Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Your Favorite Scenario Designer
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 08 October 2004 02:08 AM EDT (US)   
Everybody must have downloaded some maps. They must admire those that make great maps filled with eye-candies and triggers, as well as realistic cinematic that seems flawless. As such, I decided to make sure people know about these people. I mean many people played their maps without even knowing the author's name!

Some great single player/multiplayer/campaign designers:
Byzantine Warrior: 2
Creator of Shilmista: Era of rainshowers.
This has over 5000 downloads.

Felix Hermansson: 1
Creator of the "Reluctant Heroine" series.
All the maps together has around 8K downloads!

Oscar: 3
Created many maps. Includes "SCIPIOS""the LOTR battle(destiny of Moria...etc)" and some more. Most are of good quality. these amount to 6K of Downloads.

Auron 2: 5
A great scenario maker and a great modder as well as a great guide maker. His 2 more recent maps, the Bridge and "Setna Land of Egypt" has around 2000 downloads.
He also made Hyrule maps, which has been "modded" far too many times by noob map makers.

Istari: 1
Creator of "Sorcery", "Treason", "Fellowship of the Ring Part I" and "The Hobbit". Great RPG games. These 4(and a edited version for Sorcery) amounts for a whoping 15K of download!

Cheezy monkey: 2
Creator of the super popular World Map. One of the highest multiplayer map download. Also known for Horse Race. His Horse Race and World Map accounts for around 12K of download!

Leif Ericsson:
Less known by players, his maps have much less downloads then other scenario makers. However they are of quality, such as "Mythodea Isle Protector" and "Gladiators of Gladius" are good maps. Actually he didn't make some of those maps, but extensivley edited it.

AOMPlayer000: 1
A great contributer to the Heavens, he has a great soccer map known as "Soccer Pro Edition". It is highly rated amoungst the Elites.

Mythos Ruler: 1
Mainly known for his Peloponnesian War maps. His PW has around 2000 downloads.

Tbarak: 2
His best work was a cinematic, the "Colloseum" and a neat little campaign called "Raistin's Quest for Love". These 2 maps has great cinematics. These 2 submittions accounts for 6K of download.

sziggy: 1
Made tons of maps. Most have not gotten good rankings, but theres one that shines - temple of the sun. However, the total dl count of all his scenario is amazing - 18 K!

Ancientlethiathan:1
Submitted 1 campaign. "Thats all? you ask." Considering that has 15Ks of download and has a very high campaign rating, he deserves to be put here.

Arkantos Khan: 1
Creator of Conan the Brabarian and the Oddysey. Both has good download count and is highly rated.

reterogheta:
Made a number of maps. The most recent is the Labour of Heracles. All of his scenario has decent download number. His Labour of heracles has the highest score of all his maps.

Archaeopterix: 1
Recently launched VIMPMEAT version 1. He is a skilled eye-candy and trigger maker.

King Jared: 4
made "The Lay of Vestrigard (prologue) a very beautiful cinematic. He also makes cool mods as well. Vestrigard has over 5000 downloads.

Matei: 1
Well techically he didn't make any scenarios. only random map scripts. but Norse War deserves to be put here!

Intrepid: 1
Made a very good map called "EU2" This is a great Europe Map. Has over 3500 downloads.

Battlestar000: 1
Made the campaign "Last of the Atlantean Part I". A decent campaign not noted for the score but for its high download. Its has over 7500 downloads.

Gaurdian112: 2
I think just he made "Spartan". He also made the King of the mountain series, which was his better scenarios.

Baron_Lopi: 2
Made the "no-where" cinematic that is 10 mins long and highly rated amongst the cinematic community. Also made "Battle of Marathon". Also high-rated.

Student of War: 1
Made the "Ajax Inheritance" scenarios. These total for 1000 dls.

ram_mg:1
Made the multiplayer scenario "A1". It is highly rated but only has 500 downloads. He has 2 other scenarios that has no reviews and few downloads.

Fire_Giant:1
Made "Athyr-A Journey into Unknown". A good map with well designed triggers and some cinmatics. He also made a pretty town cinematic that is runner up of a contest.
He also made mods as well.

Phatfish : 1
Winner of the Pretty town contest. It has 1K downloads. Also made a "cheat tutorial".

Arnitald:1
Lead the munu pack X team. Made most of the menu pack X form Merlock Studios. A well receive pack with high ratings.

Grande4: 1
A scenario designer known for his "Lady Hawke" and "THE CHALLENGE". These have masses of triggers and good map designs. Has near 3 K for all his maps.

EazY_Ben: 3
Made quite a few scenarios. Includes "The haunted Norse Village""Count Dracula" and the rather recent "diplomacy demo".

There are also many other great scenario makers, so if you got any other, post here and I will add them in!

Oh ya...since Eazy_Ben done this quite a while a go i am putting it here too...

Quote:

EazY_Ben
Ager
Location: Chickenflightbung posted 07-13-04 11:30 AM EDT (US)
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Hey, i was bored, and i thought it was about time we had a thread like this around :P
Well, its quite simple. Everyone votes (1 being best, 25 being 25th best) for their favourite designers, or the designs they think are the most original/creative (no voting yourself!). I know ive nicked this from various other places, but i don't care ;P
Also, vote your top 3 design teams aswell...
This should be interesting.
Remember, this is just on their designing, not modding or forum activity.

Here are mine:

Designers:

1)Istari
2)Byzantine_warrior
3)CheeZy
4)godofexplosives
5)Battlestar000
6)Gaurdian112
7)Felix Hermansson
8)Auron 2
9)Oscar
10)King Jared
11)Grande 4
12)tbarak
13)Mythos_ruler
14)Matei
15)Arnitald
16)Phatfish
17)oddy
18)WaveSlave610
19)HL_Reaper
20)Srunch Muppet
21)iNtRePiD
22)Student of War
23)AOMPLayer000
24)Arcticwind7
25)Archaeopterix

Design teams:

DGDN
SCN Punk
Woad

Tell us yours

And at the end well count up the voted top 10
Points scoring system:

1st = 15
2nd = 13
3rd = 11
4th = 10
5th = 8
6th = 5
7th = 4
8th = 3
9th = 2
10th = 1

Basically, every time a designer gets in somones top 10, they will get the points depending on what place they came.

Remember it can be any AOM scn designer.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Current Projects: LOTR
Member of the DGDN

Author Replies:

[This message has been edited by echowinds (edited 10-14-2004 @ 11:04 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08 October 2004 02:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 102  
*cough* why am I not on there *cough* (j/k)

EaZy_Ben already made on of these, but I vote auron nonetheless

(¯`-.Proud Member of Ambition Designs and professer at Tsuniversity.-´¯)

Curent projects:
The Job 25% Complete Hot

Antisbackfiles.tk
For a guide on how to make WMV trailers for you campaign click Here

posted 08 October 2004 02:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 102  
okkk! first vote to auron. seriously thou, ppl u might want to nominate ppl to get on this.

i didnt no ben came up with this earlieer. Im pretty new to the community, around 2 months.

[This message has been edited by echowinds (edited 10-08-2004 @ 02:55 AM).]

posted 08 October 2004 11:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 102  

Quote:

Reluctnat Heroine

Isn't it Reluctant Heroine? At least spell it right... :P

-=Skycat=-
posted 08 October 2004 11:25 AM EDT (US)     4 / 102  
ill vote auron no1 to

by the way its barbarian not brabarian although te concept of a fearless barbarian in a bra is quite funny

posted 08 October 2004 12:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 102  
Istari, without a shadow of doubt.

EDIT: Why not put Guardian_112 up there? I nominate him too

[This message has been edited by EazY_Ben (edited 10-08-2004 @ 12:12 PM).]

posted 08 October 2004 12:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 102  
I'm not even mentioned in red... for shame, countryman, for shame.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 08 October 2004 01:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 102  
I dont get a mention at the bottom of the list?
I may not be widely known but I have created several very unique multiplayers. Sadly not many have taken note of them.
posted 08 October 2004 01:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 102  
Oh come on, quit moaning. But King Jared should really be up in red.
posted 08 October 2004 02:10 PM EDT (US)     9 / 102  
ok
ill add...i just forgot.

posted 08 October 2004 02:15 PM EDT (US)     10 / 102  
Don't moan, TheNodgene1. If you should be up there then so should 90% of the forum.
That said, some of the names in red shouldn't be up there...i mean, some have only released scenarios recently (or in the time you've been here)thats why they're there. Maybe try searching for older designers aswell.
Don't judge designers on the amount of downloads they have.

[This message has been edited by EazY_Ben (edited 10-08-2004 @ 02:57 PM).]

posted 08 October 2004 03:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 102  
Good... good... the universe is back in order.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 08 October 2004 04:05 PM EDT (US)     12 / 102  
thanx for the people who voted for me...although Setna & The Lands of Egypt was featured in a magazine, is about one of the frist SP scenario i made(at least decent enough to publish)...and i only made one Hyrule scenario, the rest are just edited versions, or totally different scenarios with simmilar name.

i vote for iNtRePid! his scenario is still top rated, and was really a piece of work, considering that is was made shortly after AoM release.

and Tbarak, for his colliseum scenario!

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 08 October 2004 04:08 PM EDT (US)     13 / 102  
My vote goes to Auron_2 . His scenarios are always fun to play and we used to talk a lot about scenario design(if you see this Auron, please email me at mikeaspaco@hotmail.com , haven't talked in ages!!).

GO AURON!!!!

posted 08 October 2004 04:19 PM EDT (US)     14 / 102  
hmm...i have you on my messanger list, and whenever you are online, you never answer...

hmm, arent we forgetting da cheezy here

i vote for cheezy. he is top rated on mods as well in scenarios. his scenarios are fun and entertaining to play.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 08 October 2004 05:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 102  
1.Matei
2.Matei
3.Matei
4.Matei
5.Matei
6.Matei
7.Matei
8.Matei
9.Matei
10.Matei
11.Matei
12.Matei
13.Matei
14.Matei
15.Matei

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ****** * The_Mafia_Man * ******* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * Practice makes perfect, but you cant be perfect, so why practice * * * * * *

Favourite AOM website
posted 08 October 2004 06:10 PM EDT (US)     16 / 102  
Tbarak simply for his excellent "A Trip To The Colosseum" Cinematic.

(¯`-.:=LJC=:.-´¯)
|Member of|Ambition Designs| & |TOAO Clan|
|Download|The Greek Dream|
|Check|F.A.Q|
posted 08 October 2004 06:46 PM EDT (US)     17 / 102  
the trip to the collusiem (damn it I can't spell) is good, of cource.
Eazyben, have you seen any of my sceanrios? Honestly?
I don't make any typical 90% of the forums rubbish - I make things that are FRESH ideas!
BESIDES strategy underground...

[This message has been edited by TheNodgene1 (edited 10-08-2004 @ 06:49 PM).]

posted 08 October 2004 07:25 PM EDT (US)     18 / 102  

It's so strange, nobody has mentioned Grande4...

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
Proud member of no ****ing clan
_
_|_|_
|_|_|_|
|_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
Scenario Editor Screens
posted 08 October 2004 10:16 PM EDT (US)     19 / 102  
het theNodgen...what maps did U make?

i dont recall seeing your name.

EDIT: yes i search you name and i see your work...the things is, if you can get on there I could get on there..and I dont think Im good enough to get on there.

Oh ya i didnt base it upon downloads. mostly i look at the ratings and make sure the ratings not made by short reviews. those people up there should have at least over 3.5 in score.

Grande 4...ill add him up there. as i said i was here for only 2 month s i dont no every good scenario maker.

Edit again: I cant find Grande 4. does he have another name or sumthing?

as for gaurdian112 - i only found one of his maps-Spartan. But it is pretty badly rated by trusted ppl like cheezy. so should is till put him up there?

[This message has been edited by echowinds (edited 10-08-2004 @ 10:36 PM).]

posted 09 October 2004 03:09 AM EDT (US)     20 / 102  
BTW - it's "Peloponnesian" not "Pelopolesian"

Yeah yeah, I haven't really released much other than version after version of the same map. The problem is, I keep getting better and better and learn new tricks from fellow designers and discover new uses for triggers, so that with the fact that I love everything Greece makes me want to do everything I can to make my map the best it can be.

However, in the past I have found that one can go too far with one's creation - eventually ruining it. A beautiful sketch can become a disaster after "just one more" pencil stroke.

Bearing that in mind I am releasing one last uber build of my Peloponnesian War map and I will move on to my latest project "Thermopylae ~ The Gates of Fire" single player scenario. With this final version I will release it a bit differently. It's going to be used for an upcoming multiplayer tournament. I am also collaborating on an upcoming hoplite mod (Centurion_13 being the artist). So, I'll release the final version after the tournament and package the hoplite mod, the championship rec game from the tournament, and the map together.

I am eager to begin work in earnest on my single player project (Thermopylae) - my first full flegded single player scenario. I plan to make it something special (don't we all?). It's about 50% done ATM, so stay tuned for a scenario showcase soon after release of the final version of Peloponnesian Wars.

Another finished project is "Mythos Islands" which didn't go over very well - it being my first mulitplayer scn for AOM. I will most likely revisit it soon and update it to current standards. The other major download I have uo here at AOMH is a teaser cinematic for a now defunked campaign I planned, called "Persian Wars." It's defunked because I proposed the campaign at Wildfire Games and they accepted it... so I'll be helping to design the campaign for use in 0 A.D. instead.

Anyway, if you've read this far , that's my current status in the AOM design community.

Finish latest and final version of Peloponnesian War. Playtest the hell out of it. Give it a trial-by-fire in a tournament, then release it to the public.

Revisit Mythos Islands multiplayer water map and update it to current standards.

Finish the ambitious new project Thermopylae ~ The Gates of Fire with the collaboration of my friends from Ambition Designs.

PS: I found out a few months ago that various versions of my Peloponnesian War multiplayer map have been listed at various gaming sites like Gamespy and such. There's no way to calculate just HOW many people have D/Led my map, but I put the number at around 5,000 total because of all of these gamer sites hosting my file. It was quite shocking when I casually did a Google search and found my map at so many commercial game sites.

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 10-09-2004 @ 03:16 AM).]

posted 09 October 2004 05:01 AM EDT (US)     21 / 102  

Quote:

the trip to the collusiem (damn it I can't spell) is good, of cource.
Eazyben, have you seen any of my sceanrios? Honestly?
I don't make any typical 90% of the forums rubbish - I make things that are FRESH ideas!
BESIDES strategy underground

Woah...stop boasting and bragging. If you're not on the list then WOW GUESS WHAT, NEWSFLASH! It doesen't actually matter.

posted 09 October 2004 06:21 AM EDT (US)     22 / 102  
mythos ruler-great! look forward to er maps. anyways i changed the typo.

TheNodgene1 u needs to be more humble,er bragging too much...ppl wont like u if u say how good u are and all that.

posted 09 October 2004 07:55 AM EDT (US)     23 / 102  
King Jared.
posted 09 October 2004 08:36 AM EDT (US)     24 / 102  

Quote:

I make things that are FRESH ideas!

Everyone tries to make fresh ideas....ive used fresh ideas in my scenarios and probably so has the guy that posts next

Seriously, Guardian should be up there....

posted 09 October 2004 08:51 AM EDT (US)     25 / 102  
King Jared
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Your Favorite Scenario Designer
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames