You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 44 45 46 47 48 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 12 February 2007 02:10 AM EDT (US)   
Please go here for the new thread.

So you have a question? You can post it here!
Lol, the actual asking of a question is approximately <1% of the entire question process. - oddy
Ironically, this thread has decreased the quality of posts at SD, because now the smart people post here -Spitfire

An age has ended, the old question thread has reached the 2500th post, after the era's of King Jared, ArticWind7, and Paperfriend we are in need of a new thread. It has many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous three threads?
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling?
Greyshark has produced a very useful guide But I have found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9, Arrgghhh! Army deploy dosnt work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

This thread will continue past post 2500 until it reaches its limit.
There is no limit, and as such, the 2500th poster should get the new thread to avoid that the thread info gets corrupted. Just a heads up.
Noooooo, must get that post!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-08-2008 @ 11:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 27 June 2007 01:34 PM EDT (US)     1126 / 2501  
The cloud is an object.
It's implode pull effect I believe.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 27 June 2007 01:53 PM EDT (US)     1127 / 2501  
probably...I dont have AOMX in front of me. Basically its able to go through loads of animation...and one looks really cool...like something is being born in the earth
posted 28 June 2007 03:09 AM EDT (US)     1128 / 2501  
Hi, me again, srry but is the first time i do a real scenario and i can't find that trigger modif, can u tell me from begining how can i change hp?
posted 28 June 2007 03:12 AM EDT (US)     1129 / 2501  
Do you have the X-pack? The effect only comes with the expension

If you have it, there is a good detailed instruction after the FAQ3.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 28 June 2007 09:44 PM EDT (US)     1130 / 2501  
How do u make icons appear in game i forget

Now known as IMP_Avenger
posted 29 June 2007 06:16 AM EDT (US)     1131 / 2501  
During cinematic, type the icon name into the field that says "portrait". If you have reyk's New X Editor 3, click on Portrait in the Options menu for a list of icon names.

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 29 June 2007 09:51 AM EDT (US)     1132 / 2501  
I have just had a minor stroke because of AoM, and I could use some help. I am trying to make a roleplay, and was doing well on my first attempt, but one day I saw that all of my triggers had been erased. Well, that was bummer, and instead of continuing that scenario, I made a new one. It was much larger than the first and more complicated, much more. This morning I'd had perhaps three or four dozen triggers invested in it, and about a week and a half of solid work. Just moments ago, all of the triggers disappeared. This is very bad for any number of reasons. Now, could someone tell me why my game seems to hate me so?
PS-I have been saving the level constantly since the first lost all of its triggers.
posted 29 June 2007 10:00 AM EDT (US)     1133 / 2501  
That's why you make back-ups.

Of my scens, I have three different locations.

My site, the aom folder, another folder: Be sure to a lot of back-ups.

No matter what you say
posted 29 June 2007 10:15 AM EDT (US)     1134 / 2501  
If i want the death animation of implode sphere effect, what do I put in the set animation box? I tried opening the animation viewer and putting the path in direct but nothing, so if anyone knows it..I'll be greatful

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 29 June 2007 10:15 AM EDT (US)     1135 / 2501  
No,No, not an icon in a cinematic, i mean while playing a game.I've done it before.Not like during an introduction like in game, like typing in color. It starts with ui/icon/ or something like that. I found i list just not wat they start with

Now known as IMP_Avenger
posted 29 June 2007 11:38 AM EDT (US)     1136 / 2501  
Type this in<icon=(20)(icons/special e son of osiris icon 64)>Thats a Son Of Osiris example. Obviously replace it with what you want.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 29 June 2007 02:43 PM EDT (US)     1137 / 2501  
do this, its cooler:<icon=\"(40)(icons/icon resource wood)"/>replace "wood" with either food gold, or population

"If I was in somebodies sig I would kill a kitty....... A lol kitty....." -Keron Cyst
Hades Mythodea By igotskillz
DOWNLOAD MY AWESOME TAUNTZ!
posted 29 June 2007 03:14 PM EDT (US)     1138 / 2501  
Hey guys.

Is there a way to somehow increase the distance that a Minotaur special will throw any enemies by a small amount?

Leethaxor? I am he.
Thou shalt hoist oneself upon thy ship of good sportsman, For thy days of "GG" and "NICE Shot" hath past, "GG" shalt be "BS" thy "Nice Shot" shalt be "AIMBOT!!1!1".

- Teh Book of Noob Chapter 8:12
posted 29 June 2007 04:50 PM EDT (US)     1139 / 2501  
Not without modding, unfortunately. I'm not even sure if its possible at all, actually.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003

[This message has been edited by jonathan1222 (edited 06-29-2007 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 29 June 2007 09:58 PM EDT (US)     1140 / 2501  
I posted about this a while ago then went off and played other games but any way: Whats the trigger pack that alows u to order units to build towncenters, i dont care weather or not its on a settelment as long as when it dies it makes a settelment, i just want it to be building.

death is not the worst, it is the ultimate end
posted 30 June 2007 04:39 AM EDT (US)     1141 / 2501  
I have a question about campaign scripting. Though I get the scripting part, I don't know where to save the XML file in the AoM folder.

Does anyone know where to save the file?

[This message has been edited by Trivian (edited 06-30-2007 @ 04:41 AM).]

posted 30 June 2007 04:50 AM EDT (US)     1142 / 2501  
You save the campaign xml file in the data folder

A green great dragon.
posted 30 June 2007 07:38 AM EDT (US)     1143 / 2501  
Thank you =)
posted 30 June 2007 08:57 AM EDT (US)     1144 / 2501  
Thank you Cerberus_001 for answering my previous question ! It was of great help to me.
But I now have another "problem", if we can call it so. In one of my scenarios, by one of the players' name is written (+100%). Could anyone tell me what it means and how I could get rid of it ?
Thanks
posted 30 June 2007 08:58 AM EDT (US)     1145 / 2501  
It means he has a 100% handicap. All his actions are speeded up with 100%. This probaly means that you have a Titan level AI in your scenario, because those automaticly get a 100% handicap.

No matter what you say
posted 30 June 2007 12:04 PM EDT (US)     1146 / 2501  
I'm trying to create my own campaign. I got the Scenario's and the campaign files all set up, now there's just one thing left.

In the real campaign of the game it happens to be that when you die you won't be able to see the whole map. Only the parts that you explored. The problem is that when you make a costum scenario, when you die, you'll be able to see the whole map. All black map and fog of war is then turned off.

How can I turn that effect off? So that when you die in the costum made campaign, you won't be able to see the whole map but only what you explored till then.

[This message has been edited by Trivian (edited 06-30-2007 @ 12:06 PM).]

posted 30 June 2007 04:39 PM EDT (US)     1147 / 2501  
Is it possible to have a trigger(or does one already exist) that makes it to were locked teams is tunred off/on so the host doesnt have to worry about it?

Also are there any in depth trigger making guides out there?

~O.Fenrir.O~
<•.o\Keyblade/o.•>
(
/^\)
\./
posted 30 June 2007 05:12 PM EDT (US)     1148 / 2501  
I must admit, it took me ages to learn triggers. I only really understood them AFTER I learn't random map scripting because they are so simular in many ways.

Try here:
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=20343&f=13,,,all&st=0

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 30 June 2007 05:25 PM EDT (US)     1149 / 2501  
Thanks, now i jsut need to find out about that team thing.

~O.Fenrir.O~
<•.o\Keyblade/o.•>
(
/^\)
\./
posted 01 July 2007 08:15 PM EDT (US)     1150 / 2501  
Hey guys, i've got a dilemma. i'm trying to make a sims-style map using the layout of the second to last level in the titans campaign. anyway, i got that all situated and proceeded to delete all the triggers. that's all done. my problem starts when i go to play the map. the view fades in from black and shows me the world, but the controls aren't there! (you know, the buttons at the bottom and top of the screen) i can still move play the game...sort of :\ anyway, what i need to know is how to keep the scenario from fading in and not showing me my controls. thanks in advance.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 44 45 46 47 48 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames