19 PM CT (US)     46 / 224  
I can understand written French if the conversation is simple and I have a dictionary, because my French vocabulary is rubbish. My girlfriend took four years of French and can speak comfortably, but she's a Mexifry, so English and Spanish is all she's surrounded with.

I'd love to live for a short while in France to be immersed in the language and culture.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 03-03-12 07:08 PM CT (US)     47 / 224  
Kara can understand french but sucks at speaking it. Makes sense...

And oh no, we have FAILED to get a full game before tonight!

I'll be away for the next few days... unfortunately...

Yell at people to join for me, por favor.
posted 03-03-12 07:39 PM CT (US)     48 / 224  
Claro que si! ... Oops.

Anyway, I got BSU as a very highly likely yes! Who's awesome? I'M AWESOME. Wooooo
posted 03-03-12 07:45 PM CT (US)     49 / 224  
*pats head*

One more and you can have a doggie treat!
posted 03-03-12 07:51 PM CT (US)     50 / 224  
By which he means a cookie
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Storyteller's Mafia XI - Castletown Signups
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames