Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Basses Advent Calendar
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-01-11 02:09 PM CT (US)   
Basses Advent Calendar

Hello everyone!

As you all might know, I'm quite active in designing multiplayer maps. And as usual, for every finished map, there is about 10 unfinished maps. Not counting the ones dropped during planning or basic designing process. Well, anyway, I've been going through all of my unfinished maps I have laying around and thought I should release them, just in case someone wants to see them. Some of them are very much playable, while some aren't.

I was looking through my 2 scenario folders, one consisting of 2000+ scenarios and one with around 100 scenarios. Not all are mine ofcourse, but a whole lot of them are! Then I got this crazy idea of making an Advent Calendar for Christmas, releasing 1 map for every day until christmas. So, I started picking out the 25 best maps (also happens to be the number of maps being at least halfly playable). And I got a list of maps ready for releasing.

I will try to get map-shots for every one of them with descriptions when I update with a new map.

1:st of December: Adventure of two Heroes
2-player RPG set in a fictional world.
I spent a lot of time on this map, and it was started well over a year ago and was going to finish it this summer, but plans changed.
Mapshot

2:nd of December: Battle for Helms Deep
A 4-player search and destroy type of scenario. Inspired by the battle of helms deep from the movies.
Mapshot

3:rd of December: Blood NoName
8-player blood map. As most of the maps, I worked quite ambitiously on this one to later just drop it at it's final stages.
Mapshot

4:th of December: Crater Blood
8-player blood map. Can't remember much of this map, except that I tested it quite a lot on GameRanger. One of the countless bloods I made.
Mapshot

5:th of December: Dead Island
My attempt for an entry for the Horror Competition. Originally a puzzle/horror singleplayer map. An island meant for experiments where scientists experiment with humans and animals. Mutants takes over the island and kills everything alive. You travel to the island to rescue the final survivors and annihilate the mutants. Later made into a multiplayer map. Merely started project, pretty much only map design done.
Mapshot

6:th of December: Demon Hunters RPG
A classic style RPG. You start with a unit depending on your civ. Archer civ starts with archer, infantry civ with infantry and cavalry civ with cavalry. Every civ will evolve differently than another civ. You kill units for gold and to level up. With gold you can train (evolve) in to a better unit by training in the capital. Only testing and bug-fixing left to do on this one, but as with every other project, the motivation is gone.
Mapshot

7:th of December: Demons of Hell RPG
A classic style RPG. You start by choosing your unit, then you kill other units for gold. With gold you can train your unit to a better unit. Map design - 100%, story - 50%, triggers - 75%.
Mapshot

8:th of December: Gladiator Blood
A quite experimental blood where you fight in rounds. After each round you get gold to buy units and upgrades. 6players + 1 computer. Unfinished, but I believe it's playable.
Mapshot

9:th of December: House Blood
One of my first bloods I made. A quite good one to be honest. Late testing stages with only minor bug-fixing and possibly balansing left to do. 8-player blood where you build houses on the unit you wish to spawn.
Mapshot

10:th of December: Income Wars
I believe this was my first try for a blood map. It was inspired by a map with same namefrom StarCraft II and I used the income system by simon and sadoor. You buy units that spawn as computer units, so all you do is spawn units that counter the enemy and try to defend your base. P1,3,5 vs P2,4,6. P7 and P8 are computers with a simple AI, but the AI requires the UserPatch to not freeze the game, unfortunately. Which is the main reason I quit the project.
Mapshot

11:th of December: Mazebuilders
Also a StarCraft II inspired map. Use your siege onager to make a maze in the forest. Use villagers to build a base. In every corner there is a shop, two for preys (p1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and7) and two for hunters (p4 and 8). Hunters can be computer players, but need UserPatch to not lagg out the game. Only bug-fixing and minor balansing left on this. Relatively new map, so I might pick it up again and finish it. But at the moment, it's on hold.
Mapshot

12:th of December: Melee Blood
A small blood I made a while back. Only melee units, no ranged units. Very simple map.
Mapshot

13:th of December: Militia Star
An 8-player blood map that originally only were meant for experimenting with some ideas. It was supposed to be archers in it too, but I never added them.
Mapshot

14:th of December: Nalio
Nalio is an RP/Diplomatic map set in a fictional world. The game is RM-styled on a giant detailed map. Quite ambisious project with random (sort of) starting positions. My best RM-styled map to be honest (probably my only too ). It's playable with AI's as well, but if you want to play with AI's, I suggest using the UP 1.1.
Mapshot

15:th of December: Infantry Madness
A blood map with only infantry units. 4-player map with infantry as main units, but other units as specials. A nice blood, and I enjoy playing it. It's playable to 100%
Mapshot

16:th of December: Novus TD
My best TD so far. Lot's of new ideas implemented to this. I sometimes call it "Snake TD, the second", since it's like Snake TD, but a lot better. There's 2 modes and 3 difficulties. Coop mode is not 100% completed and it crashes when you lose. The rest should work fine.
Mapshot

17:th of December: RPG NoName Apocolypse
This was originally a map where I tested different RPG stuffs and tricks. I later wrote down a story for it (which was lost, can only remember the plot) and I worked quite a lot on it, to later just abandon it. One of the things I was experimenting was amunition for different units, and I managed to get triggers to detect projectiles, but only if shot from long ranges.
Mapshot

18:th of December: RPG PTC Entry
Huge RPG project I had. Had story and everything written down. Estimated triggers: 4000+. Reason why dropped? CRASHES!! Aaargh! So frustrating! I used the triggers for another RPG though, that is still in the making
Mapshot

19:th of December: RPG Unfinished
Title says it all. Old RPG in progress. Inspired by classic aok/aoc RPGs. Story was pretty much completed, and most of the triggers and map design was planned out when the project died.
Mapshot

20:th of December: Spiral TD 2
A spiral TD map. After playing the same unfinished Spiral TD on GameRanger over and over, I got bored and started on my own. I thought it went out pretty well until I stopped working on it, like with most other projects
Mapshot

21:st of December: Square TD
I worked eagerly on this one solo-TD. Ever player had their own square, and enemies spawn constantly. Original idea was that when you had 100 enemies on your square, you lose 1 life every 10 seconds, and you start with 100 lives. I had plenty of awesome ideas and tricks in my head when I started on this. I wrote all triggers and shops down so it was pretty much only a few hundred triggers to make. As usual, I stopped working on it when I was still only working on the first triggers. I wish I still had all my plans for this one
Mapshot

22:nd of December: UDP Prisonbreak
Unfinished UDP map. Yes, I attempted to create a UDP map! It started out as a small project, but after some time the map got bigger and bigger. I gave up after I experienced huge crash issues with the map.
Mapshot

23:rd of December: Unit Defence
Unfinished TD-like map, but with units instead. Playable, only thing left is balancing and civ-bonuses.
Mapshot

24:th of December: Zombie Valley
A small mini-game map I made on a 50x50 map. A random play becomes zombie at starts and will try to kill all the humans. The humans gets a randomized unit too that they will use. All units are auto-healing, but the minions only have 1 HP, so they die to 1 hit. There was a strange bug with P2 that I couldn't fix whatever I tried. So I stopped working on it, when it was only in the bug-fixing stage.
Mapshot

25:th of December: RPG in Progress
An RPG, developed from the RPG PTC Entry. Since the old RPG crashed, I decided to keep all triggers and redo the map design. This map is still on progress, and I hope to finish it as soon as possible. Experiencing some random crashes, but nothing gameplay related yet, so I don't think I'll give up on this for a while
Mapshot

Now it's the twentyfifth of December, twentyfifth map released!

*Download Here*

Note: All maps are designed for multiplayer gaming!
I might forget to update sometimes, but no worry! I will do a double update the next day if I do forget!
I am Swedish, so I do what I want!

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 01-08-2012 @ 06:17 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-01-11 02:15 PM CT (US)     1 / 62  
Sounds good. I'm going to check out this first release for sure, lol.

~
[My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
~~~
A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest
posted 12-01-11 03:08 PM CT (US)     2 / 62  
that map looks great. just wish i could play multiplayer..
posted 12-01-11 03:21 PM CT (US)     3 / 62  
It's playable singleplayer to. There's a relic for that in the far right corner, mainly for testing purposes though
posted 12-01-11 06:05 PM CT (US)     4 / 62  
Sucks that you have to abandon that scenario. The map looks great and it's at the finishing stage!

Anyway, be looking forward to seeing those 24 maps.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 12-01-11 11:23 PM CT (US)     5 / 62  
Nice!!..*awaits the approvals*

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
posted 12-02-11 01:39 AM CT (US)     6 / 62  
posted 12-02-11 08:23 AM CT (US)     7 / 62  
Thanks everyone!

Answer to Draconian from the Blacksmith comment:
As I said, the map is unfinished. If you find it annoying, you could just edit the map and reduce the spawns or change the taskers
posted 12-03-11 03:06 AM CT (US)     8 / 62  
Ok thanks,
helms deep is also good, i played it single player though

posted 12-03-11 07:39 AM CT (US)     9 / 62  
3:rd of December: Blood NoName
8-player blood map. As most of the maps, I worked quite ambitiously on this one to later just drop it at it's final stages.
Mapshot

Now it's the third of December, third map released!
posted 12-04-11 07:42 AM CT (US)     10 / 62  
4:th of December: Crater Blood
8-player blood map. Can't remember much of this map, except that I tested it quite a lot on GameRanger. One of the countless bloods I made.
Mapshot

Now it's the fourth of December, fourth map released!
posted 12-04-11 07:49 AM CT (US)     11 / 62  
Helm's Deep looks awesome! I tried making a map of that theme (who hasn't?!) but it was naff - yours looks much better.

Great thread, I'm looking forward to the end of term so I can try these beauties out!

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 12-04-11 07:52 AM CT (US)     12 / 62  
Thanks NowhereT!

Just a small note: I am uploading the scenarios in alphabetic order
posted 12-05-11 11:20 AM CT (US)     13 / 62  
5:th of December: Dead Island
My attempt for an entry for the Horror Competition. Originally a puzzle/horror singleplayer map. An island meant for experiments where scientists experiment with humans and animals. Mutants takes over the island and kills everything alive. You travel to the island to rescue the final survivors and annihilate the mutants. Later made into a multiplayer map. Merely started project, pretty much only map design done.
Mapshot

Now it's the fifth of December, fifth map released!
posted 12-05-11 11:54 AM CT (US)     14 / 62  
Oh man, look at the map design effort you placed in. Too bad too bad. =/

~
[My Dropped RPG Project | Keltos - RPG] [My Finished Games | MGC09 - Where Am I + MGC11 - All For The Horse + Puzzle Racing] [My Current Project | Defense of The Towers]
~~~
A RPG Scenario You Should Play | Tsubasa's Tale | Another RPG Scenario You Should Play | IceQuest
posted 12-06-11 03:16 PM CT (US)     15 / 62  
Not able to update today, not on my desktop

6:th of December: Demon Hunters RPG
A classic style RPG. You start with a unit depending on your civ. Archer civ starts with archer, infantry civ with infantry and cavalry civ with cavalry. Every civ will evolve differently than another civ. You kill units for gold and to level up. With gold you can train (evolve) in to a better unit by training in the capital. Only testing and bug-fixing left to do on this one, but as with every other project, the motivation is gone.
Mapshot

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 12-07-2011 @ 12:03 PM).]

posted 12-07-11 12:05 PM CT (US)     16 / 62  
7:th of December: Demons of Hell RPG
A classic style RPG. You start by choosing your unit, then you kill other units for gold. With gold you can train your unit to a better unit. Map design - 100%, story - 50%, triggers - 75%.
Mapshot
posted 12-08-11 11:42 AM CT (US)     17 / 62  
Yeah, really motivating when the community totally ignores multiplayer maps...

8:th of December: Gladiator Blood
A quite experimental blood where you fight in rounds. After each round you get gold to buy units and upgrades. 6players + 1 computer. Unfinished, but I believe it's playable.
Mapshot

Now it's the eighth of December, eighth map released!
posted 12-08-11 11:48 AM CT (US)     18 / 62  
i wouldn't ignore multiplayer if i could actually play it

mapshots look great. I'm still waiting to see a single player scenario of yours. I don't really understand why most MP designers make only MP.

[This message has been edited by panel (edited 12-08-2011 @ 11:48 AM).]

posted 12-08-11 12:31 PM CT (US)     19 / 62  
Because every singleplayer map I make always evolve to multiplayer maps. And also I suck at story, so that's probably a big reason too
posted 12-09-11 10:58 AM CT (US)     20 / 62  
9:th of December: House Blood
One of my first bloods I made. A quite good one to be honest. Late testing stages with only minor bug-fixing and possibly balansing left to do. 8-player blood where you build houses on the unit you wish to spawn.
Mapshot

Now it's the ninth of December, ninth map released!
posted 12-09-11 01:38 PM CT (US)     21 / 62  
I wish I had time to look at all of these, Basse. They look great.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 12-09-11 02:46 PM CT (US)     22 / 62  
would you mind if i stole map design from the dec. 7th & 8th releases?

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 12-09-11 02:54 PM CT (US)     23 / 62  
would you mind if i stole map design from the dec. 7th & 8th releases?
Sure, credit if you want, but not necessary if you don't feel like me getting creds on your map
posted 12-09-11 03:20 PM CT (US)     24 / 62  
there are so many people with little parts so far, might as well add you to the list.

thanks!

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 12-10-11 04:31 AM CT (US)     25 / 62  
Maybe the Rpg's could be done to single players

But only if i could work on them(and also if time permits )

posted 12-10-11 10:11 AM CT (US)     26 / 62  
Be my guest

10:th of December: Income Wars
I believe this was my first try for a blood map. It was inspired by a map with same namefrom StarCraft II and I used the income system by simon and sadoor. You buy units that spawn as computer units, so all you do is spawn units that counter the enemy and try to defend your base. P1,3,5 vs P2,4,6. P7 and P8 are computers with a simple AI, but the AI requires the UserPatch to not freeze the game, unfortunately. Which is the main reason I quit the project.
Mapshot

Now it's the tenth of December, tenth map released!

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 12-10-2011 @ 10:56 AM).]

posted 12-11-11 01:10 AM CT (US)     27 / 62  
I still remember testing Income Wars.
posted 12-11-11 07:15 AM CT (US)     28 / 62  
11:th of December: Mazebuilders
Also a StarCraft II inspired map. Use your siege onager to make a maze in the forest. Use villagers to build a base. In every corner there is a shop, two for preys (p1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and7) and two for hunters (p4 and 8). Hunters can be computer players, but need UserPatch to not lagg out the game. Only bug-fixing and minor balansing left on this. Relatively new map, so I might pick it up again and finish it. But at the moment, it's on hold.
Mapshot

Now it's the eleventh of December, eleventh map released!
posted 12-11-11 07:47 AM CT (US)     29 / 62  
I remember that one; it was great fun!

Congrats on getting this in the news, by the way.
posted 12-11-11 07:55 AM CT (US)     30 / 62  
This is awesome. Knowing you, you've got more than enough project files for this :P

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 12-11-11 08:10 AM CT (US)     31 / 62  
Yeah, but I have some good ones on my other computers, but since I refuse to use it, some of the less good will do
posted 12-12-11 12:05 PM CT (US)     32 / 62  
12:th of December: Melee Blood
A small blood I made a while back. Only melee units, no ranged units. Very simple map.
Mapshot

Now it's the twelfth of December, twelfth map released!

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 12-13-2011 @ 03:03 PM).]

posted 12-13-11 03:03 PM CT (US)     33 / 62  
13:th of December: Militia Star
An 8-player blood map that originally only were meant for experimenting with some ideas. It was supposed to be archers in it too, but I never added them.
Mapshot

Now it's the thirteenth of December, thirteenth map released!
posted 12-13-11 07:33 PM CT (US)     34 / 62  
Lots of bloods, lol. I feel sad not being around for when you tested some of those unregular maps. =/

~
~~~
posted 12-13-11 09:38 PM CT (US)     35 / 62  
Very nice calendar ! Good job

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Basses Advent Calendar
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames