Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Elder Scrolls-Future Project
posted 24 June 2009 00:47 AM EDT (US)   
EDIT:A buch of my final ideas on this have changed. please check out my latest misc file to learn all about what the game will be like!- http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8896
(this has been rated a 4.5, im sure you'll be interested!

Elder Scrolls(Role Playing,Like Morrowind and Oblivion, but on AOM!)

My Idea on this is to create a scenario (or a bunch of scenarios) in which you can select a list of human characters to start out as. And then have the freedom to rome the map (Which will be a section of the world until you complete main quests to open up another section, which is the next scenario). So Im planning on making my own story line and making all these side quests for you to do and get rewards for. Ill include most of the guilds to. I think this is a Great idea, which will take some time but VERY possible.

(This is mainly for people who like the elder scrolls games for the Xbox 360 and PS3)

UPDATE-
Ive been thinking it over and already have brainstormed these ideas, Read on to figure out...
(If you play elder scrolls you'll know all about the things below)
(All units will be completely modified greatly)

Starting Out-

-You will get tp choose between several units in the following classes-
*Classes- Warrior (Sword/Spear),Mage (Staff/Spells),Archer (Bow/Thowing Weapons).
*Debatable Classes- Scouts (Horsemen),Special Class (Hand to Hand/Axe/War Hammar).

Available Factions-
*Fighters Guild
*Mages Guild
*Dark Brotherhood
*Main Questline (Not a Faction)

Leveling Up you character-
I know a way to make it where you can level up like in the eder scrolls games. Like after youve killed so many enemies then youll get a message and your health/attack/ and armour will increase.

Big Extras-
*Werewolf playability (Lesser,Normal,and Greater forms)
*Vampire playability (Lesser and Greater Forms)
*Daedric Shrine Quests with rewards
*Random side Quests

High Level Character Oppurtunities-
*If you chose to be a Warrior (Spear or sword human soldier) in the begining of the game then you'll get to transform into a Collosus or something when you are deep into the main quest and are a high level.
*If you chose to be a Archer(Slinger or Bow human soldier)
in the begining of the game then you'll get to transform into a Manticore or something when you are deep into the main quest and are a high level.
*If you chose to be a mage (Which will be like Circe or a Pharoah) in the begining of the game then youll get to transform into a frost or fire giant or something when you are deep into the main quest and a high level.

(Ill have to make a hugely modiied protox for this so if this is created you'll have to Save you current protox by renaming it like "Protox Original" and replacing it with mine to play. And just switch out protoxs as needed.)

What is everybodys thoughts on this idea?
Ill have a story that ill make up and have everything listed above. Share your thoughts. This will be a kinda thing that you can complete on your own time, and it will be VERY long like hopefully 5+ scenarios filled with these features.

UPDATE: Im still having trouble figuring out a good story line, so I still havnt started it, but Ive already got the plans on the game. There'll be even some characters you can talk to! BTW- If you want you can Download the glimpse here- http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8823
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by DarkEmpire (edited 07-21-2009 @ 07:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 24 June 2009 01:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Birthrights the closest we have now to that.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 24 June 2009 01:23 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
What??? Well if anybody can help me with this, ive been thinking and I have one problem holding me back from the campaign as you may call it. So lets say you pick a mage and become a Vampire on the first scenario (Which would be impossible on the 1st scenario). How do I know in the 2nd scenario that the player chose a mage and became a vampire. Basically how would I go about "teleporting" your character over into the 2nd scenario. The only way I can think of is to ask the player a series of questions on his character to get his character back, BUT that means that you could cheat and say like "Yeah I was a level 10 and a Vampire". Should I just have to trust that people wont cheat???
posted 24 June 2009 02:43 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
You could be given a code like:
fh78dfsdfh
awr8h385hj
p023rfds1d
Or something like that.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 24 June 2009 03:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
Thanks alot Henrz, But update... The game will be played in a slightyly zoomed in mode, (Because your just controlling one person the whole game). But start up yalls AOM and put a unit down and press page down until it stops and that the level itll be played in.
posted 24 June 2009 07:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
The only thing I can think of to do this is to give a code to the player at the end of each scenario, which is associated with their level and character. Maybe have a seperate code for both of these things.
The code will be asked for in the beginning of the next scenario.

Tbh though, this sort of project is very ambitious and you will likely get bored before you finish it.

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

posted 24 June 2009 08:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
Henrz has the same idea as me. :P

I've played Elder Scrolls too on my computer, The game is very free, and I can't wait for the Elder Scrolls V!

anyway, good luck doing the project.

BARTHOLOMEUS
specialized mostly in RPGs since 2004 - his creations
Latest Project: Rise of The Ancient: The Cursed Lands
experience True RPG ever created on AOM - coming soon
"This is the Reason why you have to play AOM again." ~deadwalker
Submitted Files: Greece Main Menu AoM Chess Panos's Journey
posted 24 June 2009 11:38 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
You could use qv's and basicly use a number for both the classification and the level. Then change the number so the player can't guess. Then in the next scenario you could decode the new number and apply it to the level and the class easy. Might be a bit advanced for most people.:/

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 24 June 2009 02:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
Yeah, I've got this all planned out... Just got to put my mind to it now. I know how to do everything with that code dea, ive tested and everything. Just got think up the story and create the game!
posted 05 July 2009 12:26 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
Shouldent you add a thieves guild? you could steal relics or something?
posted 05 July 2009 12:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
freedom to rome the map
It's roam.

And this looks very interesting.

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 05 July 2009 08:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
new textures for the unit would be cool.

BARTHOLOMEUS
specialized mostly in RPGs since 2004 - his creations
Latest Project: Rise of The Ancient: The Cursed Lands
experience True RPG ever created on AOM - coming soon
"This is the Reason why you have to play AOM again." ~deadwalker
Submitted Files: Greece Main Menu AoM Chess Panos's Journey
posted 06 July 2009 00:45 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
and i though mafia was audacious

this is an awesome idea. it'll take a ton of work, but if done right, this could be an awesome scenario/campaign/whatever. good luck!

Prepare to be CONQUERED! Mwahahahaha!
posted 06 July 2009 01:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
Well Im still trying to figure out the stry line, but will be starting soon- heres a link to a glimpse of my project!
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8823
posted 21 July 2009 06:36 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
I had an idea similar to this a while back, because i've never tried modding, my scenario didnt have much pizzaz but i did the Defense of Bruma map, i dont think its completed and it got rather confusing after numerous Triggers. Theres a lot of good ideas in it as well if u want to take a look at it i'd be glad to share. If you have any questions about Oblivion or any of the expansions I'm your expert, I have it for the 360 and Character has almost every item (an estimated 5-20 items shy) in the game and every single quest line has been completed including expansions, Character level glitched past 50 limit and is at 63. I'm also very familiar with the Quest line due to 4 complete playthroughs. If theres any kind of Story line jobs needed or researching i could help.
posted 21 July 2009 07:49 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
I would prefer a deterministic RPG over a non-deterministic RPG with loads of free choice. Why? Because
a) I never know which hero to choose to start with.
b) Choosing one thing means you have to drop other things. So you'll be playing, knowing that parts of the scenario will not be reachable.
c) most importantly, any time spent on the multiple, parallel storylines and the optional quests and the different characters will be time NOT spent on map design, cool new trigger ideas, and actual gameplay fun, and
d) also most importantly, I will only play the scenario once anyway! So I, as a player, don't need this free choice. Just give me the illusion that I'm in control - that's enough and it saves you a lot of triggering.

Then again, I would prefer a non-deterministic non-RPG (strategy, multiplayer, etc) over a deterministic RPG - but that's just because I like strategy so much.

Determinism = everything happens in a pre-defined order.
Non-determinism = having randomised events or free choice, or both.

Discuss!

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 07-21-2009 @ 07:50 PM).]

posted 21 July 2009 07:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
im as well a expert at oblivion having aquired every rare item the 360 has to offer. Along with a lvl 42,40,20,and 13 characters. both lvl 40s have 500k+ gold.
posted 21 July 2009 08:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
Great map if you can pull it off bro.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 16 August 2009 07:24 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
I have a sugestion for you. I'm currently doing a (very big, so will take long) RPG, and one of the features I plan to add is a weapon/armor/helmet/amulet/?misc? system. It's simple: instead of having huge boosts when you level up, you only get to choose one thing (of several options) to choose, but you can get weapons and other stuff by buying them or getting them as quest rewards. Eventually you'd need a certain level to wield some of the weapons, but probably they would be "given" to you in a fashion that keeps balance in mind (strong weapons are only avaliable later in the game).

Each weapon would have it's own attack and strenghts (good agains myth units, infantry, archers, etc.). There would also be armors that would define your crush, hack and pierce damage. And, amulets would also be nice, they would give you bonuses against certain types of units. Helmets (if added, only more complication actually) would give you small bonuses and some extra armor.

Triggers are a bit complicated thou, but each weapon should need 4 or so triggers, wich means is not hard to make new weapon choices. The problem I'm trying to solve is: how to allow you to choose what weapon to wield. That's the hard part. But, in my scenario, I'm still making the map, so this is not my focus. If you find any good idea, let me know, I might use it too.

[This message has been edited by Smilidom (edited 08-16-2009 @ 08:47 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Elder Scrolls-Future Project
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames