You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Sun Rises on a New Golden Age for AoKH
posted 07-25-17 10:33 PM CT (US)   
The sun is actually almost set where I am right now, but never mind that. You may notice that there are some additional glowing rays of yellow around here (or is it orange?). Yes, indeed. We have two new seraphs here at AoKH: Popeychops and HockeySam18. They are two of the best members of our community who will be able to do great things for our site.

However, as you may have feared, that glow may soon dim. I have decided to step down from the rank of Seraph to the rank of Angel in a month's time due to all the ordinary reasons. Yes, I will still remain among the staff. But I won't be seraph.

I originally became seraph back in May 2011 which seems like both forever ago and yesterday. This site has been a big part of my life, and I have always enjoyed the community here around my favorite childhood game. I will bring with me plenty of good memories of this place, and I have learned a whole lot here. (You learn a lot when you have a rowdy bunch of ten staff members! ) Thank you all for being a wonderful community during my dictatorship (whoops, wrong seraph) ...benevolent rule!

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
Replies:
posted 07-27-17 08:22 AM CT (US)     1 / 24  
Congrats to the new top dogs, and Leif, thanks for everything you've done for us during your reign.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 07-27-17 08:44 AM CT (US)     2 / 24  
Thank you for all of your hard work, Leif. It's good to know you'll still be around.

And congratulations to our glorious golden Popura-chan and Sam! Long may you reign! ^_^

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 07-27-17 09:02 AM CT (US)     3 / 24  
I for one support our new overlords.
posted 07-27-17 09:19 AM CT (US)     4 / 24  
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication, Leif.

Congratulations to our new seraphs, Sam and Popey.

-•|•- StormWind Studios -•|•- Blacksmith Files -•|•- Fabula Fatalis -•|•-

"No more gold lights for the queen earth to keep you warm in your kingdoms,
high on the waves you make for us, but not since you left have the waves come."
posted 07-27-17 09:51 AM CT (US)     5 / 24  
Six years is one hell of a service. Thanks for everything you've done, Leif!

And congrats and best of luck to the new pair of seraphs!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 07-27-17 09:55 AM CT (US)     6 / 24  
Thanks Leif. Hope this means you get some more time for your real life!

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
posted 07-27-17 11:05 AM CT (US)     7 / 24  
Congratulations to Sam and Popey and a "thankyouverymuch" to Leif!

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa
posted 07-27-17 12:39 PM CT (US)     8 / 24  
Six years is one hell of a service. Thanks for everything you've done, Leif!
Longest tenured Seraph, if you can believe that!

Edit: This

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king

[This message has been edited by Mr Wednesday (edited 07-27-2017 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 07-27-17 01:24 PM CT (US)     9 / 24  
Congratulations to HockeySam and Popeychops.
I originally became seraph back in May 2011 which seems like both forever ago and yesterday.
Huh. That is actually a long time.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 07-27-17 02:22 PM CT (US)     10 / 24  
Leif, your AI guide is what got me going when I became interested in the AI part of Age of Kings so thanks for that.
Besides that, websites like this would not be here for people like me, if not for people like you so, thanks for your years of commitment to this great game. I'm glad you will still be around.

Zhy

Persevere to Succeed
posted 07-27-17 02:34 PM CT (US)     11 / 24  
Thanks, everyone. I can't say I ever thought when I first started downloading scenarios from this site 10-11 years ago that I might end up at its helm, or that it might have set me on a path leading into professional game development, for that matter.

Congratulations to Popeychops on the promotion, as well

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 07-27-17 03:12 PM CT (US)     12 / 24  
Thank you very much for all your time and dedication as Seraph Leif ! It was a pleasure having you in charge, and I hope your new role as Angel will let you have more free time for yourself

And congrats to our new Seraphs ! You have quite a legacy to live up to

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
posted 07-27-17 04:32 PM CT (US)     13 / 24  
Congratulations, Popeychops and HockeySam
Thanks for all of your work, Leif!
posted 07-27-17 05:10 PM CT (US)     14 / 24  
Well done on your hard working tenure as seraph for six years Leif, and congrats to Popey and HockeySam.
posted 07-27-17 11:10 PM CT (US)     15 / 24  
A congrats to HockeySam and Popeychops is due, like all our good staff I'm sure they will continue they're responsibilities. Also a thank you to Leif for bringing our university up to date and the many other behind the scenes things he's done throughout the years.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 07-28-17 02:03 PM CT (US)     16 / 24  
Thanks for all your work, Leif. I might not have been here before you were already a seraph, but I very much believe what Dave said when he left, that you might just have been the best seraph this site had so far.

And thanks to Sam and Popey, too, for taking over the responsibilities!
posted 07-28-17 03:29 PM CT (US)     17 / 24  
Congratulations to Sam, and thank you all for your warm wishes!

Leif has been AoKH's longest ever Seraph. He's such big boots to fill that we needed two of us.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-28-17 03:34 PM CT (US)     18 / 24  
...One for each boot? That's gotta be an awkward walk cycle.

"Have you ever had a dream that you thought was impossible to achieve? Well, some people say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day! So you can definitely do it."
--Tofu the dog's infinite wisdom

"British English is easy! Just use an 's' instead of a 'z' and replace 'or' with 'our' and you're dandy." "Do you want pissa our noodles for dinner?" "u better not piss in r noodles m8"
--Classic exchange between Popeychops and John the Late
posted 07-28-17 04:04 PM CT (US)     19 / 24  
Basically, Popey and Sam put both feet in each shoe and hop along.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 08-20-17 03:57 AM CT (US)     20 / 24  
Congrats Sam & Popey. Always knew you two would make it high up.
Leif Thanks for everything you've done here for AOKH! You became serif not long after I started here and the massive improvement to the site and community has been all down to you and your dedication. I'm very glad you are sticking around on staff!
posted 08-20-17 07:40 AM CT (US)     21 / 24  
Congrats to HockeySam18 and Popeychops!

And Leif, Really really thank you for everythings you've done for us here! T.T

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
posted 08-20-17 08:56 PM CT (US)     22 / 24  
Thanks guys.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-22-17 00:59 AM CT (US)     23 / 24  
/salutes Leif Ericson
posted 08-22-17 06:43 AM CT (US)     24 / 24  

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » The Sun Rises on a New Golden Age for AoKH
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames