You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 43 44 45 46 47 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 12 February 2007 02:10 AM EDT (US)   
Please go here for the new thread.

So you have a question? You can post it here!
Lol, the actual asking of a question is approximately <1% of the entire question process. - oddy
Ironically, this thread has decreased the quality of posts at SD, because now the smart people post here -Spitfire

An age has ended, the old question thread has reached the 2500th post, after the era's of King Jared, ArticWind7, and Paperfriend we are in need of a new thread. It has many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous three threads?
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling?
Greyshark has produced a very useful guide But I have found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9, Arrgghhh! Army deploy dosnt work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

This thread will continue past post 2500 until it reaches its limit.
There is no limit, and as such, the 2500th poster should get the new thread to avoid that the thread info gets corrupted. Just a heads up.
Noooooo, must get that post!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-08-2008 @ 11:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 22 June 2007 02:35 AM EDT (US)     1101 / 2501  
Im trying to find my scx files but they arent in the scenario folder. Any help? I have the gold edition.

[This message has been edited by mrbriggles (edited 06-22-2007 @ 03:11 AM).]

posted 22 June 2007 08:41 AM EDT (US)     1102 / 2501  
mrbriggles: Did you look in

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Scenario

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 22 June 2007 12:22 PM EDT (US)     1103 / 2501  
Is there anyway to get MOther Natures Monuments to block godpowers?

I tried setting the tech "Age 1 isis" but it didnt work...

~O.Fenrir.O~
<•.o\Keyblade/o.•>
(
/^\)
\./
posted 22 June 2007 01:39 PM EDT (US)     1104 / 2501  
I surfed on the internet and I think that I was using a wrong trigger for what I wanted to do. So could anyone tell me if there is a way for a player which is inactive (has no AI) at the beginning of the game to become active starting at some point of the game ?

Thanks to anyone who knows and wouldn't mind answering.
posted 22 June 2007 06:34 PM EDT (US)     1105 / 2501  
no i didn't, but thanks for asking!
posted 23 June 2007 04:23 AM EDT (US)     1106 / 2501  
Here I unfortuanately am again...even though this question probably won't be answered, and because I can't find the search function, this is the last place I know of to find an answer to a question...which is: How come when I put a Plenty Vault (a normal one under the ownership of Gaia) on a map, and test the map, and go over and gain ownership of it, why I don't get any resources from it at all? No matter how long I wait...Any help would obsequiously be appreciated....

Strength through Unity | Unity through Faith
posted 23 June 2007 04:32 AM EDT (US)     1107 / 2501  
@FenrirKeyblade

They always do if their civilisation is Isis (P0 = Isis)

@Xinthose
You have to use it as a godpower. Placing it as a unit wont give you any resources.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 06-23-2007 @ 04:34 AM).]

posted 23 June 2007 05:37 AM EDT (US)     1108 / 2501  
Just a bit extra for Fenrir:

You have to use random map scripting to set Mother Nature her major god. Isis is not the same as nature, even while they do use the same buildings.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 23 June 2007 10:22 AM EDT (US)     1109 / 2501  
You have to set nature as isis to make it work - i.e. use random map scripting.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 23 June 2007 11:47 AM EDT (US)     1110 / 2501  
Oh well, i was just trying to make it to were people cant cast godpowers in the market of my map.

~O.Fenrir.O~
<•.o\Keyblade/o.•>
(
/^\)
\./
posted 23 June 2007 01:15 PM EDT (US)     1111 / 2501  
Just place Gaia monuments and set gaia as an enemy to all players through the diplomacy trigger.

posted 23 June 2007 02:50 PM EDT (US)     1112 / 2501  
Well, i need her to be an ally so they wont attack the units buying the stuff.

~O.Fenrir.O~
<•.o\Keyblade/o.•>
(
/^\)
\./
posted 24 June 2007 05:41 AM EDT (US)     1113 / 2501  
Then neutral will do the job perfectly

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 06-24-2007 @ 05:41 AM).]

posted 24 June 2007 03:49 PM EDT (US)     1114 / 2501  
in the game, slingers shoot fire, how do i change it bak to normal?
posted 24 June 2007 04:10 PM EDT (US)     1115 / 2501  
DeathIsMoreLife:

Nottud's Transform Trigger can do anything you want it to and more!

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 24 June 2007 04:21 PM EDT (US)     1116 / 2501  
they dont shoot fire because of triggers but because of the protox (i think) how do i edit protox.xmb?
posted 24 June 2007 06:16 PM EDT (US)     1117 / 2501  
My cinematics are messed up online.

They work fine in the editor, but they all get screwed up online.

The problem is that THEY ALL FIRE AT THE SAME TIME!

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but I think it has something do to with the conditions for each trigger.

The condition for all the triggers is Army Dead, and the army is a computer player's army (a different one for each).

Maybe the Army Dead condition doesn't work online if it is a computer army, can anyone confirm this?

Also, what are some ways I can prevent my scenario from being edited?
posted 24 June 2007 07:41 PM EDT (US)     1118 / 2501  
DeathIsMoreLife:
You can still change what they fire using Nottud's transform trigger, regardless of what causes it.

Editing your protox is modding, and will make it so you cannot play online. Furthermore, no one except you will play your scenario with an edited protox, unless you include it with the download. And including mods with downloads with drastically decrease the ammount of people that download your scenario.

If you still want to proceed with modding, look here. The modding forum is here.

Despite everything that I've said above, modding is a great and fun thing to do with Age of Mythology. Just look at the LTA total conversion! I've tried some modding myself, and it's highly enjoyable once you understand the basic rules and principles.

AdamEric:
Instead of repeating the condition for all your triggers, try this:

Trigger 1:
Conditions:
Army is Dead
Effects:
Fire Event:
Your trigger

Repeat the Fire Event trigger so that it fires all triggers that you have. Change the condition of those triggers to Always.

If this doesn't work, try adding timers or changing the priorities of your triggers so that they don't all fire at the same time.

posted 25 June 2007 10:55 AM EDT (US)     1119 / 2501  
Hello everyone, it is me again.

In one of my scenarios, I need the player to build 11 Town centers. However, when he finishes building the tenth one, a countdown timer appears saying that the player will win if he holds the 10 settlements he already has for a few minutes. Is there anyway to disable this ?
Thanks.
posted 25 June 2007 03:03 PM EDT (US)     1120 / 2501  
Gnord:

Click on "scenario", then "scenario data". Uncheck the box that says "Use Victory Conditions".

However, this should not happen unless one team owns all settlements on the map. Are you sure you placed eleven settlements on the map? Could one have the player's allies have taken control of the eleventh settlement?

posted 25 June 2007 10:22 PM EDT (US)     1121 / 2501  
i downloaded AoMC Staff Heroes mod and i put them all in the right placec except these files .Script (DAT file)

.root.vpf (VPF file)

.AoMC Staff Heroes.rar
(rar file)
can sum1 tell me where 2 put them thx

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
Member Since - 04-16-2007
Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd
posted 27 June 2007 10:11 AM EDT (US)     1122 / 2501  
I figured out my problem, I was right that the Army is Dead condition doesn't work online if the army selected is a computer army.

And I keep seeing scenarios that are protected from being edited, yet I cannot find out how to do it myself. Can someone post a link or something with some tips and tricks to protect your scenario?

Also I only have AOM, not TT, so any anti-edit guides would have to be for AOM Vanilla.

[This message has been edited by AdamEric (edited 06-27-2007 @ 10:13 AM).]

posted 27 June 2007 12:31 PM EDT (US)     1123 / 2501  
Hi, im doing right now an scenario, with Pirates of Carribean, but i need help.
How can i change units hitpoints?
posted 27 June 2007 12:40 PM EDT (US)     1124 / 2501  
@rareshutzu13

You cant edit an individual units hitpoints, but you can every unit type hitpoints by using the trigger modify protounit. Make sure the parameter is hitpoints and then put the amount you want to increase/decrease by in the delta box
posted 27 June 2007 12:44 PM EDT (US)     1125 / 2501  
what is the code to use the animations for various the implode objects...such as implode pull sphere (i think its that one that gives the cloud thingy)

i tried to put it in from the animation viewer..but it didnt work..so if anyone knows it, I would be greatful
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 43 44 45 46 47 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: