Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Second Punic War
posted 08-30-07 12:29 PM CT (US)   
Hi,
I don't really post here, but I wanted to advertise for my newest campaign. It is a historically accurate campaign that will let you play both sides (Rome and Carthage) in the 2nd Punic War. Here are some things to expect:

- 2 paths to victory (Scipio and Hannibal) all on one giant map
- Total conversion Modpack
- Edited DAT file
- Well over 1500 triggers when finished
- Mainly FF
- An ambush system
- A hero command system for at least one battle
- 5 battles for each general
- Lots of music and sound files
- and much more

The five missions that I have completed for Hannibal are
- The journey through the Alps
- The Battle of River Trebia
- The viscous ambush at the Battle of Lake Trasimene
- The bloody Battle of Cannae
- Hannibal in hero mode at the final battle of Zama

For Scipio, I've only done part of some of the five missions. The ones I have started are:
- The amphibious assault on Carthago Nova
- The uphill Battle of Baecula

CURRENT PROGRESS ~ 65% (Hannibal half is complete; Scipio in early stages.)

Lastly, Here are a few screenshots:

Accurate Roman Legions
A Carthaginian Ambush

Well, that is all for now, I will probably update this every so often. Hope people find this interesting!

[This message has been edited by Courtjester1 (edited 09-08-2007 @ 07:52 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-30-07 01:00 PM CT (US)     1 / 32  
If this wasn't a with a Mod pack, I'd offer playtesting if you needed it. Well, anyways, looks awsome!

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 08-30-07 06:51 PM CT (US)     2 / 32  
Looks cool, Courtjester1. I like the screenshots. Best of luck! You had better finish this too, looks like something I'd enjoy.

Dantares, maybe if you actually try modpacks it really won't be as bad as what you think.
Just a quick install of the modpack studio or whatever it is called, then double click on the mod itself (before you open the game up of course) and it will install. The moment you quit AoK the mod will uninstall. Easy peezy, kangarooneezy.

[This message has been edited by Mashek (edited 08-30-2007 @ 06:55 PM).]

posted 08-30-07 07:03 PM CT (US)     3 / 32  
That looks awesome! I like the screenshots. That looks extremely promising! Keep up the good work!

Scipio
posted 08-30-07 07:05 PM CT (US)     4 / 32  
Niiiiiiiiiiccce!!!
posted 08-30-07 07:44 PM CT (US)     5 / 32  
Oh my good god that looks InSaNe!

Know god, No fear
No god, Know fear
posted 08-30-07 08:22 PM CT (US)     6 / 32  
Dantares, maybe if you actually try modpacks it really won't be as bad as what you think.
I know they're not bad. I've got ideas for making a few myself. But I just don't like them being used in a game. I like to just use units original to AoE II. I make an exception with DAT files. I mean they are relativly close to the original units.

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 08-31-07 01:50 AM CT (US)     7 / 32  
Are there very good Punic War scenarios at present in Age of Kings Heaven? I want to play as Hannibal and ride through the snowy Alp mountains.

[This message has been edited by John Mendl (edited 08-31-2007 @ 01:52 AM).]

posted 08-31-07 09:25 AM CT (US)     8 / 32  
Aren't those the Legion and Phalanx units from AoE?

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
Proud Member of TWH since 2007 and AoKH since 2004
Seleucid AAR|Sarmatian AAR | Spain AAR
posted 08-31-07 10:08 AM CT (US)     9 / 32  
Yeah, I'd playtest it too if it weren't for the evil modpacks...

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 08-31-07 01:46 PM CT (US)     10 / 32  
if modpack are going to frighten people away, you could always use the custom installer. Though I have never seen the reason for hating mods.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 08-31-07 03:34 PM CT (US)     11 / 32  
Yeah, I'd playtest it too if it weren't for the evil modpacks...
I'm glad I'm not the only wierdo. lol

posted 08-31-07 03:36 PM CT (US)     12 / 32  
The custom installer is the solution.

Cool screenies, by the way.
posted 08-31-07 03:50 PM CT (US)     13 / 32  
Can you PLEASE tell me how you got the AGE 1 guys on the 2nd. I know about modpacks, I just never looked hard enough, I guess. They are really cool.

Thanks anyway,
Scipio
posted 08-31-07 06:45 PM CT (US)     14 / 32  
I used the "Rome at War" and "All Roads Lead to Rome" mods for my campaign.
posted 08-31-07 06:49 PM CT (US)     15 / 32  
the screenies look nice, man. cant wait till its finished.

OH MAN! i should use that mod pack for my scenerio!

__--==_General Short_==--__

__Legend of the Wandering King_90%|William Wallace Campaign_99%|Siege of Yorktown_14%__

[This message has been edited by General_Short (edited 08-31-2007 @ 06:52 PM).]

posted 09-01-07 08:45 PM CT (US)     16 / 32  
Thank you OH SO MUCH this is what I've been looking for forever although even if I make a scenario with it will not be as awesome as yours... Thanks!

Scipio

*Leaves to begin constructing a campaign*

I have one question-when you download it it says that the Mayans and the Aztecs or Vikings and Teutons are replaced by the Romans and Greeks! Do you lose the Vikings and Teutons/Mayans Aztecs when you get it???

[This message has been edited by Commander Scipio (edited 09-04-2007 @ 07:19 AM).]

posted 09-05-07 09:12 PM CT (US)     17 / 32  
It will be a great campaing. Im waiting for it.
posted 09-08-07 02:15 PM CT (US)     18 / 32  
@ Commander Scipio,

The building set for the civilizations that have been modded are changed along with some of the units. The civilization names will only be changed if you install the language file. You will not be able to play ordinary random maps or custom campaigns with this mod unless it's uninstalled.
posted 09-08-07 02:48 PM CT (US)     19 / 32  
Is punic even a word?????

Dont make me mad or you will be spam.
Muhahahahhahaha.....
posted 09-08-07 03:10 PM CT (US)     20 / 32  
OK thanks.

Scipio

"Scipio is more charismatic than you are." -Rocking Doom
"Scipio ... narcissistic ... overly arrogant cuckold ... noble souls and gentlemen, ... spare a second ... basic and ennui existence ... feeble pleasure ... his life more bearable ... monotony of stoic reality." *-Scud
"SCIPIO YOU SUN BITCH" -TOAO_Roland
posted 09-08-07 04:20 PM CT (US)     21 / 32  
@tyler_t_rocks,

"Punic," is the Latin term for the Phoenicians. And the Phoenicians founded Carthage.
posted 09-08-07 04:57 PM CT (US)     22 / 32  
ah yes i know this war, they cross the alps right?

Know god, No fear
No god, Know fear
posted 09-08-07 06:07 PM CT (US)     23 / 32  
That was was pretty cool. Yes, I think they crossed the Alps, but I'm not a reliable source when it comes to history.

Keep working Courtjester1! I would expect this to turn out great!
posted 09-08-07 07:36 PM CT (US)     24 / 32  
Yes, Hannibal crossed the Alps with his army along with his elephants. He surprised the Romans and won many battles.
posted 09-08-07 07:38 PM CT (US)     25 / 32  
Yes, Hannibal crossed the Alps with his army along with his elephants. He surprised the Romans and won many battles.
...and then lost.
posted 09-09-07 09:43 AM CT (US)     26 / 32  
...and then lost.
Yes they didn't conquer Rome (Rome is way better than Carthage ) Why else do you think my name is SCIPIO? Anyway I'm famous

Scipio

PS. About the famous stuff- only in Courtjester1's campaign...

"Scipio ... narcissistic ... overly arrogant cuckold ... noble souls and gentlemen, ... spare a second ... basic and ennui existence ... feeble pleasure ... his life more bearable ... monotony of stoic reality." *-Scud
posted 09-09-07 02:36 PM CT (US)     27 / 32  
Yes they didn't conquer Rome[/quoyte]

Sadly true. When I read the story of hannible, i was routing for him all the way!

Oh, so that was what you were going to put in your signature btw. Looks nice. lol

posted 09-09-07 02:41 PM CT (US)     28 / 32  
I'll have to agree with Dantares IV with this one. I really hate Rome.
posted 09-09-07 02:52 PM CT (US)     29 / 32  
Wait, what possible reason could you have to hate an empire that was finished fifteen centuries before you were born and also was the basis for all our current civilisation?

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 09-09-07 02:54 PM CT (US)     30 / 32  
Wait, what possible reason could you have to hate an empire that was finished fifteen centuries before you were born and also was the basis for all our current civilisation?
Well in that case, what right do we have to like it. HA!

posted 09-09-07 02:56 PM CT (US)     31 / 32  
I like Rome in the sense that they pretty much made the world and crafted it the way it was. But I don't like it because, well, dang. I don't have a reason I guess.
posted 09-10-07 07:32 PM CT (US)     32 / 32  
Oh, so that was what you were going to put in your signature btw. Looks nice. lol
Yes I know
I'll have to agree with Dantares IV with this one. I really hate Rome.
How can you not like Rome!? -All roads lead to Rome, right Julius999?
Ya, what he said...
Well in that case, what right do we have to like it. HA!
Well duh... Rome Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like Rome in the sense that they pretty much made the world and crafted it the way it was. But I don't like it because, well, dang. I don't have a reason I guess.
Ya, nobody does except Macedon, Greece, Carthage, Numidia, Selucia, Samnite, Gaul, Germania, the Saasnids, Egypt, Britannia, Etrusca, Judah Ben-Hur, and several others...

Ok this is making Rome look bad and Judah Ben-Hur is only a fictional movie... But we did benefit from Rome in many ways.

Scipio

PS. Don't forget I'm famous

Edit: I am so famous maybe I should put this in my sig.

[This message has been edited by Commander Scipio (edited 09-10-2007 @ 07:35 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » The Second Punic War
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames