Bottom
Topic Subject: Another forum game idea:
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 08-28-07 08:41 PM CT (US)   
ApOKalypse - the cutscene series

Progress:

Part #1 is now uploaded to my webspace which can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/daftpanzer/index.html

A zip contains a campaign (for easyness) and sfx which comes to just over 2 megs.

From this point on, people can send 'orders' etc, and have a lot more control over what their character does and says. Though, of course, I will still be the 'mod' so I might not allow some things to happen.

At some point soon, I will post an 'official' list of characters and exactly what their current situations are in the story. But I'll leave that for now, so there are no spoilers if people want to see this first part.

http://For current status of characters, please see post #65 (on page 4 by default)

---

The Idea:
I want to try something - a series of lame cut-scenes, in the style of my 'Romeo and Juliet' cut-scene, except with a totally crazy and non-realistic plot, maybe a few playable parts, and a kind of forum participation! The idea is that people could create their own characters, with some brief background / instructions for them. One episode would be released every week or few weeks (a small file posted on my webspace, so its not spamming up the blacksmith) after which people could send new instructions/ideas etc for their character.

Participation:
You can create a character -

EDIT: one character per forumer, until that character gets killed off (or retires or somethings)

No limits on the actual characters, they can be something ridiculous, so long as it can be represented by some kind of AoK unit.

Optionally, you create some background for your character. They can be peasants, mystics, lone adventurers, or emperors with vast armies at their command - the choice is yours. You can also make up factions or whole countries for your character, or have your character be part of something that someone else has already posted.

The first episode will be setting the scene. The whole plot will depend on what characters people make.

After each episode, you can send suggestions or 'orders' for your character, for things that you would like to do in the next episode. Like maybe you want to attack other characters etc. Its up to you whether or not you ever come back to see how your character is doing, though characters without any human input will be more likely to get killed off in interesting ways.

---

Anyone interested in this idea? If so, here is a template thingy for creating a character:

Thanks for any feedback

-Template-
Character Name:
AoK Unit:
Background (optional):

-Example-
Character Name: Angus MacDaft
AoK Unit: Woad Raider
Background (optional): Angus is a freedom-fighter, defending his beloved Highlands from attack. Unfortunately he is drunk most of the time, and is also prone to paranoid hallucinations.

[This message has been edited by Daftpanzer (edited 09-26-2007 @ 06:42 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-31-07 06:10 AM CT (US)     36 / 170  
Wait, you downloaded your game?

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 08-31-07 06:36 AM CT (US)     37 / 170  
no, i bought it at a shop

Click:T®ideÑt Team.
The only Masterbastion problem you have is when you don't! - Dr Lorenzo
~~~~~~+1~~~~~~
Damn them babies in sector twelve! - Aro
74% of forummers will copy and paste something into their sig just becasue someone else's sig has told them to. If you are part of the 26% who think that is a retarded thing to do, copy and paste this into yo... oh bugger.
posted 08-31-07 07:12 AM CT (US)     38 / 170  
Sure you did

Oh come on Martel is kind of crazy but two empires seems to be extreme!

P.S - My empire must win

"...there's a difference between offering constructive criticism and going out of your way to be a dick." - Aro
posted 08-31-07 08:24 AM CT (US)     39 / 170  
Oh no it won't, I'll make sure of it.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 08-31-07 03:35 PM CT (US)     40 / 170  
Oh no it won't, I'll make sure of it.
The heat is on. lol!

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 08-31-07 05:04 PM CT (US)     41 / 170  
Mother Quaazi, my apologies, so maybe perhaps you'd rather have out some of the sexy women in my domain then?

"...there's a difference between offering constructive criticism and going out of your way to be a dick." - Aro
posted 08-31-07 07:02 PM CT (US)     42 / 170  
Thanks, im aiming to finish the first part within 7 days, depends how 'epic' i want to make it
SUGGESTION: Can the cutscene be narrated by Death?
Im afraid not, ive already got a VDML (the speedy naked guy) doing the narration.
posted 08-31-07 07:09 PM CT (US)     43 / 170  
I thought we would of all made a section for each character. Oh well. I look forward to seeing the intro! I hope your sexy voice is there narrating

posted 08-31-07 07:12 PM CT (US)     44 / 170  
Awww. At least it's being narrated by something new! The wait is killing me! O_o
posted 08-31-07 10:08 PM CT (US)     45 / 170  
@Alex, you mean giving instructions for your character and stuff? I thought it would be best to wait until there is some kind of story in place. And my voice is as sexy as something not sexy, so text will have to do
posted 09-01-07 00:24 AM CT (US)     46 / 170  
Hey Daftpanzer, this may sound a little newbish, but what is your webspace address?
posted 09-01-07 07:15 AM CT (US)     47 / 170  
This is a really cool idea. Anyway Im gonna tell u my guy and you can put him in when you need him.

Name: Peter, but noone knows him as peter only as pastryboy

Unit: Villager (MALE) and Cataphract

Background: Peter is an excellent fighter who is the son of a Knight. Peter was abandoned as a baby and noone knows he is a fighter. He cooks pastry and sells it (lol sounds familiar) anyway, Peter finds a bag of gold coins on the ground and buys a suit of armour and becomes Sir Peter the rouge bounty hunter or something random like that.

Anyway do whatever with him make it funny if u want. Cool idea anyway Daftpanzer sounds awesome!
posted 09-01-07 07:43 AM CT (US)     48 / 170  
@Daftpanzer : What I meant is that once this is done, will we be all making cutscenes for each of our characters or something ?

posted 09-01-07 09:24 AM CT (US)     49 / 170  
I'll be an elite war elephant and I can't think of a story so you can make one that fits.

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 09-02-07 10:07 PM CT (US)     50 / 170  
I wanted to keep this a lame low-budget easy thing, but ive ended up spending lots of time on this first episode. Its going to be more like a special feature-length intro Still hoping to get it done this week though.

@turty, thats not a newby question. I dont have an AoK site or anything. In fact I dont really have a site. I have http://www.geocities.com/daftpanzer/which im using as a file storage pretty much. I know its against the rules, but ive got away with it for nearly five years now. Currently the only thing on it is a link to a save game for Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday

@Alex Coles, i plan to do a series of cut-scenes myself, with people posting any instructions/ideas for their characters in this thread. But i wouldn't want to stop anyone from making any spin-off cut scenes of their own
posted 09-06-07 02:21 PM CT (US)     51 / 170  
Hey Daftpanzer, if you need any help(not saying you'll need it) i'm always there, but i do have our project to work on aswell

~~~~~~+1~~~~~~
74% of forummers will copy and paste something into their sig just becasue someone else's sig has told them to. If you are part of the 26% who think that is a retarded thing to do, copy and paste this into yo... oh bugger.
posted 09-06-07 11:22 PM CT (US)     52 / 170  
Just to let you know, if anyone is still interested, I will be uploading the intro episode within 24 hours of this post. Its ended up at over 400 triggers, not quite as low budget as first planned Just need to do some polishing and get a .zip together with all my sfx.

I'll also add a list of characters to the first post, saying what side they are on, their current location/status in the story, and the name of the forumer who created them...

I have made a lot of decisions for people, in order to get some kind of plot together. And some characters recieve a lot more attention than others in this first part. But the rest of the plot will be depending on people's input from this point on.

@SCN_Trident_Team, thanks for that offer!

[This message has been edited by Daftpanzer (edited 09-06-2007 @ 11:23 PM).]

posted 09-07-07 00:32 AM CT (US)     53 / 170  
Umm, i dont know if that was sarcasm or not cause its 5:00AM where i live and im dead, but the offer is here

~~~~~~+1~~~~~~
posted 09-07-07 06:03 PM CT (US)     54 / 170  
@SCN_Trident_Team, im very sorry. I really hope you didn't stay up just for this!

I probably should have said, i live in england ( ). My last post was 3 or 4 in the morning where i am. The time of this post is about 23:02 here, on the same day. That's what i meant .

---

Part #1 is now uploaded to my webspace which can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/daftpanzer/index.html

A zip contains a campaign (for easyness) and sfx which comes to just over 2 megs.

At fast speed, it lasts about 25 minutes from start to end. I don't intend other 'episodes' to last so long. This is like a special intro thingy.

The characters don't receive an equal amount of attention, some don't even have any speaking parts. But all characters are in there somewhere, except Jatayu's nameless war elephant which has yet to appear.

From this point on, people can send 'orders' etc, and have a lot more control over what their character does and says. Though, of course, I will still be the 'mod' so I might not allow some things to happen.

At some point soon, I will post an 'official' list of characters and exactly what their current situations are in the story. But I'll leave that for now, so there are no spoilers if people want to see this first part.

Thanks for any feedback on this

[This message has been edited by Daftpanzer (edited 09-07-2007 @ 06:08 PM).]

posted 09-07-07 06:12 PM CT (US)     55 / 170  
Well, I just finished watching it and...

That was awesome! You're gonna have to finish it now...

But I feel so bad about Lucy ...

I was quite impressed with the siege, but there could have been more activity...

And General Navar (or whatever his name was) is really, really, retarded.

Still, that was great! I am pleased!

[This message has been edited by turty (edited 09-07-2007 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 09-07-07 06:56 PM CT (US)     56 / 170  
SUPERB!!! Too bad I didn't play much in it

Whose are those Longboats supposed to belong to? I'll decide what i'd like to do once a few more people get their things down ...

posted 09-07-07 11:10 PM CT (US)     57 / 170  
Superb job, better than I thought it would be. I loved the epic music whenever it showed Navar for a few seconds, hilarious.

me
posted 09-08-07 03:10 AM CT (US)     58 / 170  
Impeached you're supposed to act like a noob and be like omgomgomgomg!!!!!01010!0!0!0!01010 tat r t3h aw3$0m3n3$$!!!! WOWOWOWOWO u r t3h hackxorz lololol!

Wait, not that far.

posted 09-08-07 03:13 AM CT (US)     59 / 170  
If i'm on the Count's side (no, not Crapula) doesn't that mean that we will obviously win and then people will want Crapula to pull out a Joan of Arc and turn things round?

posted 09-08-07 07:49 AM CT (US)     60 / 170  
No... you aren't in charge of the story. But 1 thing Daftpanzer...

DON'T EVER KILL OFF MR. BIGGLES!!!

That is all.
posted 09-08-07 07:51 AM CT (US)     61 / 170  
Good stuff Daftpanzer, really fun. The way my character gets a good amount of screentime doesn't hurt either. (I like Oswald, Lancetwat and the pills )

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 09-08-07 08:38 AM CT (US)     62 / 170  
I am personally cheering for the side of Count Crapula. Obviously because he is my character . Go, Crapula, go!

p.s great cutscene

posted 09-08-07 01:35 PM CT (US)     63 / 170  
Daftpanzer add me to your MSN contacts, i'd love to talk to you

posted 09-08-07 05:57 PM CT (US)     64 / 170  
Daftpanzer add me to your MSN contacts, i'd love to talk to you
Ditto.
posted 09-09-07 11:39 PM CT (US)     65 / 170  
Thanks very much for the feedback
there could have been more activity...
Yes, too much talking I fear. I hope to have many more battles in future.
General Navar (or whatever his name was) is really, really, retarded.
It was intended as a kind of comedy moment. My sense of humour is very 'strange' though!!!
Daftpanzer add me to your MSN contacts,
I don't have any messenger programs, as I have very limited dial-up access. But feel free to email any 'private' orders and stuff that you dont want others to see. My email is in my forum profile ^^^^

Now, here is the current status of all characters: (rushed version!)

------------------------------------------------------

(turty: )
Rougenough: former Mayor of Rougeous
AoK Unit: Two Handed Swordsman (usually the red color)
Current status: At sea, being chased by a swarm of longboats (just miscellaneous sea bandits, unless they have something to do with 'Armatel Madois'?), after fleeing from the fall of Rougeous (by stealing a boat from a young girl called Lucy, who was left at the mercy of Ivan Kerr's men)

(SCN_Trident_Team: )
Count Jianakopadopolous: ruler of the Holambanda empire
Aok Unit: Hussar
Current status: Last seen on campaign with his army, after the successful conquest of the city of Rougeous, somewhere not too far from the borders of Holambanda. The empire is in an unofficial war with Crapula, and is gobbling up minor city states by force before arch-rival Crapula can get them onto his side.
(The cities of Holambanda have not been seen yet. I was thinking of giving them a middle-eastern flavour to give more variety...)

(Eaglehaslanded: )
Captain Drethos: leading horseman and second-in-command of Jianakopadopolous's army.
Aok Unit: Light Cavalry
Current status: Last seen with his men surrounding Brad Orin's house, where Xinanma was staying. Drethos has some kind of proposition for Xinanma, which may just be getting him to switch sides to follow Jianakopadopolous, or something more complex...

(golden_falcon: )
Count Crapula: ruler of a so-far un-named country ('Crapulia?' 'County of Crapula'?).
Aok Unit: Teutonic Knight
Current status: Last seen safe in a fortified palace, surrounded by his elite forces and most loyal followers. Although his territory is much smaller than the Holambanda empire, his army is almost as strong. However, Crapula's forces have been slowly losing ground in their unofficial war with Holambanda, and the famous Captain Xinanma has now deserted him after being demoted.

(Quaazi: )
Sir Lancetwat: wandering knight. May be the brother of Captain Narenjaal.
Aok Unit: Cataphract
Current status: Last seen obtaining narcotics (high strength cough medicine) from Oswald Sophocles.

(Michael1: )
Captain Xinanma: former second-in-command of Crapula's army, but now a deserter.
Aok Unit: Huskarl
Current status: not in good health, slightly alcoholic, and depressed. Last seen at Brad Orin's house, being surrounded by Drethos's men.

(Julius999: )
Oswald Sophocles: reclusive genius, drug dealer, inventor and philosopher, possible member of secret societies.
Aok Unit: Monk
Current status: last seen at his tower, probably inventing new weapons and things to fight against the coming darkness, whatever that is. But so far he has not taken sides in any wars. Has a pet jaguar called Mr Biggles, who is easily capable of ripping Knights to shreds. Even when being playful, he is still deadly.

(TeutonicCrusader: )
Captain Narenjaal: newly promoted captain of Crapula's army. Has possible Norse origins.
Aok Unit: Frankish Paladin
Current status: has taken over from Xinanma. Last seen in town near Count Crapula's palace.

(WizarDBoy: )
Brad Orin: amateur knight
Aok Unit: Light Cavalry
Current status: Knocked out of a joust tournament by Narenjaal, he returned home (somewhere just inside the borders of Holambanda), and later gave shelter to the wanderer Xinanma. Drethos's men have now surrounded his home and family (wife and 2 children), as Drethos wants to speak with Xinanma.

(Dantares IV: )
General Navar: mysterious superhuman entity
Aok Unit: Samurai (I changed this from teutonic jnight to differentiate from Count Crapula)
Current status: being used by me as a excuse for random plotlines and explosions.

(ZayanK: )
Ivan Kerr: merciless steppe mercenary
Aok Unit: Mangudai
Current status: employed by Jianakopadopolous (I changed this from Crapula, so that the sides were more balanced to begin with, though he is a mercenary and could easily switch sides). Last seen pillaging the countryside around the fallen city of Rougeous, while trying to find the escapee mayor Rougenough (who has managed to flee by boat).

(Impeached: )
Trepof Aignes: trader
Aok Unit: trade cart (horseless)
Current status: supplying fish and fish related products to Jianakopadopolous's army. Though he also tries to sell his wares to anyone else he can find.

(southern_html: )
Armatel Madois: mysterious Norseman, possible sea demon!
Aok Unit: Beserk
Current status: There was a possible sighting of him at Count Crapula's court. Nothing else is known about him yet.

(Alex Coles: )
François Martel: descendent of Charlemagne, emperor of the west
Aok Unit: Frankish Paladin
Current status: busy reuniting the great western empire, which lies somewhere to the west of both Holambanda and Crapula. And he may soon command a force stronger than both of them combined. In fact, he could be in position to attack them right now.

(Jatayu: )
Un-named Elephant
Aok Unit: War Elephant
Current status: unknown, no sightings of this elephant have been reported so far.

[This message has been edited by Daftpanzer (edited 09-09-2007 @ 11:47 PM).]

posted 09-10-07 02:12 AM CT (US)     66 / 170  
Wow, this was absolutely brillant

I'll make some more details about my character so that you can fit him in the next episodes.

Character Name: Airavat
AoK Unit: Elite War Elephant
Background (optional): Airavat is the king of the Elephants of Virataranya, a mysterious forest with magic and unknown sorcery. Airavat is able to speak, and has connections with Oswald Sophocles ( although he absolutely hates his pet jaguar). Count Jianakopadopolous is anxious to have him as an ally to counteract Crapula's war jaguars , although his band of fearsome elephants absolutely refuses to go into places with ice and snow. François Martel has a feud with them because he has burned a large area of the sacred forest of Virataranya.

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 09-10-07 10:39 AM CT (US)     67 / 170  
Jatayu, here's a few things. First, Martel is no-where near any mysterious forest, secondly he has no interest in conquering a bunch of trees () and third I think I should get a say in the matter rather than you making a bogus Casus Belli.

posted 09-10-07 11:13 AM CT (US)     68 / 170  
This seems like a good idea!

Character Name: Bastian Brainstein
AoK Unit: Some monk guy
Background : A scientist that has sunk too deep into his research. He wants to invent the first spaceshuttle in the AoK world but he has no access to either Mod Pack Studio or GeniEd, so his chanses are at zero. He was caught once by the cops, trying to modify the .exe file. He's going nuts and will probably end up in a psycho-prison

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 09-10-07 11:18 AM CT (US)     69 / 170  
Don't even think of getting that Hacking Scientist into my domain

posted 09-10-07 12:02 PM CT (US)     70 / 170  
Just watched the first episode, and i was truly awesome! When this is finished, Daft, you really have to release this at the Blacksmith as a whole

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Another forum game idea:
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames