Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Caverns Of Kronos - Cancelled
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 27 October 2009 05:59 AM EDT (US)   

Cancelled? What? How? When? Why? Link.

The Caverns Of Kronos is a new upcoming singleplayer scenario by Yeebaagooon and Kai Hirogashi. It is mainly a serious scenario, but there are a few jokes that managed to sneak in. It is a quest type game where you play the role of Emperor Gracchus as he attempts to escape from the dreaded caverns. Many sinister traps and beings lurk in the depths of this place, but the emperor is not alone; the gods are on his side.

The Caverns Of Kronos feature many new and intriguing puzzles for the emperor to face. But beware, not all is as simple as it seems. While the gods visit and guide the emperor, the dark gods and servants of Kronos also work against him. The scenario will be a nail biting experience as the player will never know what awaits around the corner.

Emperor Gracchus is a peaceful empire builder, the mighty architect of Ionis and spearhead on the Ionian war machine. He was loved by his people, and they lived prosperously in his citadel. The Emperor worshiped Lord Zeus and The Olympians, and they favoured him and his empire. Kronos did not approve of this empire, and managed to infiltrate the main religious council. His spy was hosted within The High Theocrat and one day, Kronos unleashed his plan.
The High Theocrat summoned Emperor Gracchus to the grand temple of Zeus in the main citadel of Ionis and asked the Emperor about his faith. The Emperor was shocked by this sacrilege and exiled The High Theocrat. This was when Kronos struck, opening a massive fissure in the ground that swallowed the emperor while his spy flew free.

The Emperor awoke in a dingy underground hall when he was visited by The Oracle who informed him of where he was. The Oracle became a guiding light who liaised with the emperor and the gods; delivering important information. Eventually other gods came to his aid, but unfortunately the dark gods also sought to destroy him. You will take on the role of Emperor Gracchus as he attempts to solve the fiendish puzzles in The Caverns of Kronos and escape with his life.
But is this more than just a fight for survival? Could Kronos be planning something even darker?

Emperor Gracchus

Description:
The great Empire builder was living a quieter life compared to his past. He was no longer on the battlefields, instead a calculating mastermind plotting every move for Ionis. His daily worship of Zeus has given him great favour with The Olympians and has also caught the attention of darker gods.
The Emperor's superior intellect gives him a fighting chance of escaping The Caverns of Kronos.
The Oracle

Description:
The Oracle is the first god to know about Kronos' plans. She appears before Emperor Gracchus in the caverns and instructs him on what he must do to free himself from certain traps. The Oracle is aware of the future, but is careful not to give the emperor too much information. She alerts the other gods who also attempt to help the emperor.
Apollo

Description:
Apollo is the Sun god who at first glance can seem rather careless. His archery skills are rivalled only by his sister; Artemis
Artemis

Description:
Artemis leads the hunt against dark gods. She is accompanied by her faithful hunters and is given targets by the major Olympians.
Hestia

Description:
Lady of the hearth, Hestia is always a warm welcome. She delivers a task to the emperor and offers him the gift of traveling through hearths.
Pyra

Description:
Lady Pyra, of the flame.
Aether

Description:
Aether is lord of the air and willing to tell mortals the secret of how to travel through the air across lava filled pits.
Kronos

Description:
Kronos is the lord of time and the mightiest of the Titans. His caverns hold many sinister evils that must be fought or avoided in order to survive. But there are deeper motives at work here. Kronos is a mastermind capable of rekindling the destructive suspicions between Olympians.
Charon

Description:
Charon is Hades' chief ghoul who normally ferries souls across the River Styx. However, the recent financial crisis has seen his pay plummet, so he only takes paying customers. He travels down to the caverns to cause chaos as the emperor would be a nice addition to Erebus. Charon finds killing distasteful and always gives his victims a small chance to escape with their lives.
Morpheus

Description:
Morpheus has laid dormant for thousands of years after his cavern fortress was destroyed. He has saved up colossal amounts of energy for a grand scheme and can send any creature into an eternal sleep with a flick of his hand. Morpheus is constantly changing form, earning him the nickname of 'the gender bender' that he is continually taunted with by the Olympians.

Rick Astley

Description:
One of Hades' foulest minions and rumoured to be the chief fury in disguise. Rick Astley's death song is a deadly weapon that is feared throughout Greek mythology.

The orb of the dead

Description:
An orb capable of reawakening the dead.

Janus

Description:
Lord of choice. Janus is a neutral god who can give you much valued tools and weapons, providing you make the right choices.

Bianca Di Angelo

Description:
Bianca is one of Lady Artemis' hunters. She is an immortal girl and has sworn an oath of allegiance to Artemis. Unbeknown to her, she is the daughter of a very powerful god.

The Temple of Zeus.

Citadel buildings.

Emperor Gracchus enters the caverns.

The Oracle departs to Olympus.

The Orb of The Dead raises warriors.

The Orb of The Dead explodes.

A chest with gold is found.

A serpent trap is sprung.

The Emperor meets Artemis.

Artemis plots against Charon.

The Hunters attack Charon.

Apollo arrives.

A statue to Typhon.

The ruins of Kronos' city.

Charon plays deathly games.

Morpheus induces a deep sleep in the Emperor.

A seemingly uncrossable lava pit.

A soul crystal.

The end of an era: This will be Kai Hirogashi's last project.

Please don't pester us about release. We don't have much time now as we are both old.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-30-2009 @ 03:04 PM).]

Replies:
posted 27 October 2009 06:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 86  
More details will follow as the scenario progresses.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 27 October 2009 06:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 86  
Get rid of the humor and this may become a very elite scenario!!

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 27 October 2009 06:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 86  
Ahh yes, the awesome scenario that Kai showed me has been showcased. The showcase makes it look awesome, and it is awesome really. Kai has really outdone himself with the eyecandy, about Yeeb I don't know cause I haven't seen any triggerwork, but he never disappoints us either, and never ceises to amaze us. Good luck with this, both of you.+

edit-
And yes, I agree with SoV, as mutch as I loved the laughs in Ripto, i'd like a serious project from you Yeebie xD.

edit2-
Ok after watching the trailer I can honestly say that Yeebaagooon has outdone himself aswell, these are unit trasport triggers at their full potential.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 10-27-2009 @ 07:02 AM).]

posted 27 October 2009 07:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 86  
Here we are, finally!

|MEMORY|
posted 27 October 2009 07:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 86  
It looks really good, good luck with it. Those screenshots are fantastic.

Oh noes poor Charon, he has no money.
posted 27 October 2009 07:32 AM EDT (US)     6 / 86  
This looks amazing!

Sad to see this is your last project Kai, but what an awesome scenario to go out on.

From what I could see in the video, it looks like there will be some very nice trigger tricks. Keep up the good work Yeebaagooon.
posted 27 October 2009 07:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 86  
Amazing work, Yeeb and Kai.

and this is only the 12%!

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 27 October 2009 08:09 AM EDT (US)     8 / 86  
Can't wait until this is out!

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 27 October 2009 08:09 AM EDT (US)     9 / 86  
Thanks guys.

Cookies to whoever gets the significance of when I posted this.

posted 27 October 2009 08:13 AM EDT (US)     10 / 86  
I think I know, but I'll let someone else guess

Glad to see you managed to get a video in the showcase.
posted 27 October 2009 08:30 AM EDT (US)     11 / 86  
Happy birthday Yeebaagooon!

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)

[This message has been edited by lostrozzacavalli (edited 10-27-2009 @ 09:56 AM).]

posted 27 October 2009 08:33 AM EDT (US)     12 / 86  
Happy birthday, Yeeb!

I didn't know it, too lazy to check the census, I honestly thought his birthday would be 4/7 or something.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 27 October 2009 09:52 AM EDT (US)     13 / 86  
Happy B-Day yeebs!

Looks really nice. Only one thing disturbs me, and that is Rick Astley.

KingUndergroundKing
posted 27 October 2009 09:53 AM EDT (US)     14 / 86  
Congratulations.

Those screenshots, are sooo impressive!
It looks simply amazing, this must've taken you alot of effort to make.

Good Luck!
Only one thing disturbs me, and that is Rick Astley.
He is indeed getting to much attention.
I hope you make the right choise.

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 10-27-2009 @ 09:55 AM).]

posted 27 October 2009 10:32 AM EDT (US)     15 / 86  
I bet it's because yeeba loves him

KingUndergroundKing
posted 27 October 2009 11:03 AM EDT (US)     16 / 86  
Wow Yeeb, so that's what you've been working on. The building eyecandy is amazing with roofs and columns and the way you blended effects together into spectacular effects sequences is just incredible.

Happy Birthday, Yeebmeister.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 27 October 2009 11:32 AM EDT (US)     17 / 86  
Please don't pester us about release. We don't have much time now as we are both old.
lol wut?

KingUndergroundKing
posted 27 October 2009 12:06 PM EDT (US)     18 / 86  
Looks great, even though I for once would prefer a serious story, it's good that you say most of it will be rather serious.

Happy birthday! Please don't go FMT already today.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 27 October 2009 12:08 PM EDT (US)     19 / 86  
For some reason, I have the feeling that I will be rick rolled during the final boss battle of this scenario...

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 27 October 2009 12:18 PM EDT (US)     20 / 86  
Happy B-day to Yeebaagooon

This scenario looks amazing, incredible eyecandy, impressive showcase, and especially nice trailer. This will be great, no doubt good luck with the project.
posted 27 October 2009 12:29 PM EDT (US)     21 / 86  
Ah, so this is what you meant!

Looks very similar to M3 of Ripto. Speaking of which, your clue didn't help much. Got a couple of ideas left though.

Also, Happy B-day!
posted 27 October 2009 01:04 PM EDT (US)     22 / 86  
Excellent! This is the most exiting thing I've seen in quite some time. Will MJ be in it?

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 27 October 2009 04:40 PM EDT (US)     23 / 86  
This reminds me of Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
Good luck you two, it looks really neat.
Keep us updated and don't disappoint.

posted 27 October 2009 05:09 PM EDT (US)     24 / 86  
Percy Jackson reference FYI

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
posted 27 October 2009 05:12 PM EDT (US)     25 / 86  
Nice showcase Yeebs, thumbsup!

Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Caverns Of Kronos - Cancelled
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: