You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: " Lizzie's Way ", The Pirate of the Caribbeans, the Serial.
posted 12-31-06 03:33 AM EDT (US)   

Lizzie's Way

The Pirate of the Caribbeans campaign

An AoE3 Vanilla serial

( Click the images for an easy download )

... Scenario 01 ...

... Scenario 02 ...

... A journey in the Caribbeans ...
... in the 17th century at L'Ile de la Tortue ...
... with the most famous long legged brunette pirate around ...

Watch trailers & screenshots here!

An AoE3 Macintosh campaign

Important:
In order to play this campaign right, you'll have to install this AoE3 mod:
Designer's Mod for Patch 1.09 by twoqtimes2's gang
I wouldn't have done anything without these guys job.

The AoE3 editor for Macintosh cannot handle sounds and musics for now.
Therefore, all you will get here are the ♩ ♫ ♬ original sounds ♩ ♫ ♬ ... and nothing else.

As always, my very first thanks go straight to Reyk.
And my thanks to Macsoft for making a Mac game out of it.

And thanks to you too, for your help, as I'm at it!

jml,
Tsunami Studios.

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 04-05-2007 @ 05:00 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-03-07 06:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 27  

I just realized you'll need the Designer's Mod for Patch 1.09 to watch this cinematic as I... sketched it.
posted 01-03-07 09:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 27  
*goes to download*

I will let you know if I can load it up soon

posted 01-04-07 06:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 27  
@ twoqtimes2

You're the one who made it!
Please, re-download, it's been updated.
Thanks to you twoqtimes2 and all of your helpers.
Great job! Which goes for Macintosh as well! Sorry...

posted 01-04-07 09:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 27  
I posted earlier at Tsunami, so I'll keep my reply short.

This looks very awesome and I wish you the best of luck. I would also like to tell everyone lurking around these forums to head over to the downloads section and download everything by such a terrific designer as jml.

posted 01-04-07 11:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 27  
Great news!! I happened to notice at the downloads that you already had a positive test on whether this worked on PC or not, so this post is kinda unnecessary, but I did download and gave this a run and all worked fine on my PC.

Others Comments:

Even though this is just a test, I can tell that you have a good eye for detail and I loved how well you used the new weather effects. Nice job

Good luck on the project and I hope to play it soon.

posted 01-05-07 04:02 AM EDT (US)     6 / 27  
@ twoqtimes2

Thank you for these nice feelings about the " eye ". Actually to see something, you need the eye, and also stuff to look at. Your stuff in that occasion.
I made a campaign in AoM which took me 2 years. So, I know, only now, before starting such a project, you better feel some vibes, have some dreams to make it possible...
... until the end. Which could never come.
And I truly believe I wouldn't have gone any further with the regular AoE3 just by itself. I installed AoE3, AND your mod right away and, then only, started fooling around with the game. But I had to reinstall and restart everything all over... with only AoE3, without knowing your mod wasn't there anymore.
And, all of a sudden, all of my stories were gone. All of my favorite units and objects I already choosed in that so precious so very split second you can't even notice... had just left the house.
This is how important the work you and your partners did is to me.

Quoted from twoqtimes2:

I loved how well you used the new weather effects

See! I didn't even realize those are new!
Even more thanks.
This might take a while now... 'hope you're not in a hurry!

@ Alex

Quoted from Alex:

such a terrific designer as jml...

Don't listen to Alex. The guy is only 15 years old.
Gosh, Alex, you're 15 now! Alex, my favorite " youngs " around. As far as I remember you were 13 the first time we speak. Not that it showed...
You've got a full life ahead. And you'll make something out of it.
Life is a gift. And it sounds already you're one of the few who ever noticed.
And yes Alex, the yellow confetti is a lightning... an AoE3 lightning...

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 01-05-2007 @ 04:12 AM).]

posted 01-05-07 03:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 27  
also jml reyk made a "New Editor" for AoE3
posted 01-05-07 06:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 27  
@ AgeofKnights

I know about this one. Is there a new one hidding somewhere? You never know with this Reyk guy, anything is possible...
Actually, that's a bit of his job, making anything possible.

posted 01-05-07 10:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27  
posted 01-07-07 03:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 27  
Pirates wouldnt refer to the British as Brits... 'Pirates' as you all know them were mainly English and Welsh, both of them British.
posted 01-08-07 02:38 AM EDT (US)     11 / 27  
@ WartyX

That makes a lot of sense. I'd better check on that twice if I ever go any further with this story. But it's kind of based on true events, and this woman pirate is supposed to lead a ship with pirates from... L'Ile de la Tortue...
I realized this " Brits " thing could be very unpleasant. The point is: should we tell a story like it happened or like it should be told in our days... We made quite some progress and maybe this should be considered.
What could have these sailors possibly said by that day where a british ship was just about to take them to the bottom...
Any suggestions of yours would be very welcome. The British! maybe? Why not...

posted 01-08-07 08:33 AM EDT (US)     12 / 27  
how is a scenario about a fictios charecter based on true events?
posted 01-09-07 03:59 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27  
well i would have thought the British would probably have been called the Navy...or the King's/Queen's Navy/ship. theres one for you to research
anyway scenario look great! shame i dont hav a mac...
posted 01-09-07 04:38 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27  
The screenshot looks good! Downloading now .

PS: For the installation instructions for PC users, you might want to include these:

• Lizzie's Way 01.age3scn:
    My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario

• jmlFullMoonBlue.lgt:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\art\lightsets

the lightsets folder isn't there automatically, so it's best if you create it, and place the jmlFullMoonBlue.lgt into it. Then the users should copy the lightsets folder to:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\art

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 01-09-2007 @ 05:09 PM).]

• posted 01-09-07 05:16 PM EDT (US)     15 / 27  
    @ WartyX

The Navy? Would you say that if you're just about to die?! I don't think so. I would give them some names myself that HG policy wouldn't approve! But I got your point, the offense side of your post... and switched to... The British. 'sounds awful but... peaceful. Sort of speak. 'might be already in the updated file. Not sure.
    As I decided that even without my own sounds and music, I will try to move a little further with this scenario. Because of the effects mostly. I love those clouds...
    I might secretly update the file as I'm progressing through the campaign... since it's probably the only place I'm sure I always can find it... or not loose it.
    Hey, shame I dont have a PC! By the way. I had to get a Mac for my job, and it works real great. But trust me when it comes to games... go for PC.
    I keep s thinking that " The Brits " is best... I would have said " The Frogs " if it was a french vessel...

@ Alexandergreat3

Very nice of you. I'll add it as soon as I update! I'm almost through with N°2. Which I didn't even start, but I know what I want to do. 99% of the process in my case...
    I have a " lightsets " folder, where I placed it as well, since I installed this Designer's Mod for Patch 1.09. Amazing stuff! Which is gonna be needed anyway to play this... campaign... if there is ever one! Last one took me two years. OF MY LIFE!

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 01-09-2007 @ 05:32 PM).]

posted 01-09-07 05:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27  
    No problem .

By the way, I've noticed a few things which I thought you might want to note for your final release:

- In your scenario, when the view is over right about the water where the ships are, my computer got slowed down a lot. My comp is a Pentium D with 1gig DDR RAM with a built-in gfx card (probably crappy ), so it *could* be my gfx card, although you might want to ask other players for more feedbacks regarding the lag issue.

- That .age3scn cannot load in TWC. At first I thought it was a Mac-PC incompatibility, but then I remembered about the forum topic about some patch bugs that make it so that TWC cannot load .age3scn files.

posted 01-09-07 06:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 27  
    @ Alexandergreat3

The lag has been after me, and some others, since I started to design. You should have seen the original scenario with tones of clouds, lightnings, rain, snow all over ( but it didn't look like too much )... I took off almost 75% of the effects since those are causing the lag you got. But still. So the choice is either it's boring, or... just a bit laggy. The little lag you can see in the trailer is the one I get myself. Fine I suppose.
    TWC. It doesn't matter as long as you can play it Vanilla I suppose... TWC will never be released for Mac anyway.

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 01-09-2007 @ 06:39 PM).]

posted 01-09-07 06:57 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27  
    I like the weather effects
    The skybox in the background bends strangely though, maybe you should reposition it so it doesn't make the water look like it's square instead of continuing into the background (left part of the screenshot)
    It looks like it has the potential to be a very good scenario.

ESO: Space_man
    AoE3 Cinematics:
    Death by Natives and The Last Scenario Designer
    Project announcement coming soon!
    posted 01-10-07 04:05 AM EDT (US)     19 / 27  
    @ annihilator2000

Thanks. You see only half of what I wanted.. But the lag, you know, my long time very personnal enemy...
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I tried... 'can't really move the sky closer to avoid showing the city which is at the bottom... failed... and went onto something else. I hope they're will be loads of mistakes on my maps. 'helps me forget, and forgive, I'm not perfect. And I rather use the time saved for... fun. This game engine isn't perfect either, no one is, this is already a trick. So I implore your gamer forgivness here, to help me try to offer you some more, imperfect, stuff in the near future. I already gave up on the sounds, only a Mac problem, a way much more important to me, as I wanted to make a real voice job here, so...
    But, don't worry, that gave me the creaps too!

♫ I will survive. ♪.

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 01-10-2007 @ 04:14 AM).]

posted 01-31-07 01:03 PM EDT (US)     20 / 27  
    posted 01-31-07 06:41 PM EDT (US)     21 / 27  

Scenario N°2 is out!

Could a mod retitle this thread with:
    [" Lizzie's Way ", The Pirate of the Caribbeans, the Serial.]
    as this is no test anymore... but a serious headache!
    Thanks!

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 02-02-2007 @ 04:06 AM).]

posted 02-07-07 07:58 AM EDT (US)     22 / 27  
    @ Mods

Could a mod be nice to take a little of his time to retitle this thread with:
    Or let me know how to do it.
    as this is no test anymore...
    Thanks!

posted 02-22-07 03:16 AM EDT (US)     23 / 27  
    @ Mods

Could a mod be nice to retitle this thread with:
    Or let me know how to do it.
    as this is no test anymore...
    Thanks again!

posted 02-22-07 11:54 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27  
    Woops, didn't see that post before. Changed though.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    posted 02-22-07 11:59 AM EDT (US)     25 / 27  
    Nice one jml!!!!!!!
    posted 02-22-07 06:57 PM EDT (US)     26 / 27  
    Your underwater screenies are most interesting.

posted 02-23-07 07:28 AM EDT (US)     27 / 27  
    @ Stonewall J
    And I thank you for that!

@ Gaurdian_112
    'coming from you, it's not only a compliment, but also a big push in my back to keep going... 'gotta change my Mac graphic card before any other move to see what you guys really see... since I have no idea for now. 'never thought of that...

@ Alex
    Alex!
    Nice tan by the way!
    Not my first underwater but certainly my first dive!

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » " Lizzie's Way ", The Pirate of the Caribbeans, the Serial.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames