You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Wrath of the Traibs - Download Now!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 11-15-11 01:24 PM CT (US)   

Works-in-Progress Spotlight - January 2016

Story
Wrath of the Traibs follows the story of a mercenary named Alexander who is hired by a king and sent on a rescue mission:

"The Xandrian war has been the worst conflict in Dystonia for over a thousand years. Fought between two tribes, the Xanders and the Traibs, the war has been going for four years, and both sides are starting to grow weary.

I one last push to gain the upper hand King Sebastian of the Traibs has sent his top solder, Drent to spy on King Yassen of the Xanders to find a weakness in his battle strategy. However, after three weeks he still hasn’t returned…

You play as Alexander, a mercenary hired by Sebastian. Your job is to spy on The Xanders, tell Sebastian everything you know and find out what has happened to Drent..."

The Story itself is split into Three Parts:
The Rescue
The Revelation
The Retribution

About the Scenario
I started this scenario back in early 2010 but I gave up after about a month of working on it and lost it. In about February 2011 I found all of my documents on it and thought; "Hey this could make quite a nice scenario" so I drastically built up the story and created an entire new map from scratch. After many years of on-and-off again designing, I finally finished and uploaded the scenario in February 2019.

The Scenario is built on a Giant map and uses The_Slayer90's Crusade Expansion. It is set in the fictional fantasy world of Dystonia. The map is split into five Countries: Ehr, Zandria, Uldûrh, Versali and Lars. All of the people of world worship two Gods called Zachadom and Saphadema.

Features
A Giant Map of Central Dystonia, featuring the 5 Countries with many Towns, Settlements and Cities.
A huge Backstory about the History of the World, Religion and Characters.
Modded using The_Slayer90's Crusade Expansion.
Classic fantasy features such as magic and whole new fantasy world and strange beasts.
An Inventory System
Ability to Buy Buildings
Part 1 of a planned series
Music by awesome rock/metal bands such as: Skillet, Black Veil Brides, Biffy Clyro, Love Robot, & Epica.
Music by legendary orchestral groups such as: Immediate Music, Two Steps From Hell and X-Ray Dog, Future World Music & Audiomachine.
Music from epic film and TV composers such as: Hans Zimmer, Murray Gold, Howard Shore, Ben Foster and Nicholas Hooper.

Screenshots
Mapshot | Town of Greentree | Zandrian Mines | Zandrian Farms | Bandit Camp | Mountain Ranges of Uldûrh | Gallendale Cathedral

Map of the Known World
Timeline of Dystonian History

Sample Music
Click on the links to get a feel of some of the music that is featured in this scenario.
Skillet - Hero
Black Veil Brides - In the End
Future World Music - Eternal Love
Two Steps From hHell - A Hero's Return
Howard Shore - Misty Mountains
Hans Zimmer - Parlay

The The Dystonian Chronicles
This is the First Scenario in a very ambitious planned series. Obviously it is unlikely that many of these will not get made, but these are the stories that I have treatments written for. The series consists of three Single Player Scenarios - the main trilogy, various Prequel scenarios to explain various historical events in Dystonia from 40 years ago to 2000 years ago, numerous Spin-Off scenarios to explore the stories of some of the less seen characters, the unseen parts of Dystonia, and to see what the future has in stall for Dystonia. There is also a Non-Playable scenario to explore the largest city in Dystonia, and a multiplayer scenario for your own entertainment. They are...

The Wrath of... Trilogy
Wrath of the Traibs
Wrath of the Gods
Wrath of Uldûrh
Non-Playable Scenario
The City of Ardwaine
Spin-Off Scenarios
The Clearwood Troupe
Into the Wild
The Legend of The Friston
Over the Edge, and Over Again
The Bastard King
Alamore Defence
The Quad Cycle
A Shadowed Future
Minigame (Spin-Off)
Molten Treasure
Spin-Off Campaign
The Wymorian Tales
Prequels
Life, Death & Immortality
The Slave Kings
Ho, Ho, Ho. It's Magic
Last of the Wilds
Zezema: The Curse of King Jorah
Bandit Blood
The Lands Time Forgot
Mariana... The Girl Who Would Be Queen
The Birth of a Nation
The Mystical Adventures of Joseph de Burbon
One Mans Plunder, Another Nations Wealth
Inside Man
Multiplayer Scenario
Conquest of Dystionia

A BLACKFOREST STUDIOS PRODUCTION

[This message has been edited by Possidon (edited 02-12-2019 @ 05:25 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-15-11 01:35 PM CT (US)     1 / 220  
Looks really good! I actually thought you had stopped designing since you rarely posted here

posted 11-15-11 01:42 PM CT (US)     2 / 220  
posted 11-15-11 02:38 PM CT (US)     3 / 220  
Yup, screenies looking good. Keep it up.
posted 11-15-11 02:38 PM CT (US)     4 / 220  
posted 11-15-11 02:58 PM CT (US)     5 / 220  
Big fan of the criss-crossing rivers on the mapshot! Difficult to tell but it may lack elevation slightly (riverbanks).

*I don't know how to do that little thumbs up but if I did there would be one here*

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 11-15-11 04:24 PM CT (US)     6 / 220  
Looking very good, Possy! And a great musical choice, too!
I'm looking forward to it!

This is from me
And this is from Nowhere

Scenarios:
Divine War (rated 4.4)
Phoenix trailer (rated 3.8)
Proud Member of Black Forest Studios

It`s hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead
posted 11-15-11 04:36 PM CT (US)     7 / 220  

You can have one too, Teotl

I think I will probably be a bit thumb-happy now I know how to do them

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 11-15-11 07:17 PM CT (US)     8 / 220  
Glad you're still around and designing. Nice mapshot.

~
[My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
~~~
A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest
posted 11-15-11 08:04 PM CT (US)     9 / 220  
I would like to playtest

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 11-15-11 09:17 PM CT (US)     10 / 220  
Love it! Excpecially the mapshot.

Man, Dann, you sure did wipe the... flor... with him on that one! BAM! OOO! ~ Aro
posted 11-16-11 02:12 AM CT (US)     11 / 220  
I smell something good is cooking up.
All the best!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
posted 11-16-11 03:56 AM CT (US)     12 / 220  
The Lars Training Camp looks a bit too uniform. But rest's good. I'll playtest. strokeaoe2@yahoo.in
posted 11-16-11 07:37 AM CT (US)     13 / 220  
The screenshots look great
posted 11-16-11 12:06 PM CT (US)     14 / 220  
Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

Stroke what do you mean too uniform?
posted 11-16-11 12:42 PM CT (US)     15 / 220  
I remember the old thread of this project, and it looks like you really want this done.
posted 11-16-11 01:52 PM CT (US)     16 / 220  
Yeah I started the old version about a year ago when I had like no designing experience. I thought the story was pretty good and I liked the idea of using the Crusade Expansion to add new character so I completely revamped the story, characters and background history, and remade the entire map.
posted 11-17-11 05:03 AM CT (US)     17 / 220  
Stroke what do you mean too uniform?
I meant that the archery ranges and longbowmen were placed in a polygonal pattern, which is very unrealistic.
posted 11-17-11 07:14 AM CT (US)     18 / 220  
In what way is that unrealistic? In what way is AoK realistic?
posted 11-18-11 02:20 AM CT (US)     19 / 220  
What style is this going to be? A mixture of B&D and RPG?

Can't wait for next summer so I can play this baby. It looks and sounds great, especially the fact that you're inspired by Basse and Xavill's works.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 11-18-11 05:31 AM CT (US)     20 / 220  
posted 11-20-11 01:07 AM CT (US)     21 / 220  
Looks Sweet
u mad bro?

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
posted 11-20-11 05:56 AM CT (US)     22 / 220  
u mad bro?
In what way does trollface fit this thread?
posted 11-28-11 05:27 PM CT (US)     23 / 220  
Updated the Topic Post to give you a small insight on the hugely ambitious planned series.
posted 11-30-11 04:17 AM CT (US)     24 / 220  
Really really really loved the farmland. Keep the screenies coming! I can't seem to open the mapshot, though.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 11-30-11 10:45 AM CT (US)     25 / 220  
posted 11-30-11 10:51 AM CT (US)     26 / 220  
posted 11-30-11 12:34 PM CT (US)     27 / 220  
Able to playtest if needed. You have my email.
posted 11-30-11 01:40 PM CT (US)     28 / 220  
The mapshot certainly shows promise, but... a bit too foresty, maybe?
posted 11-30-11 02:51 PM CT (US)     29 / 220  
Well thats the geography of the fictional world. Before the settlers came in thousands of years before, it was just a vast dense forest
posted 03-05-12 03:42 PM CT (US)     30 / 220  
Well I Am Very Pleased to Say that I have returned to working on this project and that The First Part of the Scenario is almost complete. I am wondering whether there is anybody willing to playtest the Part 1 for me and tell me if they find any bugs, typos or spelling mistakes in the scenario.

And as a treat: here are some more Screenies!

The Zandria Mines
Alexander's Swamp
The Mountain Ranges of Uldûrh
King Yassen's Castle
posted 03-06-12 04:24 PM CT (US)     31 / 220  
posted 03-06-12 04:38 PM CT (US)     32 / 220  
1:st pic: Nice mine. I liked the eye-candy and the terrain mixing. A little odd perhaps, to have flowers in a mine?

2:nd pic: Looks good, but the cave entrance (I assume) looks a bit out of place. Maybe place some rocks around it to make it look a little more natural.

3:rd pic: Nice detail, could use a little more eye-candy

4:th pic: Feels bland. Maybe try to mix the water a little, add some eyecandy to the island and less flowers
posted 04-20-12 01:23 PM CT (US)     33 / 220  
PART 1 IS NOW COMPLETED!!!

SIGNUPS FOR PLAYTESTERS ARE OPEN. THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY EXPRESSED INTEREST, PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE STILL AVAILABLE. IF YOU HAVEN'T EXPRESSED INTEREST YOU ARE STILL WELCOME TO PLAYTEST ALSO.
posted 04-20-12 01:42 PM CT (US)     34 / 220  
In as playtester, though i can't guarantee that i will be able to test ALL parts (cuz i also already signed up for Succesor & Relics of Athalen, and don't want to be doing to much at once).

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by DEVESTATOR (edited 03-31-2013 @ 11:22 AM).]

posted 04-20-12 01:53 PM CT (US)     35 / 220  
No worries. I'll send you the file shortly, but bear in mind that I am yet to playtest it myself as I only completed part 1 half an hour ago.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Wrath of the Traibs - Download Now!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames