You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 08 January 2008 11:27 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question? You can post it here!
Lol, the actual asking of a question is approximately <1% of the entire question process. - oddy
Ironically, this thread has decreased the quality of posts at SD, because now the smart people post here -Spitfire
Mwahahaha -Yeebaagooon
Mwahahaha (Again) -Yeebaagooon

An age has ended, the old question thread has reached the 2500th post, after the era's of King Jared, ArticWind7, Paperfriend and Yeebaagooon we are in need of a new thread. It has many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous four threads?
Yeebaagooon's Thread
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics / zoom the camera out?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling?Greyshark has produced a very useful guide But I have found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9, Arrgghhh! Army deploy doesn't work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 04-26-2008 @ 12:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08 January 2008 11:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2513  
should i get to host this thread instead?

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 08 January 2008 11:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2513  
Stickied.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-08-2008 @ 11:32 AM).]

posted 08 January 2008 11:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 2513  
ok...why when I press ctrl+1 on the main characte does it cause him to die?...I'm not sure if he dies, but the trigger I have for lose conditions runs
Conditions: Is Dead
Effects: Sound Filename
You Lose

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 08 January 2008 11:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 2513  
That is not phrased very well. Pressing control and a number usually make the people selected an army and should not cause them to die, if you mean you want him to die when you press control and 1, try the condition Unit is in army/group.

Hope that helped .

posted 08 January 2008 11:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 2513  
no i don't want him to die...but the lose message comes up when you do add him to that army...however this only happens when it's just him

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 08 January 2008 11:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 2513  
then you should use Unit is in army/group as YeebaagooOn said.

And why did you got the 2500th post!

TBK_-_iDrug
"Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
"And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
"I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
"Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
"Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici

[This message has been edited by TBK145 (edited 01-08-2008 @ 11:48 AM).]

posted 08 January 2008 12:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 2513  
He might have deleted the 2500th post from someone else, and used his post to quickly replace it. Obviously followed by a silent ban of the person who posted the first 2500th post, so nobody will ever remember him *cough*.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 01-08-2008 @ 12:05 PM).]

posted 08 January 2008 12:20 PM EDT (US)     8 / 2513  
Penguin chat ninja,
Go to your Lose Condition trigger with the Army Is Dead condition and click show unit and see which unit (if any) it has set. CTRL+1 only makes the currently selected units, keyboard army 1 (unless you have changed your keys). Perhaps it's just a coincidence that you lost when you hit CTRL+1, when the unit that is actually set in the trigger really died somewhere else in the game.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 08 January 2008 12:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 2513  
I think he just sat behind the screen refreshing the page every 1/4th of a second.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 08 January 2008 01:17 PM EDT (US)     10 / 2513  
Somebody else should host this thread, yes.
posted 08 January 2008 01:20 PM EDT (US)     11 / 2513  
Yeah. I got the 2500th post, then he deleted 100 posts XD from the middle of the thread xO

j/k

-Mator

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
._..........)..\__________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
.............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
............(@
(¯`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.´¯)
posted 08 January 2008 02:07 PM EDT (US)     12 / 2513  
it was my fault he got it, I interfered in mortal affairs and look waht happened , and baske, this is why i nominated you for craziest person.

As for a question....ummmmmmmm, where are the triggers units in area by type

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 08 January 2008 03:12 PM EDT (US)     13 / 2513  
I have a question. How do I make it so that the Unit Create At Unit trigger creates the unit where the target unit is when the trigger is fired, not where the target unit was at the start of the scenario?

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 08 January 2008 03:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 2513  
@ Roxas, It should be included in the main game.

@ SOTK Maybe have it inactive and then use fire event?

posted 08 January 2008 03:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 2513  
I'll try that.

Edit: Nope, that didn't work. *scratches head*

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus

[This message has been edited by Son_Of_The_King (edited 01-08-2008 @ 03:42 PM).]

posted 08 January 2008 03:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 2513  
Maybe try one of the other tricks?

posted 08 January 2008 03:47 PM EDT (US)     17 / 2513  
Omg, new thread.
posted 08 January 2008 04:56 PM EDT (US)     18 / 2513  
Question

Is it possible to make something happen as a consequence of invoking a Rain GP?

posted 08 January 2008 05:16 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2513  
if you use the condition(S)

god power active
god power used

then yes

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 08 January 2008 06:15 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2513  
Could anyone tell me the location of the sound effect that comes with Meteor Impact Water?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 08 January 2008 08:39 PM EDT (US)     21 / 2513  
in the downloads section there is a file with all the game sounds by nottud or someone else.

You could also open up the animation viewer for the object and look at the sound there, (then just stick .wav on the end and hey presto )

posted 08 January 2008 09:11 PM EDT (US)     22 / 2513  
For showcases, how do you get the entire picture to appear? Mine always ends up as a thumbnail.

Also, what happened to all the posts?

Hey I know you!

Without A Doubt, The Most Known Person In The World (Metaphorically Speaking)

Latest Scenario: I Am Bear - The Cinematic (4.4)
A Sequel to the Titans Campaign: Rise of the World Power
posted 08 January 2008 09:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 2513  
this is a new question thread. TRy resizing your images, before you upload them to your image host. Then use the img tags and use the URL of the direct link.

posted 09 January 2008 02:13 AM EDT (US)     24 / 2513  
LOL
Do not have a spamaway in this thread.
Mwahahaha! (Again)
How ironic :P

TBK_-_iDrug
"Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
"And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
"I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
"Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
"Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici

[This message has been edited by TBK145 (edited 01-09-2008 @ 02:13 AM).]

posted 09 January 2008 04:07 AM EDT (US)     25 / 2513  
Yeebaagooon stole our post! !

Well lets start spamming for the next thread!

[/offtopic]
[/kidding]
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames