You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project: Defense of The Shrine (AoK DoTA)
posted 01-10-11 06:05 PM CT (US)   
Intro
My current and old project is almost seeing the light of day! I estimate completion in under 2 weeks, WOO!

To do list:
-Respawn system
-Hero selection
-Polish map design
-Polish game
About
It's going to be 3vs3 with 2 CPUs. There's 6 heroes to pick from and there's no duplicates for a team. The objective is to work as a team to level up and eventually destroy the enemy's Main Tower. It will resemble DoTA from WC3 as well as the newer games of the same genre.
Pictures
Mapshot
Features
  • 6 Heroes with 4 skills each (including a game changing ultimate skill) which have different play-styles.
  • RPG elements like Levels, EXP, Stats and more.
  • Two lanes with tower guards and CPU allies pushing.
  • A jungle for each side with varying creep camps including special camps that provide extra bonuses.
  • Two Goldmine locations that will provide Gold to the team that owns it.
  • Artifacts of varying effect to build your Hero to victory.
  • Improvable Health Potions that can be used on any ally.
  • Tons of tricky triggers to allow a game like this possible for AoK, including a repsawn system with stats.
  • The Heroes/Skills
    Heal {Hotkey your Monk to [2]}
    (Using a Heal Rune, use your monk to heal team target for 10 seconds)
    [Starting heal rate is +22HP per second. Minimum heal rate is +2HP per second]

_=Lord de Graville=_

Critical {Passive}
    (Increase ATK and occassionally increase ATK to critical)
    [LVL1][+5ATK, critical of +50ATK]
    [LVL2][+10ATK, critical of +150ATK]
    [LVL3][+15ATK, critical of +300ATK]

Life Tap {Toggle[2]}
    (Using MP, temporarily increase HP every kill. Bonus HP diminishes by 2HP every 5 seconds. Bonus HP are lost upon death)
    [LVL1][MP=2][+22HP]
    [LVL2][MP=4][+44HP]
    [LVL3][MP=6][+66HP]

Divinity {Cast[3]}
    (Regenerate team Heroes' HP; and increases effectiveness of Heal skill for team Heroes for 60 seconds)
    [LVL1][MP=30][+100HP, +20HP per second][Cooldown=200]
    [LVL2][MP=40][+200HP, +50HP per second][Cooldown=150]
    [LVL3][MP=50][+300HP, +80HP per second][Cooldown=100]

Silence {Cast[4]}
    (Current enemy Heroes' ATK are reduced to 1 for 30 seconds. 33SP to block, negates skill)
    [LVL1][MP=30][Cooldown=250]
    [LVL2][MP=35][Cooldown=200]
    [LVL3][MP=40][Cooldown=150]

_=Nobunaga=_

Bushido {Passive}
    (You have a certain chance of gaining a kill and EXP when an enemy Hero gets a kill. This kill only affects your skills and artifacts)
    [LVL1][33%][+3EXP]
    [LVL2][67%][+4EXP]
    [LVL3][100%][+5EXP]

Miasma {Toggle[2]}
    (Using MP, damage enemy Heroes every 10 seconds. In addition, every kill will damage enemy Heroes)
    [LVL1][MP=3][Damage by 10]
    [LVL2][MP=4][Damage by 15]
    [LVL3][MP=5][Damage by 20]

Zeal {Toggle[3]}
    (Using MP, temporarily increase ATK every kill. Bonus ATK diminishes by 2ATK every 6 seconds. Bonus ATK are lost upon death)
    [LVL1][MP=5][+10ATK]
    [LVL2][MP=10][+14ATK]
    [LVL3][MP=15][+18ATK]

Desolation {Cast[4]}
    (Damage current enemy Heroes. Reduce ATK of current enemy Heroes and increase yours by the same amount. ATK changes lasts till death. 50SP to block, negates skill)
    [LVL1][MP=25][Damage by 100, -3ATK][Cooldown=300]
    [LVL2][MP=50][Damage by 200, -5ATK][Cooldown=250]
    [LVL3][MP=75][Damage by 300, -7ATK][Cooldown=200]

_=Attila the Hun=_

Defiance {Passive}
    (Regenerate HP every 4 seconds towards a threshold as long as you have 40MP. Autoheal is improved)
    [LVL1][+5HP up to 200HP]
    [LVL2][+10HP up to 500HP]
    [LVL3][+15HP up to 800HP]

Vision {Cast[2]}
    (Reveal the playing field for 10 seconds)
    [LVL1][MP=30][Cooldown=250]
    [LVL2][MP=25][Cooldown=200]
    [LVL3][MP=20][Cooldown=150]

War Cry {Cast[3]}
    (Increase HP and ATK for team Heroes for 90 seconds)
    [LVL1][MP=30][+50HP, +5ATK][Cooldown=250]
    [LVL2][MP=40][+250HP, +15ATK][Cooldown=200]
    [LVL3][MP=50][+500HP, +30ATK][Cooldown=150]

Cataclysm {Cast[4]}
    (Damage all but 50HP to current enemy Heroes. 50SP to block, negates skill)
    [LVL1][MP=100][Cooldown=500]
    [LVL2][MP=80][Cooldown=400]
    [LVL3][MP=60][Cooldown=300]

_=Aethelfirth=_

Vengeance {Passive}
    (Upon Hero death, increase HP and ATK of current wolves for 25 seconds)
    [LVL1][+300HP, +25ATK]
    [LVL2][+600HP, +50ATK]
    [LVL3][+900HP, +75ATK]

Rage {Toggle[2]}
    (Increases ATK at the cost of damaging yourself every 6 seconds)
    [LVL1][Damage=7][+15ATK]
    [LVL2][Damage=15][+40ATK]
    [LVL3][Damage=24][+75ATK]

Wolf Gang {Cast[3]}
    (Spawn controllable wolves in base at the cost of damaging yourself. Wolves have 100HP and 8ATK)
    [LVL1][Damage=25][2 wolves maximum]
    [LVL2][Damage=50][3 wolves maximum, +150HP to new wolves]
    [LVL3][Damage=75][4 wolves maximum, +300HP to new wolves]

Feral Age {Cast[4]}
    (Enemy Heroes will lose all MP and not be able to gain MP for 45 seconds at the cost of damaging yourself by 200. 100SP to block, negates skill)
    [LVL1][Cooldown=500]
    [LVL2][Cooldown=350]
    [LVL3][Cooldown=200]

_=Hand Cannoneer=_

Tech Affinity {Passive}
    (Increase your ATK and repair the tower every 9 seconds as long as you are nearby)
    [LVL1][+20ATK, repair 1HP]
    [LVL2][+40ATK, repair 2HP]
    [LVL3][+60ATK, repair 3HP]

Lethal Shot {Target[21][22][23]}
    (Damage and stun chosen enemy Hero; and decrease their Heal Skill effectiveness in increments of 20 for 100 seconds)
    [LVL1][MP=25][Damage by 50, up to -40HP per second][Cooldown=500]
    [LVL2][MP=50][Damage by 100, up to -160HP per second][Cooldown=450]
    [LVL3][MP=75][Damage by 150, up to -300HP per second][Cooldown=400]

Ominous Shot {Cast[3]}
    (Damage current random enemy Hero and they lose SP. They lose the same amount of SP again if they have that same amount or more left)
    [LVL1][MP=25][Damage by 50, lose 10SP][Cooldown=250]
    [LVL2][MP=50][Damage by 100, lose 15SP][Cooldown=200]
    [LVL3][MP=75][Damage by 150, lose 20SP][Cooldown=150]

Barrage {Cast[4]}
    (Damage current enemy Heroes with a chance of dealing more damage every second for 10 seconds. 30SP to block, negates initial damage)
    [LVL1][MP=50][Damage by 200, 25% of 75 damage][Cooldown=500]
    [LVL2][MP=150][Damage by 400, 50% of 75 damage][Cooldown=350]
    [LVL3][MP=250][Damage by 600, 75% of 75 damage][Cooldown=200]

_=Theodoric the Goth=_

Endurance {Passive}
    (Increases your HP every 9 seconds until you reach a certain bonus amount. This bonus is loss when you die)
    [LVL1][+3HP up to 225HP]
    [LVL2][+6HP up to 450HP]
    [LVL3][+9HP up to 675HP]

Tempo {Passive}
    (After a kill, ATK is increased until a kill is made. After the drop, ATK increases by a small amount. This bonus is loss when you die)
    [LVL1][+30ATK, +1ATK bonus]
    [LVL2][+40ATK, +2ATK bonus]
    [LVL3][+50ATK, +3ATK bonus]

Scavenge {Passive}
    (Increases GOLD gained after a kill. GOLD gain is doubled if you kill within 4 seconds of a previous kill)
    [LVL1][+3GOLD]
    [LVL2][+4GOLD]
    [LVL3][+5GOLD]

Limbo {Cast[4]}
    (At the cost of some ATK, enemy Heroes cannot target you for normal attacks for 30 seconds. 50SP to block, negates skill)
    [LVL1][ATK=10][Cooldown=600]
    [LVL2][ATK=15][Cooldown=400]
    [LVL3][ATK=20][Cooldown=200]
    Artifacts
    There are 20 artifacts in total, 9 basic and 11 rare. Rare artifacts are made by using basic artifacts and gold. A player can not have duplicate artifacts.

°BASIC ARTIFACTS°
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Amulet {Man-At-Arms}
    [Regenerate 2SP every 25 seconds]

Bracelet {Spearman}
    [Regenerate 3MP every kill. Regenerate 3MP every 30 seconds]

Charm {Archer}
    [+50HP per second to Heal skill]

Dagger {Crossbowman}
    [+15ATK]

Gem {Militia}
    [+2GOLD every 8 seconds]

Orb {Eagle Warrior}
    [+(5-7)EXP every kill]

Pearl {Skirmisher}
    [+(4-7)GOLD every kill]

Ring {Long Swordsman}
    [+5ATK and +100HP]

Statue {Pikeman}
    [+300HP]

°RARE ARTIFACTS°
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Charm Bracelet {Plumed Archer}
    (Charm + Bracelet + GOLD)
    [+150HP per second to Heal skill. Regenerate 7MP every kill. Regenerate 4MP every 20 seconds]

Cryptic Dagger {Chu Ko Nu}
    (Dagger + GOLD)
    [+40ATK]

Heart Ring {Woad Raider}
    (Statue + Ring + GOLD)
    [+5ATK and +400HP. +1000HP for each currently dead team Hero]

Jade Statue {Teutonic Knight}
    (Statue + GOLD)
    [+700HP]

Jewel {Elite Skirmisher}
    (Gem + Pearl + GOLD)
    [+7GOLD every kill. +10Gold and gain a Heal Rune every 60 seconds]

Kalinga Bracelet {Champion}
    (Bracelet + Amulet + GOLD)
    [Regenerate 5MP every kill. Regenerate 2MP and 2SP every 20 seconds. Drain 30MP from each enemy Hero every 40 seconds if they have at least 30MP]

Keltos Dagger {Arbalest}
    (Dagger + Gem + GOLD)
    [+5ATK every kill. Can stack up to 40 (200ATK). Stacks are lost upon death]

Sacred Amulet {Samurai}
    (Orb + Amulet + GOLD)
    [+200HP. Regenerate 2SP every 20 seconds. Reduces death time]

Skull Ring {Longbowman}
    (Dagger + Ring + GOLD)
    [+20ATK and +100HP. +40ATK for each currently dead team Hero]

Soul Emblem {Two-Handed Swordsman}
    (Ring + Gem + GOLD)
    [+10ATK and +200HP. +10ATK and +200HP every Hero kill. Can stack up to 5 (50ATK, 1000HP). 1 stack lost upon death. At 5 Stacks, you gain +3GOLD every 5 seconds.]

Vesperia Statue {Halberdier}
    (Statue + Gem + GOLD)
    [+50HP every kill. Can stack up to 40 (2000HP). Stacks are lost upon death]
    And a bit more...

~
    [My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
    ~~~
    A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest

[This message has been edited by Dtrungle (edited 12-25-2011 @ 03:20 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 01-10-11 06:36 PM CT (US)     1 / 18  
    wow. this is looking pretty good so far. keep up the good work
    posted 01-10-11 07:30 PM CT (US)     2 / 18  
    This sounds really awesome and unique. I can't comment much on skills, it all looks really cool, and well thought out between characters. The differences between some having casting, passive etc I think would work well as tactics will be needed.

Perhaps if its 3v3 you could have 6 heroes? One for each player? Or does a player have them all? I couldn't tell.

I just figured out the map. Perhaps some elevation in the middle? For tactical bonus use? Can you upgrade towers and so on?

[This message has been edited by Tetsuo Shima (edited 01-10-2011 @ 07:33 PM).]

posted 01-10-11 09:10 PM CT (US)     3 / 18  
    This looks pretty sweet, good luck and keep up the good work!!!

Host of Current Campaigns and Scenarios - Volume 6
    Pround member of Black Forest Studios
    Creator of: Jengar's Quest: rated 3.9
    Working on: GuardianTrilogy ~25% Done
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
    "I'm slowly falling to pieces, and I know only one can put me back together, yet he seems to be letting me fall apart, I just pray that his plan is worth it. I know it will be, but its easy to say it, much harder to live it." - sadly, Me
    posted 01-10-11 10:09 PM CT (US)     4 / 18  
    How do you get that picture of the map? Every time I ask this people say just press these buttons and it gives you a map but it never works can someone tell me exactly how to do it
    posted 01-11-11 04:13 AM CT (US)     5 / 18  
    Looking sexual as usual, Dtrung. If you need help, You know where to find me.

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
    and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    posted 01-11-11 10:19 AM CT (US)     6 / 18  
    Where is my name? lol, just kidding! I'm glad you put it up on here for people to admire your work so far
    posted 01-11-11 03:05 PM CT (US)     7 / 18  
    Looks positively delectable, Dtrung. How come you didn't have something in the Scenario of the year?

Member of BlackForest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 01-11-11 04:00 PM CT (US)     8 / 18  
    Thanks for noticing Tetsuo Shima.
    There's 4 heroes in total (it's not easy making heroes up) and it will be 3v3. No duplicates are allowed on the team. So, if it's 3v3, each team will consist of 3 out of 4 of the available heroes. Players are allowed to choose who they want. Starts with player1 and continues on from there.

About the map, I assumed that you guys would understand it a bit more than what's shown as I mentioned DoTA. But, the notion of people not knowing what DoTA is slipped my mind.
    So, the map will have dead end routes as you can probably see. These dead ends will contain units to kill or something else that will be of benefit. The road you see is the general layout of the routes. The path with the tower is the main route that your CPU allies will take to push into your enemies' base.

@TomYo689, I believe you need to press CTRL+12. I may be wrong... as I kinda spam the buttons till the box shows up. Make sure the map is revealed and that you're in an actual active game.

@Popeychops, the only map I would have that fits the date would be my puzzle minigame. Though, it's not as good as I'd hope while I made it. Lacking a solid storyline I guess was my downfall since mine failed horribly compared to the other puzzle minigame submission from a previous year. Nevermind, I didn't upload anything for 2010.

Thanks again for the comments.

~
    [My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
    ~~~
    A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest

[This message has been edited by Dtrungle (edited 01-11-2011 @ 04:23 PM).]

posted 01-11-11 04:06 PM CT (US)     9 / 18  
    @TomYo689 Dtrungle's right - press Ctrl+F12 to produce a mapshot. The mapshot then gets saved in the AOK folder - if you're running Vista/7 you'll have to click the tab that says Compatibility Files once you're in the AOK folder and then it should all be there.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
    Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
    posted 01-11-11 05:58 PM CT (US)     10 / 18  
    Where do I find it after pressing ctrl 12
    posted 01-11-11 06:12 PM CT (US)     11 / 18  
    For me, on Vista, it's:

C:, Program files, Microsoft games, Age of Empires II
    then click "compatibility files" then Screenshots.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
    Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
    posted 01-13-11 01:26 AM CT (US)     12 / 18  
    my suggestions:
    make it easy on yourself to add new heroes to game
    add some trees (if you're not done)
    get on voobly more so we can chat some
    make it very simple to pick up (or it won't get played at all)
    -thats why cba is so popular.

"i keep my female villagers either garrisoned in the town center or pickin' berries where they belong"
    posted 01-13-11 11:47 AM CT (US)     13 / 18  
    Yeah, I need to preplan the trigger layout and the map so that 'updates' can be done on the map with minimal affects with other things. As of now, I can think of another Hero but I'll just stick with 4. If it gets done, updates can be added then and all that.

I'll try to make it simple. Though, there will be some new stuff so people need to be a little attentive. In essence, if you can,
    -read and understand English/RPG terms
    -use Hotkeys to quickly change from units
    then you'll be able to play it good.

~
    ~~~
    posted 01-13-11 11:58 AM CT (US)     14 / 18  
    Looks fun Dtrungle! Even with only the 4 heroes you have now it'll be great.

A question though: How will players know when certain skills are used? It's hard to have skill graphics in AoE. Perhaps use send chats .. or something idk.

Also, will this have DAT editing (voobly supports mods now remember)? DAT editing would make some really cool stuff possible. You could have buttons on the units for skills, and you could have skills which happen at the hero. (Eg: to do damage in AoE around the hero: create an invisible 9999 speed unit which goes to player hero, then dies into a sab, then sab explodes).

A hero idea using dat editing to show you the coolness. he'd be a pusher/ganker. Graphic: hand cannoneer or jan

Skill 1) Explosive Keg
    Creates a very slow but high dmg saboteur at player's location (in no atk stance, so it doesn't explode immediately). Good for pushing or when enemies are trapped.

Skill 2) Energy Thingy
    Creates a gadget (palisade wall? statue? ghenghis head?) at the player's location which heals allies in area (invisible monk(s)) and damages enemies in area (invisible attackers or invisible exploding sab)

Skill 3) Tinker (stolen from HON's engineer)
    This would require a trigger for each ally and enemy tower, but would be cool.
    WHEN IN LINE OF SIGHT OF A TOWER: Raises HP and maybe AP of allied tower and nearby allied creeps. lowers HP and maybe AP of an enemy tower and nearby enemy creeps.

Skill 4 [ultimate]) Trap
    Creates a 3x3 palisade wall area around the player for a few seconds. Can be used to trap enemy heroes (this is possible with an invisible unit flying in, dying on the hero, and creating a building that has annex units of a 3x3 wall). this synergizes with skill 1&2, keeping the enemy trapped so the sab can catch up and the energy thingy can damage)

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 01-13-2011 @ 11:59 AM).]

posted 01-13-11 12:16 PM CT (US)     15 / 18  
    Modding would be great, but think about us who play at GameRanger?
    posted 01-13-11 07:37 PM CT (US)     16 / 18  
    Yeah, I highly doubt that I will be placing skill graphics. It just takes up too much time and makes you so very lazy. My pass experiences with trying to do that type of stuff really pulled my motivation down. I'll be sending chats as indications, to everyone or ally, not quite sure yet on the details.

I'm going to make this using vanilla aoe like all of my maps. I'm a newbie with dat editing, a big one. If this map is any good, porting/designing one with edited dat files will be easy.

That Hero setup and its skillages does sound cool, lol. I bet I can come up with some nifty ideas too if I ever get around to learning. One thing though, "dying on the hero", would this mean that the invisible flying unit would be a sab-type unit? a bird or an actually unit? Anyhows, it sounds amazing.

About the AI and the whole cpu pushing lane aspects. The AI will never be as good as the others, at least I don't see it happening... That will definitely be an issue with gameplay though not a big one.

~
    ~~~
    posted 01-13-11 08:07 PM CT (US)     17 / 18  
    One thing though, "dying on the hero", would this mean that the invisible flying unit would be a sab-type unit? a bird or an actually unit? Anyhows, it sounds amazing.
    Well you have an invisible bird-type with 999 speed. You create it, task it to the hero, then one second later kill it. Then the unit's Dead Unit ID is a saboteur, or a swordsman, or a deer, or whatever you like.

I can totally understand why you want to stick with vanilla though, DAT editing can be frustrating. I do think it'd be nice to have 2 more heroes so everyone is different, but it's hard to think of skills with vanilla.
    Modding would be great, but think about us who play at GameRanger?

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 01-13-2011 @ 08:18 PM).]

posted 01-14-11 00:40 AM CT (US)     18 / 18  
    instead of having the sab go to the hero you could just have the hero create a sab with 0 hp killing it when it spawns.

"i keep my female villagers either garrisoned in the town center or pickin' berries where they belong"
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project: Defense of The Shrine (AoK DoTA)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames