Moderated by Sebastien, Leif Ericson

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Userpatch AI Scripting Ladder
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 20 ··· 24  Next Page »
posted 07-28-13 11:14 PM CT (US)   
The UP AI Scripting Ladder

Welcome to the third continuous installment of the AoKH AI Scripting Ladder, now supporting Userpatch for the first time. Here you can enter your AI to compete against AIs with a wide range of abilities and a huge range of strategies. Whether it's to improve your AI's skill or whether you want to enjoy the exciting fun and community it provides, the Userpatch AI scripting ladder will suit your needs.

The Userpatch (UP) is a community patch that provides enormous benefits to the game, allowing AIs to become exponentially more intelligent, among others. Click here to download the patch and learn about everything the Userpatch can do! You'll find many scripters here who are more than willing to help you learn how to script and how to use the new UP commands.

Also, if you enjoy scripting, you should join the AI scripters community at http://forums.aiscripters.com/. You can also find a guide to AI scripting here and a guide to the new UP commands here.

How Do I Join?

If you want to enter the ladder, just drop a post in the thread with a link to your AI, tell us what civ you want it to play, and your AI will be added to the ladder.

When you enter your AI, it will play four unrated games against different opponents and given a rating based on its performance. Once your AI has been given a rating, your AI is ready to enter round play and climb up the ladder.

New: Each forummer can only have one AI in the ladder at any time.

How Does the Ladder Work?

Like multiplayer ladders, the AI ladder determines an AI script's overall skill ability over the course of several games and compares the skill ratings of other AIs to each other.

The AI Ladder uses the ELO system, the same system used to rank chess players or players on online gaming sites such as Voobly. The ladder is run in rounds with each AI grouped in a league of (ideally) five AIs according to ability. During each round, each AI will play each other AI in its league twice. The winning AI's score in each match will be increased according to its opponent's score, either a large amount if the AI defeated a higher ranked opponent or a smaller amount if the AI defeated a lower ranked opponent. The losing AI's score is decreased in the same way. Once the round is over, a new one begins, creating continuous cycles of competitive fun.

To make things more interesting, we randomize between Arabia, Ghost Lake, Gold Rush, Mongolia, Oasis, and Yucatan. To facilitate the randomization, you can download the official AI Ladder random map randomizer to test your AI and to test matches: link

AI Classes:

New: All AIs are divided into leagues according to ability, with ideally 5 AIs in each league. The leagues are reorganized at the end of each round to re-sort the AIs into the leagues by ability.

If an AI is the lowest-ranked AI, has at least 75 points lower than every other AI, and has lost at least three games in a row, the AI will likely be dropped unless the author requests the AI to remain in the ladder.

Game Requests:

New: Requested games no longer count for score, but they can be requested nevertheless.

Previous AI Ladders:

In addition, for those who like a bit of nostalgia, you can find the previous installments of the AI scripting ladder here:

The AoKH AI Scripting Ladder 1.0
The AoKH AI Scripting Ladder 2.0

Standings:

Cavaliers:
AI Name:
Barbarian
The Horde
Promi
Juggernaut
Rating

Civilization
Random
Random
Random
Huns
Author
II2N
zergs
Promiskuitiv
UnfairestEel
Download
Barbarian v2.17 - Updated 8 May, 2016*
The Horde 3.7 - Updated 23 Oct, 2016*
Promi 1.53 - Updated 10 Dec, 2016*
Juggernaut 1.5 - Updated 27 Aug, 2014*

Knights:
AI Name:
Illuminati
TRON
Daedric
IS Machine
Crusade
Rating

Civilization
Random
Mongols
Random
Random
Random
Author
Aleph
cakemaphoneige
Armelon1
DuckOfNormandy
Campidoctoris
Download
Illuminati AI v0.5c - Updated 21 Aug, 2016*
TRON 0.2R - Updated 8 Dec, 2013*
Daedric 1.9 - Updated 28 May, 2016*
IS Machine 8.6 - Updated 5 Feb, 2014
Crusade 4.42c - Updated 6 Dec, 2014

Squires:
AI Name:
Tribal Warriors
BruteForce
Meleon
Boss
The Unknown
Rating

Civilization
Random
Huns
Goths
Random
Random
Author
estyty
CheeseOnToast
scripter64
lws735
offwo200
Download
TRiBal_Warriors v4.57 - Updated 9 Dec, 2016
Bruce Force 3. 1 - Updated 13 Feb, 2017*
Meleon - Updated 12 Jun, 2016
Boss 2.3 - Updated 18 May, 2017
The_Unknown v2.00a - Updated 24 Feb, 2016

* Always use the latest version if indicated with an asterisk.

Archived AIs:

The Khanate
UnfairSteel
Dreadnought
Randomization
Nightmare AI
f1@$h Myn
Nosferatu

(Check the second AI Ladder thread for a list of archived 1.0c AIs)

Playoff Results:

Season 1 - Winner: Barbarian

Schedule:

Anyone can judge any of the games in the AI ladder, and judges do not have to sign up for a game before playing it. However, you may make a post in the thread if you wish to reserve a game to judge. Those who are willing to judge and record these games, please post for which games you would like to play. Authors should not judge games that contain their own AI. All games should be played on Hard difficulty, tiny map, 200 pop, Dark Age, low resources, and Conquest victory. The current version of the Userpatch (version 1.4) and the official randomizer map script should be used. Games will be considered a draw if they last more than two hours, unless an AI has less than 2 villagers at the two hour mark. Thus, you can end the game after two hours if you wish.

It is recommended that the judges cheat "natural wonders" so that there is no possibility of interference from the judge. However, if you feel that this would hamper your ability to review the game you may opt not to do this, as long as you provide the recorded game.

If you decide to use Cheat Engine's speedhack feature, please limit your games to x5 speed on Slow speed or x3 speed on Fast speed, unless one AI has clearly won the game and you want to speed up the "cleaning up" process. Any faster speedhack is prone to mess up AI functionality on slower computers.

Once the game is finished, please write a short review of the game. Provide helpful comments on what were each AI's weak points so that the authors of the scripts can know how to update them. Also post the recorded game link along with the review. To make it easier for us to gather information from the reviews, please post the reviews of the games in this format (just copy it into your post and edit it):

AI #1 (Civilization) vs. AI #2 (Civilization)

Map: Arabia (or whatever map is chosen)

1 Jan, 2013 (this date is just an example of the format)
Map Type: Mongolia (or whatever map is chosen)

Review:

Winner: (AI Name)
Recorded Game link

Thanks for judging and reviewing! Here is the current schedule. Sign up for the games you would like to play:

Season 2

Round 4

Entrance Games:

Entering AI:
-

vs.
Opponents:
-
Results:
-

Cavaliers League:
AIs:
Barbarian
Promi
Juggernaut
The Horde
Round W-L
4-0
0-4
0-2
2-0
vs. Barbarian
x
LL
LL
--
vs. Promi
WW
x
--
WW
vs. Juggernaut
WW
--
x
--
vs. The Horde
--
LL
--
x

Knights League:
AIs:
TRON
Daedric
Illuminati
Crusade
IS Machine
Round W-L
2-2
3-3
4-2
1-3
2-2
vs. TRON
x
LW
WL
--
--
vs. Daedric
WL
x
WL
--
WL
vs. Illuminati
LW
LW
x
LL
--
vs. Crusade
--
--
WW
x
LW
vs. IS Machine
--
LW
--
WL
x

Squires League:
AIs:
Tribal Warriors
BruteForce
Boss
Meleon
The Unknown
Round W-L
2-0
0-4
0-4
4-2
4-0
vs. Tribal Warriors
x
LL
--
--
--
vs. BruteForce
WW
x
--
WW
--
vs. Boss
--
--
x
WW
WW
vs. Meleon
--
LL
LL
x
WW
vs. The Unknown
--
--
LL
LL
x

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 09-04-2019 @ 06:39 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-12-13 07:26 PM CT (US)     301 / 1174  
"Lol, i can prove it was luck, ill upload my new version and challenge your ai, same civ - byz, you accept my challenge?"
Just if II2N accepts to control my units manually, like he did in our last game.

Crusade 4.42a. Every setting. AI compatible with UserPatch 1.1
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=10618
Xafaxarcos 1. The first chapter of my unfinished AI tutorial
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11317
posted 10-13-13 07:51 PM CT (US)     302 / 1174  
I'd like to update Randomization to v9.0 :c
(sorry bout the spammy updates)

Edit: Ooh, I like the always use newest version option

[This message has been edited by Lazarus II (edited 10-13-2013 @ 07:54 PM).]

posted 10-15-13 04:41 AM CT (US)     303 / 1174  
Would AIs designed for aoc w/o userpatch automatically become smarter and stronger in userpatch without using any additional userpatch commands? By how much?
posted 10-15-13 04:42 AM CT (US)     304 / 1174  
Updated to Horde 3.2j.

The always use newest version options is good idea.
posted 10-15-13 04:51 AM CT (US)     305 / 1174  
Would AIs designed for aoc w/o userpatch automatically become smarter and stronger in userpatch without using any additional userpatch commands? By how much?
As Userpatch was coded to remain compatibility and not to change the gameplay of any existing 1.0c the benefit is very little. Even all the no-brainer auto-in features require at least setting some SN.

[This message has been edited by zergs (edited 10-15-2013 @ 04:54 AM).]

posted 10-15-13 11:19 AM CT (US)     306 / 1174  
@ John:

boar hunting is a must to be competitive
you'll miss some new important sn#
you can't retreat units; can't control units directly
no multiple construction ( simultan build)
and some more stuff to simplify scripting

I mean that in ai-scripters there is some hunting code for download ( or even an extension for 1.0c scripts)

add some of the new sn# and your script is quite fit for the new ladder

would be nice to see your script in here.

heav'n has no rage like love to hatred turn'd, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned (William Congreve)
posted 10-16-13 09:49 PM CT (US)     307 / 1174  
I'm surprised no one has played any games recently.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 10-17-13 02:08 AM CT (US)     308 / 1174  
Leif the last message you posted was "just one game left" after which one normal laddergame and one entry game got judged. So i waited for you to post the new round. I don't constantly check the match plan to see if it was updated. o:

Creator of Promi.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
posted 10-17-13 04:39 AM CT (US)     309 / 1174  
Running: TRON 0.1c (mongols) - IS_UPMachine (random => mayans); gold rush map
Review: ISM reached feudal age first, but TRON had the better eco. ISM went on ranged units, while TRON also had some scouts sneakily hidden in his stable. ISM attacked first at 19 minute mark, while TRON build a defensive tower at the same time ISM's units left their town. ISM attacked a hunting mill outside the tower range and TRON responded by sending all units there. ISM had no fletching and much more skirms than archers, so the scouts easily dispatched the attack. TRON counter attacked but without much success either.

During these fights ISM did a huge mistake as it went for m@a, while TRON instead advanced to castle age. TRON upgraded to Xbows and light cavalry, then attacked again and destroyed the ISM feudal age army, even without any castle age blacksmith upgrades.

Winner: TRON 0.1c
Game Time: 41 minutes
Recorded Game: link

[This message has been edited by zergs (edited 10-17-2013 @ 05:48 AM).]

posted 10-17-13 10:25 AM CT (US)     310 / 1174  
Yeah, Promi, I apologize. I thought you guys might have been tired of me announcing the new rounds all the time, and in the past you guys sometimes seemed to realize when I posted a new round even if I didn't announce it.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 10-17-13 11:52 AM CT (US)     311 / 1174  
GG Cake! I expected this since i tried a couple of 6x speed games to check Tron (never played with it before)
Thanks Zergs for judging
posted 10-17-13 04:04 PM CT (US)     312 / 1174  
GG Duck. I wasnt sure what to expect as i havent tested against ISM much.

Leif, your new round announcements are fine

Round 16 Game 5 Horde(=>Turks ) vs Barbarian(=> Mongols)
=> Gold Rush

Barbie went for a flush which seamed to start as a m@a rush, which met a horde tower. The units kept retreating back and forth in the tower range, suiciding themselves. Barbie soon gave up the attack. Horde meanwhile went FC and began creating knights and a few monks. After a while it became obvious that horde had run into some kind of eco bug. It was stockpiling wood and failing to get additional tc's early. Eventually horde got its extra tc's up. Barbie tried to attack at some stage again but not much really happened before it retreated. Some horde knights followed and ended up harassing some of barbies gold miners in the middle gold.

Anyways, barbie imped at 43 min, horde was just clicking the imp button at this stage. Barbie upgraded to E mangudai, arbalests with some e skirms and plenty of pikeman. Barbie launched its attack just as horde hit imp and managed to wipe out most of hordes knights before they could get enough upgrades to compete. From there barbarian began the clean up with its massive army of archers and supporting siege.

Winner: Barbarian
Game time: Forgot to check, between 50m-1hr iirc
Rec: https://app.box.com/s/t2pmhkkfbdbluoylvt6a

Randomization(byz) vs Chameleon(=> Japanese)

Chameleon tries to flush randomization but it doesnt really do much before retreating. Randomization then begins some kind of pikeman + monk infinite rush. One by one thousands of spearman and monks walk to their death at chameleons base which is defended by archers, militia-line, some knights etc (chameleon strat was "swift samurai strike"). For about 40 minutes game time randomization did this suicide rush, even advancing to imp along the way. After such time, chameleon eventually had enough and simply wiped randomization clean.
Chameleon unfortunately destroyed every building and unit from Randomization except one archery-range, so i ended the game after it was obvious Chameleon wouldnt find it.

Winner: Chameleon
Game time: 1hr.30m ish
Rec: https://app.box.com/s/6h8ufaiskab4nkdg3nd6

Notes for lazarus:

FIX THE DAMN TOWN SIZE HOLY FREAKING HELL THE ENTIRE MAP IS A BAD IDEA TO HAVE AS YOUR TOWN WHEN THERE IS AN ENEMY ON IT
NEXT
FIX ATTACK RULES!! WOW!
(SUPERIORITY > XX)
(MILITARY POP > 15)
(OR (SUPERIORITY > XX) (MILITARY POP > 50)) OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN
AND THEN
EVEN MOAR VILLS, 80 IS NOT ENOUGH FOR IMPERIAL, AT LEAST 100 WHEN YOUR IN IMP

[This message has been edited by cakemaphoneige (edited 10-18-2013 @ 04:08 AM).]

posted 10-18-13 02:42 PM CT (US)     313 / 1174  
Round 16 - Game 6 - The Horde v3.2j (Britons Full Random) vs Promiv1.4l (Celts Full Random) on Gold Rush

(Using UserPatch 1.3 - Fast speed. No CheatEngine used)

I'm sorry, I have bad friends so no time for a review this time - sorry!!! ://

(If by popular demand I'll see if I rewatch it later and review)

Times:

Feudal - The Horde 13:26 - Promi 11:34
Castle - The Horde 17:50 - Promi 24:17
Imp - The Horde 42:15 - Promi 37:07

GG

Winner: Promi

Recording: https://app.box.com/s/k9uwnn2ugv9dk8l232u2]

Gametime: 52:19

No notes this time, sorry again.

Disclaimer: I have very limited AI-scripting knowledge so I do not always know what is possible to do in scripting - so please take my advice/suggestions for what it is. Nothing more than friendly suggestions based on "a few" years playing the game (as a human)

[This message has been edited by fenris_w0lf (edited 10-19-2013 @ 03:11 AM).]

posted 10-18-13 06:30 PM CT (US)     314 / 1174  
GG Lazarus! Thanks, Cake
posted 10-19-13 00:12 AM CT (US)     315 / 1174  
John Mendl: 1.0c AIs would automatically benefit from bug/behavior fixes such as being able to continue build building types that have been destroyed while being under construction (one of the most annoying 1.0c AI bugs) and closest villager to the building foundation getting tasked as a builder. Adding boar hunting or retreating wouldn't take much rules.

Game 1 of Round 16: UnfairSteel (Full Random => Spanish) vs. Crusade (Full Random => Koreans)

Map Type: Gold Rush

UnfairSteel goes for a slow 2-stable scout rush, adding a defensive watch tower. Crusade mixes men-at-arms, spearmen and archers. The gatherer percentages of UnfairSteel don't completely fit the scout rush, since it trains no gold-costing units but still mines gold, which leads to some excess gold.

Crusade attacks, and UnfairSteel stops training more military units to advance to castle age. However the scouts can handle Crusade's men-at-arms and the tower spearmen and archers.

Both AIs advance to the castle age, UnfairSteel being faster. It mines stone heavily to drop a castle and trains knights and a few skirmishers. Its economy is having hard time, since there are too much military buildings.

This time Crusade's attack destroys UnfairSteel's army quickly but also faces 2 towers and a castle. However UnfairSteel's TC at the middle gold isn't safe. Meanwhile UnfairSteel tries to boom under pressure and trains some scorpions as defense.

Unfairsteel is successful in its boom, and Crusade's weak 1-TC economy can't compete with UnfairSteel unit output.

Winner: UnfairSteel
Game time: 1:25:16

Record

[This message has been edited by II2N (edited 10-19-2013 @ 02:07 AM).]

posted 10-19-13 06:13 AM CT (US)     316 / 1174  
My feudal attack looked a bit buggy but i'm glad it worked out, gg archon and thanks a lot for judging fen!

Creator of Promi.
posted 10-19-13 10:12 AM CT (US)     317 / 1174  
Updated to TRON 0.15, please use this version.

The always use newest version option sounds like a good idea so ill have that with my ai.
posted 10-19-13 05:17 PM CT (US)     318 / 1174  
Randomization updated to v9.1 :c
posted 10-20-13 03:27 PM CT (US)     319 / 1174  
Randomization's last game will be against The_Unknown.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 10-22-13 08:06 AM CT (US)     320 / 1174  
Randomization(Byz) vs the unknown(=> Persian)
Yucatan

Both ai's go for a boom war and what seems to be a monk war at the same time. Randomizations failings soon become evident and the unknown begins to outplay randomization in every way possible. Unknown adds knights and mangonels to its nice pack of monks, randomization tries to counter with spearman but are way outnumbered to do anything worth noting. Randomization tries to defend with some cataphracts which are almost all converted and turned against randomization. Uknown hits imp at 35 min, begins upgrading its knights all the way to paladin and the cleanup begins. Or should i say, the search for randomizations buildings all over the map, an arduous task which unknown eventually completes.

Winner: The Unknown
Game Time: 1.01
Rec: On request

Moar notes for Lazarus

*Im not sure whether you like your town set to the size of the map like that or not, if you do, thats perfectly fine. If you dont, i suggest maybe, oh i dont know.... changing it
*Having your town smaller will make your booms almost twice as effective, as the vills dont have to walk so far all the time, particularly when the tc's are closer together. Speaking of tc's, your ai dropped a 2nd tc immediately after hitting castle, but had enough for a 3rd, which was dropped several minutes later. If you are going for a boom, it can be more effective to drop 2nd and 3rd straight after hitting castle, when the resources are available.
*Your ai collected all of the relics before it was demolished, yay!

[This message has been edited by cakemaphoneige (edited 10-22-2013 @ 08:48 AM).]

posted 10-22-13 10:35 AM CT (US)     321 / 1174  
Randomization has entered the ladder with a 1450 rating. Its first game will take place in the next round.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 10-23-13 05:57 AM CT (US)     322 / 1174  
Round 16 Game 4 Khanate (=> Celts) vs Boss(=> Vikings)

Boths ai's create feudal armies. Khanate is the first to fire, building a forward tower, well placed near boss's town. Then it sends m@a's followed later by some archers. The attack appears to be fended off without too much trouble, but boss's castle time later says otherwise(27.27). Khanate on the other hand gets a nice castle time (24.00) and now boasting alot of archers, which are upgraded without delay to crossbows.
After a few min khanate launches assault no.2. Boss has alot of skirmishers and some lsword's waiting and appears to be handling the attack for a short while. The fight rages on and both armies are depleting, it looks to be a draw, but wait, khanate is left with only a few units, which it continues to annoy boss with. Slowly but surely more units pour in, each of boss's newly created defense units are killed 1 by 1 and the game begins to run away from boss. Khanate sneaks to imperial at a nice time (40.24) and with new upgrades, the cleanup truly begins.

Winner: Khanate
Game Time: 53:38
Rec: on Request

[This message has been edited by cakemaphoneige (edited 10-23-2013 @ 06:22 AM).]

posted 10-24-13 09:43 AM CT (US)     323 / 1174  
The_Unknown (Full Random => Koreans) vs Chameleon (Full Random => Franks)

Chameleon selected the "Shooting Axe Attack".
Unknown starts mining the center gold first, but since Chameleon doesn't look like he wants to attack so soon that's not that much of a problem.
Unknown advances to the castle-age quickly while Chameleon trains some m@a in the feudal-age. Unknown proceeds to fully boom without military while Chameleon trains some soldiers while also booming a bit.
At around 33 minutes Chameleon seemed to have decided to attack and thus a fight started in the center of the map but just in that moment Unknown advanced to the imperial age and trained tons of arbs.
Very soon the arbalests prove to be too much for the castle-age Chameleon and Unknown's just wiping all red dots off the map now.

Map type: Gold Rush
Game Time: 57:20
Winner: The_Unknown
Rec: https://app.box.com/s/sae61hx3kvdzgauiewto

Creator of Promi.

[This message has been edited by Promiskuitiv (edited 10-24-2013 @ 10:12 AM).]

posted 10-24-13 10:21 AM CT (US)     324 / 1174  
I challenge Crusade against TRON
posted 10-24-13 10:29 AM CT (US)     325 / 1174  
GG offwo! Thanks, Promi
posted 10-26-13 11:19 PM CT (US)     326 / 1174  
Game 7 of Round 16: Nightmare (Byzantines) vs. Dreadnought (Full Random => Spanish)

Map Type: Ghost Lake

Nightmare goes for an archer+skirmisher flush while Dreadnought seems to attempt something FC-ish with a stable, but then trains skirmishers as a defence against the flush. Due to wood shortage Dreadnought can't fight Nightmare's flush, and loses somewhat quickly.

Winner: Nightmare
Game time: 0:37:45

Record

[This message has been edited by II2N (edited 10-27-2013 @ 00:05 AM).]

posted 10-29-13 01:04 PM CT (US)     327 / 1174  
Round 16 - Challenge - TRON v0.15 (Mongols - Selected - Challenger) vs Crusade v4.42a (Franks - Full Random - Defender) on Arabia (allthough it looked a bit like Mongolia)

(Using UserPatch 1.3 - Fast speed. No CheatEngine used)

Sorry - no real review this time either. No time :/ But atleast should be set for next round now

Times:

Feudal - TRON 11:46 - Crusade 14:21
Castle - TRON 25:21 - Crusade 33:58
Imp - TRON 47:59 - Crusade n/a

Winner: TRON

Recording: https://app.box.com/s/ms8qo38kvo086l79iskf

Gametime: 51:32

No notes this time, sorry again.

GG guys

Disclaimer: I have very limited AI-scripting knowledge so I do not always know what is possible to do in scripting - so please take my advice/suggestions for what it is. Nothing more than friendly suggestions based on "a few" years playing the game (as a human)

[This message has been edited by fenris_w0lf (edited 10-29-2013 @ 04:42 PM).]

posted 10-29-13 05:10 PM CT (US)     328 / 1174  
GG Camp :P

Thanks for judging fen

Btw, leif, in game 1 of this round, you listed crusade as the winner, i believe unfairsteel won that match
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=28&tn=40898&st=314#post315
posted 10-31-13 01:40 PM CT (US)     329 / 1174  
IS_Machine for UP ladder upgraded to 08 version.
Here: http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2311
posted 11-01-13 07:45 PM CT (US)     330 / 1174  
Thanks for the catch, cake. The ratings should be accurate. I probably just wrote down the wrong winner.

New round! Sorry for the wait.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 11-02-13 06:39 AM CT (US)     331 / 1174  
Wow cake, TRON seems really good, even more for a newcomer!
posted 11-02-13 08:36 AM CT (US)     332 / 1174  
Thanks John. Ive been scripting for a few years though, just haven't released much in the last year.

If you like TRON, check for updates occasionally, i will be adding alot of strategies in time. Most are already made, just not optimized enough.
posted 11-02-13 01:20 PM CT (US)     333 / 1174  
GG Cake. I had preferred a judge controlling my units manually to win the game, as I said when you challenged me. Unfortunately Fenris preferred a fair game.

Congratulations anyway, Cake. And thanks for judging Fenris.

Crusade 4.42a. Every setting. AI compatible with UserPatch 1.1
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=10618
Xafaxarcos 1. The first chapter of my unfinished AI tutorial
http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11317
posted 11-02-13 05:32 PM CT (US)     334 / 1174  
lol Thanks camp.
posted 11-08-13 01:36 PM CT (US)     335 / 1174  
Round 17 Game 6 Steel(=> Goths) vs Promi (=> Celts)

Map => Arabia

Steel seemed to be going for a fc but dtected promi's flush and decided to create a feudal army to counter. Promi attacked a little after 20 min and had steel in trouble. After taking some damage steel's towers and some knights eventually pick the archers and skirms off. During the attack steel advanced to castle, a risky move. Promi advances not long after. Steel immediately lays tc's and soon a castle. This, in my eyes, looked like bad times for promi as it had mainly archer units. Promi attacked soon and the archer units are eaten by husks and knights. This is where steel fails the gothic might, sadly. Steel creates few more husks, and begins creating almost every unit it can, except archer units. Steel also tries to make as many tc's and castles as possible. Steel eventually hits the imp button and arrives at 52 min, with promi still in castle, but beginning to mass scorpions. Steel sits back and watches promi reach imperial and upgrade all its scorps. And soon, before promi has even attacked, its GG.
Promi launches the Celtic siege army and steel is annihilated.

Winner: Promi
Game time: 1:11:41
Rec: On Request

[This message has been edited by cakemaphoneige (edited 11-08-2013 @ 02:26 PM).]

posted 11-09-13 01:43 AM CT (US)     336 / 1174  
Game 3 of Round 17: Crusade (Full Random => Aztecs) vs. IS_Machine (Full Random => Teutons)

Map Type: Ghost Lake

Both AIs flush, and at 22min Crusade attacks with a massive man-at-arms army. ISM's men-at-arms+skirmishers+archers combination is rather skirmisher-heavy, which causes it some difficulties.

However Crusade stops training army to advance to castle age, and ISM is able to get rid of Crusade's attack. It turns out that Crusade is unable to use the advantage of getting to castle age first, since it fails to take some crucial upgrades (xbow, elite skirmisher), and once it attacks, ISM has already reached castle age too and its army has technological advantage.

Crusade takes a risky jump to imperial age with a weak economy, but it manages to take important imperial age upgrades and after resisting Crusade's troops for 15 minutes ISM falls.

Winner: Crusade
Game time: 1:06:02

Record

[This message has been edited by II2N (edited 11-09-2013 @ 02:48 AM).]

posted 11-09-13 03:28 AM CT (US)     337 / 1174  
wow! my best compliments, Promi !
quite an interesting result, that Crusade game.

I've damaged my MB recently, so hopeflly will be back next week.

Have fun, guys.

heav'n has no rage like love to hatred turn'd, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned (William Congreve)
posted 11-09-13 03:40 AM CT (US)     338 / 1174  
Hope it's all fixed soon, Ruler
posted 11-09-13 06:35 AM CT (US)     339 / 1174  
Im not sure if all of you have seen it, but im trying to get a tournament going at ai scripters.
http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2972
At the moment there arent many entrants, so please enter if you havent already.
Its not an official tournament, just a bit of fun to get a bit more excitement in the scripting community.
posted 11-10-13 05:09 AM CT (US)     340 / 1174  
Wow did not expect that, thanks for judging Cake and gg Eel!
And thanks Ruler, i hope you'll be able to resolve that problem.

Will judge something too when i have some time again soon!

Creator of Promi.

[This message has been edited by Promiskuitiv (edited 11-10-2013 @ 05:10 AM).]

posted 11-10-13 06:26 AM CT (US)     341 / 1174  
Game 2 of Round 17: Boss (Full Random => Huns) vs. Chameleon (Full Random => Koreans)

Map Type: Mongolia

Chameleon uses Korean Tower Fortress.

Both AIs boom peacefully for the first 35 minutes of the game. Eventually Boss starts an attack, shortly after which Chameleon hits imperial age with a weaker economy and less army. Chameleon's defensive structures prove themselves very helpful against the invaders, but soon Boss simply outnumbers Chameleon, and siege rams handle the towers easily.

Winner: Boss
Game time: 0:52:23

Record

[This message has been edited by II2N (edited 11-10-2013 @ 07:07 AM).]

posted 11-10-13 07:09 AM CT (US)     342 / 1174  
GG lws! Thanks, II2N
posted 11-10-13 09:36 AM CT (US)     343 / 1174  
Game 5 of Round 17: Nightmare (Byzantines) vs. The_Unknown (Full Random => Byzantines)

Map Type: Gold Rush

Both AIs go for a plain boom. The_Unknown does that notably better, reaching 30min imperial age and then rolling over Nightmare.

Winner: The_Unknown
Game time: 0:43:18

Record

Notes for Nightmare:
-Resource balancing and booming build order need improvement.

Notes for The_Unknown:
-Too low sn-camp-max-distance to reach the middle gold.
-Way too few lumber camps.

[This message has been edited by II2N (edited 11-10-2013 @ 09:57 AM).]

posted 11-10-13 05:05 PM CT (US)     344 / 1174  
GG Campeador!
posted 11-11-13 05:21 AM CT (US)     345 / 1174  
I think it would be fun to have some 2v2 matches where an AI scripter and his own AI are on a team against another scripter and his AI.
posted 11-13-13 04:24 AM CT (US)     346 / 1174  
What John the late said is very good, I hope this either.
2 vs 2 game would be more intresting.
posted 11-15-13 02:29 PM CT (US)     347 / 1174  
Barbarian (Full Random => Koreans) vs. TRON (Mongols)

Map Type: Yucatan

Review:

Koreans vs Mongols on Yucatan, this looks like it could get rough for Barbie.

Winner:
Recorded Game:

When i saw that Barbarian didn't ungarrison villagers from his tower i rechecked my Barbie version and discovered that it was an unofficial 2.14 version while the newest version that you can officially download is 2-13i.
So i ended the game in the feudal age (in an otherwise even match so far).

Creator of Promi.

[This message has been edited by Promiskuitiv (edited 11-15-2013 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 11-16-13 04:24 AM CT (US)     348 / 1174  
so let's watch this one 1st, Promi

in fight: Dreadnough (-> Byz/18th August Version) vs Random~(Byz)9.1

good starting loc for both, random~ added deer to food supply, Dreadnough was uninterested
med castle age strat. by both competitors arriving 19th to 20th minute
now Random suffers from its TS mayem...
Dreadnough soon attacked with camel/archer bundle, leveled a fb monastery, Random~ made do with rams and villis only from then on.
because Dreadnough used feudal ups only it took some time to bring this game to an end, but at 40th minute it was clear who'll be the winner here.

Winner : Dreadnough (easy job)
speeding 3x @fast and normal
game time: stopped at 50th minute
map: yellow arabia
anyone interested ask me for upload

[This message has been edited by The Ruler (edited 11-17-2013 @ 02:50 AM).]

posted 11-16-13 05:00 PM CT (US)     349 / 1174  
Arena map? Also, Randomization was updated in October, so that wasn't the most recent version. :/

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 11-17-13 02:44 AM CT (US)     350 / 1174  
txs Leif; mixed up the players, eh !

[This message has been edited by The Ruler (edited 11-17-2013 @ 02:46 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 20 ··· 24  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » AI & RM Scripting » The Userpatch AI Scripting Ladder
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames